Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,036 members, 7,866,921 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 08:10 AM

Nigerians Abroad. Share Your Experience With Racism And Discrimination - Travel (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerians Abroad. Share Your Experience With Racism And Discrimination (28526 Views)

Nigerians Abroad Share Funny Incidents Of Culture Shock. / Nigerian Girl In Russia Talks About Life In Russia, Racism And What Life Is Like / "Nigeria Nurses Working Abroad, Share your experience" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians Abroad. Share Your Experience With Racism And Discrimination by TheCongo2: 10:38pm On Sep 21, 2023
[quote author =oakenfold post=125942875]

So, because there are scammers from some African countries, all black people all over the world should be victims of that stereotype? Are we applying that same standard to the tens of thousand of Indian scammer stealing billions of dollars from the West? Why aren't people painting every Indian and their diaspora with that brush? Or do you guys just like to reach deep into your asses to support other people's racism against you?[/quote]

grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigerians Abroad. Share Your Experience With Racism And Discrimination by oakenfold: 10:40pm On Sep 21, 2023
osazsky:
Instead of discussing racism don't u think tribalism is wat we should be discussing cuz it poses a greater threat

Whataboutism rears its head from the mumus again. Start your own post now? What strain of ignorance is preventing you from starting that topic?
Re: Nigerians Abroad. Share Your Experience With Racism And Discrimination by ErenXSatoru(f): 10:42pm On Sep 21, 2023
Rossikk:

You are wrong, you little air head.
You're just a dysfunctional monster if you think there's systemic racism remaining in the West, the only racism left in the West is just stereotypes - blacks are thieves and robbers and drug dealers, I won't blame someone who has never done business with a black person to refuse a business dealing because someone is black - he/she may just be ignorant but with the news of blacks and their inappropriate cultures - gang dealings plus the destruction and raping of white and Asian businesses happening in Chicago, I won't be surprised if he/she will be being stereotypical

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Abroad. Share Your Experience With Racism And Discrimination by ErenXSatoru(f): 10:45pm On Sep 21, 2023
shegzee43:

Do you expect the contrary when they are far more than us numerically? I have seen a lot of top executives who are blacks. This mentality is a reason why blacks don't want to take strides in high places.

Indians face much more discrimination but still they are going ahead to take over political leaderships in the developed countries of Europe and America.
Thanks for this, a lot of my Indian friends face more racism in a day than I did in the US, fam.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Abroad. Share Your Experience With Racism And Discrimination by oakenfold: 10:49pm On Sep 21, 2023
ErenXSatoru:

You're just a dysfunctional monster if you think there's systemic racism remaining in the West, the only racism left in the West is just stereotypes - blacks are thieves and robbers and drug dealers, I won't blame someone who has never done business with a black person to refuse a business dealing because someone is black - he/she may just be ignorant but with the news of blacks and their inappropriate cultures - gang dealings plus the destruction and raping of white and Asian businesses happening in Chicago, I won't be surprised if he/she will be being stereotypical

Another disgraceful idiot, standing on the work of giants, acting like they have made it all on their own and know it all.

This is what existing systemic racism looks like. This shit is from this year.

Supreme Court rules in favor of Black Alabama voters in unexpected defense of Voting Rights Act
https://apnews.com/article/supreme-court-redistricting-race-voting-rights-alabama-af0d789ec7498625d344c0a4327367fe

White Minority Locks Out First Black Mayor of Newbern, Alabama
https://eji.org/news/white-minority-locks-out-first-black-mayor-of-newbern-alabama/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Abroad. Share Your Experience With Racism And Discrimination by ErenXSatoru(f): 10:49pm On Sep 21, 2023
Rossikk:

These mumu Nigerians believe that so long as whites don’t call you their N word or throw bananas at you while making racist chants, that there is no racism.

They are so ignorant, it’s disgusting.

