Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,555 members, 7,850,892 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 10:36 AM

Nigerians Abroad. Share Your Experience With Racism And Discrimination - Travel (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerians Abroad. Share Your Experience With Racism And Discrimination (28302 Views)

Nigerians Abroad Share Funny Incidents Of Culture Shock. / Nigerian Girl In Russia Talks About Life In Russia, Racism And What Life Is Like / "Nigeria Nurses Working Abroad, Share your experience" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians Abroad. Share Your Experience With Racism And Discrimination by TheCongo2: 6:58pm On Sep 21, 2023
shegzee43:

Do you expect the contrary when they are far more than us numerically? I have seen a lot of top executives who are blacks. This mentality is a reason why blacks don't want to take strides in high places.

Indians face much more discrimination but still they are going ahead to take over political leaderships in the developed countries of Europe and America.

And you think Africans aren't into politic in developed countries.
I didn't know that Indians were also enslaved to face much more discrimination.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Abroad. Share Your Experience With Racism And Discrimination by Rossikk(m): 6:59pm On Sep 21, 2023
shegzee43:

Do you expect the contrary when they are far more than us numerically? I have seen a lot of top executives who are blacks. This mentality is a reason why blacks don't want to take strides in high places.

Indians face much more discrimination but still they are going ahead to take over political leaderships in the developed countries of Europe and America.

Shut up you slave.

Indians face FAR LESS discrimination in the job market than blacks.

Stupid dunce typing rubbish.

These are facts that a SIMPLE GOOGLE SEARCH will reveal, but will your self hating slave mentality allow it?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Abroad. Share Your Experience With Racism And Discrimination by TheCongo2: 6:59pm On Sep 21, 2023
shegzee43:

On the contrary, I got promoted even before I was due.

Dude, we are talking about discrimination on an entire race. You can't say there is no discrimination in Canada based on your 1 experience.
Maybe those white people at your work are using you as a token representation of the black race. And that is why they gave you that promotion.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Abroad. Share Your Experience With Racism And Discrimination by yewit37486: 7:02pm On Sep 21, 2023
lagonovo:
Why bother with subtle nuanced behaviors? If the person is not bold enough to boldly make a stand on something that relates to me then I don't see that as any business of mine. I am not a mind or code reader.

You should bother about it because that person often is a person that will make a decision that impacts you. A landlord that decides who to rent to, a manager that decides who to promote or send on a training, a company that decides who to give a contract to, etc. There are lots of implications in a nutshell.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Abroad. Share Your Experience With Racism And Discrimination by IjeBos(m): 7:03pm On Sep 21, 2023
rickleye:

What garbage ?! Are you going to take a handful of Karen and say … that’s how every white person thinks ? Most Karen’s are republicans anyway.
Plus, would I want to live in a place where my privates can vanish in thin air or I could be lynched in a twinkle of an eye.
I ain’t saying it doesn’t exist but you won’t find me where I know it exist !

I'm sorry, but you're experiences aren't representative.
1954 - Brown v. Board of education - desegregated schools
1964 - Civil Rights Act
1965 - Voting Rights Act
1968 - Civil Rights Act
So your argument is that in ~60 years all the racist people who were alive died off and the racism they thought their children faded out as well? I assume every white person over the age of 65 has/had racist inclinations. Serves me well.
And where would you live that race wouldn't be a problem?

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigerians Abroad. Share Your Experience With Racism And Discrimination by yewit37486: 7:03pm On Sep 21, 2023
shegzee43:

There is discrimination everywhere in the world and that requires a professional to be armed with that level of emotional intelligence to help glide through all kinds of situations. For example, I know the kind of people I work with, and I don't talk or banter unnecessarily, I do my job and that's it.

Yep.
Re: Nigerians Abroad. Share Your Experience With Racism And Discrimination by Regex: 7:04pm On Sep 21, 2023
Gerrard59:

I understand the hoodie aspect, but I was not wearing one, nor do I have one. Most Japanese young men don't wear it either. I am yet to see anyone wearing a hoodie.

