Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,146 members, 7,829,098 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 07:08 PM

How Japa Changed My Life Within 3 Years: A Story Shared From Place Of Grace - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How Japa Changed My Life Within 3 Years: A Story Shared From Place Of Grace (5293 Views)

How My Friend Wasted His ₦1.2M Life Savings Within 3 Months In Port Harcourt / How A Prostitute, Club Girl Changed My Life / Akasi Andoh Wedding: "I’m 35 Years, A Single Mum, Fat With Stretch Marks" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Japa Changed My Life Within 3 Years: A Story Shared From Place Of Grace by tonicyril: 7:11am On Sep 18, 2023
Habanero05:
I left Nigeria to Canada late 2020. Five days ago, I pre-ordered my first iPhone which is a 15 pro max and it’s meant to arrive in the next weeks. Although, I’ll be paying for the phone installment-ally as paying fully will kind of shrink my savings a little bit, but As someone that has never used an iPhone while in Nigeria becuse I can’t afford it, this is an achievement and more to come.

How much is it...around 3.5m. And u said it will shrink ur savings if u pay once??

May God continue to bless u bro but u need to hustle more..

3.5m naira is around 6k Canadian dollars...

But what u sant to use that fon for is what I don't know when u can invest ur hard earned money here in Nigeria and be smiling over there....shey phone lokan ni??

1 Like

Re: How Japa Changed My Life Within 3 Years: A Story Shared From Place Of Grace by Glock22: 8:41am On Sep 18, 2023
Galaxydon1:
Mtchew, iphone is an achievement, ur mates are investing and building mansion back home, you are here celebrating an iphone after 3 years of your stay in oversea, God forbid, i reject such an achievement.

Building a mansion back in nigeria is no longer a smart idea. It is now a stupid idea.

The cost of a mansion can be used to buy a second property in canada. And the property can be rented out for up to $2500 monthly.

Over half of the people that i know who built in nigeria now regret it, including a colleague that owns an entire estate in benin.

1 Like

Re: How Japa Changed My Life Within 3 Years: A Story Shared From Place Of Grace by Glock22: 8:42am On Sep 18, 2023
tonicyril:

How much is it...around 3.5m. And u said it will shrink ur savings if u pay once??

May God continue to bless u bro but u need to hustle more..

3.5m naira is around 6k Canadian dollars...

But what u sant to use that fon for is what I don't know when u can invest ur hard earned money here in Nigeria and be smiling over there....shey phone lokan ni??

It's somewhere around 1.4 m

2 Likes

Re: How Japa Changed My Life Within 3 Years: A Story Shared From Place Of Grace by SenecaTheYonger: 8:44am On Sep 18, 2023
Habanero05:

If I check, you’re in Nigeria and none of you iver there can afford to buy an iPhone. But thanks anyway

Is this a joke?
Re: How Japa Changed My Life Within 3 Years: A Story Shared From Place Of Grace by joinnow: 8:50am On Sep 18, 2023
WeirdAlien:
Congratulations!
You made the right choice to Japa.

But it doesn't mean all people back home are suffering financially, despite the odds.

The difference is, it's a lot easier to live comfortably abroad, even if you don't hammer over there. But no one is comfortable in Nigeria no matter how rich you are, there are many unwarranted headaches to deal with.
True
Only in Nigeria you don't need alarm clock to sleep. Only your problem will wake you up in the night

3 Likes

Re: How Japa Changed My Life Within 3 Years: A Story Shared From Place Of Grace by Rexie96: 9:06am On Sep 18, 2023
Habanero05:
I left Nigeria to Canada late 2020. Five days ago, I pre-ordered my first iPhone which is a 15 pro max and it’s meant to arrive in the next weeks. Although, I’ll be paying for the phone installment-ally as paying fully will kind of shrink my savings a little bit, but As someone that has never used an iPhone while in Nigeria becuse I can’t afford it, this is an achievement and more to come.

Im not hating but is this a joke? You must be 21 years old who has no real life commitment. Iphone is a liabillity. No hating

3 Likes

Re: How Japa Changed My Life Within 3 Years: A Story Shared From Place Of Grace by tonicyril: 9:46am On Sep 18, 2023
Glock22:

It's somewhere around 1.4 m

Aahh, ordinary 1.4m??
If I were the op I wouldn't think of buying any phone more than 150k for now...no I won't

Anything that make me buy a phone of 1.5m, I am sure I am having nothing less than 50m in my account

I can't use more than 3% my savings to buy gadgets
Re: How Japa Changed My Life Within 3 Years: A Story Shared From Place Of Grace by Gentlesoul2021(m): 10:04am On Sep 18, 2023
Habanero05:

Congrats bro more wins

1 Like

Re: How Japa Changed My Life Within 3 Years: A Story Shared From Place Of Grace by koladata(m): 10:10am On Sep 18, 2023
sense is far from this person.
Habanero05:

At lest I’m in Canada. The number of white people I’ve touched and hugged, u on the other hand can only dream of it. Because you live in Nigeria where u can barely afford to eat. I know you’re also dying to come here and you’ll kill to be here. Keep deceiving urself

4 Likes

Re: How Japa Changed My Life Within 3 Years: A Story Shared From Place Of Grace by 1Sharon(f): 10:15am On Sep 18, 2023
IPhone seriously?

