Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,142 members, 7,829,082 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 06:50 PM

How Do Atheists Address The Question Of Human Existence? - Religion (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Do Atheists Address The Question Of Human Existence? (7788 Views)

Why Do Atheists Desist From Answering This Question ? / Why Do Atheists Love Bashing Religion? / Do Atheists Celebrate Christmas? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (29) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do Atheists Address The Question Of Human Existence? by gisevak: 2:25pm On Sep 25, 2023
Maynman:

Prove your OWN CONCEPT.

"Well,my own concept is that "creator" refers to a divine being or a higher power that is believed to have created the univerese"
Again, I don't have evidence or proof for a creator or creators neither do i have proof to reject the evidence of a creator? Can you provide your proof now? Atheist!Lol
Re: How Do Atheists Address The Question Of Human Existence? by Maynman: 2:29pm On Sep 25, 2023
gisevak:

Again, I don't have evidence or proof for a creator or creators neither do i have proof to 2 the evidence of a creator? Can you provide your proof now? Atheist!Lol
Read slowly.
Provide proof for your OWN CONCEPT, didn't ask you to accept or reject your CONCEPT, how did you arrive at it.

Well,my own concept is that "creator" refers to a divine being or a higher power that is believed to have created the universe.
Re: How Do Atheists Address The Question Of Human Existence? by LordReed(m): 3:10pm On Sep 25, 2023
gisevak:

Do you have any names to add to it? I might not have any name for things like that other than "natural creation", so you might just give me the name that best fits it. Natural creations refer to the formation or emergence of elements, entities, or phenomena through natural processes.

I call them natural. Adding creation is an attempt to define something into reality. Essentially you are saying a creator exists because you call them creations.

1 Like

Re: How Do Atheists Address The Question Of Human Existence? by gisevak: 3:30pm On Sep 25, 2023
LordReed:

I call them natural. Adding creation is an attempt to define something into reality. Essentially you are saying a creator exists because you call them creations.

I am not saying creator exist or not. What i am saying is that we can see "natural" as you called it just as we can see a painting on the wall. It is not logical to reject something we know nothing about. I am not saying you should accept there is a creator or not. But, don't you think it sound illogical to base your belief on false theories. You should at least not be in a hurry to make conclusion about things you know nothing about.
Re: How Do Atheists Address The Question Of Human Existence? by LordReed(m): 4:21pm On Sep 25, 2023
gisevak:

I am not saying creator exist or not. What i am saying is that we can see "natural" as you called it just as we can see a painting on the wall. It is not logical to reject something we know nothing about. I am not saying you should accept there is a creator or not. But, don't you think it sound illogical to base your belief on false theories. You should at least not be in a hurry to make conclusion about things you know nothing about.

And I am asking you based on what are saying there is something to even consider in the first place. Conjecture? Analogy? These aren't evidence for anything.
Re: How Do Atheists Address The Question Of Human Existence? by Dtruthspeaker: 4:57pm On Sep 25, 2023
jaephoenix:

Like I always thought, you don't have a comeback on those questions. Clearly shows how poor your mental acuity is

Like i and others have always told you, you are good of intelligence and knowledge. Everyone knows that off point arguments are INVALID ARGUMENTS. I guess formaline and cadavers melted your brain in medical school

Clearly this proves that you do not have a case and you thought you could just argue anyhow and are just lamenting because all your arguments will always break one law of arguments or the other!
Re: How Do Atheists Address The Question Of Human Existence? by Dtruthspeaker: 5:02pm On Sep 25, 2023
jaephoenix:

1. Why do you think its impossible to not believe god?

It's already proven that almost all of you atheists have confessed to first believing God before one devil you met let you real eyes that you had a right and power to reject God which you delude and confuse yourself into claimiing the non existence of God.

But anyway all these are off point and a deviation from the issue and since you do not have anything valid to say, you can go lick your wounds.

jaephoenix:

There's literally millions of atheists existing. Matter of fact, your chatting with one! ...

