Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,244 members, 7,818,833 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:17 AM

Naira Keeps Depreciating Against USD - Business (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Naira Keeps Depreciating Against USD (43049 Views)

Naira Continues Appreciation Against USD At Forex Market / The Fast Depreciating Power Of Our Naira, Which Way Nigeria? - Prof Ezeilo / See Why The Nigeria Naira Is Rapidly Depreciating Against The Dollar (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Naira Keeps Depreciating Against USD by MS247: 4:15pm On Sep 20, 2023
nony43:

I will like to start Web design and graphic design How do I go about it?.

Download Sololearn app, Udemy , learn HTML app and start from there

2 Likes

Re: Naira Keeps Depreciating Against USD by DND069: 4:17pm On Sep 20, 2023
nony43:

I will like to start Web design and graphic design How do I go about it?.

Go to udemy, you will see courses on Web designing. Then check YouTube and download them.

Get a system, WiFi router and then you are good to go.

1 Like

Re: Naira Keeps Depreciating Against USD by TOMMYS: 4:18pm On Sep 20, 2023
Fcwilly:
General Sanni Abacha inherited the naira at 82 naira left it at 84 naira with professor Aluko as the man behind the economy, despite all the international sanctions the government faced but here is the democracy that we'll all clamouring for that economy suppose to boom it's now as if someone pushed the naira off the ladder from up.

For now na only Obi and Al mustapha fit do am.

Any other president wey don set foot for USA. UK. France. Pre election. No fit any govt refinery
Re: Naira Keeps Depreciating Against USD by MT: 4:21pm On Sep 20, 2023
UnfairLife7:
They absolutely do. I live in Lagos and most sophisticated building in my area are owned by abroad base Nigerians. In every 10 building in my area, 8 is owned by abroadians. I mean sophisticated building that when you see you'd wish to own it.

I know they work to have £1 but that cannot get them anything over there just as #1 is useless to us here.

While I wouldn't desire to change the trajectory of the discourse, permit me to drop one or two messages. It seems you haven't been outside the country before and trust me, I was not been condescending.

Most people you see building edifice in Nigeria from abroad are into crimes. I didn't say all but most. I know some people will come to attack me but that's the fact.

Most people are slaving from multiple jobs and are lowly paid. After paying their bills, little remains. Now , how will such afford even a plot of land in prime areas or afford to build overly sophisticated structure.

I repeat, that one pound is earned with absolute sweat and blood

2 Likes

Re: Naira Keeps Depreciating Against USD by smalldivk111: 4:26pm On Sep 20, 2023
ChronicGp:
I love this News 😍
You be yahoo boy?

1 Like

Re: Naira Keeps Depreciating Against USD by imbless: 4:28pm On Sep 20, 2023
Moony45:
Is dollar your legal tender?
when the value of ur legal tender is depreciating against other currencies, it means that ur economy is flopping, it causes hyperinflation and makes people to suffer!! So WTF are you saying?

3 Likes

Re: Naira Keeps Depreciating Against USD by UnfairLife7(m): 4:41pm On Sep 20, 2023
MT:

While I wouldn't desire to change the trajectory of the discourse, permit me to drop one or two messages. It seems you haven't been outside the country before and trust me, I was not been condescending.

Most people you see building edifice in Nigeria from abroad are into crimes. I
didn't say all but most. I know some people will come to attack me but that's the fact.

Most people are slaving from multiple jobs and are lowly paid. After paying their bills, little remains. Now , how will such afford even a plot of land in prime areas or afford to build overly sophisticated structure.

I repeat, that one pound is earned with absolute sweat and blood
Abroad is not Nigeria that an average Nigerians are into cyber fraud while their leaders share their common wealth amongst themselves. Most developed nations are miles ahead of all Africa nations combine. I have a course mate back in school whose uncle base in US. This course mate of mine live large in school compare to the rest of us courtesy his uncle. His uncle come to Nigeria every December and return back January. I laugh at some of you guys in the other thread claiming abroadians are stucked up. You can't get stucked up if you relocate legally.

Family that wouldn't feel the hardship in this country are those who had siblings abroad. Like i said earlier, £1 can give someone a descent meal in some area in Nigeria. #1 will get you nothing in Nigeria and in diaspora but £1 will get you something in Nigeria. This simple analogy is to tell you that Nigeria is truly a developing nation compare to a developed nation.

