Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,834 members, 7,828,044 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 10:38 PM

Substitue For A Wedding Ring? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Substitue For A Wedding Ring? (5879 Views)

Groom Proudly Shows Off His Ring (Lovely Wedding Photo) / This Lady Did All These To Her Man And Still Got A Ring! (photo) / Wedding Ring: Must It Be Worn All The Time? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Substitue For A Wedding Ring? by emofine(f): 9:32am On Oct 18, 2011
I perceive not every married couple wear a wedding ring as a symbol of their union whether due to personal choice or culture etc . . . I was thus wondering in the absence of a ring what other means is there to convey a matrimony?
Re: Substitue For A Wedding Ring? by Nobody: 9:46am On Oct 18, 2011
[size=14pt]Ring na piece of jewelry na! Na the fastest way to tell pesin say u don marry! No be everybodi go see u for road dey ask whether you don marry or not. na just to look your finger, and dem go know! in the absentia of the ringing, i no tink say another means dey, unless you write am for ya head! cool[/size]
Re: Substitue For A Wedding Ring? by emofine(f): 10:38am On Oct 18, 2011
My question is not: without a wedding band what other means does a married couple show others that they are married (that is not what I was curious about) . . . I meant what symbol do those without a ring employ as a seal of their union . . . for example I've heard of a couple that got a matching tatoo instead of rings oh and I read one time where a christian couple decided that a new set of bibles will pose as their wedding rings.

I'm not asking what other means one conveys their matrimony to outsiders just what other emblem other than a ring can also signify union-ship.
Re: Substitue For A Wedding Ring? by Nobody: 10:57am On Oct 18, 2011
[size=14pt]That's [b]Weird[/b]ington! I neva hear that wan sha! Which kain brain you get sef? You dey always scatter my medulla with [b]thought[/b]ology! [/size]
Re: Substitue For A Wedding Ring? by LordReed(m): 11:12am On Oct 18, 2011
For me if I didn't get a wedding band it would either be matching engraved bracelets or matching lockets with our pictures inside.
Re: Substitue For A Wedding Ring? by emofine(f): 11:33am On Oct 18, 2011
sexkillz:

[size=14pt]That's [b]Weird[/b]ington! I neva hear that wan sha! Which kain brain you get sef? You dey always scatter my medulla with [b]thought[/b]ology! [/size]

. . .and your grammar always pain my eyes sef tongue

my brain likes asking questions abeg leave am oh angry. . .but I don't think the question is that weird, I for one (if I was to be married) will choose not to wear a ring and I do believe it's quite a common occurrence at least depending on one's culture in often cases.

@ topic as for me I would most likely get a scar.
Re: Substitue For A Wedding Ring? by ebonyvibe(f): 11:48am On Oct 18, 2011
How about tatooing your partners name on your forehead
Re: Substitue For A Wedding Ring? by Nobody: 11:51am On Oct 18, 2011
my brain likes asking questions abeg leave am oh . . .but I don't think the question is that weird, I for one (if I was to be married) will choose not to wear a ring and I do believe it's quite a common occurrence at least depending on one's culture in often cases.

[size=14pt]Now it's better you say NO if i propose to marry you!. . . . Which kain thing be this? angry[/size]
Re: Substitue For A Wedding Ring? by emofine(f): 12:02pm On Oct 18, 2011
ebonyvibe:

How about tatooing your partners name on your forehead

na wa oh

sexkillz:

[size=14pt]Now it's better you say NO if i propose to marry you!. . . . Which kain thing be this? angry[/size]

So when a "money hungry" Naija girl no wan ring come allow your bank account breathe that one too na wahala? . . .chai I tire, nothin naija girl won't do wey bobo no fit to complain undecided
Re: Substitue For A Wedding Ring? by Nobody: 12:15pm On Oct 18, 2011
[size=14pt]^^So how much come be ring sef? undecided[/size]
Re: Substitue For A Wedding Ring? by emofine(f): 1:09pm On Oct 18, 2011
^^
You're asking me? pray tell how much be blackberry sef wey una tek complain say naija babe no wan giv una rest tongue

so sexkillz u no go ansa ma original question abi. . . you have visted this thread often and have not yet supplied an answer angry
Re: Substitue For A Wedding Ring? by pendo89(f): 1:16pm On Oct 18, 2011

The Akorinos>>The woman must wear a shash on top of her clothes to show that she is married

The masai>>The Bridal Necklace

The inkarewa is a ring of leather attached to a rectangular piece that hangs down from the front. Both the ring and the rectangle are completely covered with colorful beads, and beaded strings hang down from the chest.

Married women in some regions of Asia,wear golden nose rings. The bigger the size the more important one is. undecided

plus more depending on culture.
Re: Substitue For A Wedding Ring? by MMM2(m): 1:22pm On Oct 18, 2011
maybe condom in ur purse or wallet can cover 4 ring undecided
Re: Substitue For A Wedding Ring? by emofine(f): 1:23pm On Oct 18, 2011
pendo89:

Married women in some regions of Asia,wear golden nose rings. The bigger the size the more important one is. undecided

Wow that lady must be really really important shocked - it looks like a bangle. I do like the idea of having a ring on the nose instead of on the finger though.