People are racist ofc, but it has been overblown to bits fam😒
When I was in Maine, people were always complimenting my hair, but by friends said it was racist for white folks to touch my hair😪 wtf

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Abroad. Share Your Experience With Racism And Discrimination by Emeskhalifa(m): 10:51pm On Sep 21, 2023
Here we go again

Another anti japa thread
Re: Nigerians Abroad. Share Your Experience With Racism And Discrimination by phemmyfour: 10:55pm On Sep 21, 2023
CandidAdmin:
Nigerian based abroad, please share your experience with racist or when you are being discriminated because of your color.

Note: This is not an Anti Japa thread.
Most times it's non verbal racism e.g avoiding to sit beside you in a bus and standing through out the trip
Re: Nigerians Abroad. Share Your Experience With Racism And Discrimination by ErenXSatoru(f): 10:57pm On Sep 21, 2023
oakenfold:

Another disgraceful idiot, standing on the work of giants, acting like they have made it all on their own and know it all.

This is what existing systemic racism looks like. This shit is from this year.

Supreme Court rules in favor of Black Alabama voters in unexpected defense of Voting Rights Act
https://apnews.com/article/supreme-court-redistricting-race-voting-rights-alabama-af0d789ec7498625d344c0a4327367fe

White Minority Locks Out First Black Mayor of Newbern, Alabama
https://eji.org/news/white-minority-locks-out-first-black-mayor-of-newbern-alabama/
🤦🏽‍♀️🤦🏽‍♀️ looks like you don't know what systemic racism means read what you sent to me and actually understand fam😒. The issue of the White Minority Vote in Alabama isn't a systemic racism issue and I never said Racism isn't a problem but are there rights that Blacks in the United States don't have according to the law? have their rights been violated by the law? Do they need reparations?

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Abroad. Share Your Experience With Racism And Discrimination by Myer(m): 11:04pm On Sep 21, 2023
oakenfold:

So, because there are scammers from some African countries, all black people all over the world should be victims of that stereotype? Are we applying that same standard to the tens of thousand of Indian scammer stealing billions of dollars from the West? Why aren't people painting every Indian and their diaspora with that brush? Or do you guys just like to reach deep into your asses to support other people's racism against you?

The way some of una dey read without understanding no dey tire una brain? Do you even know the capacity of your brain at all?
Do you even realise how fresh your brain must feel from lack of use?

Did my comment support the stereotype? I simply explained why a Japanese woman alone in an alley with a black man might be scared as a result of years of mind-conditioning/brain-wasjing of the media amd portrayal of blacks in certain movies.

No be every comment/post be attack on you. You really owe it to yourself to go for healing.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Abroad. Share Your Experience With Racism And Discrimination by oakenfold: 11:08pm On Sep 21, 2023
ErenXSatoru:

🤦🏽‍♀️🤦🏽‍♀️ looks like you don't know what systemic racism means read what you sent to me and actually understand fam😒. The issue of the White Minority Vote in Alabama isn't a systemic racism issue and I never said Racism isn't a problem but are there rights that Blacks in the United States don't have according to the law? have their rights been violated by the law? Do they need reparations?

Yea, I am wasting my time with this ignoramus. Using the government to keep black people from attaining specific privileges and political representation is not part of systemic racism? I was right, you are an idiot. I would pull up definitions for you, but you would be too stupid to understand those as well.

How about you shut up and let the African-Americans who have been at this fight for centuries continue their work. You clowns show up and think you know left from right. Shut up, sit down and make your little dollars with the privileges that African-Americans died for. Bye!

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerians Abroad. Share Your Experience With Racism And Discrimination by IjeBos(m): 11:13pm On Sep 21, 2023
ErenXSatoru:

What year do you believe that systemic racism ended?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Abroad. Share Your Experience With Racism And Discrimination by IjeBos(m): 11:21pm On Sep 21, 2023
ErenXSatoru:

You're wrong. Systemic racism is institutionalized or structural racism. Preventing black people from having fair representation by diluting their voting block is systemic racism. That was one of the problems the Voting Rights act was created to remedy. I don't think you quite understand the term or the issues referenced by it..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Abroad. Share Your Experience With Racism And Discrimination by zumbigbo(m): 11:41pm On Sep 21, 2023
Tribalism is far worse

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Abroad. Share Your Experience With Racism And Discrimination by Charx122: 11:51pm On Sep 21, 2023
CandidAdmin:
Nigerian based abroad, please share your experience with racist or when you are being discriminated because of your color.

