Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,059 members, 7,828,730 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 01:26 PM

How Do Atheists Address The Question Of Human Existence? - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Do Atheists Address The Question Of Human Existence? (7779 Views)

Why Do Atheists Desist From Answering This Question ? / Why Do Atheists Love Bashing Religion? / Do Atheists Celebrate Christmas? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (29) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do Atheists Address The Question Of Human Existence? by budaatum: 4:42pm On Sep 22, 2023
gisevak:

See, I do not claim certainty about nonexistence of a creator or creators because i don't have enough facts to rejects its existence. Can you provide provide that fact?

So, you choose to believe instead? I like that. I have not bothered to check my bank statement, so I don't have enough facts to reject the existence of the million pounds I want to believe was deposited in it last week.

Most atheists do not believe gods do not exist. As opposed to having facts provided for them (as is expected by the believer who is lazy and prefers to be told what to believe), they do research by asking and knocking and seeking with all their own heart and soul and mind and being until they actually find out and therefore know that we humans create gods in our own images.

First though, you'd need Jesus Christ to open your eyes so you can see the facts.

2 Likes

Re: How Do Atheists Address The Question Of Human Existence? by jaephoenix(m): 7:34am On Sep 24, 2023
Dtruthspeaker:

It is proven already. AS CONCERNING US AND OUR WORLD, THINGS DO NOT CREATE THEMSELVES..

THEY ARE ALWAYS CREATED AND BROUGHT INTO EXISTENCE BECAUSE A PERSON CREATED THEM.

NO FURTHER REASONABLE QUERY AFTER THIS.
Who created them? Whats evidence of this creation? And who created this creator?

1 Like

Re: How Do Atheists Address The Question Of Human Existence? by Dtruthspeaker: 9:25am On Sep 24, 2023
jaephoenix:

Who created them? ...And who created this creator?

Off Point! The topic is about our creation and not The Creator. So clearly you have nothing reasonable to say.

jaephoenix:

Whats evidence of this creation?

For you to still ask this after I responded to your asking it proves that you are a mad person
[quote author=jaephoenix post=125909344]
There's still debates about their origins. But if u say its your favorite god that created them, [b]u have to provide proo[/b]f

So again, you still have nothing to say.
Re: How Do Atheists Address The Question Of Human Existence? by gisevak: 9:03pm On Sep 24, 2023
budaatum:

So, you choose to believe instead? I like that. I have not bothered to check my bank statement, so I don't have enough facts to reject the existence of the million pounds I want to believe was deposited in it last week.

Most atheists do not believe gods do not exist. As opposed to having facts provided for them (as is expected by the believer who is lazy and prefers to be told what to believe), they do research by asking and knocking and seeking with all their own heart and soul and mind and being until they actually find out and therefore know that we humans create gods in our own images.

First though, you'd need Jesus Christ to open your eyes so you can see the facts.

Let us take this analogy: I am not a sea diver, and so I don't have the capacity to go inside the bottom of the Pacific Ocean. I have tried to go deep, but I lack the capacity to do so. And I have a brother or someone that can go that deep into the ocean, or probably must have gone inside. And someone told me there was gold at the bottom of the sea. What would you do to verify the truth? So I lack the capacity to even reject the Creator. You can go ahead and provide that fact or books that claim there is no creator with 100 percent proof. I am open-minded about the Creator.
Re: How Do Atheists Address The Question Of Human Existence? by gisevak: 9:09pm On Sep 24, 2023
jaephoenix:

Trees aren't created!
You lack simple scientific knowledge judging by your posts
What is your proof for this claim? Where did you read it? Can you point me to the facts? Don't just tell me you have no proof for this claim. Put into writing here facts and not illogical guesses.
Re: How Do Atheists Address The Question Of Human Existence? by gisevak: 9:10pm On Sep 24, 2023
jaephoenix:

We know how buildings come into place. Matter of fact, we have seen buildings being built and what's more, the building process is well documented
What is your stand on the concept of a creator or creators? Do you know if it exists or if it doesn't exist?
Re: How Do Atheists Address The Question Of Human Existence? by KnownUnknown: 9:11pm On Sep 24, 2023
gisevak:

Let us take this analogy: I am not a sea diver, and so I don't have the capacity to go inside the bottom of the Pacific Ocean. I have tried to go deep, but I lack the capacity to do so. And I have a brother or someone that can go that deep into the ocean, or probably must have gone inside. And someone told me there was gold at the bottom of the sea. What would you do to verify the truth?