However I love the bridal necklace belonging to the masai bride.
Re: Substitue For A Wedding Ring? by pendo89(f): 1:27pm On Oct 18, 2011
^ Yeah must be the chief's wife. But that's too much.
The masai necklace have meaning too. For each son that becomes a moran (from boy to man) the mother must add a necklace.
So the more sons you have the more necklaces you wear and it signifies your status in the society as well.just like the indian lady above.
The look beautiful though.
Re: Substitue For A Wedding Ring? by Nobody: 1:32pm On Oct 18, 2011
^^
You're asking me? pray tell how much be blackberry sef wey una tek complain say naija babe no wan giv una rest tongue

so sexkillz u no go ansa ma original question abi. . . you have visted this thread often and have not yet supplied an answer angry
[size=14pt]Shake my coconut head! So wetin come bring that nonsense phone enter better yarns now?

Ansa ur kweshion? I bin wan ansa propose you, until you tell me say you prefer tatoo on your forehead than ring! angry
[/size]
Re: Substitue For A Wedding Ring? by iice(f): 3:01pm On Oct 18, 2011
I dunno aura?  My aunt and uncle are like that.  No wedding bands or rather they don't wear it but if you see them, you'll know they are married.  There's this connection between them.  I like the tattoo one. 
Re: Substitue For A Wedding Ring? by emofine(f): 3:28pm On Oct 18, 2011
pendo89:

The masai necklace have meaning too. For each son that becomes a moran (from boy to man) the mother must add a necklace.
So the more sons you have the more necklaces you wear and it signifies your status in the society as well.just like the indian lady above.
The look beautiful though.

Oh that is really interesting. . . so instead of having a fixed symbol signifying a matrimony the emblem used to convey one's union among the Masai can be supplemented. . . and the wedding band is not only a recognition of a couples oneness but also the evidence of male sons . . . intriguing. . .a wedding band not only honouring the birth of a couple but the children thereafter (well at least the male children).
Re: Substitue For A Wedding Ring? by r231(m): 5:16pm On Oct 18, 2011
stick a red dot on your forehead like the indians grin grin
Re: Substitue For A Wedding Ring? by JeSoul(f): 5:18pm On Oct 18, 2011
My Indian co-workers don't wear wedding rings (and I've also noticed that the Asians here in general do not wear wedding rings)

I finally asked one of them about it. She said in their culture they don't wear rings, instead they were a chain around their neck and that is what identifies them as married. However the men do not wear any identifiers. "Unfair!" I said while laughing, she laughed and replied "yeah, that's the way it is". And also they don't take their husbands last name (I forget whose name they take now) but when they have kids, the kids get named after the FIL or something like that. Very confusing. lol.

I'm sure the modernized new generation of younger Indians will adopt the western culture of rings.
Re: Substitue For A Wedding Ring? by dustydee: 5:36pm On Oct 18, 2011
I do not think wearing a ring is absolutely necessary.
Re: Substitue For A Wedding Ring? by Blazing88(f): 6:30pm On Oct 18, 2011
shocked shocked
Re: Substitue For A Wedding Ring? by dayokanu(m): 6:34pm On Oct 18, 2011
Use rubber band or tie rope round your neck
Re: Substitue For A Wedding Ring? by Ola3tag(m): 7:58pm On Oct 18, 2011
Ill rather tatoo a ring with her name on it around my finger.that way i can be rest assured she will always be there forever,
Re: Substitue For A Wedding Ring? by Ola3tag(m): 8:06pm On Oct 18, 2011
Ill rather have a ring tattoed on my finger with her name on tha t ring.
That way ill be assured of being there forever,
Re: Substitue For A Wedding Ring? by lindabon: 8:17pm On Oct 18, 2011
pendo89:

plus more depending on culture.

if this is what it takes to be important, well i think i will pass . . . . . undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: Substitue For A Wedding Ring? by sheyguy: 9:03pm On Oct 18, 2011
A woman or man holding two kids who are crying and asking where is daddy or mummy, lol
Re: Substitue For A Wedding Ring? by gascoign1(m): 10:12pm On Oct 18, 2011
Make them dey carry sign board waka about, dat one ppl go know say she is married
Re: Substitue For A Wedding Ring? by ArQueBusieR(m): 11:59pm On Oct 18, 2011
Homosapiens. Always trying to complicate simple things. How about wrist watches that blink red when the couple are in close proximity.
Re: Substitue For A Wedding Ring? by koolJ1(f): 1:55am On Oct 19, 2011
Um. . .i think d 'heart connection' is d best reminder a couple ll have as regards their union. Husbands/wife cheats blatantly wit their rings on but wit d 'heart connection',respect for one's spouse becomes overpowering
Re: Substitue For A Wedding Ring? by oraclefemi(m): 2:12am On Oct 19, 2011
A fat check ,no girl will mind
Re: Substitue For A Wedding Ring? by moshoodn(m): 5:25am On Oct 19, 2011
Tie a rope round your legs and one round your neck. . . Red color pls.

(1) (2) (Reply)

How Do You React As A Guy If You Find Out That Your Babe Is Wearing A Fake Ass? / Help My Bf Is Pushing Me To Marry Other Suitors / My Fiancee Cant Wash Clothes, What Do I Do?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.