Been living in Ontario Canada for 12 years now, and most of my friends over here are white people I never experienced such here..

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Abroad. Share Your Experience With Racism And Discrimination by oakenfold: 12:04am On Sep 22, 2023
Myer:

The way some of una dey read without understanding no dey tire una brain? Do you even know the capacity of your brain at all?
Do you even realise how fresh your brain must feel from lack of use?

Did my comment support the stereotype? I simply explained why a Japanese woman alone in an alley with a black man might be scared as a result of years of mind-conditioning/brain-wasjing of the media amd portrayal of blacks in certain movies.

No be every comment/post be attack on you. You really owe it to yourself to go for healing.

And I am trying to push into the vacant skull of some of you clowns that some people are just racist. They are not some victims of the media brainwashing. Some full grown adults have made the choice to be racist. You do not need to dig into the crevices of your asses to find them an excuse. Japan is a place that even white folks sometimes talk about the racism they've experience. Must be the TV's fault, or the water. Blah blah

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Abroad. Share Your Experience With Racism And Discrimination by Hotguy27: 12:15am On Sep 22, 2023
CandidAdmin:

There is no racism abroad when compared to the level of hatred that exist in Nigeria among ethnic groups as being exhibited in offices, roads, markets, parks, schools, churches, mosques, politics and government, etc.

Nothing like racism for me. We call ourselves "nigger", "blacks", "Africans" etc but when a white refers us as that we term it racism.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians Abroad. Share Your Experience With Racism And Discrimination by AdelekeAkinola(m): 1:34am On Sep 22, 2023
Tribalism in Nigeria is 5x worse than racism

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Abroad. Share Your Experience With Racism And Discrimination by DrAdonis: 1:43am On Sep 22, 2023
Over 3 years in the US, never experienced such.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Abroad. Share Your Experience With Racism And Discrimination by Desusi: 1:46am On Sep 22, 2023
CandidAdmin:

Even in Nigeria here, there's discrimination talk less of white man's land.Those who wear the cap feel it.If you have not live with these white imperialist, you cannot understand. Let the sleeping dog lie.
Re: Nigerians Abroad. Share Your Experience With Racism And Discrimination by Gerrard59(m): 2:15am On Sep 22, 2023
ffo:
The worst discrimination i had was in Malaysia where landlord asked me get a foreigner to serve as guarantor for me even though i was on work visa.

Another one was some top banks in Malaysia refused to open a salary account for me telling me that they blacklisted Nigerians.

I sha left the country

Our people have spoilt the reputation of Nigeria in Malaysia. That was where most prominent yahoo yahoo boys honed their skills. HushPuppi notably.
Re: Nigerians Abroad. Share Your Experience With Racism And Discrimination by Gerrard59(m): 2:16am On Sep 22, 2023
alt3r3g0:
Experienced so much tribalism in Naija (even within my state of origin where bursary was for few local government areas) that over here its difficult to differentiate if the person is being racist or just human nature.

Anytime I notice people don't want to sit near me, I remember how tribalistic Nigeria is, and Nigerians are. I just forget whatever happens inside the train.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Abroad. Share Your Experience With Racism And Discrimination by Gerrard59(m): 2:19am On Sep 22, 2023
JaskanFactor:
just dont believe anybody who tells racism is not a life threating ordeal.
Dont take lightly cause your career, and very life depend on it
YouTube search for experience of black Americans and west Indians with racism, dont listen to the experience of ass licking sell-out materialistic Nigerians. Cause if you listen to Nigerians you will not get a sense of how dangerous racism is to every aspect of your life.

And usually the European cults and individuals that are hardcore racists are usually also witches and satanic sects.
Examples the Nazis of old and thier moderns day Neo Nazi cults are deeply into witchcraft and Satanism.