Off point!

Go and learn how arguments are conducted. It is not everything you have in mind to say that is a valid argument.

If you learn valid arguments you would see that all your anti God beliefs are all completely baseless and unfounded and exist only in your corrupt and fithy minds only.

jaephoenix:

if at all you're indeed a lawyer, I'd like to know if you engage in courtroom battles. You're so piss poor in brilliant exchanges

Even this battle already shows how you have failed as all our previous battles have shown in the fact that you always fall and fail in proving whatever you be-live in by lawful mean leaving you alway slinking away in grumbling defeat as you always had nothing valid to counter.

Even in here everyone here knows that off points are invalid you are the only one who is stupid full to not know, not to talk of a coutroom where a lawyer can't even bring such an argument as he is liable to be seriously penalized for making this type of stupid argument. No wonder you are a ducktor, for you are quack!
Re: How Do Atheists Address The Question Of Human Existence? by budaatum: 5:49pm On Sep 26, 2023
gisevak:

Let us take this analogy: I am not a sea diver, and so I don't have the capacity to go inside the bottom of the Pacific Ocean. I have tried to go deep, but I lack the capacity to do so. And I have a brother or someone that can go that deep into the ocean, or probably must have gone inside. And someone told me there was gold at the bottom of the sea. What would you do to verify the truth? So I lack the capacity to even reject the Creator. You can go ahead and provide that fact or books that claim there is no creator with 100 percent proof. I am open-minded about the Creator.
Your brother here would be the writers of the book they wrote and that you believe to represent what is inside the bottom of the Pacific Ocean.

And what if someone more qualified or up to date than your brother comes back from the bottom of the Pacific Ocean and tells you different to what your brother told you? Do you choose to believe one or the other or just continue to believe your brother instead of seeking to know with your own heart and soul and mind?
Re: How Do Atheists Address The Question Of Human Existence? by budaatum: 5:59pm On Sep 26, 2023
gisevak:

No! I still lack belief in any known god or gods. But I am open-minded to the existence of the Creator because there is not enough evidence to disapprove of or approve of the gods. But my point is that there is more evidence of the existence of a creator than not. It's better if I am on neutral ground.

What you observe as created, is what exists and that you assume must have been created. And you assume that because you assume that things that exist must have been created by a creator and can not consider any other way that things might have come into existence.

Mount Everest
Home to our planet’s highest peak (29,035 feet; 8,850 meters) Mount Everest the standard to which all other mountains are compared. The Nepalese name for the mountain is Sagarmatha: “mother of the universe.” Everest’s geological story began 40 million years ago when the Indian subcontinent began a slow-motion collision with Asia. The edges of two continents jammed together and pushed up the massive ridges that make up the Himalayas today.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do Atheists Address The Question Of Human Existence? by gisevak: 7:28pm On Sep 26, 2023
budaatum:

What you observe as created, is what exists and that you assume must have been created. And you assume that because you assume that things that exist must have been created by a creator and can not consider any other way that things might have come into existence.

Mount Everest
Home to our planet’s highest peak (29,035 feet; 8,850 meters) Mount Everest the standard to which all other mountains are compared. The Nepalese name for the mountain is Sagarmatha: “mother of the universe.” Everest’s geological story began 40 million years ago when the Indian subcontinent began a slow-motion collision with Asia. The edges of two continents jammed together and pushed up the massive ridges that make up the Himalayas today.

While you may not understand my perspective on the assumption of creation, it's crucial to acknowledge that the question of existence and its origins is a complex and multifaceted one. As an agnostic, I believe in embracing uncertainty and remaining open to various possibilities. The mystery of existence is a topic that continues to challenge our understanding, and it's essential to explore different viewpoints and theories with an open mind. I don't hold dogmatic views on the concept of creation. I am being neutral here[b]. If you have valid and concrete facts on why everything we see is not created, I would gladly accept them.[/b]
Re: How Do Atheists Address The Question Of Human Existence? by gisevak: 7:41pm On Sep 26, 2023
budaatum:
Your brother here would be the writers of the book they wrote and that you believe to represent what is inside the bottom of the Pacific Ocean.

