Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,690 members, 7,816,823 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:55 PM

Dr. Umoh Michael Dies After Allegedly Working 72 Hours In LUTH - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Dr. Umoh Michael Dies After Allegedly Working 72 Hours In LUTH (41393 Views)

Dr. Umoh Michael did not work for 72 hours - LUTH / My Sister, Debbie, Died In LUTH Due To Lack Of Bed Space - Man Cries Out / ‘My Brother Died In My Arms Due To LUTH's Negligence’, Man Reveals. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dr. Umoh Michael Dies After Allegedly Working 72 Hours In LUTH by Khyrvxjzy: 2:08pm On Sep 20, 2023
no be 72 hours kill am, most doctors i know dont sleep but Nigeria should have many doctors and let them do shift
Re: Dr. Umoh Michael Dies After Allegedly Working 72 Hours In LUTH by magzey: 2:08pm On Sep 20, 2023
wittywriter:

Excluding me...shoutout to fellow remote earners.

This worker died due to heart exuastion.

he may still be alive.
No one dies before his time. God has set all of us human on the exact time, day,months and years we will spend in the world ,so your saying is irrelevant. grin grin

Wittyness
Re: Dr. Umoh Michael Dies After Allegedly Working 72 Hours In LUTH by jojothaiv(m): 2:09pm On Sep 20, 2023
AuntRose:
If he had Japa....
He might have the means.

Baba might just be hustling for his japa funds na him death show face.

May God rest his soul.
Re: Dr. Umoh Michael Dies After Allegedly Working 72 Hours In LUTH by phemmyfour: 2:12pm On Sep 20, 2023
AuntRose:
If he had Japa....
Honestly, oyinbo won't allow you to work like that even if you want to
Re: Dr. Umoh Michael Dies After Allegedly Working 72 Hours In LUTH by henrimoto(m): 2:12pm On Sep 20, 2023
Treasure17:
Everything about Nigeria is always somehow. Why on earth someone will be working for 72 hours when you are not contesting for Guinness book of record. It's insane.
I wonder too. I don't know why We keep making Life Over difficult for ourselves in this Country.

See the complain about their senior colleagues towards the junior ones.
Re: Dr. Umoh Michael Dies After Allegedly Working 72 Hours In LUTH by Rosambort(m): 2:13pm On Sep 20, 2023
[quote author=magzey post=125911312][/quote]
Bros show us way too
Re: Dr. Umoh Michael Dies After Allegedly Working 72 Hours In LUTH by olamike02: 2:15pm On Sep 20, 2023
LUTH OR LASUTH🤔
Re: Dr. Umoh Michael Dies After Allegedly Working 72 Hours In LUTH by ppogba: 2:15pm On Sep 20, 2023
RomanGreen:
This is what nepotism, bigotry and tribalism causes, we have told you people to elect competent citizens who will revamp every sector without minding whose Ox is gored, you guys said no that it must be Emilokan Tinubu. The earlier people realize that tribalism and nepotism is terrible when it comes to leadership the better for everyone.
Every sector in this country is in shambles, hope everyone read the part of bullying by senior doctors.

Rest in Peace Dr. God rest your soul

With all due respect to your personal opinion, your first paragraph sounds stupid.

But just to remind you, is it the same Obi that failed to pay doctors as a governor that would have prevented the doctor from the death?
Perhaps, fools like you feel it is the duty of the president to feed doctors and bathe them when on residency.

A new year is approaching. Do not enter into it with this your warped mentality and stupidity.

1 Like

Re: Dr. Umoh Michael Dies After Allegedly Working 72 Hours In LUTH by RepoMan007: 2:17pm On Sep 20, 2023
ppogba:

I am not aware of any deliberate govt. policy creating a large dept. for the courses you mentioned.
Many students desire medicine but cannot make the admission criteria. Who do you blame for that? Many student gain admission to study medicine but fall by the way side. Who do you blame for that?

The challenge is that most of the teaching hospitals should accept more students that wants to do internship instead of making it difficult. You will be surprised at the number of doctors looking for TH to do their internship.

And finally, no where in the world is the dept. of medicine a place for ALL AND SUNDRY.
You have your point but the ones the rich travel to abroad for expensive healthcare probably won't meet those admission criteria. I think it is better they lower the bar a little and train them harder to bridge the number gap. Saying there are no bright minds to study medicine to me is hypocrisy.
Some got marks that deny them entry into one school but enough to be admitted in another school. That tells you the standard isn't a do or die affair but just something Africans in their guest for glory have abused like so many other things.
Lastly, are those denied admission because of standard in specific school worse than quacks that are prevalent in society nowadays?
It is better we review the approach to medical science than all these wastage of resources to train hands we do not need.
Re: Dr. Umoh Michael Dies After Allegedly Working 72 Hours In LUTH by NaMe4: 2:18pm On Sep 20, 2023
Nigeria!

