Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,914 members, 7,835,053 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 02:34 AM

What Habits Did You See In Your Father And You Are Determined To Change - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Habits Did You See In Your Father And You Are Determined To Change (12496 Views)

What Habits Did You See In Your Father That You Are Determined To Sustain? / Father And Mother Abandon Six Children For Landlady, Go Their Separate Ways (vid / Photo Of A Proud Father And His Six Daughters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Habits Did You See In Your Father And You Are Determined To Change by Hausa(m): 12:08am On Sep 15, 2023
riko1010:
My father framed me up for murder after this incident.
Would not wish the habit of destroying his own children's lives remain in him. My brothers are sisters lives were reasonably ruined by him and I thought it was their fault. Recent evidence shows he's at the center of it all.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hwBbEzawrqI&pp=ygUOTW91a2EgRW1tYW51ZWw%3D
Sorry, but what's the story?
What were they looking at in the video?
Re: What Habits Did You See In Your Father And You Are Determined To Change by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 12:11am On Sep 15, 2023
Nairas2dollars:
He is too humble and simple to the core. I hate it, you are so rich and still humble? WTF! He is a semi billionaire and still gist with his employees as friends..talks to them as if he is in the same social class with them!

And so what?

Are they lesser humans than you are or he is? You're so despicable. You are so rich and humble. What does that mean? You disgust me. I will avoid your kind by a mile should we come across.

5 Likes

Re: What Habits Did You See In Your Father And You Are Determined To Change by riko1010: 12:21am On Sep 15, 2023
The story is available on medium and Instagram. @_wadja and medium.com/@moukaemmanuel
He and a lawyer, barr.kalikwu and police ochestrated a falsified statement after someone broke in and asked assistance. Then they falsified an autopsy and attempt to imprison me for murder in my own gated premises without any attack by me.
Hausa:
Sorry, but what's the story?
What were they looking at in the video?

Re: What Habits Did You See In Your Father And You Are Determined To Change by membranus: 12:57am On Sep 15, 2023
Klass99:

This sounds like my dad and almost every Nigerian man I know. Sadly you may marry, have kids and still make the same mistake your father and mine did.

Because you men don't ever listen to your wives when they try to caution or shield you from the pack of wolves you call your relatives. You wrongly assume your wives are selfish or hateful and they don't want you to help your families. That's usually not the case.

Women can see how your blood relatives are often entitled, lazy, covetous or envious and they want to take advantage of you. However majority of you are unable to see what your relatives are really like and you carry blood is thicker than water on your heads like gala. Until blood shows you shege then your wife's words of caution start to make sense.

I smile and shake my head when ignorant men say things like a wife is not your blood or relative. Your own blood relatives will wound you quicker and faster than the wife who is not related to you. Most of us grew up seeing this happen in our parents' homes but we become adults and think it can't happen to us, after all blood is thicker than water na.

Oh....and genuine condolences for the loss of your father, that must have been really rough. I spoke with mine today and I can't wait to go see him. None of us is promised tomorrow.

But when the man is investing in his wife's family, giving them free access to his home, but denying his own blood relations, he is doing the right thing ba?

3 Likes

Re: What Habits Did You See In Your Father And You Are Determined To Change by Nobody: 1:57am On Sep 15, 2023
membranus:

But when the man is investing in his wife's family, giving them free access to his home, but denying his own blood relations, he is doing the right thing ba?

That is the man's fault nau. Was he forced to deny his own people for the wife's family.

Its up to the man and his wife to draw the line and determine who to help or accept into their home.

1 Like

Re: What Habits Did You See In Your Father And You Are Determined To Change by Nobody: 1:57am On Sep 15, 2023
riko1010:
The story is available on medium and Instagram. @_wadja and medium.com/@moukaemmanuel
He and a lawyer, barr.kalikwu and police ochestrated a falsified statement after someone broke in and asked assistance. Then they falsified an autopsy and attempt to imprison me for murder in my own gated premises without any attack by me.

This is quite serious.
Re: What Habits Did You See In Your Father And You Are Determined To Change by blingxx(m): 3:25am On Sep 15, 2023
SultanOfPuna:
My Dad is a classic Simp
I learnt a lot from his mistakes πŸ™πŸ½

Then I discovered Red pill which changed my life for the best!!

Mine was the opposite.. Infact my dad is the most stubborn man I've ever met in my life, that man feared no one except God, no one is as hard as him,he use to tell us story how he hung out with criminals and was the blackship of the family.. he's morals about life are both wrong and right tho, I actually learnt a lot from him it helped us a lot because of him I can adapt to any situation.. Depression and crying are for weak men, damn my dad grin

4 Likes

Re: What Habits Did You See In Your Father And You Are Determined To Change by Tozocalamity: 3:34am On Sep 15, 2023
My dad was a complete gentleman. too predictable, he would always want to do "wat is right." he wil never cut corners to move ahead like others and dat saw him lagging behind financialy materialy.