And what if someone more qualified or up to date than your brother comes back from the bottom of the Pacific Ocean and tells you different to what your brother told you? Do you choose to believe one or the other or just continue to believe your brother instead of seeking to know with your own heart and soul and mind?
Firstly, this doesn't answer the questions I asked; the answer to the first question should indicate steps to take to find the truth about the gold. I probably expect you to employ the service of a diver to go that deep into the Pacific Ocean. The diver has the capacity to find out the truth himself without employing anybody, while you don't.
Secondly, you have not provided any books or facts that prove 100 percent that creators exist or not. I don't think you can even show or bring such facts or proof forward.
Re: How Do Atheists Address The Question Of Human Existence? by gisevak: 7:57pm On Sep 26, 2023
budaatum:

I would like to see someone who has gone so deep to find out if the gold is truly there or not. That means that person has the capacity to know the truth.
To be honest and factual, I don't think there is anyone who has the capacity to verify the truth now. Nobody has ever performed any scientific experiments or something related to show that what we see is created or not. Or whether there is a creator or creators or not. Most are just making what I call logical guesses. I might be wrong, so prove me wrong if anyone has such capacity.
Re: How Do Atheists Address The Question Of Human Existence? by budaatum: 11:52pm On Sep 26, 2023
gisevak:

I would like to see someone who has gone so deep to find out if the gold is truly there or not. That means that person has the capacity to know the truth.
To be honest and factual, I don't think there is anyone who has the capacity to verify the truth now. Nobody has ever performed any scientific experiments or something related to show that what we see is created or not. Or whether there is a creator or creators or not. Most are just making what I call logical guesses. I might be wrong, so prove me wrong if anyone has such capacity.

So, you choose to make a logical guess and believe instead of seeking to know? Isn't that what devils are written to do too and tremble while at it? Why emulate what makes devil's tremble?

I'm not going to bother trying to prove you wrong because that would be tantamount to trying to make you believe me instead, and I'd be depriving you of a learning opportunity. Do your own asking and knocking and seeking yourself. You may or may not find God but you'd learn a lot through seeking.

If you are a book believer, I'd suggest you read more and research the history of the book you believe in.

Re: How Do Atheists Address The Question Of Human Existence? by budaatum: 11:56pm On Sep 26, 2023
gisevak:

Firstly, this doesn't answer the questions I asked; the answer to the first question should indicate steps to take to find the truth about the gold. I probably expect you to employ the service of a diver to go that deep into the Pacific Ocean. The diver has the capacity to find out the truth himself without employing anybody, while you don't.
Secondly, you have not provided any books or facts that prove 100 percent that creators exist or not. I don't think you can even show or bring such facts or proof forward.

The diver would not return and tell me to believe he found gold. Instead, he'd show me the gold he found so I know he found gold.

And I'm not diving to find gold for you. Do your own diving is what I suggest, instead of not diving at all and believing there's gold deep in the Pacific Ocean.
Re: How Do Atheists Address The Question Of Human Existence? by gisevak: 6:33am On Sep 27, 2023
budaatum:

The diver would not return and tell me to believe he found gold. Instead, he'd show me the gold he found so I know he found gold.

And I'm not diving to find gold for you. Do your own diving is what I suggest, instead of not diving at all and believing there's gold deep in the Pacific Ocean.

Has the diver gone that deep now? Since you know that the diver has not gone that deep to bring the gold, why rush to the conclusion that there is no gold? You have not even gone that deep into the ocean, and neither do you have the capacity to do so. Why conclude? It's highly illogical to hurriedly conclude something that you have not verified.
Re: How Do Atheists Address The Question Of Human Existence? by gisevak: 6:52am On Sep 27, 2023
budaatum:

So, you choose to make a logical guess and believe instead of seeking to know? Isn't that what devils are written to do too and tremble while at it? Why emulate what makes devil's tremble?

