Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,194 members, 7,822,030 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:40 AM

Naira Keeps Depreciating Against USD - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Naira Keeps Depreciating Against USD (43063 Views)

Naira Continues Appreciation Against USD At Forex Market / The Fast Depreciating Power Of Our Naira, Which Way Nigeria? - Prof Ezeilo / See Why The Nigeria Naira Is Rapidly Depreciating Against The Dollar (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Naira Keeps Depreciating Against USD by sotall(m): 2:41pm On Sep 20, 2023
ElSudani:

If you channel this energy into making something you and your neighbors can use you would have done your own bit in support of the naira.
All these cries on the internet is not going to help no matter who is in Aso rock.

Hence i am currently in a better place earning in hard currency

3 Likes

Re: Naira Keeps Depreciating Against USD by ElSudani: 2:43pm On Sep 20, 2023
ArcSEMPECJ:
The only wide option is to start looking for dollar paying jobs ......

Naira has crashed bitterly under Hausa Fulanis and Agbado Yoruba successive governments......

How can you leave the business economy of NIGERIA out of the game and think you will flourish greatly?
Time will tell anyway......ahead ahead

Obi and his container merchants have no idea of their own contributions to the decline of the naira.
They always create a mess and expect others to clean it up.

2 Likes

Re: Naira Keeps Depreciating Against USD by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 2:43pm On Sep 20, 2023
Foodempire:
Just so you know, small corolla is now 4.7m/5m. So as you change your dollars, you will spend more to buy your dream assets.

You sef

He is earning dollars whose value is fairly stable.

While naira value keep dropping like heavy rain

So nothing concern am with increment of corolla price, na person wey dey earn naira, that your message is meant for.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naira Keeps Depreciating Against USD by ElSudani: 2:45pm On Sep 20, 2023
sotall:

Hence i am currently in a better place earning in hard currency

Good for you, there are millions of Nigerians doing exactly the same thing but apparently if your dollar earnings doesn't benefit Nigeria then you need to count yourself out.

1 Like

Re: Naira Keeps Depreciating Against USD by fijihems: 2:46pm On Sep 20, 2023
Naira is depreciating against every currency in the market and the government appears to have a clue about the solution. Perhaps the government does not see it as a problem. May God save us in this country called Nigeria. Every successive regime only brings about harder punishment and for the people.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naira Keeps Depreciating Against USD by MT: 2:47pm On Sep 20, 2023
If only we are a producing country, exporters will be laughing to the bank.

Do you think the United States is happy right now that dollar is becoming stronger against other currencies?

Can't you see the curse to UK a a result of pounds sterling being too strong a currency?

Do you understand the wisdom in Chinese govt artificially depreciating Yuan?

Only the educated with sound analytical minds, and intellectual of note can relate to what I just typed.

2 Likes

Re: Naira Keeps Depreciating Against USD by emmanuelbrown26: 2:48pm On Sep 20, 2023
festacman:
President Tinubu do something fast to revitalize the economy. Roll out policies, programs and incentive packages to encourage SMEs and industrialization. The economy need to be production-driven than consumption-driven as it is presently. We need to deliberately export more than we import.

One thing about leadership is that, u don't give what u don't hv.
U see, right from time, Tinubu never had any programme or blueprint. All he wanted was power and more power.
When Tinubu was busy dodging debate and telling us whether na "statistics we go chop" una begin dey clap and Hail him.
U can't tell me that u need a job without going for an interview, even ordinary security job requires interview, some big security outfits even allows u to write test.
Then, Tinubu's ego won't allow him to seek for good brain from d opposition. I remember when late yaradua made his first speech, he told d whole world that d election that brought him in was fraudulent and he want all to work together, which really torched d dullard from d aura as d opposition then.

9 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Naira Keeps Depreciating Against USD by Landowner101(m): 2:51pm On Sep 20, 2023
SpecialAdviser:
I thought one pastor said it will be 1 naira to 1 dollar? Abi na another APC scam?

Maybe when they denominate naira

1 Like

Re: Naira Keeps Depreciating Against USD by obaidan: 2:52pm On Sep 20, 2023
Austindark:
This is the main problem. This should be a reason to protest.

But the Nigerian youths are now allowing themselves to be distracted by Naira Marley's
alleged involvement in Mohbad's death and the politicians will exploit it.

When you see Politicians showing sudden sympathy, just know that they stand to profit something in whatever way.