If you believe most abroadians are into crime for them to have remitted billions to their families then you need to check yourself.

If you don't know, when dollar and naira was the same, people do not fancy abroad. Our weak currency is a factor influencing people

A £1 can give you a descent meal in naija

5 Likes

Re: Naira Keeps Depreciating Against USD by clerkent(m): 4:51pm On Sep 20, 2023
3RNEST:
grin join my WhatsApp group let's make money online via survey, will be training u on how to earn from email survey site...link on signature.

Link not working
Re: Naira Keeps Depreciating Against USD by Bringbackmandat: 4:51pm On Sep 20, 2023
Austindark:
This is the main problem. This should be a reason to protest.

But the Nigerian youths are now allowing themselves to be distracted by Naira Marley's
alleged involvement in Mohbad's death and the politicians will exploit it.

When you see Politicians showing sudden sympathy, just know that they stand to profit something in whatever way.
the day your love one will be killed and buried like a dog then you will understand. The other issue is also important but let me ask you: How many times have you gone out for protest this year since NLC has been organising protest?

1 Like

Re: Naira Keeps Depreciating Against USD by ThiefnubuBandit(f): 4:53pm On Sep 20, 2023
Foolish idiotic Tilumbu online miscreants are avoiding this thread. Bastards!
Re: Naira Keeps Depreciating Against USD by finallybusy: 4:54pm On Sep 20, 2023
Austindark:

But the Nigerian youths are now allowing themselves to be distracted by Naira Marley's

When you see Politicians showing sudden sympathy, just know that they stand to profit something in whatever way.
Abeg, life is not about worrying about the government. Mohbad died. Let’s use it as a distraction. Soccer and worship which 99.9% of Nigerians enjoy are never viewed as distractions. It’s whatever else our people point fingers at. If I too put government wahala for head, na market straight.
Re: Naira Keeps Depreciating Against USD by MT: 4:55pm On Sep 20, 2023
UnfairLife7:
Abroad is not Nigeria that an average Nigerians are into cyber fraud while their leaders share their common wealth amongst themselves. Most developed nations are miles ahead of all Africa nations combine. I have a course mate back in school whose uncle base in US. This course mate of mine live large in school compare to the rest of us courtesy his uncle. His uncle come to Nigeria every December and return back January. I laugh at some of you guys in the other thread claiming abroadians are stucked up. You can't get stucked up if you relocate legally.

Family that wouldn't feel the hardship in this country are those who had siblings abroad. Like i said earlier, £1 can give someone a descent meal in some area in Nigeria. #1 will get you nothing in Nigeria and in diaspora but £1 will get you something in Nigeria. This simple analogy is to tell you that Nigeria is truly a developing nation compare to a developed nation.

If you believe most abroadians are into crime for them to have remitted billions to their families then you need to check yourself.

If you don't know, when dollar and naira was the same, people do not fancy abroad. Our weak currency is a factor influencing people

A £1 can give you a descent meal in naija

You based your argument on hear say,I base mine on first hand information. If you know how much the US govt lost to cyber crime during covid and how much their corporation keeps losing, you will marvel. Lot of fraudsters operate there as citizens. I understand you. You have this traditional belief that most citizens are rich. Sorry to bust your bubble, most citizens are below the poverty line

You think the same effort you use to earn one pound is the same you will use to earn one naira. You even said one pound is useless to them.

You have a flawed expectation of outside the country and I will rest my argument here with you.

1 Like

Re: Naira Keeps Depreciating Against USD by finallybusy: 4:55pm On Sep 20, 2023
A way to stop youths from the japa syndrome. So far politicians travel out, our youths will do the same.
Re: Naira Keeps Depreciating Against USD by imoh4king(m): 5:00pm On Sep 20, 2023
DrChukki:

Bro, are you in Abj let me host you... If you see me I know you can't talk... Na NL cause am.

If you get moral, hit me up let's meet.

If I look broke, snap me and post me on your social media...

Am up to the task.

Firstly, let me find out the cost implication for accomodation at Nicon Luxury Hotel, Abuja for maybe for 5 days so that I can snap you through out that period at different location plus 2 meals per day thru out the 5 days plus chartered cab made available by the Hotel.