I'm not going to bother trying to prove you wrong because that would be tantamount to trying to make you believe me instead, and I'd be depriving you of a learning opportunity. Do your own asking and knocking and seeking yourself. You may or may not find God but you'd learn a lot through seeking.

If you are a book believer, I'd suggest you read more and research the history of the book you believe in.

Do you know someone who is agnostic about some views? You're not speaking with a religious person; bear this in mind. Everybody must not be a Christian or other theistic religion before they point out your wrongfulness. Who is making logical guesses here? Someone who says a creator doesn't exist without proving it or someone who says creation doesn't exist without proving evidence, and there are many more of your conclusions. And I choose to be neutral or not to draw conclusions based on those views. I think we currently don't have the capacity to know the truth; hence, I remained neutral.
Re: How Do Atheists Address The Question Of Human Existence? by LordReed(m): 1:48pm On Sep 27, 2023
gisevak:

Has the diver gone that deep now? Since you know that the diver has not gone that deep to bring the gold, why rush to the conclusion that there is no gold? You have not even gone that deep into the ocean, and neither do you have the capacity to do so. Why conclude? It's highly illogical to hurriedly conclude something that you have not verified.

What inspired the diver to dive in the first place? Did the diver think oh there's a 50/50 chance there's gold at the bottom of the ocean? Do you think that is how mineral exploration works? You just take a chance without any concrete data?
Re: How Do Atheists Address The Question Of Human Existence? by budaatum: 2:27pm On Sep 27, 2023
gisevak:

Do you know someone who is agnostic about some views? You're not speaking with a religious person; bear this in mind. Everybody must not be a Christian or other theistic religion before they point out your wrongfulness. Who is making logical guesses here? Someone who says a creator doesn't exist without proving it or someone who says creation doesn't exist without proving evidence, and there are many more of your conclusions. And I choose to be neutral or not to draw conclusions based on those views. I think we currently don't have the capacity to know the truth; hence, I remained neutral.

There is no problem being agnostic especially since you don't have sufficient information about the history and creation of gods. It is however not agnostic nor neutral to believe gods exist.

As for not having the capacity, kindly speak for yourself. Some have not only sought and knocked and asked with their own hearts and souls and minds, they first had Jesus open their eyes too so they can see.
Re: How Do Atheists Address The Question Of Human Existence? by budaatum: 2:34pm On Sep 27, 2023
gisevak:

Now, if only you were agnostic about buda, but I guess you don't know anything about me and are making up things to believe about my capacity and how long I've spent just as you are with gods.

Sir, I have gone that deep myself and do not need to rely on a diver as far as gods are concerned. It's all in books, which you can read if you can be bothered to get your hands on them, which is now so much more easier than when I began because you can now find loads on the internet.
Re: How Do Atheists Address The Question Of Human Existence? by gisevak: 5:11pm On Sep 27, 2023
budaatum:

Now, if only you were agnostic about buda, but I guess you don't know anything about me and are making up things to believe about my capacity and how long I've spent just as you are with gods.

Sir, I have gone that deep myself and do not need to rely on a diver as far as gods are concerned. It's all in books, which you can read if you can be bothered to get your hands on them, which is now so much more easier than when I began because you can now find loads on the internet.

See, science has limitations when it comes to addressing questions related to the existence or nature of a creator. We both know that science lacks the capacity to prove or disprove the existence of a universe creator. It's never been possible to make any proof whatsoever because the existence of a creator often falls outside the scope of scientific inquiry because it involves metaphysical aspects that go beyond the observable and measurable aspects of the natural world.
You cannot tell me you have the capacity to prove or disapprove of the existence of a creator unless you're just deceiving yourself. You could show me anybody on earth, present or past, who has the capacity to prove or disapprove of the existence of a creator or creators. 