Where there are supposed to be 150 doctors, only 30 will be employed and exploited like Jakis.

Meanwhile, there'd be an army of unemployed doctors, who would be readily employed in other Countries.

I worked like this a few years ago.
Re: Dr. Umoh Michael Dies After Allegedly Working 72 Hours In LUTH by Agugbadin: 2:19pm On Sep 20, 2023
RIP. Sadly Nigeria don't have a well established health and safety department that can from time to time check working conditions of employees in Naija.
Re: Dr. Umoh Michael Dies After Allegedly Working 72 Hours In LUTH by Willie2015: 2:19pm On Sep 20, 2023
Stawner16:
A 72 hour shift is insane. Nigeria is the hell they mentioned in the Bible. Everyone here is probably paying for the sins of a past life cheesy

Very Insane...indeed...
Folks also need to value themselves..
if you are tired.
Take some days off..let them worry...
Any Oga at the top that want to be angry is free to do so...
If they sack you....
Find another job...
If you quench....
the hospital moves on....
Re: Dr. Umoh Michael Dies After Allegedly Working 72 Hours In LUTH by JuanDeDios: 2:19pm On Sep 20, 2023
Stawner16:
A 72 hour shift is insane. Nigeria is the hell they mentioned in the Bible. Everyone here is probably paying for the sins of a past life cheesy
I think so sometimes. It's as if anybody God wants to punish finds their way here.
Re: Dr. Umoh Michael Dies After Allegedly Working 72 Hours In LUTH by Tayorshd87: 2:19pm On Sep 20, 2023
RepoMan007:
That's why we need to stop large departments for theatre arts, accounting, mass comm, law or zoology and start having bigger medical science departments and faculties. Demand and supply is not only applicable to commodity market. Even Jesus said the harvest is plenty but labourers are few.

But not every brain or ability can be in the department..
That's d logic behind the scenes
Re: Dr. Umoh Michael Dies After Allegedly Working 72 Hours In LUTH by RepoMan007: 2:22pm On Sep 20, 2023
Reinaldo:

What a funny take. If you like train one million doctors. Majority of them will still leave if you pay them peanuts while politicians flex around the world
even if 95% leave it will mean cheaper services abroad as supply will reduce demand pressure.
Re: Dr. Umoh Michael Dies After Allegedly Working 72 Hours In LUTH by Light78: 2:23pm On Sep 20, 2023
If you work 72 hours in US, that would be almost 2,000 per hour x 72 hours = 144,000

Here in Nigeria, it's like 81 naira per hour x 72 = about 5, 800.
Re: Dr. Umoh Michael Dies After Allegedly Working 72 Hours In LUTH by blowjohn(m): 2:29pm On Sep 20, 2023
Stawner16:

Insane?
I did almost 5 days while in cardio thoracic unit.

That one small.

My colleagues did 1 full week.

I know house officers currently doing like 1 full month.

Una never seee anything.

1 Like

Re: Dr. Umoh Michael Dies After Allegedly Working 72 Hours In LUTH by frog12: 2:30pm On Sep 20, 2023
why don't you be honest.

Khyrvxjzy:
no be 72 hours kill am, most doctors i know dont sleep but Nigeria should have many doctors and let them do shift
Re: Dr. Umoh Michael Dies After Allegedly Working 72 Hours In LUTH by slowice(m): 2:30pm On Sep 20, 2023
Aswear I for go house... What!?
Re: Dr. Umoh Michael Dies After Allegedly Working 72 Hours In LUTH by frog12: 2:31pm On Sep 20, 2023
you no rest or sleep for work?

blowjohn:

Insane?
I did almost 5 days while in cardio thoracic unit.

That one small.

My colleagues did 1 full week.

I know house officers currently doing like 1 full month.

Una never seee anything.
Re: Dr. Umoh Michael Dies After Allegedly Working 72 Hours In LUTH by Realfrankie(m): 2:38pm On Sep 20, 2023
He's gonna break his record in heaven
Re: Dr. Umoh Michael Dies After Allegedly Working 72 Hours In LUTH by blowjohn(m): 2:38pm On Sep 20, 2023
frog12:
you no rest or sleep for work?

