Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,149 members, 7,815,022 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:08 AM

Mohbad Tops Apple Music Chart, Overtakes Burna Boy - Music/Radio (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Mohbad Tops Apple Music Chart, Overtakes Burna Boy (32300 Views)

Seyi Vibez is the World's Most Streamed Artiste On Audiomack, overtakes Asake / Tina Turner Overtakes Fela In Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Vote. / Burna Boy's 'African Giant’ Tops Chart On Apple Music In More Than 10 Countries (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mohbad Tops Apple Music Chart, Overtakes Burna Boy by ggoldmine: 9:58am On Sep 15, 2023
His death generated a lot of interest and curiosity, even by those who didn't know him. I didn't know him and had to play some of his songs to remember. I think other people did same, hence the increased activities for his songs.

So, it's not necessarily glory after death.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mohbad Tops Apple Music Chart, Overtakes Burna Boy by Akwamkpuruamu: 9:58am On Sep 15, 2023
It's unfortunate
Re: Mohbad Tops Apple Music Chart, Overtakes Burna Boy by Klington: 9:58am On Sep 15, 2023
cool
Re: Mohbad Tops Apple Music Chart, Overtakes Burna Boy by Wizardslayer: 9:58am On Sep 15, 2023
God forbid bad things.

Because he's death abi
Re: Mohbad Tops Apple Music Chart, Overtakes Burna Boy by Hollyharjii: 9:58am On Sep 15, 2023
k
Re: Mohbad Tops Apple Music Chart, Overtakes Burna Boy by eliwa47(m): 9:59am On Sep 15, 2023
Oga o
Re: Mohbad Tops Apple Music Chart, Overtakes Burna Boy by Bfly: 10:00am On Sep 15, 2023
His untimely death being the reason.
So do away with the sentiment.

2 Likes

Re: Mohbad Tops Apple Music Chart, Overtakes Burna Boy by Gentlelox: 10:00am On Sep 15, 2023
Imole
Re: Mohbad Tops Apple Music Chart, Overtakes Burna Boy by 2aces(m): 10:02am On Sep 15, 2023
Irony of life, people only show fake love to trend and ride on a new wave, in reality they don't give a fukk about you.

Love yourself, cos nobody truly cares.

2 Likes

Re: Mohbad Tops Apple Music Chart, Overtakes Burna Boy by thaoriginator: 10:03am On Sep 15, 2023
cry
Re: Mohbad Tops Apple Music Chart, Overtakes Burna Boy by olamilarks(m): 10:05am On Sep 15, 2023
Lutherblaq:

https://www.gistlover.com/glory-after-death-mohbad-tops-apple-music-chart-overtakes-burna-boy/
people who are in the music business knows the piecemeal streaming platforms pay. The koko for artist na endorsement and shows! All this top charts and streams are just vehicles to get endorsement and shows which require his physical presence. RIP Moh!

Modified: Apple pays between 0.001-0.007$ per stream, so 10k stream is between $10-$70. Ask Sproutgig workers who earn in tiny cents how long it takes to make something reasonable!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mohbad Tops Apple Music Chart, Overtakes Burna Boy by orikoku: 10:07am On Sep 15, 2023
Chai... May we all never get this kind faith. Someone say amen.
Re: Mohbad Tops Apple Music Chart, Overtakes Burna Boy by CooldipoMPS: 10:07am On Sep 15, 2023
So sad! Igba ta ba ku la n dere!
Re: Mohbad Tops Apple Music Chart, Overtakes Burna Boy by Weathered: 10:08am On Sep 15, 2023
Can our pressmen clarify that this is African Apple music chart for Africa and not the world ranking

2 Likes

Re: Mohbad Tops Apple Music Chart, Overtakes Burna Boy by FashionCookie(f): 10:08am On Sep 15, 2023
It's well
Re: Mohbad Tops Apple Music Chart, Overtakes Burna Boy by Menclothing: 10:09am On Sep 15, 2023
LegallyBlunt:
They sacrificed him to earn from his music.

Read between the lines.
When will the police invite Marley and Larry??

Someone that have left label for how many months his streams acct is managed By his wife
Re: Mohbad Tops Apple Music Chart, Overtakes Burna Boy by Inosky(m): 10:10am On Sep 15, 2023
After his death, they're forcing people to know him and play his songs. Nigerians.
Re: Mohbad Tops Apple Music Chart, Overtakes Burna Boy by Airlord2030: 10:10am On Sep 15, 2023
bloggers make una let this guy rest na angry
Re: Mohbad Tops Apple Music Chart, Overtakes Burna Boy by 49cents(m): 10:11am On Sep 15, 2023
kilonshele101:
I see nothing wrong here.

