Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,067 members, 7,810,994 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 08:12 PM

My Work Is At Stake - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Work Is At Stake (1539 Views)

My Relationship Is At Stake / My Neighbor Wife Is At Stake. / My Life Is At Stake (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Work Is At Stake by Nobody: 12:32pm On Sep 16, 2023
After 7 years of being unemployed after nysc, I finally got a job, through my sister inlaw

I am under probation at my place of work, I will be working mostly on night shift (7pm to 7am), the problem is, I find it difficult to stay awake during nightshift, before you know I sleep off.

The reason for the probation , is to train me on how to work as an operator, in case of an emergency.

I am mostly good at general duty at a workplace (working between 8am to 5pm), Even during my school days as an undergraduate, I could not cope with night class, because I sleep off easily, so these made me to change my reading strategy (reading at afternoon instead of at night again)

Back to the issue,

Some contract staff, I believe, went to report me during night shift, I don't know who did, but I try as much as possible to relate with them, so they they can be free with me

Please Nairalanders how do I stay awake at night without falling asleep,

Recommend a drug, injection, anything that can help me

The probation will last for 7 months, I have only worked A month(1 month)

Edaku, please, there is no work in nigeria

My job is at stake

2 Likes

Re: My Work Is At Stake by stanliwise(m): 12:39pm On Sep 16, 2023
You’re still under employed o.
What kind of night shift job is this?
So you want to change your body clock because of one night shift job.

You can’t cheat nature, first thing first is to sleep enough during the day. Sleep till you’re very fit. And well rested. If not then forget about any trick. Drug would only do damage if you over use it

Third is to get a headset and while working try not to sit in serenity for too long and engage in any agile activity time to time during work hour e.g playing games, watching comedy skit, tiktok etc

3 Likes

Re: My Work Is At Stake by wittywriter: 12:45pm On Sep 16, 2023
Tugatee:
After 7 years of being unemployed after nysc, I finally got a job, through my sister inlaw

I am under probation at my place of work, I will be working mostly on night shift (7pm to 7am), the problem is, I find it difficult to stay awake during nightshift, before you know I sleep off.

The reason for the probation , is to train me on how to work as an operator, in case of an emergency.

I am mostly good at general duty at a workplace (working between 8am to 5pm), Even during my school days as an undergraduate, I could not cope with night class, because I sleep off easily, so these made me to change my reading strategy (reading at afternoon instead of at night again)

Back to the issue,

Some contract staff, I believe, went to report me during night shift, I don't know who did, but I try as much as possible to relate with them, so they they can be free with me

My job is at stake

Why are you not focused ? Sleeping simply suggests that you either don't like the job or you are lazy.
Moreso you are worried because you feel that the job is your only hope why that...or are you not a graduate?
Anyways ill suggest you sleep during the day and get focused! BTW are you working as a security in that coy?

Wittyness

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Work Is At Stake by talented321: 12:47pm On Sep 16, 2023
Use weed and beans mix with indomie cook chop.. U will come and thank me later...
Re: My Work Is At Stake by Lataability(m): 12:50pm On Sep 16, 2023
Nawa...
Re: My Work Is At Stake by Nobody: 12:51pm On Sep 16, 2023
Don't try to be friendly to your workmates. They aren't your friends.

Try your best to tackle the sleeping issue: it isn't going to be easy because night was designed by the creator for resting so it's going to take a lot of real discipline to train your brain not to try shut down at night.

For a start, I'll suggest a start taking a bit of Nescafé. I do take it, and it helps me tackle sleep whenever I want to read at night. (I take it by 9pm, and it keeps me awake till 3am) before I finally sucumb to sleep so as to help me prepare for the next day's lectures.

I also hear bitter kola also helps; I've seen night drivers taking a tank load of bitter kola when driving at night.
Re: My Work Is At Stake by opera1(m): 12:55pm On Sep 16, 2023
Don't eat late or over eat in the evening, take Predator drink in the evening and you can be playing games at night jux to keep yourself busy
Re: My Work Is At Stake by Cutehector(m): 1:07pm On Sep 16, 2023
Sleep during the day
Re: My Work Is At Stake by Nazgul: 1:09pm On Sep 16, 2023
Try and get enough sleep during the day. Preferably from 1-5pm. If you can achieve this, there's no way you'll sleep at night.
Re: My Work Is At Stake by talented321: 1:18pm On Sep 16, 2023
Op apply this one.. Another problem is cases like that u can't even sleep to expectation during the day..
Cutehector:
Sleep during the day

1 Like

Re: My Work Is At Stake by Nobody: 1:44pm On Sep 16, 2023
Mods

farano

Rocktation

dominique

Please u guys should take to the promise land

I need more views or suggestions from nairalanders

My current job depends on it
Re: My Work Is At Stake by correctyourself(m): 2:18pm On Sep 16, 2023
Tugatee:

Back to the issue,

My job is at stake

Chew kolanut while on duty, it would help.