What’s so far fetched about gold being at the bottom of the sea?!!!

I’m not sure if you’re really young and uneducated or just incredibly ignorant.
Re: How Do Atheists Address The Question Of Human Existence? by gisevak: 9:20pm On Sep 24, 2023
jaephoenix:

Explain 'natural means'
Thus by this definition there is artificial creation

Natural means" refers to processes, actions, or methods that are part of or consistent with the laws and principles of the natural world. There are artificial creations, like drugs. Can you prove there is no natural creation by natural means? Maybe you could state where scientists say those natural creations are not creations created by natural means. 
Re: How Do Atheists Address The Question Of Human Existence? by gisevak: 9:27pm On Sep 24, 2023
KnownUnknown:

What’s so far fetched about gold being at the bottom of the sea?!!!

I’m not sure if you’re really young and uneducated or just incredibly ignorant.
Well, can you answer the question from the analogy? Since you claim to know all, Personally, I am open-minded to things and not as close-minded as you atheists. By the way, what is your view on the existence of a Creator? Does it exist or not?
Re: How Do Atheists Address The Question Of Human Existence? by gisevak: 9:33pm On Sep 24, 2023
budaatum:

No! I still lack belief in any known god or gods. But I am open-minded to the existence of the Creator because there is not enough evidence to disapprove of or approve of the gods. But my point is that there is more evidence of the existence of a creator than not. It's better if I am on neutral ground.
Re: How Do Atheists Address The Question Of Human Existence? by gisevak: 9:53pm On Sep 24, 2023
LordReed:

You asked me what causes natural processes, I said interaction of energy and matter. You then ask what proof I have of that and I responded with every scientific principle and observation. I never said scientific principles and observation are what cause natural processes rather they are proof that natural processes are a result of interaction between energy and matter. Get it?

I have been an atheist before, and I have done more than you have. See, I had first-hand experience of a spiritual word existing. I have had my first experience with dead-people communication. This life is beyond the material or physical world. You have been lied to! It's more honest and logical to be open-minded about things than dogmatic about them. Atheists are even more dogmatic about their views than theists. Science books are their holy books, just as the Bible is the book of Christians. Science has been politicized. The truth has been hidden.
Re: How Do Atheists Address The Question Of Human Existence? by KnownUnknown: 10:41pm On Sep 24, 2023
gisevak:

Well, can you answer the question from the analogy? Since you claim to know all, Personally, I am open-minded to things and not as close-minded as you atheists. By the way, what is your view on the existence of a Creator? Does it exist or not?

I’m not an atheist and creator is what people call the unfounded sentient agent allegedly responsible for the universe.

My rule of thumb is if it sounds like nonsense it must be nonsense. Nonsense usually involves exaggerated claims or claims of the “supernatural” that contradict how we experience reality.
So the idea of a creator is nonsense.
Re: How Do Atheists Address The Question Of Human Existence? by gisevak: 11:22pm On Sep 24, 2023
KnownUnknown:

I’m not an atheist and creator is what people call the unfounded sentient agent allegedly responsible for the universe.

My rule of thumb is if it sounds like nonsense it must be nonsense. Nonsense usually involves exaggerated claims or claims of the “supernatural” that contradict how we experience reality.
So the idea of a creator is nonsense.

