Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,303 members, 7,811,898 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:39 PM

Inside Soweto's First Government Gay Clinic - LESSONS - Foreign Affairs (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Inside Soweto's First Government Gay Clinic - LESSONS (54957 Views)

At Least 14 Dead In A Mass Shooting At A Bar In Soweto South Africa / Ghanaians Drag Ex-President Mahama On Twitter Over Yahaya Bello's Mobile Clinic / Gay Sex Legalised In India By Supreme Court (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Inside Soweto's First Government Gay Clinic - LESSONS by tonicyril: 9:33pm On Sep 19, 2023
Samantha124:
I'm only gone for two seconds and you guys are already mentioning me left and right...🤦🤦🤦.. Don't you guys get tired of me?😅😅😅

I mean it's not like I'm a member of the LGBTQIA... Whatever they do with their lives is none of my business.
but the government are now using the tax payers money to build hospitals for them to replenish their dilapidated ass hole grin so that they can have more energy surgery enhanced ass holes to reciv more 7inches peg grin
Re: Inside Soweto's First Government Gay Clinic - LESSONS by Nobody: 9:37pm On Sep 19, 2023
Flamemignon1:

Because you commented when it literally makes no sense

Oh I see.

I might make no sense to you but have you considered it might make sense to more than 3million other users on Nairaland.

See, nobody is saying it makes no sense except you. Don't you think the problem might lie with you.

How do you know my comments made no sense?

What sense are we talking about here? Can you help me to understand i really want to learn!

1 Like

Re: Inside Soweto's First Government Gay Clinic - LESSONS by GodWrites: 9:40pm On Sep 19, 2023
BRATISLAVA:

Due to gaslighting when they expressed their homophobic views or they were "born that way"?

The same way people are born straight, is the same way people are born gay. Unfortunately they make up the minority, just like we have left handed people. But because of religion and cultural beliefs, they grow up hiding their identity, and might even be homophobic to deter suspicion. Done long enough, they develop internalised homophobia. A condition where they hate themselves, and others who are bold enough to express themselves. I have never seen someone as homophobic as a gay person with internalised homophobia.

1 Like

Re: Inside Soweto's First Government Gay Clinic - LESSONS by saphiere(f): 9:41pm On Sep 19, 2023
crestedaguiyi:
Very irritating set of humans
Live and lets live
Re: Inside Soweto's First Government Gay Clinic - LESSONS by Nobody: 9:45pm On Sep 19, 2023
What if most of these gays are also working and paying tax?
tonicyril:
but the government are now using the tax payers money to build hospitals for them to replenish their dilapidated ass hole grin so that they can have more energy surgery enhanced ass holes to reciv more 7inches peg grin
Re: Inside Soweto's First Government Gay Clinic - LESSONS by akin33(m): 9:47pm On Sep 19, 2023
Yes, they need their miserable anus stitched.
Re: Inside Soweto's First Government Gay Clinic - LESSONS by Timoleon(m): 9:53pm On Sep 19, 2023
Flamemignon1:

It was at a public clinic when I was still in Nigeria,I wasn't refused service persay but the way the nurses treated me was completely inhumane. I went for an hiv test and I think it slipped out that I slept with a guy, I'm not kidding you,the nurse literally said "na dem dem".......while waiting for my result,I could hear the gossiping here and there with one blatantly saying "dis one no go even smell heaven",fast forward to after my test and I left,I could hear them laughing from afar,it was so humiliating because I wasn't the only one there just the only queer person and as I left,I saw other patients joining in the gossip

Gossiping about you is not an isolated event. Nurses gossip about everyone regardless of your sexuality. Few people go for HIV/std testings and one of the reasons is that they don’t want to be topic for the nurses. It has nothing to do with your sexuality. The fact which you are trying to undermine is that you were not denied healthcare.
Re: Inside Soweto's First Government Gay Clinic - LESSONS by ussv: 10:02pm On Sep 19, 2023
These are indeed end times. Even here in America, dem no get Gay clinic.
Re: Inside Soweto's First Government Gay Clinic - LESSONS by isabi2lof: 10:08pm On Sep 19, 2023
Most of them behaves like mu.mu , always wanting to be like a woman.