Pls, can I include the expenses of atleast 3 Oloshos....

Will send cost with miscellaneous to you. Drop mobile no abeg..

1 Like

Re: Naira Keeps Depreciating Against USD by 10kgod(m): 5:03pm On Sep 20, 2023
Just the beginning grin
Re: Naira Keeps Depreciating Against USD by Acidosis(m): 5:10pm On Sep 20, 2023
It's expected.
Re: Naira Keeps Depreciating Against USD by Emola12(m): 5:15pm On Sep 20, 2023
My fellow Yoruba brothers will not say anything now so far their grandfather tinubu is there they will continue to defend him for bad things awon oloriburuku eda eyan jatijati oshi alaini lakaye

1 Like

Re: Naira Keeps Depreciating Against USD by UnfairLife7(m): 5:20pm On Sep 20, 2023
MT:

You based your argument on hear say,I base mine on first hand information. If you know how much the US govt lost to cyber crime during covid and how much their corporation keeps losing, you will marvel. Lot of fraudsters operate there as citizens. I understand you. You have this traditional belief that most citizens are rich. Sorry to bust your bubble, most citizens are below the poverty line

You think the same effort you use to earn one pound is the same you will use to earn one naira. You even said one pound is useless to them.

You have a flawed expectation of outside the country and I will rest my argument here with you.
How do you mean by hearsay please? Like we don't have uncles, aunties, friends and neighbours there? Like we don't see the buildings and businesses they owned here? Like we don't know a£1 will feed an average Nigerian? Like we don't know your corrupt leaders spent furtunes to have their wards school and live there? Like we don't know your corrupt leaders spent furtunes to have passport of those countries? Like we don't know your corrupt leaders trust their system more than the ones they governed? Like we don't know your corrupt leaders are stealing our commonwealth to those countries? Like we don't know your so called corrupt leaders owned houses and businesses in those countries? Like we don't know £$ are equivalent of Naira in time past? I don't get you.

An average US citizens has higher life expectancy than an average Nigerian. That implies that an average US citizens lives in enabling environment. An Nigerian cannot afford 3 square meal daily, good healthcare, quality EDUCATION, electricity, security, and many more. Tell your government to provide security for every Nigerians. Tell them to provide security for lives and property then we all can go back to farm without fear of being killed,, kidnapped and our farm produce being destroyed.

I am yet to see an average US citizens begging on the street for alms like we have in the northern region. I am yet to see a US citizen fighting for food palliative like we have in the country. I am yet to see an average US citizens including their political class and elites running helter skelter to Nigeria like we do to their home country.

Please don't get me wrong I'm actually not comparing these developed countries to Nigeria. It is known to all and sundry Nigeria is below this counties in all ramifications.

There are tons of Africa nations that are mile ahead of Nigeria that we all know

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naira Keeps Depreciating Against USD by chukkystar(m): 5:22pm On Sep 20, 2023
visaclick:
any idea one can invest in dollar, let’s discuss is you have it.
U can download Cowriwise app and invest in Dollar funds
Re: Naira Keeps Depreciating Against USD by GoodRocks: 5:30pm On Sep 20, 2023
swiz123:
To some people, it doesn't matter as long as their brother is the president.

The only succour is, we are in all these together

CC Seunmsg Pandoraobi Leodeking donphelius moh274 obemet .

You'll never see the above monikers on threads like this. They're patiently waiting for threads about Obi and Igbos so they can show up with great speed.

Seunmsg Dude what do you have to say about your drug lord who has succeeded in crippling down Nigeria's economy? Abi na obi be your problem?

2 Likes

Re: Naira Keeps Depreciating Against USD by kayperry: 5:36pm On Sep 20, 2023
pocohantas:
Tinubu's government is favouring me and my family. I hope it is favouring his minions too.

I needed to change some FX to pay my cousin's fees. In the three days I took to make up my mind, it added almost N15. I was really impressed with Tinubu. Many remote workers would buy GLE at the rate FX is going.

If Tinubu comes for second term, I just might vote him. He is my sureman. grin

1 Like

Re: Naira Keeps Depreciating Against USD by AMI3(m): 5:53pm On Sep 20, 2023
3RNEST:
grin join my WhatsApp group let's make money online via survey, will be training u on how to earn from email survey site...link on signature.

