Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,227 members, 7,818,772 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:19 AM

Confused Right Now And Need A Solution!! - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Confused Right Now And Need A Solution!! (13804 Views)

The Tech Craze: A Bubble, Not A Solution For Unemployment In Nigeria. / I'm Confused About The Grade Level I Was Given For A Federal Government Job / Two Job Offers: I'm Confused (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Confused Right Now And Need A Solution!! by Hamachi(f): 7:45am On Sep 15, 2023
From DM
I'm actually working (45k month) and I’m also doing business but my business is booming sometimes I sell close to (150-200k a month) & the work is really giving me small stress sha! It a government work.

I’m thinking of quitting and focusing on my business but I’m scared that if I quit I will loose the opportunity of doing government work or what if my business crash tomorrow. I do sell stuff online and it kinda generating me good money, but I don’t know what to do.

If you were in my shoe what will u do?? No insult please

3 Likes

Re: Confused Right Now And Need A Solution!! by Tunagy: 8:01am On Sep 15, 2023
since you're selling online, i think you should be able to combine the two, i will advise not to leave the government work.

147 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Confused Right Now And Need A Solution!! by Mbee247(m): 8:06am On Sep 15, 2023
It can be quite scary, have been there before, now what it looks and feels like, just want to point out something to you, everything's all a risk,but still, if i were in your shoes, i would continue doing till the time i reach a stage where the online business makes x10 of my salary and i have gotten a team to handle so many of the herculean tasks.

With way, the economy is right now and as you know nothing's so sure, in this time and season, one needs to have multiple sources of income that is kind of safe to sustain.

Most times, when we work with corporate organizations, there's this feeling of safety within us but it's not still the best, if one wants freedom long term, one has to go into entrepreneurship.

In conclusion, try not to leave your job because of unforeseen uncertainties, you could manage it till you get a bit of a security in your online business.

Wih that, i wish you all the best!

34 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Confused Right Now And Need A Solution!! by Islie: 8:17am On Sep 15, 2023
If the government Job isn't affecting your business then there isn't any need to quit.

You need to be tactical because the economy of today is becoming unpredictable and it can go south if you decide to quit one for the other

31 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Confused Right Now And Need A Solution!! by MORIERA: 8:21am On Sep 15, 2023
Don't quit Nada

Keep running both

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Confused Right Now And Need A Solution!! by Meerahbel: 2:18pm On Sep 15, 2023
MORIERA:
Don't quit Nada

Keep running both
Why?
Re: Confused Right Now And Need A Solution!! by Robnectar(m): 3:56pm On Oct 01, 2023
Hamachi:
From DM
Are you located here in Lagos?
Re: Confused Right Now And Need A Solution!! by Hamachi(f): 5:25pm On Oct 01, 2023
Robnectar:

Are you located here in Lagos?
Yes
Re: Confused Right Now And Need A Solution!! by Robnectar(m): 5:43pm On Oct 01, 2023
Hamachi:
Yes

Same here, how about we get to know each other better,

1 Like

Re: Confused Right Now And Need A Solution!! by Hamachi(f): 8:25am On Oct 11, 2023
cheesy
Robnectar:

Same here, how about we get to know each other better,
Re: Confused Right Now And Need A Solution!! by Robnectar(m): 8:51am On Oct 11, 2023
Hamachi:
cheesy

Ur Whatsapp digits

1 Like

Re: Confused Right Now And Need A Solution!! by Hamachi(f): 6:45pm On Nov 26, 2023
kiss
Robnectar:

Ur Whatsapp digits
Re: Confused Right Now And Need A Solution!! by Robnectar(m): 4:20am On Nov 27, 2023
Hamachi:
kiss

Come on, still waiting for it

1 Like

Re: Confused Right Now And Need A Solution!! by Puss360(f): 9:23am On Nov 27, 2023
From the look of things, the business is giving you more than 3 times the government salary....
Well, you can quit the government job Nd focus on Ur business full-time....
It's good to hustle Nd make money, but don't forget your health...
Always make time to rest... Coz the day you collapse, both the government job Nd the customer of Ur business won't bother about Ur wellbeing...

7 Likes

Re: Confused Right Now And Need A Solution!! by FreeStuffsNG: 9:24am On Nov 27, 2023
Hamachi:
From DM
The only business the law permits a civil servant to do is farming.

You are better facing your business and leave the civil service work before you lose on both sides. That others do something wrong and get away with it doesn't mean you will get away with it.

You seem to have placed your business above your civil service job so quit the civil service to face your business so that those who need the civil service job and ready to face it 100% can have that civil service job. Check my signature for free stuffs!