Should I take the above quote to mean you are saying the Creator does not exist? Are saying the Creator does not exist? Just to know your stand.
Re: How Do Atheists Address The Question Of Human Existence? by KnownUnknown: 12:55am On Sep 25, 2023
gisevak:

Should I take the above quote to mean you are saying the Creator does not exist? Are saying the Creator does not exist? Just to know your stand.

It is an imaginary character of your own making.
Re: How Do Atheists Address The Question Of Human Existence? by LordReed(m): 4:42am On Sep 25, 2023
gisevak:

I have been an atheist before, and I have done more than you have. See, I had first-hand experience of a spiritual word existing. I have had my first experience with dead-people communication. This life is beyond the material or physical world. You have been lied to! It's more honest and logical to be open-minded about things than dogmatic about them. Atheists are even more dogmatic about their views than theists. Science books are their holy books, just as the Bible is the book of Christians. Science has been politicized. The truth has been hidden.

When you are ready to provide evidence hit me up meanwhile spare me your gripes about atheists, that is totally uninteresting to me.
Re: How Do Atheists Address The Question Of Human Existence? by gisevak: 8:20am On Sep 25, 2023
LordReed:

When you are ready to provide evidence hit me up meanwhile spare me your gripes about atheists, that is totally uninteresting to me.

I might be talking with a kid who doesn't see life beyond the mother's home. It's like saying there is no food in the house. And someone pointed out the rice in the house. My fellow still said there is no food; I should show him or her food. And he or she is seeing food on the table. And he or she would still ask for evidence of food. Does this really make sense at all? 
A reminder: evidence of a creation is natural creations like humans, trees, etc. Does making illogical guesses nullify the existence of a creator because you didn't see it? Provide answers to the questions being asked.
Re: How Do Atheists Address The Question Of Human Existence? by gisevak: 8:41am On Sep 25, 2023
KnownUnknown:

It is an imaginary character of your own making.
Any philosophical view that concludes that a creator or creators don't exist is highly illogical. It's really foolish to conclude that there is no creator, as there is no proof that rejects or accepts the existence of a creator. Your view is a philosophical lie! It seems you're joking or what.
Re: How Do Atheists Address The Question Of Human Existence? by LordReed(m): 8:51am On Sep 25, 2023
gisevak:

I might be talking with a kid who doesn't see life beyond the mother's home. It's like saying there is no food in the house. And someone pointed out the rice in the house. My fellow still said there is no food; I should show him or her food. And he or she is seeing food on the table. And he or she would still ask for evidence of food. Does this really make sense at all? 
A reminder: evidence of a creation is natural creations like humans, trees, etc. Does making illogical guesses nullify the existence of a creator because you didn't see it? Provide answers to the questions being asked.

LoLz. There we go, we get to where it turns to insults over being asked to provide evidence yet I am the dogmatic, closed minded one. You just revealed that you are merely projecting and are the dogmatic childish one who can't see beyond his nose and thinks everyone else has his personal shortcomings. When you are ready for a conversation without being a baby hit me up.

1 Like

Re: How Do Atheists Address The Question Of Human Existence? by gisevak: 9:43am On Sep 25, 2023
LordReed:

LoLz. There we go, we get to where it turns to insults over being asked to provide evidence yet I am the dogmatic, closed minded one. You just revealed that you are merely projecting and are the dogmatic childish one who can't see beyond his nose and thinks everyone else has his personal shortcomings. When you are ready for a conversation without being a baby hit me up.

Sorry, brother, if that sounds insulting to you. Also, read through all my posts and quotes; does it sound illogical to you? Does it make sense to conclude there is no painter while seeing evidence of painting, even though we cannot see the painter who painted? If you can't see creations around you and are still asking for evidence of a creation, I don't think I can help further. How can you see the earth, sea, humans, etc. while still asking for evidence of a creation? My views are not dogmatic, and I am open-minded to things I don't have evidence for. We barely know 10 percent of the world around us; why hurry to draw conclusions about things you know nothing about? It's more logical to be open-minded.
Re: How Do Atheists Address The Question Of Human Existence? by LordReed(m): 9:59am On Sep 25, 2023
gisevak:

Sorry, brother, if that sounds insulting to you. Also, read through all my posts and quotes; does it sound illogical to you? Does it make sense to conclude there is no painter while seeing evidence of painting, even though we cannot see the painter who painted? If you can't see creations around you and are still asking for evidence of a creation, I don't think I can help further. How can you see the earth, sea, humans, etc. while still asking for evidence of a creation? My views are not dogmatic, and I am open-minded to things I don't have evidence for. We barely know 10 percent of the world around us; why hurry to draw conclusions about things you know nothing about? It's more logical to be open-minded.

You are they one calling them creations so you have to provide the evidence that they are creations. Merely calling them creations is not sufficient.
Re: How Do Atheists Address The Question Of Human Existence? by gisevak: 10:20am On Sep 25, 2023
LordReed:

You are they one calling them creations so you have to provide the evidence that they are creations. Merely calling them creations is not sufficient.

Do you have any names to add to it? I might not have any name for things like that other than "natural creation", so you might just give me the name that best fits it. Natural creations refer to the formation or emergence of elements, entities, or phenomena through natural processes.
Re: How Do Atheists Address The Question Of Human Existence? by KnownUnknown: 11:01am On Sep 25, 2023
gisevak:

Any philosophical view that concludes that a creator or creators don't exist is highly illogical. It's really foolish to conclude that there is no creator, as there is no proof that rejects or accepts the existence of a creator. Your view is a philosophical lie! It seems you're joking or what.

It’s a philosophical that eschews magic and unfounded nonsense without wishful thinking. You have no reason to insist on the existence of a creator other than wishful thinking.

There is no proof that rejects or accepts the existence of a creator because it an imaginary creation of your own making.

1 Like

Re: How Do Atheists Address The Question Of Human Existence? by gisevak: 11:29am On Sep 25, 2023
KnownUnknown:

It’s a philosophical that eschews magic and unfounded nonsense without wishful thinking. You have no reason to insist on the existence of a creator other than wishful thinking.

There is no proof that rejects or accepts the existence of a creator because it an imaginary creation of your own making.

The need for logical proof often arises when a negative statement makes a factual assertion or a claim about reality. You made a factual claim that there is no Creator, so I demand you state your proof. Don't come here and ask me for any proof if you can't provide evidence for what you claim. You are more ignorant than the way I see it. Personally, I don't claim to have concluded that there is no Creator, nor do I accept it fully. I am just on neutral ground. I'm sorry for this generation of woke atheists who claim there are no creators because they read a book that doesn't prove the existence of a creator. cool cool
Re: How Do Atheists Address The Question Of Human Existence? by KnownUnknown: 11:32am On Sep 25, 2023
gisevak:

The need for logical proof often arises when a negative statement makes a factual assertion or a claim about reality. You made a factual claim that there is no Creator, so I demand you state your proof. Don't come here and ask me for any proof if you can't provide evidence for what you claim. You are more ignorant than the way I see it. Personally, I don't claim to have concluded that there is no Creator, nor do I accept it fully. I am just on neutral ground. I'm sorry for this generation of woke atheists who claim there are no creators because they read a book that doesn't prove the existence of a creator. cool cool

I don’t have to proof anything because I did not a make the claim. Whether you accept it fully or not, the fact remains that the creator you keep hammering on about is a product of your imagination. You have not written anything and you are not capable of writing anything that will proof that the creator is anything more than your imagination. You are not on neutral ground. I’m definitely “woke” but I’m not an atheists. I know gods are imaginary. It’s not a belief.