They're not even proud to be a man in the first place, sissy men everywhere undecided
Re: Inside Soweto's First Government Gay Clinic - LESSONS by Goodman247: 10:21pm On Sep 19, 2023
Rahkman:
It's the responsibility of naija boys to fùck SA women as the male population would soon be gay
grin grin yeye boy
Re: Inside Soweto's First Government Gay Clinic - LESSONS by justli: 10:26pm On Sep 19, 2023
CloudTrees:
:PBeing gay is a phenomenon that is being studied and hopefully the causes and correction will be understood.

Science is constantly developing. Being gay could be a phenomenon that can be corrected with the appropriate treatment. Till then, they are still members of the larger society.

how can it be corrected when the west calls you homophobe for pointing out the fact that gay is perversive affection? Its the age of absurdity. we have turn norms up on its head in the search for absolute pleasure, which is windchasing
Re: Inside Soweto's First Government Gay Clinic - LESSONS by CloudTrees(f): 10:28pm On Sep 19, 2023
justli:

how can it be corrected when the west calls you homophobe for pointing out the fact that gay is perversive affection? Its the age of absurdity. we have turn norms up on its head in the search for absolute pleasure, which is windchasing

I like your command of English. Your sentences are well structured
Re: Inside Soweto's First Government Gay Clinic - LESSONS by MrPRevailer(m): 10:28pm On Sep 19, 2023
From just allow gay healthcare to demands for gay education in schools and that churches wed gay people.

Don't let what happened in USA and Europe happen to Africa.
Re: Inside Soweto's First Government Gay Clinic - LESSONS by justli: 10:35pm On Sep 19, 2023
MajESTHY:
Abnormal things are becoming normal and multitudes are accepting it.
God help me pls.

Expect even worse in the years ahead. Only absolute in in the blood of the lamb can shield us from the evil

1 Like

Re: Inside Soweto's First Government Gay Clinic - LESSONS by Breezy90(m): 10:50pm On Sep 19, 2023
We really do not care what goes on in that dudula hiv infested country.. mod close this thread.
Re: Inside Soweto's First Government Gay Clinic - LESSONS by Chizigreat(m): 11:30pm On Sep 19, 2023
How You Can Obtain The Mercy Of God.

Apostle Joshua Selman

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HcJrIdv5KAA?si=LydXOeGboNTyIV55
Re: Inside Soweto's First Government Gay Clinic - LESSONS by Youngbud: 12:19am On Sep 20, 2023
Gay people always using reverse phycology, calling you names like pretender or homophobe when you denounce them. Crazy assholes!
Re: Inside Soweto's First Government Gay Clinic - LESSONS by chukxie(m): 12:35am On Sep 20, 2023
TMKsouth:
Why would a happily married straight guy be hateful and obsessed with gays? Why are they intimidated? Ask yourselves ladies. Homophobic guys are closet gays.

Guys who are accepting of gays are comfortable in their own skin - homophobes have questions to answer. Always treat them with suspicion. It has been proven over and over again that behind closed doors they engage in homosexual activities.

So I'm a closet terrorist for speaking out against terrorists. A closet criminal for speaking out against criminals. A closet pedophile for speaking out against pedophile. A closet kidnapper for speaking out against kidnappers. I just learnt something new! On a serious note, homosexuals are part of the larger society that we all live in, thus they deserve all the medical care they can get considering how vulnerable (health-wise) some of them are.
Re: Inside Soweto's First Government Gay Clinic - LESSONS by Yankee101: 1:02am On Sep 20, 2023
Flamemignon1:

If you don't know the history then don't speak up on your ignorant thrash,it was because of you straight bigots that made it that way

Sin is sin

Nobody is forcing you to bend over and receive abomination
Re: Inside Soweto's First Government Gay Clinic - LESSONS by TMKsouth: 2:09am On Sep 20, 2023
Timoleon:

So if in Nigeria they don’t ask, that easily tells you that no one is denied healthcare here on the basis of their sexuality. Let me ask though. Do they ask in South Africa what your sexuality is and in the basis of thatdecide wether or not to give healthcare services?

