Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,826 members, 7,817,410 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:47 AM

Dr. Umoh Michael Dies After Allegedly Working 72 Hours In LUTH - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Dr. Umoh Michael Dies After Allegedly Working 72 Hours In LUTH (41396 Views)

Dr. Umoh Michael did not work for 72 hours - LUTH / My Sister, Debbie, Died In LUTH Due To Lack Of Bed Space - Man Cries Out / ‘My Brother Died In My Arms Due To LUTH's Negligence’, Man Reveals. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dr. Umoh Michael Dies After Allegedly Working 72 Hours In LUTH by Vision101(m): 3:08pm On Sep 20, 2023
This is a fat lie. He didn't work for 72 hours continuously. It's not possible.
Re: Dr. Umoh Michael Dies After Allegedly Working 72 Hours In LUTH by vickydevoka(m): 3:09pm On Sep 20, 2023
RepoMan007:
That's why we need to stop large departments for theatre arts, accounting, mass comm, law or zoology and start having bigger medical science departments and faculties. Demand and supply is not only applicable to commodity market. Even Jesus said the harvest is plenty but labourers are few.
Exactly. Intelligent
Re: Dr. Umoh Michael Dies After Allegedly Working 72 Hours In LUTH by Blitzking: 3:09pm On Sep 20, 2023
adioolayi:

With scheduled roaster officially approved

Anyone that prepares or approved such should be tide to drum and shot at openly at firing squad.
na chief reg dey approve such countersigned by Hod

1 Like

Re: Dr. Umoh Michael Dies After Allegedly Working 72 Hours In LUTH by vickydevoka(m): 3:11pm On Sep 20, 2023
RepoMan007:
That's why we need to stop large departments for theatre arts, accounting, mass comm, law or zoology and start having bigger medical science departments and faculties. Demand and supply is not only applicable to commodity market. Even Jesus said the harvest is plenty but labourers are few.
In UK the have to bring in vet, medical doctors and nursing from other European country and African as well. Their citizens don't really go into those causes, bcus they are expensive in UK. Government will still take back their money from their salary after schooling. So university is not free
Re: Dr. Umoh Michael Dies After Allegedly Working 72 Hours In LUTH by adioolayi(m): 3:16pm On Sep 20, 2023
kinkymax:
very possible… go to uch or any other teaching hospital, doctors do 1week call straight up.. yes it’s that bad… I know cos I’m a doc and I did it too during house job

Ha!

Why is it that na until something tragic happens...that's when Drs Pressure group will be alive to know they have to go on strike

Why not protest such slavery working conditions...

Na wa o.

So, I can say na the authority killed this young Dr.
Re: Dr. Umoh Michael Dies After Allegedly Working 72 Hours In LUTH by AKWATGOLD1(m): 3:19pm On Sep 20, 2023
The brain drain in the health sector led to death of Dr. on 72hrs call to duty.
Re: Dr. Umoh Michael Dies After Allegedly Working 72 Hours In LUTH by Yankee101: 3:35pm On Sep 20, 2023
This is unfair
Re: Dr. Umoh Michael Dies After Allegedly Working 72 Hours In LUTH by Loisemm2(f): 3:45pm On Sep 20, 2023
NaijaGoBetter2:
RIP

After working for 72hours non-stop he still when to church, so the working house is more than 72hrs because no one go to church to relax................... God is good all the time.

As a medical doctor I believe you should know what is best for you and condition of your health...

Just what I thought. He would have rested that day naa. Haba. RIP to the innocent doc.

1 Like

Re: Dr. Umoh Michael Dies After Allegedly Working 72 Hours In LUTH by TempleHouse: 3:48pm On Sep 20, 2023
So sad 😢

His colleagues are making £72 Pounds per hour and working 37.5 hours per week in the UK
£2700x 4 weeks= £10,800 per month.

I don't know the current exchange rate though
Re: Dr. Umoh Michael Dies After Allegedly Working 72 Hours In LUTH by caye(m): 3:56pm On Sep 20, 2023
I think the ppl running the western medical systems , which we have all adopted as the orthodox...are psychopaths.

How in God's name, will someone work even 24hrs? Naturally, your body starts to shut down. Even well trained soldiers cannot continue to fight a war non-stop for 48 hrs, without battle fatigue setting in...unless under the influence of pure amphetamines.
Maybe the senior doctors are hard drug users secretly, maybe they are telling the younger doctors indirectly to be under the influence of drugs. Either Way, you will breed killers and complete psychopaths with no human emotions, rather than healers.

That's why we Africans need to blend our rooted western medical practices with our traditional Kemetic and Afro medical principles, just like the Japanese, if we do not want to end up like the accursed western world.