That's why I used gold as a liken to the Creator and diver as anyone who has the capacity to prove or disapprove of the existence of a Creator, which I probably think doesn't exist. How then should you draw a conclusion about whether the creator exists or not? It sounds illogical to hold any conclusive views or existence of a creator or creators.
Re: How Do Atheists Address The Question Of Human Existence? by gisevak: 5:19pm On Sep 27, 2023
budaatum:

There is no problem being agnostic especially since you don't have sufficient information about the history and creation of gods. It is however not agnostic nor neutral to believe gods exist.

As for not having the capacity, kindly speak for yourself. Some have not only sought and knocked and asked with their own hearts and souls and minds, they first had Jesus open their eyes too so they can see.

Do you or anyone else have the ability to prove or disapprove that the creator does not exist? You can point to anyone who has the capacity to do so. Why bring biblical Jesus here after I told you that I am agnostic?
Re: How Do Atheists Address The Question Of Human Existence? by gisevak: 5:39pm On Sep 27, 2023
LordReed:

What inspired the diver to dive in the first place? Did the diver think oh there's a 50/50 chance there's gold at the bottom of the ocean? Do you think that is how mineral exploration works? You just take a chance without any concrete data?

This is a result of not digesting and understanding what you quoted. You just committed the Red Herring Fallacy; you are simply diverting from the point.
What I am saying there is about who has the capacity to verify facts and who doesn't. We all know that if I had the capacity to enter a fire without being burned, I would go inside any fire incident to rescue people, even if people lied to me or not that they were in the burning house. I have nothing to lose; I am capable. Do you have anybody capable of proving or disapproving the existence of a creator or creators?
Re: How Do Atheists Address The Question Of Human Existence? by LordReed(m): 5:41pm On Sep 27, 2023
gisevak:

This is a result of not digesting and understanding what you quoted. You just committed the Red Herring Fallacy; you are simply diverting from the point.
What I am saying there is about who has the capacity to verify facts and who doesn't. We all know that if I had the capacity to enter a fire without being burned, I would go inside any fire incident to rescue people, even if people lied to me or not that they were in the burning house. I have nothing to lose; I am capable. Do you have anybody capable of proving or disapproving the existence of a creator or creators?

LoLz. I am asking you on what basis do even begin to ask the question. Obviously you the one who is incapable of digesting simple things. You really need to learn how not to project your failings unto others.
Re: How Do Atheists Address The Question Of Human Existence? by gisevak: 6:03pm On Sep 27, 2023
LordReed:

LoLz. I am asking you on what basis do even begin to ask the question. Obviously you the one who is incapable of digesting simple things. You really need to learn how not to project your failings unto others.

Many dodge to prove or disapprove of the existence of a universe creator because they don't have the capacity to do so. I won't blame anybody for this, but what I feel people are ignorant about is drawing conclusions about the existence of a creator. We can see this when atheists argue and when religious people argue as well. They are all chasing the shadow and making both logical and illogical guesses. None has proved his side by any proofs.

If you have capacity, then prove that the creator does not exist
. Don't come here and say that the burden of proof typically lies with the party making a positive claim or assertion, because the burden of proof can be in a negative context too.
Re: How Do Atheists Address The Question Of Human Existence? by LordReed(m): 6:08pm On Sep 27, 2023
gisevak:

Many dodge to prove or disapprove of the existence of a universe creator because they don't have the capacity to do so. I won't blame anybody for this, but what I feel people are ignorant about is drawing conclusions about the existence of a creator. We can see this when atheists argue and when religious people argue as well. They are all chasing the shadow and making both logical and illogical guesses. None has proved his side by any proofs.

If you have capacity, then prove that the creator does not exist
. Don't come here and say that the burden of proof typically lies with the party making a positive claim or assertion, because the burden of proof can be in a negative context too.

