Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,074 members, 7,814,724 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 06:19 PM

What Is The Name Of This Insect Called - Science/Technology (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / What Is The Name Of This Insect Called (50301 Views)

If You Catch This Insect Alive, You Can Become Rich For 54 Million Naira / New Insect (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is The Name Of This Insect Called by mariahAngel(f): 10:46pm On Sep 16, 2023
brain54:

Pretty sure m.a…

It’s obvious!

Okay. cheesy
You know, with the overpriced piss of sh!t called iphone, one can never tell. grin
Re: What Is The Name Of This Insect Called by brain54(m): 10:50pm On Sep 16, 2023
mariahAngel:

Okay. cheesy
You know, with the overpriced piss of sh!t called iphone, one can never tell. grin
Truely overpriced…

Nothing special about it!
Re: What Is The Name Of This Insect Called by mariahAngel(f): 10:54pm On Sep 16, 2023
brain54:

Truely overpriced…

Nothing special about it!

Truly o!

I was pumped when I got it, thinking it'll take my food photography to another level, only to be disappointed. 🙄
Re: What Is The Name Of This Insect Called by Waffarianman(m): 11:01pm On Sep 16, 2023
itubaba001:
Saw this on my site .

Imperial catapillar
Re: What Is The Name Of This Insect Called by THEGALADIMA(m): 11:05pm On Sep 16, 2023
It is a Moth Caterpillar
Re: What Is The Name Of This Insect Called by rspy: 11:07pm On Sep 16, 2023
itubaba001:
Saw this on my site .

Nigeria army
Re: What Is The Name Of This Insect Called by brain54(m): 11:07pm On Sep 16, 2023
mariahAngel:

Truly o!

I was pumped when I got it, thinking it'll take my food photography to another level, only to be disappointed. 🙄
lol you fell for the hype…

Same as I. Though wouldn’t really say I fell for it as it was just “available” when I suddenly lost my other phone.

It’s not a complete junk though as it has it’s uses- though I am not the show off type but people keep staring at times and it does give one a certain status. Girls especially can get attracted. lipsrsealed

If you want a good phone with good camera capabilities I would recommend the google pixel.

Sure you won’t regret that one!
Re: What Is The Name Of This Insect Called by grandstar(m): 11:26pm On Sep 16, 2023
finallybusy:
It’s a caterpillar. Of which specific insect, I don’t know.

Update: It’s a butterfly. I can’t find the exact match on Google images. Assume it’ll become one soon and carry on with life.

I think it's a moth caterpillar

1 Like

Re: What Is The Name Of This Insect Called by Justiceleague1: 12:34am On Sep 17, 2023
itubaba001:
The name of the insect
grin grin grin grin
Re: What Is The Name Of This Insect Called by 43Ronin: 2:14am On Sep 17, 2023
itubaba001:

Ogun Nigeria
ajê nie
Re: What Is The Name Of This Insect Called by LarryCork: 2:22am On Sep 17, 2023
itubaba001:
Saw this on my site .

Baby Cokrodie!!! angry
Re: What Is The Name Of This Insect Called by Tiwatopebabe(f): 3:36am On Sep 17, 2023
Weird thing. Abeg, what's the name of this one too and how dangerous is it?

Re: What Is The Name Of This Insect Called by oz4real83(m): 4:38am On Sep 17, 2023
Judolisco:
Pls explain why a caterpillar is not an insect sir?
an insect has a chitinous exo-skeleton with three-parts body which are the head, thorax and the abdomen. Insects usually have six arms\legs and in most cases wings also. Caterpillars have none of these, just a head and a long, soft-tissue body and hence don't fit the definition of an insect.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Name Of This Insect Called by descarado: 5:37am On Sep 17, 2023
mariahAngel:

Truly o!

You should have watched YouTube reviews from popular reviewers. We have herd mentality

Samsung s series are actually costlier and picture quality better. It gives more natural vibe.

IPhone is assembled in China 100% with some parts from South korea.
They have the marketing strategy.
Even in China where its assembled, their local phone hauwei( don't know if I got the spelling) is more popular. Have never seen Chinese dramas promote iPhone. Japanese are crazy for it like Nigerians.