Yes in South Africa you're asked if you engage in male 2 male sex (people are still embarrassed) , that's why we need special clinics like this one.

1 Like

Re: Inside Soweto's First Government Gay Clinic - LESSONS by TMKsouth: 2:12am On Sep 20, 2023
Timoleon:

So if in Nigeria they don’t ask, that easily tells you that no one is denied healthcare here on the basis of their sexuality. Let me ask though. Do they ask in South Africa what your sexuality is and in the basis of that decide wether or not to give healthcare services?

Nigerian men are cavemen stuck in the 800BC.

Dont bring this cavemen mentality to SA - we'll punch it the hell out of you.

1 Like

Re: Inside Soweto's First Government Gay Clinic - LESSONS by tonicyril: 2:29am On Sep 20, 2023
Samantha124:

Hmmm which means the portion of their tax is bn used to erect a asshole refurbishment center for them and them alone?? Then what is their usefulness to humanity?? grin grin
Re: Inside Soweto's First Government Gay Clinic - LESSONS by Flamemignon1(m): 2:53am On Sep 20, 2023
Timoleon:

Gossiping about you is not an isolated event. Nurses gossip about everyone regardless of your sexuality. Few people go for HIV/std testings and one of the reasons is that they don’t want to be topic for the nurses. It has nothing to do with your sexuality. The fact which you are trying to undermine is that you were not denied healthcare.
Oh right, let's normalize gossiping about something that sounds taboo in this country, that's already a stigma, let's just brush over the part where I said my sexual history slipped out and how other patients gave me the "look", the usual victim blaming, perfect Nigerian attitude, gaslight a minority's experience to make themselves feel better. I wasn't denied healthcare but I never felt safe but like I said "straight privilege" has blinded you to the fact that you think everyone enjoy the rights that you do
Re: Inside Soweto's First Government Gay Clinic - LESSONS by Flamemignon1(m): 3:00am On Sep 20, 2023
tonicyril:

Hmmm which means the portion of their tax is bn used to erect a asshole refurbishment center for them and them alone?? Then what is their usefulness to humanity?? grin grin
What is your usefulness to society?
Re: Inside Soweto's First Government Gay Clinic - LESSONS by Flamemignon1(m): 3:09am On Sep 20, 2023
Skyview01:

Oh I see.

I might make no sense to you but have you considered it might make sense to more than 3million other users on Nairaland.

See, nobody is saying it makes no sense except you. Don't you think the problem might lie with you.

How do you know my comments made no sense?

What sense are we talking about here? Can you help me to understand i really want to learn!
Back in the day,you being black made no sense to majority of people, people having twins made no sense to majority of people so when people are raised with certain prejudices,of course it's not gonna make any sense

What made no sense was you adding yourself to the equation like it's about you,what concerns you giving a man a massage with the conversation?
Re: Inside Soweto's First Government Gay Clinic - LESSONS by Dshocker(m): 3:15am On Sep 20, 2023
TMKsouth:
Soweto finally has a health facility that caters for the LGBTQIA+ community.

The centre was launched by the Gauteng Province minister (MEC) for Health and Wellness, Nomantu Nkomo-Ralehoko on Friday, 8 September at Itireleng Clinic in Soweto, Johannesburg.

The health facility will provide the minimum package of health services that are tailored to meet the health needs of population groups considered to be key populations for HIV and STIs.

The facility will focus on providing comprehensive and compassionate care to homosexual men, and men that sleep with other men.

Nkomo-Ralehoko said the purpose of this facility is to provide exclusive health services to the key population who constantly face rejection and mistreatment when accessing health facilities.

She added that this has transformed the lives of key populations by providing them with necessary support, care and empowerment to lead healthy and fulfilling lives.