Maybe 1 hour max. A day.... Usually around that kind 4 am or so. Cos patients dey enter hospital around even 2 am.

And by 7 am u must go around dey check all ur patients in ur units before 9am when the consultant arrives.

If ur village people mean u we'll just go enter burns and plastic unit wey u fit get like 40 patients to check round before 9 am.

1 Like

Re: Dr. Umoh Michael Dies After Allegedly Working 72 Hours In LUTH by Blitzking: 2:41pm On Sep 20, 2023
Stawner16:
av done 96 hrs during my time at a stretch..and na punishment.
Re: Dr. Umoh Michael Dies After Allegedly Working 72 Hours In LUTH by Blitzking: 2:44pm On Sep 20, 2023
adioolayi:
Hmmm....

Before we start making comments...

How practicable is it to be on duty officially for 72hrs

Are we saying roasters were made to keep any Dr at work for 72hrs non-stop

I am being careful to understand what happens before one can blame the superiors and authorities for allowing a 72hrs duty roaster to stand!!!
some dr can be on back to back calls for 15days.
Re: Dr. Umoh Michael Dies After Allegedly Working 72 Hours In LUTH by GmoreG: 2:44pm On Sep 20, 2023
72 hours at a stretch# dz z disheartening
Re: Dr. Umoh Michael Dies After Allegedly Working 72 Hours In LUTH by Aaaaarghmed(m): 2:49pm On Sep 20, 2023
Ehyaa and na small boi o.RIP

1 Like

Re: Dr. Umoh Michael Dies After Allegedly Working 72 Hours In LUTH by finallybusy: 2:51pm On Sep 20, 2023
Wahala. At least he died in a worship house. If God exists, that should guarantee him free entry.
Re: Dr. Umoh Michael Dies After Allegedly Working 72 Hours In LUTH by shadesofrhed(m): 2:55pm On Sep 20, 2023
Hi Luth,

This couldn't be further from the truth. You have no clue who Micheal is but will jump at every opportunity to chase clout even if it's fake news. Micheal was last on call Thursday night. So, I'd need you to explain how the 72-hour shift came about. The family is trying to grieve thier son and do not want to have to deal with slanderous misinformation by bloggers like you with no affinity for the truth. Please take this down as we've initiated some legal attempt that might end up costing you if this news stay up here till tomorrow. This is the only warning.
Re: Dr. Umoh Michael Dies After Allegedly Working 72 Hours In LUTH by UptownVibes(m): 3:01pm On Sep 20, 2023
No be work kill am.. Maybe its heart attack. Cux e get people wen dey do hard labour wen dey work those hours or even more.. Maybe the doctor get internal sickness.. Rip to him ..#Justice for Dockinta#
Re: Dr. Umoh Michael Dies After Allegedly Working 72 Hours In LUTH by adioolayi(m): 3:06pm On Sep 20, 2023
Blitzking:
some dr can be on back to back calls for 15days.

With scheduled roaster officially approved

Anyone that prepares or approved such should be tide to drum and shot at openly at firing squad.
Re: Dr. Umoh Michael Dies After Allegedly Working 72 Hours In LUTH by kinkymax: 3:08pm On Sep 20, 2023
adioolayi:
Hmmm....

Before we start making comments...

How practicable is it to be on duty officially for 72hrs

Are we saying roasters were made to keep any Dr at work for 72hrs non-stop

I am being careful to understand what happens it happens my dear… before one can blame the superiors and authorities for allowing a 72hrs duty roaster to stand!!!
very possible… go to uch or any other teaching hospital, doctors do 1week call straight up.. yes it’s that bad… I know cos I’m a doc and I did it too during house job

1 Like

Re: Dr. Umoh Michael Dies After Allegedly Working 72 Hours In LUTH by frog12: 3:08pm On Sep 20, 2023
and your title?
1 hour is too small.
e should have rested more instead of going to church.

blowjohn:

Maybe 1 hour max. A day.... Usually around that kind 4 am or so. Cos patients dey enter hospital around even 2 am.

And by 7 am u must go around dey check all ur patients in ur units before 9am when the consultant arrives.

If ur village people mean u we'll just go enter burns and plastic unit wey u fit get like 40 patients to check round before 9 am.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Stephen Hahn: Chloroquine Has Not Been Approved By FDA / The Malnourished Somalian Girl Is Now A Premedical Student (Photos) / Lasaka Habila, Policeman Electrocuted In Abuja While Cutting Tree

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.