Oga simple question on what basis do you ask if there is a creator or not? Very simple question.
Re: How Do Atheists Address The Question Of Human Existence? by KnownUnknown: 6:09pm On Sep 27, 2023
gisevak:

Many dodge to prove or disapprove of the existence of the true Boombum because they don't have the capacity to do so. I won't blame anybody for this, but what I feel people are ignorant about is drawing conclusions about the existence of Boombum. We can see this when theists argue and when religious people argue as well. They are all chasing the shadow and making both logical and illogical guesses. None has proved his side by any proofs.

If you have capacity, then prove that Boombum does not exist

Thank you!!! I’ve always said the same thing! Glad to see another Boombumist!!
Boom Boom to you my brother!!!
Re: How Do Atheists Address The Question Of Human Existence? by gisevak: 6:27pm On Sep 27, 2023
LordReed:

Oga simple question on what basis do you ask if there is a creator or not? Very simple question.
What do you mean by this question? On what basis? My basis is an agnostic point of view about a creator or creators. My stand on proof of the existence of a universe creator is inherently difficult or impossible to answer definitively. I don't have proof to approve or disapprove of the existence of a creator.
Re: How Do Atheists Address The Question Of Human Existence? by LordReed(m): 6:54pm On Sep 27, 2023
gisevak:

What do you mean by this question? On what basis? My basis is an agnostic point of view about a creator or creators. My stand on proof of the existence of a universe creator is inherently difficult or impossible to answer definitively. I don't have proof to approve or disapprove of the existence of a creator.

On what basis do you ask about a creator? Did the thought just jump into your head?
Re: How Do Atheists Address The Question Of Human Existence? by budaatum: 7:10pm On Sep 27, 2023
gisevak:

Do you or anyone else have the ability to prove or disapprove that the creator does not exist? You can point to anyone who has the capacity to do so. Why bring biblical Jesus here after I told you that I am agnostic?

The stories of Jesus teach quite a lot, is why I bring it here. One most important teaching of his is the use of the senses to ask and knock and seek instead of thinking you are incapable of using your senses to do the requisite research.

As for a creator, you might as well be asking me to prove to you that the spaghetti monster or Russell's Teapot do not exist. Most would inform you that it is you who thinks a thing exists that should prove its existence. But I shall not bother asking you to since you claim it is merely a belief and not something you actually know.

As for your agnosticism, I am certain it pertains to particular gods and not all gods, unless you are equally agnostic about Sango and Sopona too. Do tell, are you?
Re: How Do Atheists Address The Question Of Human Existence? by gisevak: 7:40pm On Sep 27, 2023
budaatum:

The stories of Jesus teach quite a lot, is why I bring it here. One most important teaching of his is the use of the senses to ask and knock and seek instead of thinking you are incapable of using your senses to do the requisite research.

As for a creator, you might as well be asking me to prove to you that the spaghetti monster or Russell's Teapot do not exist. Most would inform you that it is you who thinks a thing exists that should prove its existence. But I shall not bother asking you to since you claim it is merely a belief and not something you actually know.

As for your agnosticism, I am certain it pertains to particular gods and not all gods, unless you are equally agnostic about Sango and Sopona too. Do tell, are you?
Read through my quotes and posts here and you would find your answers. I have answer this here.
Re: How Do Atheists Address The Question Of Human Existence? by gisevak: 7:42pm On Sep 27, 2023
LordReed:

On what basis do you ask about a creator? Did the thought just jump into your head?
Would this solve the existence creator mystery?
Re: How Do Atheists Address The Question Of Human Existence? by budaatum: 7:43pm On Sep 27, 2023
gisevak:

Read through my quotes and posts here and you would find your answers. I have answer this here.

Sorry, but not important enough for the time investment. Post a link to where you posted your answer so I can go straight to it instead of wading through looking for it.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (29) (Reply)

My Friend Is a Devoted Christian But Flirts Around / Sickness Is Not An Act Of God / Atheism. God Does Not Exist.

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.