1 Like

Re: Dr. Umoh Michael Dies After Allegedly Working 72 Hours In LUTH by Gee64: 4:04pm On Sep 20, 2023
The system in my country needs an overhaul.

Rest in peace doctor!

Wait oh, but I thought doctors don't die prematurely. shocked
Re: Dr. Umoh Michael Dies After Allegedly Working 72 Hours In LUTH by SonofHim: 4:17pm On Sep 20, 2023
So sad. May his soul rest in peace. House officers in some centers are on call everyday of the month...I mean 24 hour call from 1st to last day of the month. That's how bad things have deteriorated. During Covid I did a 6 week call in accident and emergency unit
Re: Dr. Umoh Michael Dies After Allegedly Working 72 Hours In LUTH by bandOFhorses: 4:37pm On Sep 20, 2023
Stawner16:
A 72 hour shift is insane. Nigeria is the hell they mentioned in the Bible. Everyone here is probably paying for the sins of a past life cheesy

:😂😂😂😂😂😂
Re: Dr. Umoh Michael Dies After Allegedly Working 72 Hours In LUTH by Nobody: 4:43pm On Sep 20, 2023
Islie:

https://guardian.ng/news/doctor-dies-after-allegedly-working-72-hours-in-luth/

Now I know why most doctors are also in the game of abusing substance. I guess it's to withstand the stress. The stress is just too much. I once had a medical friend who was always popping pills to manage stress and also sleep.

1 Like

Re: Dr. Umoh Michael Dies After Allegedly Working 72 Hours In LUTH by Basher8583: 4:51pm On Sep 20, 2023
AuntRose:
If he had Japa....

Its super worse there. They just cant complain because of the "I told you so" factor.
Re: Dr. Umoh Michael Dies After Allegedly Working 72 Hours In LUTH by yusluvad(m): 4:58pm On Sep 20, 2023
Pathetic!
Re: Dr. Umoh Michael Dies After Allegedly Working 72 Hours In LUTH by yusluvad(m): 4:58pm On Sep 20, 2023
Basher8583:

Its super worse there. They just cant complain because of the "I told you so" factor.
Hmmmm
Re: Dr. Umoh Michael Dies After Allegedly Working 72 Hours In LUTH by blowjohn(m): 5:06pm On Sep 20, 2023
frog12:
and your title?
1 hour is too small.
e should have rested more instead of going to church.

Title as in?
Well am not to judge him about his activities.
Am only letting u know how rampamt how long working hours is in our hospitals
Re: Dr. Umoh Michael Dies After Allegedly Working 72 Hours In LUTH by blowjohn(m): 5:07pm On Sep 20, 2023
caye:
I think the ppl running the western medical systems , which we have all adopted as the orthodox...are psychopaths.

How in God's name, will someone work even 24hrs? Naturally, your body starts to shut down. Even well trained soldiers cannot continue to fight a war non-stop for 48 hrs, without battle fatigue setting in...unless under the influence of pure amphetamines.
Maybe the senior doctors are hard drug users secretly, maybe they are telling the younger doctors indirectly to be under the influence of drugs. Either Way, you will breed killers and complete psychopaths with no human emotions, rather than healers.

That's why we Africans need to blend our rooted western medical practices with our traditional Kemetic and Afro medical principles, just like the Japanese, if we do not want to end up like the accursed western world.

Oga we work for days. Av had to work for 4 straight days before. Na normal things
Re: Dr. Umoh Michael Dies After Allegedly Working 72 Hours In LUTH by fostermd(m): 5:17pm On Sep 20, 2023
During my internship at General Hospital, Ikeja( now LASUTH) in 1998/1999,we were doing 80 hours call duty during Surgery posting. Working from Friday morning till Monday evening!

You will still assist with few surgeries during the call duty. Sometimes,upto 6 to 8 surgeries including other minor procedures of suturing lacerations.

It was so stressful I developed peptic ulcer requiring sick leave and treatment. The stress level was huge.

During obstetrics gynaecology posting,the duration was 24 hours or 36 hours but very stressful. We get to carry out about 6 to 10 surgeries in addition to supervising delivery of babies in the labour ward.You monitor progress of labour,take deliveries and repair episiotomy or cervical lacerations. You carry out emergency caesarean sections,ruptured ectopic pregnancy, complicated fibroid cases abd our theatre day is the day after the team is on call.This theatre day is when we carry out elective/ scheduled surgeries and procedures. Typically,we have 4 to 5 surgeries booked for these days,then add these to the number of surgeries that come up as emergencies during call duty.

The pay is poor,terrible working conditions,no accommodation and access to food whilst on call etc.

I salute any doctor or medical professional working in Nigeria.God bless naija.