Or you can take coffee.
Re: My Work Is At Stake by Obierika(m): 2:26pm On Sep 16, 2023
Tugatee:

Back to the issue,

My job is at stake

What you should do is to spend the daytime sleeping and getting rest that way you will be able to stay awake at night
Re: My Work Is At Stake by hakeemhakeem(m): 4:26pm On Sep 16, 2023
stanliwise:
You’re still under employed o.
What kind of night shift job is this?
So you want to change your body clock because of one night shift job.

You can’t cheat nature, first thing first is to sleep enough during the day. Sleep till you’re very fit. And well rested. If not then forget about any trick. Drug would only do damage if you over use it

Third is to get a headset and while working try not to sit in serenity for too long and engage in any agile activity time to time during work hour e.g playing games, watching comedy skit, tiktok etc

Headset ke when sleep come calling you will sleep inside O2 arena while asake is playing
Re: My Work Is At Stake by stacyadams: 6:00pm On Sep 16, 2023
Tugatee:

Back to the issue,

My job is at stake

Buy pack of cigar and lighter...if sleep come,u Waka go outside go smoke..shikena
Re: My Work Is At Stake by ibechris(m): 6:03pm On Sep 16, 2023
This is what u get when people offer u job without your personal effort.

After many years without job u still haven't learn anything in life.

I really don't think u have a problem money can solve.

Keep sleeping man,only time will tell if u will be able to survive this current govt without a job.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Work Is At Stake by spencekat(m): 6:09pm On Sep 16, 2023
hakeemhakeem:

Headset ke when sleep come calling you will sleep inside O2 arena while asake is playing
Not for light sleepers o
Re: My Work Is At Stake by Yorkedwight: 6:16pm On Sep 16, 2023
I worked night shift for few years bro. they ain’t no remedy to your problem other than to have a long hour of sleep during the day. Ensure you eat enough fruits and drink much water with blood tonic. With time, your body will get used to it but that work will surely have a long term effect on your medical and mental health. Those kind of work ain’t what you do fr long. Nothing beats day job cos nights are designed mainly fr sleep. You fit dey use that one dey hold body while you look for a better one.
Ever since I left, i noticed some improvement in my physical and mental health even though my sleeping pattern has been altered I.e I now find it difficult to sleep early.

Don’t mind those people telling you to use drugs or any type of energy drinks. You won’t like the side effects.
Re: My Work Is At Stake by DyingFetus: 6:28pm On Sep 16, 2023
Do meth
Re: My Work Is At Stake by Gentlesoul2021(m): 6:36pm On Sep 16, 2023
Miracood2:
Don't try to be friendly to your workmates. They aren't your friends.

Try your best to tackle the sleeping issue: it isn't going to be easy because night was designed by the creator for resting so it's going to take a lot of real discipline to train your brain not to try shut down at night.

For a start, I'll suggest a start taking a bit of Nescafé. I do take it, and it helps me tackle sleep whenever I want to read at night. (I take it by 9pm, and it keeps me awake till 3am) before I finally sucumb to sleep so as to help me prepare for the next day's lectures.

I also hear bitter kola also helps; I've seen night drivers taking a tank load of bitter kola when driving at night.

Fearless or any energy drinks too

1 Like

Re: My Work Is At Stake by Ontus: 6:55pm On Sep 16, 2023
wittywriter:

Why are you not focused ? Sleeping simply suggests that you either don't like the job or you are lazy.
Moreso you are worried because you feel that the job is your only hope why that...or are you not a graduate?
Anyways ill suggest you sleep during the day and get focused! BTW are you working as a security in that coy?

Wittyness

Bro remove laziness ooo..

It's just how is body was wired by God.

I myself, I can stay awake for two days straight yeahh thats my thing.

When i was working in a china company some where in Abia state, I was the lead operator my colleagues under my leadership do take turn to sleep during the night shifts but not me as i have to stay awake an monitor the whole process to make sure things don't go south.
Sometimes operators sleep off , i be the one to wake them up and say focus my man it's ....

1 Like

Re: My Work Is At Stake by JONSYN7154: 7:57pm On Sep 16, 2023
Tugatee:

Back to the issue,

My job is at stake
you'll adapt to the night shift.
Re: My Work Is At Stake by LandMann: 9:40pm On Sep 16, 2023
Tugatee:
Mods

farano

Rocktation

dominique

Please u guys should take to the promise land

I need more views or suggestions from nairalanders

My current job depends on it

I pray you lose that job if you turn out to be oppressive and tribalistic after passing probation by following the tips I share below.

