Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,426 members, 7,836,712 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 11:50 AM

Dr. Umoh Michael Dies After Allegedly Working 72 Hours In LUTH - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Dr. Umoh Michael Dies After Allegedly Working 72 Hours In LUTH (41455 Views)

Dr. Umoh Michael did not work for 72 hours - LUTH / My Sister, Debbie, Died In LUTH Due To Lack Of Bed Space - Man Cries Out / ‘My Brother Died In My Arms Due To LUTH's Negligence’, Man Reveals. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dr. Umoh Michael Dies After Allegedly Working 72 Hours In LUTH by LUAN(m): 1:45pm On Sep 20, 2023
Nigeria happen to him, his colleagues don leave the country because of the situation. If you go to government hospital you go pity the remaining doctors wey dey this country

1 Like

Re: Dr. Umoh Michael Dies After Allegedly Working 72 Hours In LUTH by Exceed15: 1:45pm On Sep 20, 2023
That's ridiculous. He may also have underlying sickness and burdened with the crazy work shift again. Nigeria is not working at all

2 Likes

Re: Dr. Umoh Michael Dies After Allegedly Working 72 Hours In LUTH by Moniya4Real(m): 1:46pm On Sep 20, 2023
Bro! I finally believe to have seen someone that shares my belief of Nigerians and the entire Africans suffering. I always tell people that care to listen that “I believe Africans are created to experience the sins of past lives.

Stawner16:
A 72 hour shift is insane. Nigeria is the hell they mentioned in the Bible. Everyone here is probably paying for the sins of a past life cheesy

1 Like

Re: Dr. Umoh Michael Dies After Allegedly Working 72 Hours In LUTH by Okpokpo09: 1:46pm On Sep 20, 2023
Autopsy is needed. Guess they have harvested his kidney unknownly. Yuroba runo can do anything for ritual purpose
Re: Dr. Umoh Michael Dies After Allegedly Working 72 Hours In LUTH by Focusmind: 1:46pm On Sep 20, 2023
There may be other pre existing health conditions. I have seen two doctors died of cardiac arrest.....one in Nigeria and the other in US. My health and work -life- balance was the reason I resigned from the usual 9-5 employee work and went solo to be on my own. I needed to take charge of my health, personal needs and career

5 Likes

Re: Dr. Umoh Michael Dies After Allegedly Working 72 Hours In LUTH by Segzy19: 1:46pm On Sep 20, 2023
RIP young Doc...

But then he should have placed his own health and welfare first. There is no way anyone can deliver good healthcare in such condition. It's either he collapses or he commits medical errors .....

That was unsafe

2 Likes

Re: Dr. Umoh Michael Dies After Allegedly Working 72 Hours In LUTH by frog12: 1:47pm On Sep 20, 2023
why would in go back to CHURCH
can't he go back to rest?
very dumb people !

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dr. Umoh Michael Dies After Allegedly Working 72 Hours In LUTH by juman(m): 1:48pm On Sep 20, 2023
He failed to manage his time well.
He didn't rest enough.
Why he went to church instead of sleeping at home.

3 Likes

Re: Dr. Umoh Michael Dies After Allegedly Working 72 Hours In LUTH by 12inchess: 1:49pm On Sep 20, 2023
Work life balance probably doesn't exist in the program. I mean residency programs are intense anywhere in the world. However, one aspect I noted about this story,if I talk now you people will attack me. After such a long shift, he should have gone to take a rest. But he sha still went to church. Pastors will always threaten members sometimes indirectly attack them if they miss church not knowing what they are going through in other areas of their lives. Or how they are making the money to sustain their livelihood or even donate to the church.At the end of the day, you NEED TO TAKE CARE OF YOURSELF FIRST because nobody really cares.My 2 cents. RIP to him and God comfort his family.

My favorite line has always been. "If you don't pay your tithe, your life will be tight" Come tight am naa. Assistant Jesus.

7 Likes

Re: Dr. Umoh Michael Dies After Allegedly Working 72 Hours In LUTH by kingthreat(m): 1:50pm On Sep 20, 2023
Advocates of doctors to japa, if i hear pim for una mouth ehn??

1 Like

Re: Dr. Umoh Michael Dies After Allegedly Working 72 Hours In LUTH by Nobody: 1:50pm On Sep 20, 2023
Cute Neurosurgeon cry cry cry

He should have rested instead of going to church nah cry cry

2 Likes

Re: Dr. Umoh Michael Dies After Allegedly Working 72 Hours In LUTH by Sleekfingers: 1:51pm On Sep 20, 2023
The 72 hours is way too much.
But he got home in the morning. Chose not to rest. But decided to attend church service.

1 Like

Re: Dr. Umoh Michael Dies After Allegedly Working 72 Hours In LUTH by RomanGreen: 1:52pm On Sep 20, 2023
This is what nepotism, bigotry and tribalism causes, we have told you people to elect competent citizens who will revamp every sector without minding whose Ox is gored, you guys said no that it must be Emilokan Tinubu. The earlier people realize that tribalism and nepotism is terrible when it comes to leadership the better for everyone.
Every sector in this country is in shambles, hope everyone read the part of bullying by senior doctors.