You can also start that one.....everyone won't be on the road for the same thing.....i am sure less than 10% of naija young people were on the road for mohbad....the remaining 90% should stand up for something too....something like depreciation of dollar......let's stop cancelling people because they are passionate about something different from what we are passionate about, these ones that took to the street now for mohbad, if their agitations worked and killers were brought to justice, the society will become a little bit cleaner for you and i that did not take to the street, our employers may even see that it is risky for them to bully us at work, you and i can also take to the street to express dissatisfaction with something else like this exchange rate.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Naira Keeps Depreciating Against USD by sulaak(m): 2:55pm On Sep 20, 2023
Austindark:

But the Nigerian youths are now allowing themselves to be distracted by Naira Marley's

When you see Politicians showing sudden sympathy, know that they stand to profit something in whatever way.

The current Nigerian youth are beyond useless, wasting time on BBNaija, Cooking records, the NairaMaley-Mohad incident, Tinubu certificate issue. Nigerian youths are only interested in unimportant matters, irrelevant to their well-being.

Nigeria's currency is weak because the country is unproductive. Since APC (Buhari-Tinubu) became the president, Oil export has fallen below 2 million barrels daily production , due to under-investment and stealing.

Agriculture production has also fallen due to Fulani militant insurgencies that have disrupted the agriculture supply chain, hence the need for dollars for import goods.

Why did Buhari fail to complete the repair of a single refinery despite eight years in government and who is behind the stealing of crude oil ? This should be the fundament issues that Nigerians should be interested in

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naira Keeps Depreciating Against USD by sencekompis: 3:00pm On Sep 20, 2023
God will punish ABOKI FX bad people running Nigeria down daily
Re: Naira Keeps Depreciating Against USD by Moony45: 3:01pm On Sep 20, 2023
Austindark:

When you see Politicians showing sudden sympathy, just know that they stand to profit something in whatever way.
Is dollar your legal tender?
Re: Naira Keeps Depreciating Against USD by BabaIbo: 3:01pm On Sep 20, 2023
pocohantas:
Tinubu's government is favouring me and my family. I hope it is favouring his minions too.

I needed to change some FX to pay my cousin's fees. In the three days I took to make up my mind, it added almost N15. I was really impressed with Tinubu. Many remote workers would buy GLE at the rate FX is going.

If Tinubu comes for second term, I just might vote him. He is my sureman. grin

For the first time we go agree on something...

Make me sef dust my PC, begin work remotely o.
Re: Naira Keeps Depreciating Against USD by ArcSEMPECJ(m): 3:01pm On Sep 20, 2023
ElSudani:

Obi and his container merchants have no idea of their own contributions to the decline of the naira.

Leave Obi alone....it is the duty of the Government to give us a stable economy and not the duty of individuals in a private sector....

If fighting and sharing money during campaign is worth the need to be in that position, then let whoever is there prove otherwise than heaping blames...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naira Keeps Depreciating Against USD by Osoboshi: 3:01pm On Sep 20, 2023
MS247:

I tell you

Earn money in Dollars and you are a big boy

Since floating of Naira I dey pray for Tinubu every day

Earn dollars and stop complaining

Start Forex trading
Start Affiliate marketing
Start freelancing
Publish an Ebook
Make YouTube video
Create a blog
Become a Digital assistant
Become an online customer care
Become a graphics designer

how does forex trading work
Re: Naira Keeps Depreciating Against USD by Swissli(f): 3:02pm On Sep 20, 2023
Till Date I Still Don't Understand How This Affects Us

1 Like

Re: Naira Keeps Depreciating Against USD by wittywriter: 3:03pm On Sep 20, 2023
Rosambort:

Bros please show us way
Saw your email request can you kindly tell me why you reachedout?.

Wittyness
Re: Naira Keeps Depreciating Against USD by MS247: 3:04pm On Sep 20, 2023
Osoboshi:
how does forex trading work

You speculate on a currency pair and make profit on open and closing prices of it's exchange value
Re: Naira Keeps Depreciating Against USD by LZAA: 3:05pm On Sep 20, 2023
๐Ÿ˜„๐Ÿ˜„๐Ÿ˜„๐Ÿ˜„
Re: Naira Keeps Depreciating Against USD by SalamRushdie: 3:07pm On Sep 20, 2023
Nigeria is a lost cause ..let's admit it

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naira Keeps Depreciating Against USD by LZAA: 3:08pm On Sep 20, 2023
ElSudani:

He and his "container merchants " are the reason you have a phone to post this cra*p here
Not to mention the shoes and clothes you own
Your blind and quite frankly stupid tribalism will not let you reason properly but hey no problem
๐Ÿ˜„๐Ÿ˜„

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Naira Keeps Depreciating Against USD by BabaIbo: 3:08pm On Sep 20, 2023
imoh4king:

Bro, you just expressed my mind. Am going back into Forex. Those days, when I conveniently made $50 in two or three trades, it wasn't much to withdraw,

But now,

$50 is almost N50,000.

Bro, Forex here I come.

