Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,993 members, 7,817,926 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:07 PM

Inside Soweto's First Government Gay Clinic - LESSONS - Foreign Affairs (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Inside Soweto's First Government Gay Clinic - LESSONS (54984 Views)

At Least 14 Dead In A Mass Shooting At A Bar In Soweto South Africa / Ghanaians Drag Ex-President Mahama On Twitter Over Yahaya Bello's Mobile Clinic / Gay Sex Legalised In India By Supreme Court (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Inside Soweto's First Government Gay Clinic - LESSONS by ChangedMan1999(m): 10:07am On Sep 19, 2023
More like, mental ill patients support

6 Likes

Re: Inside Soweto's First Government Gay Clinic - LESSONS by Ibrahimlagosian(m): 11:16am On Sep 19, 2023
First time you said something sensible wink
Shinjawestern:
I wish I can k*LL all gays..

Stupid people
Re: Inside Soweto's First Government Gay Clinic - LESSONS by MajESTHY(f): 12:56pm On Sep 19, 2023
Abnormal things are becoming normal and multitudes are accepting it. God help me pls.

2 Likes

Re: Inside Soweto's First Government Gay Clinic - LESSONS by etrange: 3:09pm On Sep 19, 2023
TMKsouth:
Soweto finally has a health facility that caters for the LGBTQIA+ community.

The centre was launched by the Gauteng Province minister (MEC) for Health and Wellness, Nomantu Nkomo-Ralehoko on Friday, 8 September at Itireleng Clinic in Soweto, Johannesburg.

The health facility will provide the minimum package of health services that are tailored to meet the health needs of population groups considered to be key populations for HIV and STIs.

The facility will focus on providing comprehensive and compassionate care to homosexual men, and men that sleep with other men.

Nkomo-Ralehoko said the purpose of this facility is to provide exclusive health services to the key population who constantly face rejection and mistreatment when accessing health facilities.

She added that this has transformed the lives of key populations by providing them with necessary support, care and empowerment to lead healthy and fulfilling lives.

"One of the notable strengths of this centre lies in the commitment to confidentiality, and non-discrimination. No one will tell other people why you were there in the room consulting. Staff have been sworn into confidentiality," she said.

"We have trained our staff and security guards to take care of these people," she said.

Dr Thulani Mhlongo, one of the key players in ensuring that such facilities are established told the Daily Sun that he is excited that barriers and stigmas will now be broken.

"It is important that we educate our communities and the government about our needs as gay and lesbian people. Gay and lesbian people used to be insulted and called names when they go to the clinics. I'm glad that now they listened to us, and centres are being established to accommodate the members of LGBTQIA+,” said Mhlongo.

Nurse clinician supervisor, Irene Mudau said the patients will be seen at the men’s clinic for consultation with nurse clinicians who have been trained on key populations.

The facility will provide services such as the HIV prevention package including behavioural intervention and pre-exposure prophylaxis. It will also offer HIV testing, counselling, and treatment, condom and lubricant provision, and all related education, just to mention a few.

South Africa was the first country in Africa and the 5th in the world to legalise gay marriage.

https://www.snl24.com/dailysun/news/mec-for-health-and-wellness-nomantu-nkomo-ralehoko-launches-health-centre-for-lgbtqia-community-20230910

Commendable!

3 Likes

Re: Inside Soweto's First Government Gay Clinic - LESSONS by Shinjawestern: 3:13pm On Sep 19, 2023
Ibrahimlagosian:
First time you said something sensible wink

Only islamic terrorists often hate my comments..

I hate all Islamic terrorists

Death to all Islamic terrorists

1 Like

Re: Inside Soweto's First Government Gay Clinic - LESSONS by Octopusssy(f): 3:36pm On Sep 19, 2023
Chill... Are these men?

Re: Inside Soweto's First Government Gay Clinic - LESSONS by grandstar(m): 3:39pm On Sep 19, 2023
TMKsouth:
Gays not getting healthcare is a danger to everyone. The same homophobic guys bashing gays here are the ones sending HIV back home to their wives. They're sleeping with gays. Thats why they're outspoken, they want to divert attention away from themselves.

Always treat homophobic guys with suspicion - why are they so preoccupied with gay affairs. They feel threatened by openly gay people enjoying their lives. Homophobes are closet gays.

https://www.nairaland.com/2564165/3-anti-gay-pastors-turned-out

Though the Bible condemns homosexuality, it does also condemns homophobis. (Matthew 7:12, 1 Peter 2:17, 2 Timothy 2:24-25).

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Inside Soweto's First Government Gay Clinic - LESSONS by ShaqFu: 3:39pm On Sep 19, 2023
Octopusssy:
Chill... Are these men?
Who knows. 🤦
Re: Inside Soweto's First Government Gay Clinic - LESSONS by Octopusssy(f): 3:39pm On Sep 19, 2023
CloudTrees:

The Op talks and walk like one too grin
I tell ya. He is even as cantankerous as a menstruating woman.

