Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,489 members, 7,812,523 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:41 PM

Marrying Yoruba Woman Gave Me Political Advantage — Idimogu - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Marrying Yoruba Woman Gave Me Political Advantage — Idimogu (30030 Views)

Jude Idimogu: Igbo Member Of Lagos State House Of Assembly / Igbos In Lagos APC Replace Igbokwe With Idimogu For 2023 / Maghalu: If Buhari Offers Me Political Appointment I'll reflect on it (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Marrying Yoruba Woman Gave Me Political Advantage — Idimogu by Tflex01: 8:16pm On Sep 16, 2023
PaulNwosu:

Yoruba women don't marry idiots.

Legendary! grin
Re: Marrying Yoruba Woman Gave Me Political Advantage — Idimogu by fineberry(m): 8:19pm On Sep 16, 2023
Me i will marry outside Nigeria so that my own help will be international grin grin
Re: Marrying Yoruba Woman Gave Me Political Advantage — Idimogu by Kemadealadire(f): 8:22pm On Sep 16, 2023
fx45:
I have a Yoruba friend. He later told me the first day he passed the night in my house he couldn't sleep. He thought I was coming to his room to kill him(In Lagos ooo.. not even in Igboland). He said they were told Igbos kill people and eat. Now imagine what your people are teaching their children in the 21st century. Thank God it doesn't cut across. There are also several exposed and liberal Yorubas without such parochial dispositions.

Back to those 'traditions' you're talking about, I repeat again, they only exist in Nollywood. By the way one of my siblings is married to a Yoruba woman. You need to update some of those your opinions though.
So, I know an Igbo couple, both of them are Igbo, I can't remember now if they are from the same state, this isn't even a case of inter-tribe oh, they lived in Lagos until the man retired. He and his wife relocated back to the east, then he died shortly, hmmn, don't let me say what the woman was made to pass through. Now, the daughter who is Igbo married to a Yoruba person was the one narrating this and lamenting.

Like I always say we can have isolated cases but when there are a lot of similar cases and you can spot a trend, haba.

You should probably create a thread on this but the issue is people won't be truthful and will turn it into a my tribe is better than yours, not the facts we want to hear and establish.

2 Likes

Re: Marrying Yoruba Woman Gave Me Political Advantage — Idimogu by Prettychild(f): 8:24pm On Sep 16, 2023
Donaldoni:
Abi o

Igbos can die for Yoruba women
Na lie O! It’s vice versa. I have seen it first hand
Re: Marrying Yoruba Woman Gave Me Political Advantage — Idimogu by Rubyjade: 8:27pm On Sep 16, 2023
Acekidc4:
I know this man Personally. I have met him Severally at his residence at Oke Afa. His Son is my Friend!!
Yimu
Re: Marrying Yoruba Woman Gave Me Political Advantage — Idimogu by hammerFC: 8:29pm On Sep 16, 2023
CAN MARRYING A YORUBA WOMAN MAKE YOU LAGOS STATE GOVERNOR?

IF NOT, U ARE STILL OMO IGBO AND PLEASE, DO NOT MISLEAD YOUNG IMPRESSIONABLE IGBO MEN WITH SUCH POOR REASONING.

THEY CALLED THEIR BROTHER OMO ALE, FOR THE SIMPLE FACT THAT HIS MOTHER IS IGBO, HOW MUCH MORE YOU, A FULL BLOODIED IGBO MAN.

1 Like

Re: Marrying Yoruba Woman Gave Me Political Advantage — Idimogu by Benwallt(m): 8:29pm On Sep 16, 2023
Re: Marrying Yoruba Woman Gave Me Political Advantage — Idimogu by fx45(m): 8:29pm On Sep 16, 2023
Kemadealadire:

So, I know an Igbo couple, both of them are Igbo, I can't remember now if they are from the same state, this isn't even a case of inter-tribe oh, they lived in Lagos until the man retired. He and his wife relocated back to the east, then he died shortly, hmmn, don't let me say what the woman was made to pass through. Now, the daughter who is Igbo married to a Yoruba person was the one narrating this and lamenting.

Like I always say we can have isolated cases but when there are a lot of similar cases and you can spot a trend, haba.

