Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,089 members, 7,818,276 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:41 AM

Confused Right Now And Need A Solution!! - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Confused Right Now And Need A Solution!! (13803 Views)

The Tech Craze: A Bubble, Not A Solution For Unemployment In Nigeria. / I'm Confused About The Grade Level I Was Given For A Federal Government Job / Two Job Offers: I'm Confused (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Confused Right Now And Need A Solution!! by Fatbam005: 9:29am On Nov 27, 2023
We don't know if it is a state or federal job. State job will only afford you loans and after 35 years , you will only see a rickety building while you lobby for pension on queues . Focus on your business bro and be an employer of labour from there. A civil servant remains a servant.
Re: Confused Right Now And Need A Solution!! by Exceed15: 9:30am On Nov 27, 2023
Please don't leave that job yet. U. Don't know the value of a thing until u loose it.
Re: Confused Right Now And Need A Solution!! by Babamide(m): 9:30am On Nov 27, 2023
Try to keep managing the two. Most of your business connects would also come from work.
Re: Confused Right Now And Need A Solution!! by oneMalik: 9:31am On Nov 27, 2023
the case is simple if am in your shoe .

I will never quit a government job [ It's a secured one ] for such business , at least for now .

I will only re-strategise to see if i have to drop some stuffs like unproductive friends and activities .

Channel my time and energy to only the needed areas in my life .

ce fini .

2 Likes

Re: Confused Right Now And Need A Solution!! by Adewale1603(m): 9:32am On Nov 27, 2023
Quit ke ? For this tinubunation economy and shege pro max. You want to quit one job to focus on another, where lots of people are seeking for more source of income to add to their present one. They are looking for more jobs to add. They can handle 3 jobs at a time as far it doesn't in anyway hinders or disturbs themselves
Re: Confused Right Now And Need A Solution!! by adecz: 9:34am On Nov 27, 2023
You sell 150 to 200k per month.

The question is, what profit do you make
from this sales, abi na the entire 150 to 200k
be profit❓🤔

1 Like

Re: Confused Right Now And Need A Solution!! by Padipadi(m): 9:37am On Nov 27, 2023
Hamachi:
From DM
Quit when you feel it's time

1 Like

Re: Confused Right Now And Need A Solution!! by Greattha: 9:37am On Nov 27, 2023
Well, it's not like government work is all that these days except you rise to certain levels and are in lucrative mdas/ ministries.
The beauty is in the supposed security.

However, do your best to maintain the two cos the current economic situation of Nigeria doesn't really support small businesses. You can't plan or predict anything for now

You're operating online so keep at it, whatever stress you're going through will sort itself out soon.

The day you quit your government job, you'll immediately regret it...

Keep your head high and it'll all work out.

My 2 cents.

Hamachi:
From DM

1 Like

Re: Confused Right Now And Need A Solution!! by AntiMen: 9:41am On Nov 27, 2023
So it sounds like you're weighing the security of a government job against the exciting potential of your business. It's important to consider the risks and rewards of each option. Can you tell me more about the stress you're feeling from your work? And what about the sustainability of your business? What would happen if your business took a downturn? Do you have a plan B in case that happens? It's important to weigh the risks and rewards of each option. What are your personal goals and priorities? Financial stability? Career growth? Quality of life? Work-life balance?

1 Like

Re: Confused Right Now And Need A Solution!! by Malocity(m): 9:44am On Nov 27, 2023
Hamachi:
From DM

A wise man once said, Government work, even if something happens to you anytime, salary will still come in but Business...na na na na na na, it requires your efforts to keep moving up.

Just think about it.

1 Like

Re: Confused Right Now And Need A Solution!! by Tywright: 9:45am On Nov 27, 2023
That's the reason we call it government work in Nigeria, it's flexible so you can combine with you private business if you stay active. Don't quit.

1 Like

Re: Confused Right Now And Need A Solution!! by dandollaz: 9:45am On Nov 27, 2023
Which online business are you doing.that's my concern now.
Re: Confused Right Now And Need A Solution!! by Akalia(m): 9:47am On Nov 27, 2023
Hamachi:
From DM
Be serious with your business first and have faith in it.You are better off as an entrepreneur than as a civil servant(slave)

1 Like

Re: Confused Right Now And Need A Solution!! by israelmao(m): 9:52am On Nov 27, 2023
My candid advice to you is to keep that job so far it is not a private job,it remains a good back-up for your business.

1 Like

Re: Confused Right Now And Need A Solution!! by RepoMan007: 9:55am On Nov 27, 2023
Employ extra helping hand instead of forming superman on dry fast.