1 Like

Re: How Do Atheists Address The Question Of Human Existence? by gisevak: 11:39am On Sep 25, 2023
KnownUnknown:

I don’t have to proof anything because I did not a make the claim. Whether you accept it fully or not, the fact remains that the creator you keep hammering on about is a product of your imagination. You have not written anything and you are not capable of writing anything that will proof that the creator is anything more than your imagination. You are not on neutral ground. I’m definitely “woke” but I’m not an atheists. I know gods are imaginary. It’s not a belief.
Can you just provide an answer to this question;[b]What is stand on existence of a creator? Does it exist or not? [/b]Just provide the answer and nothing more.
Re: How Do Atheists Address The Question Of Human Existence? by KnownUnknown: 11:42am On Sep 25, 2023
gisevak:

Can you just provide an answer to this question;[b]What is stand on existence of a creator? Does it exist or not? [/b]Just provide the answer and nothing more.

Fine. What do you mean by creator?
Why can’t this creator been perceived that you have to ask me if it exists or not?
Who created this creator?
Is there a “creator race” like we have the human race?
Re: How Do Atheists Address The Question Of Human Existence? by gisevak: 11:45am On Sep 25, 2023
KnownUnknown:

Fine. What do you mean by creator?
Why can’t this creator been perceived that you have to ask me if it exists or not?
Who created this creator?
Is there a “creator race” like we have the human race?

Does the creator exist? Yes or No
Re: How Do Atheists Address The Question Of Human Existence? by KnownUnknown: 11:48am On Sep 25, 2023
gisevak:

What is “the creator”?
Re: How Do Atheists Address The Question Of Human Existence? by gisevak: 11:49am On Sep 25, 2023
KnownUnknown:

What is “the creator”?
Check your dictionary
Re: How Do Atheists Address The Question Of Human Existence? by KnownUnknown: 11:55am On Sep 25, 2023
gisevak:

Check your dictionary

The definition of a creator according to a dictionary is one that creates usually by bringing something new or original into being.

So, a creator can be anything from a human that created an engine to an orangutang that created a nest.

I still don’t know what you mean by “the creator”. What did this creator of yours create, cheesecake?
Re: How Do Atheists Address The Question Of Human Existence? by jaephoenix(m): 11:58am On Sep 25, 2023
Dtruthspeaker:

This is not entirely correct because.

1.) It is impossible to not believe in God and it is already long proven that those who are antiGod (atheist) are people who are simply antiGod because God stops and condemns them for all the evil they do and wish to do, among other reasons.

So, it is clear that it is not that people do not believe in God, rather it is a refusal/vendetta to believe in God.

As is proven people generally do not believe in aliens and shit but you don't see them crazily screaming even to point of resorting to lies in attack of those who support alienism.

It is just a pure guilt ridden person who stoops to the denial of claiming unbelief in God.

2). And it is known that demons are evil doing spirits which jws anf Max and you atheists have been caught doing hence the call out.

1. Why do you think its impossible to not believe god? There's literally millions of atheists existing. Matter of fact, your chatting with one!
And how did u arrive at this harebrained conclusions that atheists exist because of your skydaddy's condemnation?
Have you brought any shred of evidence of your god's existence? If I tell you that Thor exists, would you believe me? So why would someone believe your god exists?
Yes anti-alien people exist and they have communities. And please point out to my lies.
Lol about your guilt-ridden point. It may be news to you but theists have more guilts than atheists. Check the crime distribution in the world.
2. I don't even know how to answer this one. First you have to prove demons exist before we go further.
I understand why CaveatEmptor just doesn't like engaging you. You simply lack the quality depth of knowledge, both scientific and philosophical.
If at all you're indeed a lawyer, I'd like to know if you engage in courtroom battles. You're so piss poor in brilliant exchanges

2 Likes

Re: How Do Atheists Address The Question Of Human Existence? by jaephoenix(m): 12:00pm On Sep 25, 2023
Dtruthspeaker:

Off Point! The topic is about our creation and not The Creator. So clearly you have nothing reasonable to say.

Like I always thought, you don't have a comeback on those questions. Clearly shows how poor your mental acuity is

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (29) (Reply)

Are The Three (3) Children Of Pastor Ayo Oritshejafor his Biological Children? / Atheists Who Believe In The Supernatural Please Come In(discussion) / The Rich Man And Lazarus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.