You should probably create a thread on this but the issue is people won't be truthful and will turn it into a my tribe is better than yours, not the facts we want to hear and establish.
Not ruling out the fact that stuff like that might happen but I haven't seen it yet... And I'm old enough to be your father.
Re: Marrying Yoruba Woman Gave Me Political Advantage — Idimogu by Benwallt(m): 8:32pm On Sep 16, 2023
Ajehkpako4naija:
I was told by someone in Ekiti not to marry a Yoruba woman, because their promiscousity is topnotch. They don't forbid adultery. Secondly thier brothers are skull miners

Thunder fire you there for denigrating my state
Re: Marrying Yoruba Woman Gave Me Political Advantage — Idimogu by Kemadealadire(f): 8:32pm On Sep 16, 2023
fx45:
Not ruling out the fact that stuff like that might happen but I haven't seen it yet... And I'm old enough to be your father.
If you aren't in your 70s sir, then what can I say😁
Re: Marrying Yoruba Woman Gave Me Political Advantage — Idimogu by Ajehkpako4naija(m): 8:39pm On Sep 16, 2023
Benwallt:

Thunder fire you there for denigrating my state
Thunder fire your fatherrrr, your state governor and your druggie president
Re: Marrying Yoruba Woman Gave Me Political Advantage — Idimogu by pacesetting: 8:41pm On Sep 16, 2023
You still don't understand what you are saying, it's a pity. I ask again, is that where life ends? Okay, let me rephrase, is he taking that post to the grave? Got it now?
PaulNwosu:

Has anyone from your lineage achieved that?

The idiots who were insulting him, which of them has ever gotten such an appointment?
Re: Marrying Yoruba Woman Gave Me Political Advantage — Idimogu by fx45(m): 8:41pm On Sep 16, 2023
Kemadealadire:

If you aren't in your 70s sir, then what can I say😁
I took a peek at your profile... Be calming down
Re: Marrying Yoruba Woman Gave Me Political Advantage — Idimogu by okunwaye(m): 8:43pm On Sep 16, 2023
My man has been putting up with extreme dirtiness and foul smelling pussy for decades embarassed embarassed
Re: Marrying Yoruba Woman Gave Me Political Advantage — Idimogu by fred04(m): 8:44pm On Sep 16, 2023
As licking statement, he is where he is now not because of competence but because of nepotism.
Tribalism is only practised in lagos (Yorubas, especially the poor ones).
They are forcing other tribes to adopt Tribalism.

1 Like

Re: Marrying Yoruba Woman Gave Me Political Advantage — Idimogu by Timothy89(m): 8:51pm On Sep 16, 2023
you married a lady that identify with your dreams and vision not because she's Yoruba

my woman is igbo and I found peace with her, I could have with Yoruba ladies too but what else do I need when she gave me the peace I crave for in 10yrs dating before marriage
Re: Marrying Yoruba Woman Gave Me Political Advantage — Idimogu by XAUBulls: 8:53pm On Sep 16, 2023
Tflex01:
Normal. As it should be.

Remi Tinubu, a Delta woman will be forever grateful to God for marrying a Yoruba man.
You are wrong here.

Senator Oluremi Tinubu is
paternally an Ijebu woman from Ogun State (not the Ijebu-speaking parts of Lagos East in Lagos State) and maternally an Itsekiri from Delta State.

Itsekiris also have strong Yoruba ancestral roots from Ijebu, Ilaje, and Ife sub-ethnic groups. The other component of Itsekiri migrated from Bini-Edo to Ode Itsekiri (a community originally founded by Ijebus led by Chief Lenuwa) via Prince Ginuwa (whose mother was also from Ile Ife), the exiled son of the then Oba of Benin in the 1480s.

Reno Omokri's mother is also an Itsekiri woman who is descended directly from the Itsekiri Royal
family lineage, but Reno's father is an Urhobo, an Edoid sub-ethnic group in Delta State.

Hope this helps.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Marrying Yoruba Woman Gave Me Political Advantage — Idimogu by Sofistcatdmoron: 9:16pm On Sep 16, 2023
Donaldoni:
Abi o

Reverse is the case in real life
Re: Marrying Yoruba Woman Gave Me Political Advantage — Idimogu by Alliswell248: 9:17pm On Sep 16, 2023
Bulldozer90:
He was not appointed because of character or personal qualities but because of tribal marital connections. Tribalism is worst in Yorubaland.