1 Like

Re: Dr. Umoh Michael Dies After Allegedly Working 72 Hours In LUTH by Benrosaria(m): 5:25pm On Sep 20, 2023
They are stupid. Their mates dey do straight one week surgery with no food. Passion is life
Re: Dr. Umoh Michael Dies After Allegedly Working 72 Hours In LUTH by drlateef: 5:43pm On Sep 20, 2023
AuntRose:
If he had Japa....

Or may be if had started business? 🤔
Re: Dr. Umoh Michael Dies After Allegedly Working 72 Hours In LUTH by frog12: 6:10pm On Sep 20, 2023
title in hospital. are you in housemanship?

blowjohn:

Title as in?
Well am not to judge him about his activities.
Am only letting u know how rampamt how long working hours is in our hospitals
Re: Dr. Umoh Michael Dies After Allegedly Working 72 Hours In LUTH by blowjohn(m): 6:14pm On Sep 20, 2023
frog12:
title in hospital. are you in housemanship?

Oh. Done with housemanship
Re: Dr. Umoh Michael Dies After Allegedly Working 72 Hours In LUTH by DonroxyII: 6:39pm On Sep 20, 2023
Stawner16:
A 72 hour shift is insane. Nigeria is the hell they mentioned in the Bible. Everyone here is probably paying for the sins of a past life cheesy
Aswear to God, This is My Conclusions... I hope we just finish paying the sins in this present generation so the next generation can have something better than today!
Re: Dr. Umoh Michael Dies After Allegedly Working 72 Hours In LUTH by Solidex(m): 7:10pm On Sep 20, 2023
It has always been like this since time immemorial. 72hrs on call in even mild relative to what some house officers and Regs go through in some teaching hospitals.
I still remember doing a marathon 2weeks call as a house officer in paedo surgery unit UNTH. It was my last rotation and the excuse for that was simply because there wasn't a replacement available for me, so I had to remain in the unit till a new officer was posted.
As a house officer, your choices are limited, you just have to obey your superiors at all cost. Any show of objection to your call comes with a consequence.
You dare not, less you might earn your self more compulsory calls or extension of your stay in the unit. Although as a mart guy, you shouldnt sacrifice for life for the job, do your best and occasionally sneak out to catch your breath.
Rip to a brother in the struggle.
He died for humanity.
Re: Dr. Umoh Michael Dies After Allegedly Working 72 Hours In LUTH by emmansus(f): 7:11pm On Sep 20, 2023
Doctor wey dey advice us to dey always rest,refuse to rest.na wa o,WHAT AN IRONY.
Re: Dr. Umoh Michael Dies After Allegedly Working 72 Hours In LUTH by RomanGreen: 7:35pm On Sep 20, 2023
ppogba:

With all due respect to your personal opinion, your first paragraph sounds stupid.

But just to remind you, is it the same Obi that failed to pay doctors as a governor that would have prevented the doctor from the death?
Perhaps, fools like you feel it is the duty of the president to feed doctors and bathe them when on residency.

A new year is approaching. Do not enter into it with this your warped mentality and stupidity.

Your entire family is obviously stuupid. Starting from you up to your useless father and mother. How dare you huh? Devil punish you. You think everyone is as tribalistic and disgusted as you? Shameless urrrchhin. Waka

You will continue to suffer and see shege pro max banza till all of you decide to have sense
Re: Dr. Umoh Michael Dies After Allegedly Working 72 Hours In LUTH by ppogba: 8:42pm On Sep 20, 2023
RomanGreen:

Your entire family is obviously stuupid. Starting from you up to your useless father and mother. How dare you huh? Devil punish you. You think everyone is as tribalistic and disgusted as you? Shameless urrrchhin. Waka

You will continue to suffer and see shege pro max banza till all of you decide to have sense

Accept my sincerest sympathies.
Re: Dr. Umoh Michael Dies After Allegedly Working 72 Hours In LUTH by MartinsD12(m): 8:57pm On Sep 20, 2023
Islie:

https://guardian.ng/news/doctor-dies-after-allegedly-working-72-hours-in-luth/
Stress can kill but unfortunately my African people don't care about that , that's why you find in white man's land they work in hours , imagine working 3 days straight non stop even if na generator it must break down
Re: Dr. Umoh Michael Dies After Allegedly Working 72 Hours In LUTH by RomanGreen: 9:20pm On Sep 20, 2023
ppogba:

Accept my sincerest sympathies.

Oh my, that really hit you man...awwn! Now run along boy!
Re: Dr. Umoh Michael Dies After Allegedly Working 72 Hours In LUTH by freemanq(m): 9:45pm On Sep 20, 2023
Nigeria why ?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

The Malnourished Somalian Girl Is Now A Premedical Student (Photos) / Stephen Hahn: Chloroquine Has Not Been Approved By FDA / A 21-year-old Man Who Drank 4 Energy Drinks A Day Hospitalized

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.