Before you start forming ‘intelligent’ or ‘woke’, remember many of you will spend more money on your parents funeral than what you can give them at once when are still alive.

This doesn’t mean we are not good people. When someone dies, we tend to do things we wouldn’t do (things being equal) for the person. A strange form of respect.

Economics and psychology also confirmed that value is (naturally) attached to scarcity.

Your point is noted but the parents own is not respect.
People spend a fortune on burial for their own self respect not for that of their parents
Re: Mohbad Tops Apple Music Chart, Overtakes Burna Boy by CrazyGranddad(m): 10:11am On Sep 15, 2023
I think people are merely curious. Not like they suddenly discovered they loved Mohbad.

It's like asking what songs this guy even sang? Then you go search for it on streaming platforms.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Mohbad Tops Apple Music Chart, Overtakes Burna Boy by Chetas81(m): 10:11am On Sep 15, 2023
Who's fault
Re: Mohbad Tops Apple Music Chart, Overtakes Burna Boy by Fiscus105(m): 10:13am On Sep 15, 2023
Sign of glory taken from devil.

You will see it but won't enjoy it
Re: Mohbad Tops Apple Music Chart, Overtakes Burna Boy by teebaxy(m): 10:14am On Sep 15, 2023
Marlians have finally cash out … so sad
Re: Mohbad Tops Apple Music Chart, Overtakes Burna Boy by miqos02(m): 10:17am On Sep 15, 2023
Re: Mohbad Tops Apple Music Chart, Overtakes Burna Boy by iamtardey: 10:18am On Sep 15, 2023
LegallyBlunt:
They sacrificed him to earn from his music.

Read between the lines.
When will the police invite Marley and Larry??
imole and Zino were friends I believe…

1 Like

Re: Mohbad Tops Apple Music Chart, Overtakes Burna Boy by phemmyfour: 10:20am On Sep 15, 2023
Factfinder1:
May we not be popular in death.

It changes nothing. Nothing matters again when you are dead
Re: Mohbad Tops Apple Music Chart, Overtakes Burna Boy by MyAmericandream(f): 10:20am On Sep 15, 2023
OnlyFiction:
That peace is so deep. Kind of proud that I was already familiar with the song before now.

The video , voice, lyrics of peace just too make sense. Just discovered this lad last week. Now this week he’s gone. The thing still dey pain me oh.

3 Likes

Re: Mohbad Tops Apple Music Chart, Overtakes Burna Boy by ViceGovernor: 10:22am On Sep 15, 2023
In my short life I've only heard 2 people who have that rare booming baritone voice.
One choir member in AFM and the late Mohbad.
That kind voice dey very rare

6 Likes

Re: Mohbad Tops Apple Music Chart, Overtakes Burna Boy by israelmao(m): 10:23am On Sep 15, 2023
A living dog is better than a dead lion,may we live to express God's glory in us to the fullest while we are still living.

1 Like

Re: Mohbad Tops Apple Music Chart, Overtakes Burna Boy by hansomb: 10:23am On Sep 15, 2023
Say no to drugs, say no to bad friends, say no to street girls.

1 Like

Re: Mohbad Tops Apple Music Chart, Overtakes Burna Boy by Manna4Gurls: 10:24am On Sep 15, 2023
Everybody were posting about him on every social media. When he lived who cared to notice his talents?

This life is such a sh!t
Re: Mohbad Tops Apple Music Chart, Overtakes Burna Boy by Kenmatt(m): 10:25am On Sep 15, 2023
Righteousness2:
The Glory of a person are the departing this world is that you departed having JESUS CHRIST as your Lord and Savoir.

The Glory of a man or woman after death is that you hear the MASTER say welcome Home my son! Welcome Home my Daughter.

If you Depart this earth without JESUS Christ, it is lamentations, regrets, pains and Wailings.

Oga, where have you been since?

I don't even know if I should say that we have missed you or we have had a cool reading time on Nairaland ever since you took a chill pill.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

A Finnish Singer That's In Love With Nigeria And Afro Beat. / Free Music Downloading / Portable Releases New Song After His Release From Prison(video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.