2 Likes

Re: Confused Right Now And Need A Solution!! by Kukutenla: 9:25am On Nov 27, 2023
Because you deserve insults for advertising your joblessness, you ended your lies with no insults pls
⚡️🔥👈

1 Like

Re: Confused Right Now And Need A Solution!! by ThatrealestApex: 9:25am On Nov 27, 2023
Re: Confused Right Now And Need A Solution!! by grace161: 9:25am On Nov 27, 2023
DON'T QUIT YET
Re: Confused Right Now And Need A Solution!! by blamingthedevil: 9:26am On Nov 27, 2023
Navigating the challenging path of entrepreneurship can be daunting for someone like you, but your early initiation into the learning process is fortunate. The journey may be tough and solitary, but it holds the promise of eventual fulfillment. As a former career professional who left a paid job nine years ago at the pinnacle of my career, the decision rests in your hands.

Before transitioning from your paid job to your part-time business as full-time, consider factors such as:

Financial Stability: Ensure you have a solid financial foundation to sustain yourself during the initial phases of your business.

Market Research: Evaluate the demand for your product or service, understanding your target market and competition.

Business Plan: Develop a comprehensive business plan outlining your goals, strategies, and financial projections.

Network and Support: Build a network of mentors, advisors, and a support system to guide you through challenges.

Legal and Regulatory Compliance: Understand and comply with legal and regulatory requirements relevant to your business.

Passion and Commitment: Assess your passion and commitment to the business, as it will be crucial during challenging times.

Skills and Knowledge: Ensure you possess the necessary skills and knowledge for running your specific business.

Health Insurance and Benefits: Consider how leaving your job might impact health insurance and other benefits, and plan accordingly.

Market Trends: Stay updated on market trends to adapt and evolve your business accordingly.

Contingency Plan: Have a contingency plan in case things don't go as expected, providing a safety net for unforeseen challenges.

Wishing you all the best and don't blame the devil

Experienced Entrepreneur & CEO

1 Like

Re: Confused Right Now And Need A Solution!! by mightyhaze: 9:27am On Nov 27, 2023
Do both

If u Japa u go still combine like 2 or 3 jobs for that side to fit meet up

1 Like

Re: Confused Right Now And Need A Solution!! by starpower(m): 9:27am On Nov 27, 2023
Hamachi:
From DM
Leave if leaving can double that income. Left my dad business after my part-time gig was giving me 6 times my job income and I could comfortably pay someone a salary I was paid.
Re: Confused Right Now And Need A Solution!! by incandescentena: 9:27am On Nov 27, 2023
Quit the online business and focus on the government job. Let patriotism be your watch word for the public service responsibility you sign to uphold

2 Likes

Re: Confused Right Now And Need A Solution!! by Nobleou(m): 9:27am On Nov 27, 2023
OP, even if government job is paying you 10k don't quit it. Bear the stress...

Government job has job security...

1 Like

Re: Confused Right Now And Need A Solution!! by Fatbam005: 9:27am On Nov 27, 2023
At the end you are considering japa
Re: Confused Right Now And Need A Solution!! by DWJOBScom(m): 9:28am On Nov 27, 2023
Combine both!!
Improve on both!
Open your eyes to opportunities!!
It can never be enough.
A combination of both resources is just an allowance for some people and it's still biting
So calm down and remain focused

1 Like

Re: Confused Right Now And Need A Solution!! by adecz: 9:29am On Nov 27, 2023
undecided
Re: Confused Right Now And Need A Solution!! by Johnycastro18: 9:29am On Nov 27, 2023
Why not do the both...
Re: Confused Right Now And Need A Solution!! by BigDickProblems: 9:29am On Nov 27, 2023
The reason why you are spewing this trash is because you are earning 150k a month from the business. If you were earning 20k monthly from the business, you won't come here to talk trash. Bloody Nigerian.
Re: Confused Right Now And Need A Solution!! by Badgers14: 9:29am On Nov 27, 2023
Hamachi:
From DM

Manage the two until you are well established and invested.. them you could decide to leave government work and become self employed.

How long have you been in the business? How much have you saved? Can you divest your investment to have another layer of financial security? ( you don't have to answer these questions online here but this would be questions I would ask my self if I was faced in a situation like this).

The problem is, many new businesses once they make profits in the first few months , go all in ... sometimes it works, sometimes not.

The best to do is to nurture the business while still having that steady flow of income no matter how small from your Government job.. then build up the business then go all in if you must by quitting the government job.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Sahara Group Graduate And Experience Job Recruitment ( 4 Positions) / Aso Villa Demo Day Selection Criteria / Push CV Elite Employee Quest 2015

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.