1 Like

Re: Confused Right Now And Need A Solution!! by kingphilip(m): 9:56am On Nov 27, 2023
Is it the sales that is #150-#200k or the profit?

If it is the profit, find someone you trust abit and put in the business while you continue the government job.

Also save as much as possible to diversify the business so that you won't be afraid of you crashing if the government work or this first business crashes
Re: Confused Right Now And Need A Solution!! by jaxxy(m): 10:01am On Nov 27, 2023
The aim is to have multiple sources of income so if u leave u will be stuck with one. Its not so bad bt u will have no back up if business isn't smooth. Truth is there are tough days in business and u must not be too vulnerable.

so unless u have a healthy savings or 2nd or 3rd side business the risk is high.
Re: Confused Right Now And Need A Solution!! by Blaze14k: 10:01am On Nov 27, 2023
Hamachi:
From DM

Is the 200k the profit you make from the business or total sales a month?

1 Like

Re: Confused Right Now And Need A Solution!! by gabicon: 10:07am On Nov 27, 2023
Hamachi:
From DM

There is a difference between sales and what you make, you sell clothes worth 150k a month, what is your profit margin? That will better educate you on if the business is making more than your 9 to 5 job.

Another thing you need to consider b4 quilting your job is consistence, can you confidently say that the business will have an average sales of 150k for the next six months? If it doesn't how will you survive. Different business nitch usually have a dry spell season and boom seasons do you know your business seasons. What I'm trying to emphasise is you need to know more than great sales of your business b4 you consider quitting your job.

2 Likes

Re: Confused Right Now And Need A Solution!! by Memyselfu2009(m): 10:11am On Nov 27, 2023
So get a virtual assistant that you would pay to help you out keep your jobs this country is full of uncertainty

1 Like

Re: Confused Right Now And Need A Solution!! by femi4: 10:17am On Nov 27, 2023
Hamachi:
From DM
You can combine both, if your business need more attention, apply for sabbatical leave , grow your business and resign

1 Like

Re: Confused Right Now And Need A Solution!! by Peterobi90: 10:19am On Nov 27, 2023
If it's just sales of 200k, your profit should hover around that same salary with the Govt job after removing all cost of revenue if you are prudent enough.

It's not too serious for life changing decisions.. infact, that govt job has been so beneficial to you and the business, you just have failed to see it.
Re: Confused Right Now And Need A Solution!! by Geo4646: 10:21am On Nov 27, 2023
Hamachi:
From DM

Don't quit, the government work is what gives you the platform and Ur biz class and trust from your customers. people believes what they see. The pictures, the environment. Don't give up. I know it's stressful. Unless u have a more better plans. Don't be too carry away with the profit. Think of connection the government work as given u. And more will still come just be patient and pray for God for strength.

1 Like

Re: Confused Right Now And Need A Solution!! by hollamie(m): 10:22am On Nov 27, 2023
Your fears are important

however you must take up the responsibility and own up to whatever happens

I say this because you have got to evaluate exactly what you want to achieve in life
Check out the top 10 individuals in the world, they are not employees but rather business owners

All i am saying is that figure out what you want and be determined to follow through

Hamachi:
From DM

1 Like

Re: Confused Right Now And Need A Solution!! by Spreadlove8888(m): 10:30am On Nov 27, 2023
Since you have your business that you are running online and government works that you are running offline

Save some money and open an offline store for ur business and focus on your business

Your offline store is now your office 🤷🤷🤷🤷🤷

1 Like

Re: Confused Right Now And Need A Solution!! by Rukkyken71: 10:40am On Nov 27, 2023
My guy! Pls do not quit anyone for any
Manage ur time well n have time for adequate rest
Nigeria is getting harder by the day

Best regards bro

1 Like

Re: Confused Right Now And Need A Solution!! by DEBJOCH1(m): 10:45am On Nov 27, 2023
Puss360:
From the look of things, the business is giving you more than 3 times the government salary....
Well, you can quit the government job Nd focus on Ur business full-time....
It's good to hustle Nd make money, but don't forget your health...
Always make time to rest... Coz the day you collapse, both the government job Nd the customer of Ur business won't bother about Ur wellbeing...