Hoodie is more of a black American culture. Here in UK, people seldomly wear hoodie, they'd rather wear a cap. They could wear the hoodie clothes and not put the hoodie on. My thoughts.
Re: Nigerians Abroad. Share Your Experience With Racism And Discrimination by yewit37486: 7:07pm On Sep 21, 2023
GUNITGuy:

Thank you don't mind them theyve and attempt to discourage people from Leaving Nigeria...It's obvious Nigeria might become empty of young talents in the next 10yrs .... There's a massive exodus going on am more are to come ...The nations youth would be scattered abroad in search of Greener pastures.....
No discriminate as long as you are Honest and good in what you are doing

Let me laugh small first. cheesy cheesy okay ooo

7 Likes

Re: Nigerians Abroad. Share Your Experience With Racism And Discrimination by Rossikk(m): 7:07pm On Sep 21, 2023
TheCongo2:

Dude, we are talking about discrimination on an entire race. You can't say there is no discrimination in Canada based on your 1 experience.
Maybe those white people at your work are using you as a token representation of the black race.

He is their token black and he’s too dumb to realise it.

That’s why they ‘love’ Africans.

They just don’t get it.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Abroad. Share Your Experience With Racism And Discrimination by TheCongo2: 7:07pm On Sep 21, 2023
Rossikk:

He is their token black and he’s too dumb to realise it.

That’s why they ‘love’ Africans.

They just don’t get it.

How pathetic

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Abroad. Share Your Experience With Racism And Discrimination by eaglechild: 7:12pm On Sep 21, 2023
SeriouslySense:
Nigeria made me tough, seriously, i dont even notice or bother at all but i do appreciate kindness even little kindness and surely, kind to others, by being thoughtful. If you can survive tribalism in Nigeria and religious extremism, then surely, the racism in other countries are like Childs play grin grin grin grin grin

In my experience, even the racist may change and begin to like me. grin grin grin

I dont hold their racism in my mind, because i have to think wisely. smiley smiley

I have the ability to greet people who don't answer and I seem to ignore it, it is not relevant for my living, they did not answer, and its not the end of the world, but I don't hold it against them, there is no time for drama, one should grow wisely.
You have sense true true

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Abroad. Share Your Experience With Racism And Discrimination by int0x80(m): 7:12pm On Sep 21, 2023
There are racism and discrimination everywhere in the world including there in Nigeria. What matters is how you handle it.
Re: Nigerians Abroad. Share Your Experience With Racism And Discrimination by mercysamuelson(m): 7:14pm On Sep 21, 2023
CandidAdmin
Nigerian based abroad, please share your experience with racist or when you are being discriminated because of your color.

Note: This is not an Anti Japa thread.

I have never for once experienced anything called racist. People tend to respect every culture in this part of California. Even at work, there's never been such. Everyone is friendly.
Re: Nigerians Abroad. Share Your Experience With Racism And Discrimination by Dennisbulkan: 7:15pm On Sep 21, 2023
Greenwood18:
There seems to be a deliberate plan to stop the youth from japa through nairaland propaganda
Oga, if you want to japa abeg japa dey go & stop this nonsense. Nobody put rope on your neck say make you no go.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians Abroad. Share Your Experience With Racism And Discrimination by Raskimonojendor: 7:15pm On Sep 21, 2023

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Abroad. Share Your Experience With Racism And Discrimination by Nobody: 7:16pm On Sep 21, 2023
VeeVeeMyLuv:

Go to any government office in Lagos and you will see how non-Yoruba speakers are discriminated against.
Go to Abuja and you see how Fulanis discriminate against Nigerians

Who is the dunce now?

I worked in a predominantly Yoruba company and an Igbo guy will never smell promotions or better positions. Before that, I worked at a predominantly Igbo company and a Yoruba person will never be given a good position.

An Ethiopian will prefer to patronize their fellow citizens and pay a higher price than to patronize other nationals.

I know a lot of Anambara women who will never allow their child to marry Imo or Ebonyi person.

I see lots of Igbos look down on Ebonyi people and the list goes on.