5 Likes

Re: What Habits Did You See In Your Father And You Are Determined To Change by ONEjoblessGUY: 3:39am On Sep 15, 2023
Klass99:

This sounds like my dad and almost every Nigerian man I know. Sadly you may marry, have kids and still make the same mistake your father and mine did.

Because you men don't ever listen to your wives when they try to caution or shield you from the pack of wolves you call your relatives. You wrongly assume your wives are selfish or hateful and they don't want you to help your families. That's usually not the case.

Women can see how your blood relatives are often entitled, lazy, covetous or envious and they want to take advantage of you. However majority of you are unable to see what your relatives are really like and you carry blood is thicker than water on your heads like gala. Until blood shows you shege then your wife's words of caution start to make sense.

I smile and shake my head when ignorant men say things like a wife is not your blood or relative. Your own blood relatives will wound you quicker and faster than the wife who is not related to you. Most of us grew up seeing this happen in our parents' homes but we become adults and think it can't happen to us, after all blood is thicker than water na.

Oh....and genuine condolences for the loss of your father, that must have been really rough. I spoke with mine today and I can't wait to go see him. None of us is promised tomorrow.

Nonsense.........
Only a foolish woman will type dis.........
Wound the man's relative didn't do when e never met the wife abi??

1 Like

Re: What Habits Did You See In Your Father And You Are Determined To Change by Aaaaarghmed(m): 5:20am On Sep 15, 2023
My father is too calm esp to outsiders, pple take advantage of him and I hated it while growing up.so I vowed never to let anyone or any woman rubbish me,if you Bleep me up,I Bleep you up,even now that am grown,when pple try to take advantage of him and I show my face, dem dey coordinate.. it annoys me so much,my father younger brother go dey shout for am..my dad go mute.Thank God e no fit happen again because of me.Am calm o,but I dish it hot to you physically,I no dey waste time.Do you know that people now respect and fear my Dad because of me grin

8 Likes

Re: What Habits Did You See In Your Father And You Are Determined To Change by Emu4life(m): 5:45am On Sep 15, 2023
yusufdayo1:
Are you talking about my father
Seems we are in the same shoes brother.
Re: What Habits Did You See In Your Father And You Are Determined To Change by Emu4life(m): 5:47am On Sep 15, 2023
Aaaaarghmed:
My father is too calm esp to outsiders, pple take advantage of him and I hated it while growing up.so I vowed never to let anyone or any woman rubbish me,if you Bleep me up,I Bleep you up,even now that am grown,when pple try to take advantage of him and I show my face, dem dey coordinate.. it annoys me so much,my father younger brother go dey shout for am..my dad go mute.Thank God e no fit happen again because of me.Am calm o,but I dish it hot to you physically,I no dey waste time.Do you know that people now respect and fear my Dad because of me grin
Na so e suppose be comrade. I Twale for you.

2 Likes

Re: What Habits Did You See In Your Father And You Are Determined To Change by Nairas2dollars: 6:08am On Sep 15, 2023
UyaiIncomparabl:

And so what?

Are they lesser humans than you are or he is? You're so despicable. You are so rich and humble. What does that mean? You disgust me. I will avoid your kind by a mile should we come across.

I believe in Social classes, you don't expect to see Buhari gisting with a local government chairman when he was president.

2 Likes

Re: What Habits Did You See In Your Father And You Are Determined To Change by SageWithSarcasm(m): 6:49am On Sep 15, 2023
He was okay, till the act of polygamy ventured in. Now ion even know him no more
Re: What Habits Did You See In Your Father And You Are Determined To Change by Bellotelli: 6:55am On Sep 15, 2023
Skyview01:
While thinking and reminiscing, I am thinking of my childhood and growing up, as kids, whenever our fatger would come back from work, we would allwys all run out of the house through the backdoor at the sound of his car horn.

The biggest reason is immediately he is stepping in, he would start complaining about things not being in their right places.
Chores not being done or improperly done, house not clean enough and he would always have something to complain about in an angry tone of voice.

I came to believe it was his own way of dealing with a stressful day at work and over time, it kinda created some tensions between us.

I told myself, no matter what, if I had my own family, no matter the stress I pass through during the day, i would never take it out on the kids or wife.

So whenever i come back from work and i see chores not done properly, my father's reaction would flash in my mind and i would take a deep breath and go the opposite directio , ask the kids and wife how their day went.
and generaly chit chat about them without making them uncomfortable around me.