So, what do you say about the tribalism in Nigeria and xenophobia in most parts of black Africa? If to say the discrimination we have in Africa is accompanied with wealth, one would have looked away. But no, poor people are discriminating against themselves. Does that make sense to you?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Abroad. Share Your Experience With Racism And Discrimination by Gerrard59(m): 2:26am On Sep 22, 2023
TheCongo2:

With respect to the bolded, you mean that everyone who had experience racism was because of something wrong they have done.
Here we go with blaming the victim

I want to assume you are a Congolese; you won't understand what some Nigerians have experienced regarding tribalism, which is why they don't view racism with much seriousness, considering the economic opportunities available. In my opinion, tribalism is worse because we share the same skin colour. Houses have been razed in Northern Nigeria by people of the same skin colour. People's businesses have been burnt because they are of a different ethnic group, even though they have the same skin colour. A man from Plateau is likely to live longer in South Korea than his native state as Fulani herdsmen (black people) would love to kill him. Meanwhile, the average South Korean is not bothered.

Earlier this year, Igbos were flogged because they went to vote. Some Yorubas who "looked" like Igbos were also flogged by their kith, and someone wants to tell me that racism is worse?

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerians Abroad. Share Your Experience With Racism And Discrimination by Gerrard59(m): 2:33am On Sep 22, 2023
Skyview01:

As much as I despise racism, some of the rednecks may have a little justification for racism and if I may play the devil's advocate for a bit. Their country is developed, they've managed to build a working system through sheer hard work over the years and some of them have never had contact with blacks before. Also, there are some places where blacks are always in the news for the wrong reason all the time.

What exactly is the reason behind tribalism? All the tribes in Nigeria are equally backward with very little to show the last time I checked and we are the same fvucking black skin.

Why exactly does one backward tribe think they are better than the other backward tribe? it's the same shit in different toilets.

I apologize for my frankness.

THANK YOU!

I would never take the rants of so whiners of racism to be serious. Never!

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Abroad. Share Your Experience With Racism And Discrimination by Gerrard59(m): 2:41am On Sep 22, 2023
oakenfold:
A lot of self-hating black people here. Inferiority complex to the power max. Excusing the racism that is meted out to them.
And a lot of denial of racism. "If e no happen to me, e no dey happen anywhere" is absolutely idiotic of an opinion.

It is not self-hating but an assessment of the whole issue. If I were in Lagos in February, I would have been flogged. Even non-Igbos were flogged. More than 500 farmers in Plateau were butchered by people who looked like them. If those 500 farmers were in South Korea, would they have been butchered?

Blacks have no moral right to complain about racism, especially as no black-dominated country (population above 5 million) is prosperous.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Abroad. Share Your Experience With Racism And Discrimination by Gerrard59(m): 2:49am On Sep 22, 2023
Skyview01:

See Obiano walking his dog comfortably in the US without an iota of shame.
Why couldn't he build a covered drainage in Anambara during his 8year rule so others could walk their dogs or kids ride their bikes.

Why allow IPOB and UGM to become a monster under his watch so much that others cannot walk their dogs safely on the street. That is one example of a black man with black mentality.

35years ago, the Chinese were heavily racially profiled but see what they have managed to acheived within a short span of time.

Out of every 5 blacks on the earth, 1 is a Nigerian. That is the ratio of Nigeria to the black world population. If Nigeria could get her shits together, respects for blacks would skyrocket worldwide and racism will reduce.

The energy we put into religion and tribalism, we could use same energy to develop Nigeria and elect credible leaders.

I nor dey join any yeye BLM protests.

Thank you ooooooooo

https://www.nairaland.com/5886610/racism-against-blacks-reduce-drastically

As for the Chinese, they have suffered a lot. They were denied naturalisation status in the US based on their nationality. World powers then humiliated and punished the Chinese. China was divided across many parts by these World Powers. Japanese soldiers raped Chinese women and seized Taiwan. British colonial masters fed the Chinese with drugs and seized Hong Kong. Portuguese sailors seized Macau.