I DONT USUALLY LIKE COMMENTING, BUT FOR THE SAKE OF THIS KIND OF ADVISE ABOVE ME, I AM FORCED TO COMMENT, YOU SAID YOU WORK IN THE GOVERNMENT AS A CIVIL SERVANT AND EARN N40K A MONTH, THOUGH "A PEANUTE". CIVIL SERVICE JOB IS A LEVEL THING, YOU GROW CLIMBING THE LADER, SO LONG YOU HAVE THE REQUIRED CERTIFICATE OR CERTIFICATION YOU WILL GROW TO YOUR PEAK AT THE CIVIL SERVICE. THE N40K SALARY MIGHT BE INSIGNIFICANT AS TAKE HOME FOR NOW. THE CIVIL SERVICE WORK I KNOW, GIVES YOU ROOM TO PLAY WITH OTHER BSUINESSES, AND NOW YOU SAID YOUR JOB IS AN ONLINE, I DONT SEE ANY REASON WHY YOU SHOULD QUITE THE JOB.

YOU CAN TRY TO WIN THE HEARTH OF YOUR SUPERIOR AT WORK, I KNOW THIS IS NOT NEW THING, BUY THEIR LOVE, WIN THEM TO YOUR SELF, YOU UNDERSTAND WHAT I MEAN, BY DOING SO, YOU WILL GET THE AMPLE OF TIME TO DO WHAT YOU WANT TO DO WHEN YOU ARE NOT AT WORK.

ONE OF MY CLASS MATE STARTED A CIVIL SERVICE WORK WITH A SALARY OF N40K, WHILE I WAS HIRED BY A PRIVATE COMPANY AND WAS PLACED ON N70K SALARY THEN, THIS MY FRIEND ALWAYS FEEL ENVY OF THAT I EARN HIGHER THAN HIM THEN, BUT NOW FASTFORWARD THEN TO NOW TILL NOW, THE GUY NOW EARN ABOVE N400K, WHILE I AM STILL STATIC. HE HAS TRAVELED TO US, SCOTLAND AND OTHER COUNTRIES FOR COURSES AND TRAINING WHILE I AM STILL REDUNDANT WHERE I AM ARE WITHOUT EVEN EARNING HALF OF HIS SALARY STILL AT PRIVATE SECTOR, THOUGH THANK GOD FOR OTHER SIDE HUSTLE.

THIS SAME FRIEND STILL HAVE THE WHOLE TIME FOR HIM SELF TO RUN HIS OTHER LINES OF BUSINESS, HE GOES TO WORK 10AM, BY 2PM - TO 3PM HE IS DONE FOR THE DAY.

DONT BECAUSE OF THE SMALL SALARY (N40K) AND RESIGN FROM THE JOB.

YOU MIGHT ONLY TAKE A STEP OF RESIGNING IF YOU ARE SURE WITHING YOU THAT YOU ARE FULLY CALLED OR BORN TO BE A FULL TIME ENTERPRENURE, OTHERWISE, OGA, I WILL ADVISE YOU TO HOLD ON TO THAT JOB, MANAGE YOUR ONLINE BUSINESS AND THE CIVIL SERVICE JOB TOGETHER, DONT LET ANY ONE DECEIVE YOU OF RESIGNING. SOME OF THE PERSONS ADVISING YOU TO RESIGN STILL EAT FREE MEAL FROM THEIR PARENTS, MOST OF THEM ARE LIABILITIES TO THEIR DEPENDANTS, MAJORITY OF THEM DONT KNOW WHAT LIFE IS ALL ABOUT.

SO, A BIRD AT HAND WORTHS MORETHAN MILLIONS OF BIRDS IN THE FOREST.

2 Likes

Re: Confused Right Now And Need A Solution!! by tfelicityk(m): 10:48am On Nov 27, 2023
If your business is online as you mentioned. I will suggest you combine the two together. If you and your wife understand eachother very well. You can establish her too. Most times, she will be the one to do delivery on your behalf whenever you are at work.
However, I will advise you not to leave the government work at all. Just make sure you are adhered to the ethnic of the job to keep it intact.
Re: Confused Right Now And Need A Solution!! by do4luv14(m): 10:49am On Nov 27, 2023
Hamachi:
From DM

Don't quit,

combine both until you side hustle is able to pay you close to a million monthly,

Even at that don't quit

1 Like

Re: Confused Right Now And Need A Solution!! by abba190: 10:53am On Nov 27, 2023
give me the 45k abeg i promise i will be giving u 5k monthly from the money
Re: Confused Right Now And Need A Solution!! by Karleb(m): 10:55am On Nov 27, 2023
Retire.
Re: Confused Right Now And Need A Solution!! by Dundalk(m): 10:58am On Nov 27, 2023
abba190:
give me the 45k abeg i promise i will be giving u 5k monthly from the money
your account number:

names:

your bank name:

urgent pls..

grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Sahara Group Graduate And Experience Job Recruitment ( 4 Positions) / Aso Villa Demo Day Selection Criteria / Push CV Elite Employee Quest 2015

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.