At the end, I might ask my son, "sweetheart, when are you going to wash the dishes? Even at the peak of a very stressful day, I would find a way to smile and go to my room in solitude.

Secondly, shouting at the children while correcting the. My dad as a true Nigerian man would yell at a high octave while correcting us and it frequently drives me crazy as a teenager.

With my kids and family, I practice a low even tone of voice while i am angry or making neccessary corrections. I find this to be very effective as it made the kids receptive and willing to change.

The results, kids are free with me and can discuss virtually everything in their lives with me.

So, what did you see your father do while growing up you were unhappy with and wanted to change in your own family.
I've seen my dad sometimes got drunk and reek of alcohol. I really like to change that in me. I've learnt to drink in moderation.

1 Like

Re: What Habits Did You See In Your Father And You Are Determined To Change by NACE13: 7:08am On Sep 15, 2023
He idolizes my mom a lot, always trying to please her and shower her with gifts. I sometimes see it as simping. Well, with what she has done for the family, I can say it is fair.

He likes to tell people his plans before embarking on them.

He is competitive- When he sees other people or their kids do something, he wants to or wants us to do better.

Other than that, that man is my HERO. I wish I could pay him back with 100 years of extra life.
He is hardworking, smart, loving, caring, driven(always pushing us to strive for more and never settle for less).
We gist like brothers, even do father and son banters.

7 Likes

Re: What Habits Did You See In Your Father And You Are Determined To Change by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 7:31am On Sep 15, 2023
Nairas2dollars:

I believe in Social classes, you don't expect to see Buhari gisting with a local government chairman when he was president.

Keep quiet, you disgusting classist.

2 Likes

Re: What Habits Did You See In Your Father And You Are Determined To Change by CooldipoMPS: 7:41am On Sep 15, 2023
beejay85:

I would rather rap my head around what my father did right effortlessly that am currently struggling to get right

create a thread about that, we can all learn a thing or two

1 Like

Re: What Habits Did You See In Your Father And You Are Determined To Change by sacajawea: 7:41am On Sep 15, 2023
Nairas2dollars:
you are being poor and mad simultaneously !.
Me Poor? Lol
Once Again you Misfire. Shows your brain and how you read situations is faulty.

I hope your dad sees you for who you are, genuinely hope so.. but unfortunately, he most likely will not
Re: What Habits Did You See In Your Father And You Are Determined To Change by Gentlesoul2021(m): 7:43am On Sep 15, 2023
Skyview01:
While thinking and reminiscing, I am thinking of my childhood and growing up, as kids, whenever our fatger would come back from work, we would allwys all run out of the house through the backdoor at the sound of his car horn.

The biggest reason is immediately he is stepping in, he would start complaining about things not being in their right places.
Chores not being done or improperly done, house not clean enough and he would always have something to complain about in an angry tone of voice.

I came to believe it was his own way of dealing with a stressful day at work and over time, it kinda created some tensions between us.

I told myself, no matter what, if I had my own family, no matter the stress I pass through during the day, i would never take it out on the kids or wife.

So whenever i come back from work and i see chores not done properly, my father's reaction would flash in my mind and i would take a deep breath and go the opposite directio , ask the kids and wife how their day went.

At the end, I might ask my son, "sweetheart, when are you going to wash the dishes? Even at the peak of a very stressful day, I would find a way to smile and go to my room in solitude.

Secondly, shouting at the children while correcting the. My dad as a true Nigerian man would yell at a high octave while correcting us and it frequently drives me crazy as a teenager.

With my kids and family, I practice a low even tone of voice while i am angry or making neccessary corrections. I find this to be very effective as it made the kids receptive and willing to change.

The results, kids are free with me and can discuss virtually everything in their lives with me.

So, what did you see your father do while growing up you were unhappy with and wanted to change in your own family.

Non challant attitude to children upkeep and wellbeing. Womanizing engulf him so deeply, someone who served in his local government for 8 years yet didn't plan himself. Women, cars was his top priority despite all effort from his wife to make him reason well and invest. Now he totally got nothing and wrecked. Infact if it was not my mom struggle who was a civil servant bfr she retired that made us all GOTO school without his impact we would not have that privilege. I'll never neglect my kids or maltreat my wife. So help me God....

4 Likes

Re: What Habits Did You See In Your Father And You Are Determined To Change by Wotowotoman: 7:45am On Sep 15, 2023
ukaface:
My dad prefers to take advice from outsiders rather than his wife or children and most times the advice dey always Fvck up.
But me dey always take advice steady steady from my brother, even down to fashionπŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚.