What a letdown.

2 Likes

Re: How Japa Changed My Life Within 3 Years: A Story Shared From Place Of Grace by JohnnA1: 10:30am On Sep 18, 2023
Galaxydon1:
i live in my house, i have plots of land, that's an achievement, you must be from Yoruba, my Igbo brothers cannot see iphone 15 as an achievement after many years in oversea
NO! The guy is from the EAST, he is IGBO.
You people are traders, but poor entrepreneurs and investors.

QED
Re: How Japa Changed My Life Within 3 Years: A Story Shared From Place Of Grace by linearity: 10:41am On Sep 18, 2023
SIMPonPatrol:

Anyone you see carrying an iPhone in Nigeria paid for it 100% in cash, we don't borrow to buy ordinary phones here grin

They paid for it cash with their own money or someone else money is stolen money?

Secondly, you guys clearly don’t know how economy works! Your cash is a worthless piece of paper backed with nothing, not even by an ounce of gold.

Your ability to get something on credit in the western world is backed by a good credit report, a good name, a good and dependable job, etc!

Plus, it is waste of money to pay cash for what you can get a credit especially when it is zero financed because it is far cheaper.

This is why the U S A despite’s having a very H U G E debt profile, it is one of the W E A L T H I E S T country on earth!
Re: How Japa Changed My Life Within 3 Years: A Story Shared From Place Of Grace by Glock22: 10:44am On Sep 18, 2023
tonicyril:

Aahh, ordinary 1.4m??
If I were the op I wouldn't think of buying any phone more than 150k for now...no I won't

Anything that make me buy a phone of 1.5m, I am sure I am having nothing less than 50m in my account

I can't use more than 3% my savings to buy gadgets

If he can afford it, why not?
He's probably just scared.

I got the 13 pro max when it just came out to treat myself. If i didnt buy it, i would have ended up sending the money to someone in nigeria due to the steady billing.
Re: How Japa Changed My Life Within 3 Years: A Story Shared From Place Of Grace by Glock22: 10:50am On Sep 18, 2023
SIMPonPatrol:

Anyone you see carrying an iPhone in Nigeria paid for it 100% in cash, we don't borrow to buy ordinary phones here grin

When iphone 14 came out, some nigerians wanted me to buy for them. They would send me between 500-700k expecting me to use my money to complete it.
Some of them couldn't even pay cash, they wanted it as a gift.
What about the ladies who sleep around and get STDs just because of iphone?

Life is not always about paying cash. Sometimes you can leverage on an investment with your cash while you make profit, and fund your luxury through that profit.

Example, I got a 2023 highlander in february which i pay $310 per month for. However, from the $60k i could have used to pay for cash, I used it as proof to bring two family members over, and then put it in an investment that gives me between 550 - 800 monthly.

Technically, i could have paid for the car and moved on, but by financing the car, and investing the money, the business is paying for the car, and will continue to make profit after the car is fully paid off. Also, I now have two family members out of nigeria.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Japa Changed My Life Within 3 Years: A Story Shared From Place Of Grace by Baronthecelebri: 11:05am On Sep 18, 2023
Get sense
Galaxydon1:
Mtchew, iphone is an achievement, ur mates are investing and building mansion back home, you are here celebrating an iphone after 3 years of your stay in oversea, God forbid, i reject such an achievement.
Re: How Japa Changed My Life Within 3 Years: A Story Shared From Place Of Grace by tonicyril: 11:10am On Sep 18, 2023
Glock22:

If he can afford it, why not?
He's probably just scared.

I got the 13 pro max when it just came out to treat myself. If i didnt buy it, i would have ended up sending the money to someone in nigeria due to the steady billing.
He said if he pay for it at once it would affect his savings....that sentence speaks volume bro...

Someone who is average loaded won't say something of 1.4m would affect his savings.
Re: How Japa Changed My Life Within 3 Years: A Story Shared From Place Of Grace by Glock22: 11:16am On Sep 18, 2023
tonicyril:

He said if he pay for it at once it would affect his savings....that sentence speaks volume bro...

Someone who is average loaded won't say something of 1.4m would affect his savings.

"affecting" is "relative"

we're talking almost $2k, and that doesnt mean that's all he's got.