I have a PC I abandoned at home all these while, no matter how busy I am, I must start remote job, anyone at all as long as I get paid in dollars.

Bia, where is that my hanky, dust this PC for me osiso.

3 Likes

Re: Naira Keeps Depreciating Against USD by ElSudani: 3:08pm On Sep 20, 2023
ArcSEMPECJ:

Leave Obi alone....it is the duty of the Government to give us a stable economy and not the duty of individuals in a private sector....

If fighting and sharing money during campaign is worth the need to be in that position, then let whoever is there prove otherwise than heaping blames...

It is the duty of every Nigerian to sustain a stable economy. Government can certainly provide the framework. Imagine what the uproar would be today if government should ban the importation of ketchup,liquor and other jagbajantis Obi import to stock his next to nothing retail operation.
There are thousands like this who doesn't contribute anything significant to the economy but they cry the loudest.
Re: Naira Keeps Depreciating Against USD by nkwoemeka(m): 3:09pm On Sep 20, 2023
How our naira has fallen, what a shame, this is what happens when we allow ourselves to practice ethnic and religious politics, thereby voting incompetent rulers to be at the helm of this country,

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naira Keeps Depreciating Against USD by AkuOlisa: 3:09pm On Sep 20, 2023
[color=#006600][/color]
Austindark:

Protest what ?

So that tomorrow when hoodlums invade the Protest it will now be turn into tribal war and as usual we know the tribe that will be used as scapegoat.

1 Like

Re: Naira Keeps Depreciating Against USD by ElSudani: 3:11pm On Sep 20, 2023
LZAA:

He and his "container merchants " are the reason you have a phone to post this cra*p here
Not to mention the shoes and clothes you own
Your blind and quite frankly stupid tribalism will not let you reason properly but hey no problem
๐Ÿ˜„๐Ÿ˜„

Absolute nonsense. If I have the opportunity all of these rubbish importers will cease to get a single dollar from the country.
Re: Naira Keeps Depreciating Against USD by AkuOlisa: 3:12pm On Sep 20, 2023
[color=#006600][/color]
DrChukki:
When the economy was crashing under Buhari, APC supporters called us all sorts of names anytime we complain.

Let's not worry... APC is the best thing to happen to Nigeria

If naira likes let it be 2k per dollar... Not my business

I earn in dollars and I support Peter Obi

They are indeed teaching some people political lessons.....

1 Like

Re: Naira Keeps Depreciating Against USD by BabaIbo: 3:13pm On Sep 20, 2023
visaclick:
any idea one can invest in dollar, letโ€™s discuss is you have it.

Bro, please tag me along when you find one idea on how to go about that.

2 Likes

Re: Naira Keeps Depreciating Against USD by Kukutente23: 3:15pm On Sep 20, 2023
Fcwilly:
General Sanni Abacha inherited the naira at 82 naira left it at 84 naira with professor Aluko as the man behind the economy, despite all the international sanctions the government faced but here is the democracy that we'll all clamouring for that economy suppose to boom it's now as if someone pushed the naira off the ladder from up.
Well, someone did
They called out floating the naira to unify the exchange rates
Instead of the naira to swim, it just drowned

2 Likes

Re: Naira Keeps Depreciating Against USD by hammerFC: 3:17pm On Sep 20, 2023
Elgorny:
Dollar is fast approaching #1k due to the dollar scarcity in the forex Market. F1000 central African cfa is #1450 at the parallel market as of today sep 20. Something very urgent needs to be done to rescue naira... change de bureau members are rushing to the neighboring countries as far as Chad Cameroon RCA to get access to dollar

REMOVE TINUBU

1 Like

Re: Naira Keeps Depreciating Against USD by socialmediaman: 3:25pm On Sep 20, 2023
MS247:

I tell you

Earn money in Dollars and you are a big boy

Since floating of Naira I dey pray for Tinubu every day

Earn dollars and stop complaining

Start Forex trading
Start Affiliate marketing
Start freelancing
Publish an Ebook
Make YouTube video
Create a blog
Become a Digital assistant
Become an online customer care
Become a graphics designer

Even in countries like China and India, the greater percentages (more than 70%) of the population are into low skilled jobs.

They are not skilled enough to pursue careers in the areas you mentioned. They work in factories, farms, production lines etc that donโ€™t need higher level skills and education.
Re: Naira Keeps Depreciating Against USD by 1Dray(m): 3:25pm On Sep 20, 2023
Mayeldah:

bros add visuals grin grin grin grin

Which kind visuals? I go like add am

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Femi Otedola's 'Simple Dressing'. Billionaire Replies Man (Photo) / Lagos Shop Allows Oyinbo Man Walk Away With N200k Worth Of Goods Without Payment / Innocent Chukwuma Rejects EFCC Release, Refuses To Leave Custody

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.