We are so engrossed with it cos its assumed to be from usa and you know how we worship anything from the states.
Re: What Is The Name Of This Insect Called by ogele: 6:18am On Sep 17, 2023
Pick am train am till e big. Give am name
Re: What Is The Name Of This Insect Called by ThinkSmarter: 6:48am On Sep 17, 2023
advanceDNA:

I am interested in the phone that took the pics
Honestly, the photos looks like a Netflix/Getty images
Re: What Is The Name Of This Insect Called by Elidrisy20: 6:50am On Sep 17, 2023
Concerved it, it call dragon
Re: What Is The Name Of This Insect Called by Allisgud: 6:59am On Sep 17, 2023
The green body design will be good for a room painting or polo shirt design
Re: What Is The Name Of This Insect Called by Chochovini: 7:25am On Sep 17, 2023
KingLennon:
BATapillar sad

Very slow but dangerous
. Lols, Batapillar? U wicked o. Why did u have to enbolding the first three letter words? I‘m sure U really meant a different thing by that.
Re: What Is The Name Of This Insect Called by Judolisco(m): 7:33am On Sep 17, 2023
oz4real83:
an insect has a chitinous exo-skeleton with three-parts body which are the head, thorax and the abdomen. Insects usually have six arms\legs and in most cases wings also. Caterpillars have none of these, just a head and a long, soft-tissue body and hence don't fit the definition of an insect.
Caterpillars are the larval stage of butterflies and moths, and they share these insect characteristics. They have six true legs, just like all other insects, although they also have additional prolegs (small, fleshy appendages) that help them move and cling to surfaces.....
Re: What Is The Name Of This Insect Called by iamSirPhil(m): 9:37am On Sep 17, 2023
C Hat g pT4 to the rescue

1 Like

Re: What Is The Name Of This Insect Called by itubaba001: 10:35am On Sep 17, 2023
brain54:

Pretty sure m.a…

It’s obvious!
It an iphone
Send to my whatapp on Android phone to upload. Whatsapp reduce the quality.
Re: What Is The Name Of This Insect Called by charleoj(m): 11:43am On Sep 17, 2023
It looks so much like caterpillar. Could be a Butterfly or a Moth
Re: What Is The Name Of This Insect Called by mariahAngel(f): 12:48pm On Sep 17, 2023
brain54:

lol you fell for the hype…

Same as I. Though wouldn’t really say I fell for it as it was just “available” when I suddenly lost my other phone.

It’s not a complete junk though as it has it’s uses- though I am not the show off type but people keep staring at times and it does give one a certain status. Girls especially can get attracted. lipsrsealed
😃😄

If you want a good phone with good camera capabilities I would recommend the google pixel.

Sure you won’t regret that one!

Someone once recommended it, but I hope it won't make food pictures look animated.
Re: What Is The Name Of This Insect Called by ceetowl: 12:59pm On Sep 17, 2023
Ogunnsoso
Re: What Is The Name Of This Insect Called by Cryptokin(m): 1:25pm On Sep 17, 2023
itubaba001:
Saw this on my site .
It’s definitely a caterpillar 🐛 for some bug. This is the type I saw outdoor. Location Ibadan.

Re: What Is The Name Of This Insect Called by Cryptokin(m): 1:27pm On Sep 17, 2023
Tiwatopebabe:
Omo see as them plenty..I would have kept one to see what metamorphosis it takes.
Re: What Is The Name Of This Insect Called by Adjovi: 2:38pm On Sep 17, 2023
It's either the caterpillar of a moth or butterfly
Re: What Is The Name Of This Insect Called by tankoagaie: 3:38pm On Sep 17, 2023
this a green sect
Re: What Is The Name Of This Insect Called by Emmadgrt20(m): 7:21pm On Sep 17, 2023
This could be a pupa stage of a butterfly 🦋
Re: What Is The Name Of This Insect Called by Lovelydaisies: 9:15pm On Sep 17, 2023
Tiwatopebabe:

Hmm. Irritating, if you ask me. But in my honest opinion, they might be beetle larvae. They're seem unlike caterpillars. Most likely beetle larvae.
Re: What Is The Name Of This Insect Called by Akanoaaa(m): 11:09am On Sep 19, 2023
Stegano:
Are Hou serious? I also found it in my garden in 2019/2020.

Very serious brother

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Aryan Kheterpal Has Higher IQ Than Albert Einstein With Perfect Test Score / Elephant Rampages Through South African Village, Killed & Eaten (Photos) / Robot Sophia: Meet The First Robot In History To Become A Citizen Of A Country

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.