He said....they are extremely accommodating and friendly.

We are omoluabi....

1 Like

Re: Marrying Yoruba Woman Gave Me Political Advantage — Idimogu by Bulldozer90: 9:20pm On Sep 16, 2023
Alliswell248:

He said....they are extremely accommodating and friendly.

We are omoluabi....
The fact that marriage to Yoruba "helped" him is enough point for the discerning mind.
Re: Marrying Yoruba Woman Gave Me Political Advantage — Idimogu by Vitally123: 9:21pm On Sep 16, 2023
Aturu muru ebula gbaka nwa...Iworiwo!
Re: Marrying Yoruba Woman Gave Me Political Advantage — Idimogu by obyno82: 9:23pm On Sep 16, 2023
PortHarcourtcit:
This is the kind of unity we want in Nigeria and not pityobi people and Ipob miscreants Walhalla always calling my sweet country a shiiithollle... I love Nigeria 🇳🇬❤️🇳🇬

Try and be sensible for once in your miserable life
Re: Marrying Yoruba Woman Gave Me Political Advantage — Idimogu by obyno82: 9:24pm On Sep 16, 2023
Tflex01:

Lol their anger is from the place of envy and jealousy.

Ignore them. cool

You don't have sense
Re: Marrying Yoruba Woman Gave Me Political Advantage — Idimogu by Smooyis(m): 9:27pm On Sep 16, 2023
Future Nigeria president in the making
Re: Marrying Yoruba Woman Gave Me Political Advantage — Idimogu by EmekaA125(m): 9:34pm On Sep 16, 2023
GUNITGuy:
When would all my rich uncles married to Ibo women get appointment in Ananbra or Imo state .....
Nothing for them. Let them seek appointments from Tinubu. Oloshi, okponu jati jati.
Re: Marrying Yoruba Woman Gave Me Political Advantage — Idimogu by Igboslayer: 9:35pm On Sep 16, 2023
Bulldozer90:
He was not appointed because of character or personal qualities but because of tribal marital connections. Tribalism is worst in Yorubaland.
You are too carnal.
Re: Marrying Yoruba Woman Gave Me Political Advantage — Idimogu by CaptMarvel(m): 9:44pm On Sep 16, 2023
This one na Man wey Sabi 😁😁💯

Contact me for your email extractor and bulk mailer.
Re: Marrying Yoruba Woman Gave Me Political Advantage — Idimogu by EmekaA125(m): 9:56pm On Sep 16, 2023
Airlord2030:
rubbish

If you like marry alakija, nothing for igbo people in lagos again tongue
Cry blood.
Re: Marrying Yoruba Woman Gave Me Political Advantage — Idimogu by Sanitizedem: 10:18pm On Sep 16, 2023
ThiefnubuBandit:
Yeribanza women are bad tempered and very promiscuous.

Is that what attracted some of your Igbo leaders like Emeka Anyaoku, Ben Nwabueze, the immediate past foreign affairs minister etc to have them as wives?

You are just a non enti.ty.
Re: Marrying Yoruba Woman Gave Me Political Advantage — Idimogu by MyAmericandream(f): 10:32pm On Sep 16, 2023
Donaldoni:
Abi o

Mbanu. It should be any Igbo man that marries a Yoruba woman is the real definition of true love. This man looked beyond tribe and married this woman. It is love bro. Some igbo men prefer women from their tribe, if they can not find an igbo wife they opt for south south women.
Re: Marrying Yoruba Woman Gave Me Political Advantage — Idimogu by GUNITGuy: 11:03pm On Sep 16, 2023
EmekaA125:

Nothing for them. Let them seek appointments from Tinubu. Oloshi, okponu jati jati.
You lol 🤣🤣😂😂😂,,,you don vex,,,They deserve appointment in Anambra and Imo state each of them...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

US Warns Of Terror Attack In Lagos / Buhari’s Aircraft Barred From Landing At Makurdi Airport / Tanzanians Are Very Excited Because Jonathan Is Arriving Their Country.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.