Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,363 members, 7,812,038 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:58 AM

What Is The Name Of This Insect Called - Science/Technology (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / What Is The Name Of This Insect Called (50297 Views)

If You Catch This Insect Alive, You Can Become Rich For 54 Million Naira / New Insect (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is The Name Of This Insect Called by Lovecars501(m): 8:45pm On Sep 16, 2023
VinnyBaba:

Olodo plenty for Nairaland. šŸ˜ÆšŸ˜•šŸ˜•

Nobody knows the name.

Only Peter Obi and Tinubu matter Dem Sabi. šŸ˜’
If you Know it's handle just say it, no need to call anyone names
Re: What Is The Name Of This Insect Called by Correspondence(m): 8:45pm On Sep 16, 2023
It is called cockroach
Re: What Is The Name Of This Insect Called by tonicyril: 8:45pm On Sep 16, 2023
itubaba001:
Saw this on my site .
na catapillar be this na

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Is The Name Of This Insect Called by tolexy007(m): 8:46pm On Sep 16, 2023
youngest85:
Army worm

Army worm ko, Mopol worm ni

3 Likes

Re: What Is The Name Of This Insect Called by iLoveYouToo(m): 8:46pm On Sep 16, 2023
youngest85:
It depends on the location

You dey whine me?
Re: What Is The Name Of This Insect Called by Truth07: 8:52pm On Sep 16, 2023
itubaba001:
Saw this on my site .
I saw something like this on thursday on my bitter leaf
Re: What Is The Name Of This Insect Called by thesilentman(m): 8:54pm On Sep 16, 2023
oz4real83:
That is a caterpillar, it can consume a lot of greens in your site at this stage, after eating enough, it starts pupating. But you don't know what the word "insect" means if you really called that an insect shocked
you are correct! If you crush it,what you get is like a mash of green slippery leaves.
Re: What Is The Name Of This Insect Called by Caleb15(m): 8:55pm On Sep 16, 2023
The child of a green snake, thats is snake pikin
Re: What Is The Name Of This Insect Called by Myer(m): 8:57pm On Sep 16, 2023
Wealthoptulent:

I hope this solves it

Butterflies have the most beautiful metamorphosis I have seen in nature. Just so beautiful.
Re: What Is The Name Of This Insect Called by Savechild23: 9:03pm On Sep 16, 2023
advanceDNA:

I am interested in the phone that took the pics

Itel
Re: What Is The Name Of This Insect Called by Leo81(m): 9:08pm On Sep 16, 2023
KingLennon:
BATapillar sad

Very slow but dangerous
Comrade,Don't start what you won't be able to finish.
Re: What Is The Name Of This Insect Called by adisabarber(m): 9:12pm On Sep 16, 2023
itubaba001:
Saw this on my site .

That's a caterpillar that will soon turn into a butterfly
Re: What Is The Name Of This Insect Called by Moneyboyz: 9:12pm On Sep 16, 2023
I've killed 2 on my I infant orange tree.

This small caterpillar finished a whole orange tree in 24 hours that fear catch me, I killed it with anger.

The orange tree managed to recover only for me to find another one on it. I use vess grind am with my shoe.

All these are from butterflies, somehow they lay eggs which form different kinds of caterpillars even those venomous ones too.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Name Of This Insect Called by Chasito(m): 9:17pm On Sep 16, 2023
That insect is worth 50 million naira, it's rare to find...
Re: What Is The Name Of This Insect Called by brain54(m): 9:29pm On Sep 16, 2023
mariahAngel:

What series?

cheesy
Donā€™t mind himā€¦

Thatā€™s not an iPhoneā€¦itā€™s an android!
Re: What Is The Name Of This Insect Called by kareemkamil(m): 9:59pm On Sep 16, 2023
It called, Green bandit
Re: What Is The Name Of This Insect Called by Akanoaaa(m): 10:02pm On Sep 16, 2023
Don't let it touch you, if it does you will regret it. I don't know its English name but we call it ipin in Yoruba
Re: What Is The Name Of This Insect Called by balingaonline(m): 10:07pm On Sep 16, 2023
itubaba001:

Ogun Nigeria
We call it JĆ hĆŗkįŗ¹Ģ at Ayetoto, Yewa North LG of Ogun State. But the spot on it back is strange.
Re: What Is The Name Of This Insect Called by Xpol: 10:09pm On Sep 16, 2023
Wisedove:
It is called upen in my dialect. If it mistakenly get in contact with your skin, you will speak unknown language grin
no. Upen always attach to leaves and it's pure green.
Re: What Is The Name Of This Insect Called by Stegano: 10:16pm On Sep 16, 2023
Akanoaaa:
Don't let it touch you, if it does you will regret it. I don't know its English name but we call it ipin in Yoruba
Are Hou serious? I also found it in my garden in 2019/2020.
Re: What Is The Name Of This Insect Called by BArris007(m): 10:19pm On Sep 16, 2023
Carterpiller
Re: What Is The Name Of This Insect Called by dontrulee: 10:22pm On Sep 16, 2023
Wisedove:
It is called upen in my dialect. If it mistakenly get in contact with your skin, you will speak unknown language grin

I'm telling you.
The pain sharp gan
Re: What Is The Name Of This Insect Called by dontrulee: 10:23pm On Sep 16, 2023
No be caterpillar be that?
If that thing touch you ehn, you go think say na injection dem give you. Crazy stuff and dem dey chop greens like mad
Re: What Is The Name Of This Insect Called by correctguy101(m): 10:24pm On Sep 16, 2023
illicit:

It's a thingamajig

True true....

Na you be ILLICIT

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Name Of This Insect Called by Edoziesmart(m): 10:25pm On Sep 16, 2023
Chasito:
That insect is worth 50 million naira, it's rare to find...
Where dem dey sell caterpillar (larvae) 50 million naira make I go hustle them tomorrow ASAP grin grin
Re: What Is The Name Of This Insect Called by dontrulee: 10:26pm On Sep 16, 2023
mariahAngel:

I'm more intrigued with the fact that you noticed that tiny little creature, and even took the time to take a picture of it.
You're in tune with nature.

It's quite easy to spot if you're observant
Re: What Is The Name Of This Insect Called by Nairalander248: 10:27pm On Sep 16, 2023
itubaba001:
Saw this on my site .
Use google lens na
Re: What Is The Name Of This Insect Called by mariahAngel(f): 10:35pm On Sep 16, 2023
dontrulee:

It's quite easy to spot if you're observant

That's the thing.
How many people are patient enough to be that observant these days? cheesy
Re: What Is The Name Of This Insect Called by mariahAngel(f): 10:36pm On Sep 16, 2023
brain54:

Donā€™t mind himā€¦

Thatā€™s not an iPhoneā€¦itā€™s an android!

How sure are you, Mr Brain? šŸ˜Œ
Re: What Is The Name Of This Insect Called by brain54(m): 10:43pm On Sep 16, 2023
mariahAngel:

How sure are you, Mr Brain? šŸ˜Œ
Pretty sure m.aā€¦

Itā€™s obvious!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Aryan Kheterpal Has Higher IQ Than Albert Einstein With Perfect Test Score / Elephant Rampages Through South African Village, Killed & Eaten (Photos) / Robot Sophia: Meet The First Robot In History To Become A Citizen Of A Country

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.