Rest in Peace Dr. God rest your soul

1 Like

Re: Dr. Umoh Michael Dies After Allegedly Working 72 Hours In LUTH by Judolisco(m): 1:52pm On Sep 20, 2023
RepoMan007:
That's why we need to stop large departments for theatre arts, accounting, mass comm, law or zoology and start having bigger medical science departments and faculties. Demand and supply is not only applicable to commodity market. Even Jesus said the harvest is plenty but labourers are few.
na because say medical sch no be beans... If u even get luck enter for 100l, if u knw buckle up dem go weed u... Na nice Idea u bring Sha but... That's d standard

1 Like

Re: Dr. Umoh Michael Dies After Allegedly Working 72 Hours In LUTH by bull67: 1:54pm On Sep 20, 2023
atiku4President:
Work no pay
if the young man japa now, some idiots will be making noise on nairaland

1 Like

Re: Dr. Umoh Michael Dies After Allegedly Working 72 Hours In LUTH by MatrixCircle: 1:54pm On Sep 20, 2023
Work-a-thorn .

R.i.p Dr.

1 Like

Re: Dr. Umoh Michael Dies After Allegedly Working 72 Hours In LUTH by Walz001: 1:55pm On Sep 20, 2023
Well to my own opinion he is not feeling too well and he should know he needs Rest after hours of working

Well my advice while you work take time out to play reat and listen to yourself too

Its very very important

1 Like

Re: Dr. Umoh Michael Dies After Allegedly Working 72 Hours In LUTH by Chicentt(f): 1:55pm On Sep 20, 2023
Japa to biafla
AuntRose:
If he had Japa....
Re: Dr. Umoh Michael Dies After Allegedly Working 72 Hours In LUTH by Nobody: 1:55pm On Sep 20, 2023
This is sad.. cry cry cry
Re: Dr. Umoh Michael Dies After Allegedly Working 72 Hours In LUTH by okoIYAyin(m): 1:55pm On Sep 20, 2023
Stawner16:
A 72 hour shift is insane. Nigeria is the hell they mentioned in the Bible. Everyone here is probably paying for the sins of a past life cheesy
This wasn't supposed to be funny but really cracked me up. You're a bad boy! grin

1 Like

Re: Dr. Umoh Michael Dies After Allegedly Working 72 Hours In LUTH by Georgejeez: 1:57pm On Sep 20, 2023
Instead of him to go home and rest , he still went to Church to meet up with religious standards .

The Church killed him not the Hospital theatre.

That was how one fasted for 2 weeks on the divine instructions of his Daddy G.O then died just after breaking the fast with food ..

Emancipate yourself from religious Slavery O ye Africans

1 Like

Re: Dr. Umoh Michael Dies After Allegedly Working 72 Hours In LUTH by jaxxy(m): 1:58pm On Sep 20, 2023
Wickedness and oppression seems to be the Nigerian system of service.
Re: Dr. Umoh Michael Dies After Allegedly Working 72 Hours In LUTH by Roboto11: 1:59pm On Sep 20, 2023
Man should have gone to bed not the church.

1 Like

Re: Dr. Umoh Michael Dies After Allegedly Working 72 Hours In LUTH by frog12: 1:59pm On Sep 20, 2023
na dem go know GOD. na dem want get closer to GOD. night vigil warriors we no wan rest. sorry to his family !

1 Like

Re: Dr. Umoh Michael Dies After Allegedly Working 72 Hours In LUTH by Nemesis0147(m): 2:00pm On Sep 20, 2023
Ezendimmuo:

After working 72hours
You still went to church??
you can imagine
Some people no dy pity their selves

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dr. Umoh Michael Dies After Allegedly Working 72 Hours In LUTH by blingxx(m): 2:00pm On Sep 20, 2023
Stawner16:

I Don comot hand for anything concerning salary work in this country..

1 Like

Re: Dr. Umoh Michael Dies After Allegedly Working 72 Hours In LUTH by dozymars(m): 2:00pm On Sep 20, 2023
Why should some foolish seniors in these hospitals bully the house officers, this doesn't make sense. They should investigate this.

2 Likes

Re: Dr. Umoh Michael Dies After Allegedly Working 72 Hours In LUTH by quickee: 2:02pm On Sep 20, 2023
Stawner16:

That’s not true. It was not a mistake that we were born as Nigerians. It is the devil that has taken over the seat of the nation. That is why you and I must pray more for the judgement of God to pass through Nigeria. When the judgement of God is upon the earth, people will learn righteousness and do well. Do not forget that the rewards of the wicked cannot be overruled. They will perish here and hereafter. Those who surely make others to cry will not experience the mercy of God except they repent.
My heartfelt condolences to the family of the dead. It’s a pity he was cut short in the middle of a promising career.

2 Likes

Re: Dr. Umoh Michael Dies After Allegedly Working 72 Hours In LUTH by MrOkenwa(m): 2:05pm On Sep 20, 2023
RIP to him.
Going to church after such a long duty is uncalled for, he should know better.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dr. Umoh Michael Dies After Allegedly Working 72 Hours In LUTH by ppogba: 2:07pm On Sep 20, 2023
RepoMan007:
That's why we need to stop large departments for theatre arts, accounting, mass comm, law or zoology and start having bigger medical science departments and faculties. Demand and supply is not only applicable to commodity market. Even Jesus said the harvest is plenty but labourers are few.

I am not aware of any deliberate govt. policy creating a large dept. for the courses you mentioned.
Many students desire medicine but cannot make the admission criteria. Who do you blame for that? Many student gain admission to study medicine but fall by the way side. Who do you blame for that?

The challenge is that most of the teaching hospitals should accept more students that wants to do internship instead of making it difficult. You will be surprised at the number of doctors looking for TH to do their internship.

And finally, no where in the world is the dept. of medicine a place for ALL AND SUNDRY.

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Ways To Get Rid Of Dark Armpits Naturally / Man Attempts Jumping Down From A Mast In Lagos / What Is The Most Embarrassing Moment You Had With A Nurse/Doctor?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.