2 Likes

Re: Inside Soweto's First Government Gay Clinic - LESSONS by Octopusssy(f): 3:41pm On Sep 19, 2023
ShaqFu:
Who knows. 🤦
They look funny and confusing.

Confused lots.
Re: Inside Soweto's First Government Gay Clinic - LESSONS by Bigseven(m): 4:16pm On Sep 19, 2023
Eewwww
Re: Inside Soweto's First Government Gay Clinic - LESSONS by generadorade199: 4:31pm On Sep 19, 2023
Promote unity and compassion; condemn violence against any individual, community, or species. Stand for peace, not harm.

https://simplified.com/es-ai-image-generator/
Re: Inside Soweto's First Government Gay Clinic - LESSONS by Bniteodds: 5:28pm On Sep 19, 2023
Read below

Re: Inside Soweto's First Government Gay Clinic - LESSONS by naija4life247: 6:00pm On Sep 19, 2023
TMKsouth:
Gays not getting healthcare is a danger to everyone. The same homophobic guys bashing gays here are the ones sending HIV back home to their wives. They're sleeping with gays. Thats why they're outspoken, they want to divert attention away from themselves.

Always treat homophobic guys with suspicion - why are they so preoccupied with gay affairs. They feel threatened by openly gay people enjoying their lives. Homophobes are closet gays.

https://www.nairaland.com/2564165/3-anti-gay-pastors-turned-out

The way you are going, Ogun go soon kill you, that is after your Yansh go don tear with big penis

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Inside Soweto's First Government Gay Clinic - LESSONS by AfonjaConehead: 6:01pm On Sep 19, 2023
Hospital where they can patch torn yanshes grin
Re: Inside Soweto's First Government Gay Clinic - LESSONS by Nobody: 6:01pm On Sep 19, 2023
Me, I can't even take a massage from a man.

I wish them best of luck!
Re: Inside Soweto's First Government Gay Clinic - LESSONS by Flamemignon1(m): 6:01pm On Sep 19, 2023
RiceBandit:
To smash your head dey hungry me.
To smash someone minding their business yet your greedy politicians are out there stealing your money and you are hiding like a bitch because you can't do shit,na gay people body you get power
Re: Inside Soweto's First Government Gay Clinic - LESSONS by Flamemignon1(m): 6:02pm On Sep 19, 2023
adefitim:
Anytime I read or hear the LGBTQ I feel like vomiting…. A cursed set of people
It's the same way I feel about you bigots
Re: Inside Soweto's First Government Gay Clinic - LESSONS by OBTOREPA(m): 6:02pm On Sep 19, 2023
Look at them closely and you will see that they are really sick.

2 Likes

Re: Inside Soweto's First Government Gay Clinic - LESSONS by Flamemignon1(m): 6:02pm On Sep 19, 2023
MrAgbako:
That ain't no clinic. It is a psychiatric ward.
You would know it's one because you just left there
Re: Inside Soweto's First Government Gay Clinic - LESSONS by LockDown69(m): 6:03pm On Sep 19, 2023
I spit on this thread angry
Re: Inside Soweto's First Government Gay Clinic - LESSONS by Omoawoke: 6:03pm On Sep 19, 2023
Africa and boggy beggy

No more values
Re: Inside Soweto's First Government Gay Clinic - LESSONS by Jalaw: 6:04pm On Sep 19, 2023
See people Nelson Mandela went to jail for.
He must be disappointed in the grave.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Inside Soweto's First Government Gay Clinic - LESSONS by Kobojunkie: 6:04pm On Sep 19, 2023
TMKsouth:
Na dem person supposed suspect pass! grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Inside Soweto's First Government Gay Clinic - LESSONS by Faposky95: 6:04pm On Sep 19, 2023
SA no be Naija....
They suffered from the AIDS pandemic and are taking proactive steps......
....not like here wey govt and him people go dey lie to dem sef......
SA no send US no mean say dem no go Soji.....
....bandits rape women.....and do wat when there are none in sight.....?!
Re: Inside Soweto's First Government Gay Clinic - LESSONS by LockDown69(m): 6:05pm On Sep 19, 2023
Flamemignon1:

You would know it's one because you just left there
guy pride spotted grin
Re: Inside Soweto's First Government Gay Clinic - LESSONS by dododawa1: 6:05pm On Sep 19, 2023
DEVIL and SATAN
Really
Do
Worlderful
On earth.

1 Like

Re: Inside Soweto's First Government Gay Clinic - LESSONS by BoldBrainz(m): 6:05pm On Sep 19, 2023
South Africa is just in the habit of adopting alien practices and bringing same to the African continent.

What manner of absolute fuckery is this?!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Ri Sol-ju: Meet Kim Jong-un's Wife Who Is A Former Cheerleader [PHOTOS] / Zoleka Mandela Buried Amidst Sexual Abuse Scandal in the Family (PICS) / President John Magufuli Collects Offering During Church Service (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.