Welcome back from Kuje πŸ˜‚
Re: What Habits Did You See In Your Father And You Are Determined To Change by ukaface(f): 7:48am On Sep 15, 2023
Wotowotoman:

Welcome back from Kuje πŸ˜‚
na me you Dey follow laugh?
πŸ™ƒ
Re: What Habits Did You See In Your Father And You Are Determined To Change by blingxx(m): 7:53am On Sep 15, 2023
UyaiIncomparabl:

And so what?

Don't blame him I've friends that despise their parents gentleness, and they ain't wrong you have any neve been in his shoes.. Some of this yahoo boys and hkp girls you see today are result of their parent too soft on them.
Re: What Habits Did You See In Your Father And You Are Determined To Change by CooldipoMPS: 7:56am On Sep 15, 2023
Please create and tag me when you do, we all need to continue to learn from the experience that abounds all around us!
Aragon001:
My dad believe his family and trust them too much to the detriment of his own family. My dad comes from a polygamous home and he takes his step siblings side and believe/ trust them even when God thru spiritual intervention reviews that his problems and that which his children are facing originates from his father's House.
Another thing I hate about him is him taking his family matters outside. He discusses his children and wife at his place of work, to his family and even in church to anyone who he is familiar with.
Thirdly he always compares his children to other kids and complain how they are doing great. If he see someone kid being a footballer he will say we should have play ball, if they are playing musical instruments he says we should have done that too. Always seeing good in others and wanting same. But he has never ever in his life since he know him take any of his children to football or music practices for once or ever encourage us or lead us to do one thing or another.
Never ever came to my school from nursery to university.i remember when I got admission to the university, and was asked to paid some money he said I should stay back and forget about it. My dad has never sat with me or my siblings to teach us for once. Was a good driver and have a car which he never thought me or my siblings to drive.
His entire mindset, lifestyle and behavior is something i detest and don't ever in this life want to emulate. And I dont want my kids to bear his name or surname, cos to me he was a failure.
I want similar topic too about mother too like this
Re: What Habits Did You See In Your Father And You Are Determined To Change by Emyogalanya: 8:03am On Sep 15, 2023
Pandev:
@the bolded, don't be too sure of yourself. This kain matter na im Dem dey call 'who no go no go know'. So wait till you are there first. We tend to understand our fathers as we grow, especially when we start having our own children. More so, some of us later in our lives appreciate the iron hands of our parents. And again, in most case, mothers always come through for the children. I think that makes it balance. A child need a iron hands to raise him, a male child especially 'cause life isn't a piece of cake.
Absolutely
Re: What Habits Did You See In Your Father And You Are Determined To Change by deewhone(f): 8:08am On Sep 15, 2023
The only two things worth emulating from mine is his punctuality and ability to keep things. He rejects or gets anywhere hours earlier. Keeping things, you can call him a museum.

Anything aside the above.....nothing o
Re: What Habits Did You See In Your Father And You Are Determined To Change by Emyogalanya: 8:10am On Sep 15, 2023
Skyview01:

I told myself, no matter what, if I had my own family, no matter the stress I pass through during the day, i would never take it out on the kids or wife
there is a Saying that goes like this: by the time a man grows up to know that his father was right, he already has a son who thinks he is wrong. Ponder on this on your post

3 Likes

Re: What Habits Did You See In Your Father And You Are Determined To Change by Gentlesoul2021(m): 8:10am On Sep 15, 2023
Nonexisting1:
My father is a simp and too nice to vaginarians. He is also very extravagant with money. Recently, the old man has been admiring me. I am the exact person he had wanted to be but I guess it's too late for him now. My stinginess and my zero tolerance for vaginarians and their shenanigans are on another level. Cheers to all the gentlemen like me jare.

Lol I hail o
Re: What Habits Did You See In Your Father And You Are Determined To Change by Gentew(m): 8:26am On Sep 15, 2023
Skyview01:

I don't want to be as gentle as my dad.....
Re: What Habits Did You See In Your Father And You Are Determined To Change by Mayhem1: 8:31am On Sep 15, 2023
Onkoolos:
Nothing, he is perfect to me
nobody is perfect, check am well

1 Like

Re: What Habits Did You See In Your Father And You Are Determined To Change by Ingocof(m): 8:32am On Sep 15, 2023
Reminderz:
He talks too much and trusts easily... He believes because he's good, everyone else is good... He tells people his plans before actualising them...

Are you talking about my dad?
Where did you guys met?

1 Like

Re: What Habits Did You See In Your Father And You Are Determined To Change by Mayhem1: 8:34am On Sep 15, 2023
1. He is a big hypocrite

2. He is a womanizer

3. Has anger issues

4 he is arrogant

5. He is nosy

6. He has serious trust issues

The list goes on and on

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Few Month Double Door Fridge, 3hp Ac For Sale / Woman Marries Her Sister's Convicted Killer / Surrogacy Services Now Available In Nigeria For Intending Parents

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.