Today, as a result of their wealth, no one dares discriminate against the Chinese. When one says this to black people, one sees them ranting about capitalism, whereas that is the only economic system that has pulled more people out of poverty.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerians Abroad. Share Your Experience With Racism And Discrimination by Gerrard59(m): 2:55am On Sep 22, 2023
TheCongo2:

The subtle nuances are the reason why seventy-three percent of the senior executives, men and women, are white. While only 2% are black.
For the advancement of black people, we can't ignore subtle racism.

@Professor822714

Those are white dominated countries. Why do you want them not to dominate the executive positions? How many whites dominate executive positions in black dominated countries? Why should the majority not dominate their country? You people want to reap where you don't sow. Whites built their countries. Go and build yours and impose your rules. That is what the Japanese and Chinese did.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Abroad. Share Your Experience With Racism And Discrimination by lekkistar: 2:55am On Sep 22, 2023
Why do you care about these narratives. Claim your space! The world belongs to you
Re: Nigerians Abroad. Share Your Experience With Racism And Discrimination by Gerrard59(m): 2:58am On Sep 22, 2023
Skyview01:

I worked in a predominantly Yoruba company and an Igbo guy will never smell promotions or better positions. Before that, I worked at a predominantly Igbo company and a Yoruba person will never be given a good position.

An Ethiopian will prefer to patronize their fellow citizens and pay a higher price than to patronize other nationals.

I know a lot of Anambara women who will never allow their child to marry Imo or Ebonyi person.

I see lots of Igbos look down on Ebonyi people and the list goes on.

We like to play the victimhood card but I have come to realize that blacks are one of the most discriminatory among all the races on earth

Maybe that is why we might never be wealthy as a race. We would be worse than those we criticise. shocked

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Abroad. Share Your Experience With Racism And Discrimination by Nobody: 3:12am On Sep 22, 2023
Gerrard59:

Maybe that is why we might never be wealthy as a race. We would be worse than those we criticise. shocked

That is why it was easy for the whites to colonize us since we were always fighting, bickering, and hating among ourselves for no reason. The president appointed 90% of positions from his tribe, An Igbo president will do the same as a Hausa or Fulani.

we spend all our energies in churches and mosques and still beg for money from China, an atheistic country, No be winch be that.

In my personal life, If I do the same thing for 3 years and it is not working, I try to learn and do things differently in other to have a different outcome. The advantage of failing is you now know what not to repeat.

This is 2023 and Nigeria is not doing anything differently. We are still doubling down on the same things we have done the past 20 years which has yielded zero results.

Insanity is doing the same thing over and hoping for a different outcome. To be frank, I gave up on Nigeria in 2010 and what is happening now has been in line with my predictions.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Abroad. Share Your Experience With Racism And Discrimination by Nobody: 3:18am On Sep 22, 2023
Gerrard59:

Thank you ooooooooo

https://www.nairaland.com/5886610/racism-against-blacks-reduce-drastically

As for the Chinese, they have suffered a lot. They were denied naturalisation status in the US based on their nationality. World powers then humiliated and punished the Chinese. China was divided across many parts by these World Powers. Japanese soldiers raped Chinese women and seized Taiwan. British colonial masters fed the Chinese with drugs and seized Hong Kong. Portuguese sailors seized Macau.

Today, as a result of their wealth, no one dares discriminate against the Chinese. When one says this to black people, one sees them ranting about capitalism, whereas that is the only economic system that has pulled more people out of poverty.

We are exporting church branches and all the members are busy remitting dollars as tithes and offerings. Because of the level of brainwashing going on in our churches in Nigeria, I have stopped attending any church service. I won't be brainwashed by my fellow man.

The average black Nigerian individual's brain is 60% religion, 30% tribalism and the rest is available for productive uses.
Very soon, Benin, Togo, and Ghana will pull out of Ecowas and start demanding visas from Nigeria.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

Top Exotic Visa-free Destinations For A Sumptuous Vacation / Allen Onyema And Air Peace Should Learn Excellence From The Bull - Reno Omokri / My Trip To Florida, Tampa Bay In Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.