1. Sleep from 4pm till 40 minutes before your resumption time... Don't oversleep and get into another problem of arriving late to work.

2. Make sure to walk a short distance of at least 10 minutes to work to kick your metabolism into action

3. Hold Nescafé as backup and take it around 9:30-10pm with warm water if you feel slow or fuzzy.

4. Take short walks around your duty post, at least 2 minutes walk around every one hour

5. Go to work with a mindset to learn something new about your job... Write what you want to learn for the day down. Once you have settled in for the day, start learning what you planned to learn. Set the learning time to around 12-1am...

6. There's usually a one hour break for 12 hour shifts. Make use of it to rest if you're tired. Also assign someone to stand in for you while you take your rest and also state it out that you're taking your one hour rest. Don't do this everyday.

7. Be nice and helpful to those working with you so that they won't go snitching on you. I'm not saying you should go and be shining your teeth for everyone so that disrespect will set in.

Wish you all the best but don't forget my first statement

1 Like

Re: My Work Is At Stake by emmancipated(m): 11:16pm On Sep 16, 2023
Not sleeping for several nights is actually very bad for your health. Night sleep will always be better than intermittent sleep during the day. However, one of the tricks you can use is to schedule your sleep time, just before you resume. If you are sleeping for 3 hours, let it be 3 hours before your night shift. That's the trick that personally works for me.
Re: My Work Is At Stake by brain54(m): 11:25pm On Sep 16, 2023
Pls what kind of job exactly…

You mentioned operator… is it machine operator?

But operators are mostly busy working machines I don’t think they have time to sleep.

If you are not busy you will definitely sleep.

Key word- busy!
Re: My Work Is At Stake by xperiencelove(m): 5:14am On Sep 17, 2023
Tugatee:

My job is at stake

Sorry to ask you these:
How can someone stay 7 years unemployed after NYSC? What profitable skills have you acquired within that period?
Re: My Work Is At Stake by Nobody: 8:51am On Sep 17, 2023
xperiencelove:

Sorry to ask you these:
How can someone stay 7 years unemployed after NYSC? What profitable skills have you acquired within that period?
I was doing business,
Re: My Work Is At Stake by extremelygolden: 10:38am On Sep 17, 2023
My brother, your matter is a simple one. In this present day Nigeria, you don't even need pills, drugs, injections, bitter cola or nescafe to stay awake at night. All you need to do is get an 80 Leave Notebook, and one after another write down every thing you know that have gone wrong in Nigeria. Write down every item it's price has skyrocketed. Write down every single increment in school fees, house rent, etc, whether you're paying rent or not. Just keep on writing, ok? I know the long note might not be enough, but let's just limit it to that. Write down how much it costs now to cook a pot of food.

After you've done writing, each night take out one problem, sit down at a corner and begin to think about it. Keep on thinking about it, and before you know it, it'll be past 7am then you go home and sleep. The next day, you pick the next problem on the list and repeat same.
You'll see that your body system will begin to adjust to the hours you usually dedicate to think about the condition of Nigeria. And you won't feel sleepy during those hours again. And by the time you know it, your probation period would have long past while you're still not done thinking about those issues of Nigeria. And nobody will accuse you of sleeping on duty, and your job will no longer be at stake. Even those "evil colleagues reporters" will be wondering what miracle happened, you know.

All in all, it's really not hard to overcome such simple thing as sleeping on duty in this present economy because thinking about the increment in fuel, school fees and gas, lasan, can take you up to a year, not to mention other problems.

What I am trying to say here is that, you solely have yourself to blame if you ignore this useful advice and allow anything happen to your job because, despite everything, you still have the mind to sleep soundly at night! cool even with all the daily hardship in most families in Nigeria!

I wish you well, bro. And don't ignore this useful advice. Please don't.
Re: My Work Is At Stake by xperiencelove(m): 11:41am On Sep 17, 2023
Tugatee:
I was doing business,
Good one.
Re: My Work Is At Stake by Nobody: 8:54pm On Sep 19, 2023
LandMann:
[size=8pt][/size]

I pray you lose that job if you turn out to be oppressive and tribalistic after passing probation by following the tips I share below.

1. Sleep from 4pm till 40 minutes before your resumption time... Don't oversleep and get into another problem of arriving late to work.

not necessary

Thanks

(1) (Reply)

Micheal Jackson on his way to Nigeria for the greatest black human show ever? / Long Distance Relationships / Contact Details For The French School In Togo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.