"One of the notable strengths of this centre lies in the commitment to confidentiality, and non-discrimination. No one will tell other people why you were there in the room consulting. Staff have been sworn into confidentiality," she said.

"We have trained our staff and security guards to take care of these people," she said.

Dr Thulani Mhlongo, one of the key players in ensuring that such facilities are established told the Daily Sun that he is excited that barriers and stigmas will now be broken.

"It is important that we educate our communities and the government about our needs as gay and lesbian people. Gay and lesbian people used to be insulted and called names when they go to the clinics. I'm glad that now they listened to us, and centres are being established to accommodate the members of LGBTQIA+,” said Mhlongo.

Nurse clinician supervisor, Irene Mudau said the patients will be seen at the men’s clinic for consultation with nurse clinicians who have been trained on key populations.

The facility will provide services such as the HIV prevention package including behavioural intervention and pre-exposure prophylaxis. It will also offer HIV testing, counselling, and treatment, condom and lubricant provision, and all related education, just to mention a few.

South Africa was the first country in Africa and the 5th in the world to legalise gay marriage.

https://www.snl24.com/dailysun/news/mec-for-health-and-wellness-nomantu-nkomo-ralehoko-launches-health-centre-for-lgbtqia-community-20230910

Samantha come check if your so called boyfriend patronise this clinic grin
Re: Inside Soweto's First Government Gay Clinic - LESSONS by Metobime(m): 3:30am On Sep 20, 2023
Where is Boborisky in the picture?
Re: Inside Soweto's First Government Gay Clinic - LESSONS by Nobody: 3:45am On Sep 20, 2023
Flamemignon1:

Back in the day,you being black made no sense to majority of people, people having twins made no sense to majority of people so when people are raised with certain prejudices,of course it's not gonna make any sense

What made no sense was you adding yourself to the equation like it's about you,what concerns you giving a man a massage with the conversation?

Its a public forum. Don't you think you have no control over who decides to make a comment or not. You can choose to read or ignore and that is how the public stratosphere works.
Also, other people opinion does not have to neccessarily agree or align with yours.

That is the way its works my friend and I am responding because you are being civil and cordial and I like a good conversation.

The thread for example is not like a personal personal and you don't get to chose who or what comments to be made by anonymous third parties.

You make yours and other's make their's, I have like hundreds of comments for example that I find irrelevant and offensive but I am enlightened enough to realize I have zero control and I just ignore.

That is the way it works on the internet my good friend. Don't take it personal for your health and wellbeing. Lets learn to tolerate others with different opinions.

My last response and enjoy the rest of your day. Its nice chatting with you.
Re: Inside Soweto's First Government Gay Clinic - LESSONS by tonicyril: 3:52am On Sep 20, 2023
Flamemignon1:

What is your usefulness to society?

Everybody is not like you with head filled of elephant dung...

Did I even talk to u abi Satan wan kpain you ni?? An!mal!!
Re: Inside Soweto's First Government Gay Clinic - LESSONS by Nobody: 4:05am On Sep 20, 2023
Dude, since you have issues with it, then contact the SA department of health and ask them these questions.

As for me, I'm done here.
tonicyril:

Re: Inside Soweto's First Government Gay Clinic - LESSONS by MzansiCoolio: 4:56am On Sep 20, 2023
Samantha124:

Dont bother mentioning taxes to Nigerians - they dont know what that is, and those that do dodge it.they want easy life.they think its clever and legitimate to dodge taxes.

1 Like

Re: Inside Soweto's First Government Gay Clinic - LESSONS by BALLOSKI: 5:20am On Sep 20, 2023
Roboto11:
HIV is predominantly in the gay community.
That's why HIV would get a cure very soon. It's affecting a group that's dear to their heart.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Ri Sol-ju: Meet Kim Jong-un's Wife Who Is A Former Cheerleader [PHOTOS] / Joe Biden Meets A Dog Named After Him (Photos) / I Flashed My Underwear To Attract Bill Clinton - Monica Lewinsky

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.