According to NDIC, only 2% of the 70 million bank account holders have more than N500,000 in their accounts. This translates to only 1.4m people which is less than 1% of the population meaning even some of the people in the top 1% can't save. They live from hand to mouth.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2021/10/just-in-99-4-of-bank-accounts-contain-less-than-n500000-ndic/

I guess even with his small money, he's better than 99% of nigerians innit?
Re: How Japa Changed My Life Within 3 Years: A Story Shared From Place Of Grace by creativehubb: 11:26am On Sep 18, 2023
grin
Re: How Japa Changed My Life Within 3 Years: A Story Shared From Place Of Grace by creativehubb: 11:27am On Sep 18, 2023
Glock22:

When iphone 14 came out, some nigerians wanted me to buy for them. They would send me between 500-700k expecting me to use my money to complete it.
Some of them couldn't even pay cash, they wanted it as a gift.
What about the ladies who sleep around and get STDs just because of iphone?

Life is not always about paying cash. Sometimes you can leverage on an investment with your cash while you make profit, and fund your luxury through that profit.

Example, I got a 2023 highlander in february which i pay $310 per month for. However, from the $60k i could have used to pay for cash, I used it as proof to bring two family members over, and then put it in an investment that gives me between 550 - 800 monthly.

Technically, i could have paid for the car and moved on, but by financing the car, and investing the money, the business is paying for the car, and will continue to make profit after the car is fully paid off. Also, I now have two family members out of nigeria.
How many Nigerians do you know, or how many Nigerians use iphone...how many did you buy for grin

Here we pay 100% cash, we don't live on credit.
Re: How Japa Changed My Life Within 3 Years: A Story Shared From Place Of Grace by Allisgud: 11:36am On Sep 18, 2023
Habanero05:

At lest I’m in Canada. The number of white people I’ve touched and hugged, u on the other hand can only dream of it. Because you live in Nigeria where u can barely afford to eat. I know you’re also dying to come here and you’ll kill to be here. Keep deceiving urself
for ur low esteem mindset u don hug angel grin shocked wat an achievement,oyinbo that I employed as a chef here in Nigeria
Re: How Japa Changed My Life Within 3 Years: A Story Shared From Place Of Grace by Allisgud: 11:39am On Sep 18, 2023
Habanero05:

No one’s rich in Nigeria. Stop deceiving yourself. Most of the celebrities in Nigeria will kill to get a student visa in America to earn better money. U can make more money washing yansh in America in one year than Davido makes from music in his lifetime . Nigeria is a poor country. No one has ever make it in that country without goin to white mans land
and the money will go back to paying bills
Re: How Japa Changed My Life Within 3 Years: A Story Shared From Place Of Grace by Glock22: 11:48am On Sep 18, 2023
creativehubb:

How many Nigerians do you know, or how many Nigerians use iphone...how many did you buy for grin

Here we pay 100% cash, we don't live on credit.

I did not buy for them because i wont let anyone bill me.
Re: How Japa Changed My Life Within 3 Years: A Story Shared From Place Of Grace by Allisgud: 11:49am On Sep 18, 2023
Habanero05:
u still carry ur eazybuy attitude go Canada,am not saying its bad,it's not an achievement to post after 3 years u mention
Re: How Japa Changed My Life Within 3 Years: A Story Shared From Place Of Grace by Allisgud: 11:51am On Sep 18, 2023
Habanero05:
u still carry ur eazybuy attitude go Canada,am not saying its bad,it's not an achievement to post after 3 undecidedyears u mention
Re: How Japa Changed My Life Within 3 Years: A Story Shared From Place Of Grace by Nobody: 2:19pm On Sep 24, 2023
Habanero05:

At lest it brings money but your poverty ridened self can’t understand cuz you live in a 3rd world country like Nigeria. Poverty !!
just look at this fool, now you feel you are better than your fellow Nigeria living in Nigeria.

Because you live among the whites, you feel you are better.

You are a fool, when racism starts, and you begin to be treated like a monkey. You will start crying out for help, from your people. Mumu!!!

1 Like

Re: How Japa Changed My Life Within 3 Years: A Story Shared From Place Of Grace by Nobody: 3:24pm On Sep 24, 2023
Lol
Re: How Japa Changed My Life Within 3 Years: A Story Shared From Place Of Grace by Lance008(m): 4:28pm On Sep 24, 2023
Galaxydon1:
Na smal smal be life the mansion and the investment Dey road Dey come
Re: How Japa Changed My Life Within 3 Years: A Story Shared From Place Of Grace by Pauliaette(m): 4:45pm On Sep 24, 2023
Habanero05:

I don't blame u naha, to have iPhone is an achievement? In fact lemme gettrad of here
Re: How Japa Changed My Life Within 3 Years: A Story Shared From Place Of Grace by thrillionaire(m): 4:50pm On Sep 24, 2023
triangulation:

You are a fool for wearing it a tribal garment.
wow! "Tribal garment" indeed. Love how you put it.

1 Like

Re: How Japa Changed My Life Within 3 Years: A Story Shared From Place Of Grace by thrillionaire(m): 4:50pm On Sep 24, 2023
Slynation:
What fuckerry...!! angry this is exactly where I confirmed you are suffering from low IQ, low self esteem and and everything associated with low...
me sef weak 😂

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Who Would U Choose? / How To Text A Girl After She Gives You Her Number / Girls' Hangout Zone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.