Ur link doesn't work
My WhatsApp 08154933420
Re: Naira Keeps Depreciating Against USD by 3RNEST(m): 5:54pm On Sep 20, 2023
AMI3:

Ur link doesn't work
My WhatsApp 08154933420
WhatsApp Link is working well..
Re: Naira Keeps Depreciating Against USD by alphabbey1(m): 6:01pm On Sep 20, 2023
Njspark:
This country is messed up they unified the cbn rate with the black market rate yet black market rate keeps going up and the cbn rate is still stable …my advice to the federal government..ban black market rates and withdraw all their license and persecute anyone involved in the operation ..what’s happening is Nigeria is purely greed nothing more
With this your advice, dollar will surely reach 2,000 or don't you know that will create more scarcity...
Re: Naira Keeps Depreciating Against USD by 3RNEST(m): 6:05pm On Sep 20, 2023
clerkent:

Link not working
check again its working now, thanks
Re: Naira Keeps Depreciating Against USD by Eriokanmi: 6:06pm On Sep 20, 2023
DrChukki:
When the economy was crashing under Buhari, APC supporters called us all sorts of names anytime we complain.

Let's not worry... APC is the best thing to happen to Nigeria

If naira likes let it be 2k per dollar... Not my business

I earn in dollars and I support Peter Obi
Same here. But it has some effects on local purchases. If you want to build a house today, the price of raw materials would chase you away lol. APC and their supporters are so daft and primitive in thenr thinking

2 Likes

Re: Naira Keeps Depreciating Against USD by Ashawoman82: 6:17pm On Sep 20, 2023
RepoMan007:
This whole thing ain't funny o. N1000 is withing reach suddenly. I hope Dangote refinery fires soon otherwise other wisdom will be needed.
dangote that is exporting crude oil, lol if u have hope in naija, u are on your own ..just think of ways to be rich enough to be among the elites...

1 Like

Re: Naira Keeps Depreciating Against USD by alphabbey1(m): 6:19pm On Sep 20, 2023
UnfairLife7:

I am yet to see an average US citizens begging on the street for alms like we have in the northern region. I am yet to see a US citizen fighting for food palliative like we have in the country. I am yet to see an average US citizens including their political class and elites running helter skelter to Nigeria like we do to their home country.

Funniest thing, some of these things you mentioned here is currently happening in US and homelessness is almost becoming a national emergency especially in california...

Your mistake in the post is using US as an example. In terms of security, US is also trash. Don't tell me you haven't heard of series of mass shootings happening in US and trust me, the media is under reporting the situation. To clearly have idea of happenings in US, please download Fox App and be getting daily news...

1 Like

Re: Naira Keeps Depreciating Against USD by UnfairLife7(m): 6:24pm On Sep 20, 2023
alphabbey1:

Funniest thing, some of these things you mentioned here is currently happening in US and homelessness is almost becoming a national emergency especially in california...

Your mistake in the post is using US as an example. In terms of security, US is also trash. Don't tell me you haven't heard of series of mass shootings happening in US and trust me, the media is under reporting the situation. To clearly have idea of happenings in US, please download Fox App and be getting daily news...
yet, an average Nigerian will chose US one million times over naija, whereas an average US citizens will rather die than imagine relocating to Nigeria. Even your corrupt leaders prefer that place over naija🤣
Re: Naira Keeps Depreciating Against USD by Osoboshi: 6:42pm On Sep 20, 2023
MS247:

You speculate on a currency pair and make profit on open and closing prices of it's exchange value
will be a big burden if u teach me.
Just got wind of it after watching a documentary about money on youtube
Re: Naira Keeps Depreciating Against USD by EBEk101(m): 6:55pm On Sep 20, 2023
Austindark:

Look at what I collected almost 600k for
Nigeria currency is useless

Re: Naira Keeps Depreciating Against USD by ufuosman(m): 6:56pm On Sep 20, 2023
Hardship dey increase daily🤦🏾🤦🏾🤦🏾

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Femi Otedola's 'Simple Dressing'. Billionaire Replies Man (Photo) / Meet Quincy Nippon Who Celebrated His Birthday With Cake Decorated With Dollars / Aliko Dangote Opens Africa Centre In US (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.