We like to play the victimhood card but I have come to realize that blacks are one of the most discriminatory among all the races on earth.

12 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Nigerians Abroad. Share Your Experience With Racism And Discrimination by Rossikk(m): 7:19pm On Sep 21, 2023
TheCongo2:

How pathetic

You will be shocked to see an African working in these offices, and the white colleagues would be making racist comments and the African would be smiling and laughing with them, not even realising they are being racist and dehumanising him.

That’s why they prefer to hire Africans. They are simple and naive with a racial inferiority complex, and whites love that, unlike the Afro Americans who fought them for centuries and know exactly what they are about, and will take no rubbish from them, including their racism.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerians Abroad. Share Your Experience With Racism And Discrimination by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 7:23pm On Sep 21, 2023
Skyview01:

I worked in a predominantly Yoruba company and an Igbo guy will never smell promotions or better positions. Before that, I worked at a predominantly Igbo company and a Yoruba person will never be given a good position.

An Ethiopian will prefer to patronize their fellow citizens and pay a higher price than to patronize other nationals.

We like to play the victimhood card but I have come to realize that blacks are one of the most discriminatory among all the races on earth.
Thanks for sharing

@ Rossikk

@ TheCongo2
Re: Nigerians Abroad. Share Your Experience With Racism And Discrimination by Raskimonojendor: 7:24pm On Sep 21, 2023

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Abroad. Share Your Experience With Racism And Discrimination by Rossikk(m): 7:25pm On Sep 21, 2023
Skyview01:

Animal Lying through his teeth. You never worked in those places you claim. You are a liar.

Plus other races and people shop among themselves to keep the capital within their community. Indians and Pakistanis and Mexicans do the same, so what Ethiopians are doing is what EVERY black community should do.

Meanwhile a dunce like you can’t wait to spend your money in white owned establishments, leading to capital flight from the black community.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Abroad. Share Your Experience With Racism And Discrimination by TheCongo2: 7:25pm On Sep 21, 2023
Rossikk:

You will be shocked to see an African working in these offices, and the white colleagues would be making racist comments and the African would be smiling and laughing with them, not even realising they are being racist and dehumanising him.

That’s why they prefer to hire Africans. They are simple and naive with a racial inferiority complex, and whites love that, unlike the Afro Americans who fought them for centuries and know exactly what they are about, and will take no rubbish from them, including their racism.

It seems like Africans are the most miserable in the work places.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Abroad. Share Your Experience With Racism And Discrimination by Nobody: 7:26pm On Sep 21, 2023
Rossikk:

Animal Lying through his teeth. You never worked in those places you claim. You are a liar.

Plus other races and people shop among themselves to keep the capital within their community. Indians and Pakistanis and Mexicans do the same, so what Ethiopians are doing is what EVERY black community should do.

Keep quiet boy.

A local tribal bigot like you has no right to comment in a thread like this.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Abroad. Share Your Experience With Racism And Discrimination by TheCongo2: 7:26pm On Sep 21, 2023
VeeVeeMyLuv:

Thanks for sharing

@ Rossikk

@ TheCongo2

What is your point?
Does it mean I can't fight racism in Canada because someone in Nigeria is experiencing tribalism ?

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Abroad. Share Your Experience With Racism And Discrimination by Rossikk(m): 7:29pm On Sep 21, 2023
Skyview01:

Keep quiet boy.

A local tribal bigot like you has no right to comment in a thread like this.

I am a nationalist and Pan Africanist, you blasted airhead, and I sure as hell ain’t no boy, BOY.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Abroad. Share Your Experience With Racism And Discrimination by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 7:31pm On Sep 21, 2023
TheCongo2:

So, does it mean I can't fight racism in Canada because someone in Nigeria is experiencing tribalism ?
Ofcourse you can
Doing a great job fighting it over there

Just a reminder that we are also battling it on the homefront (I mean back home)

charity they say, begins at home

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Abroad. Share Your Experience With Racism And Discrimination by NairaMaster1(m): 7:33pm On Sep 21, 2023
CandidAdmin:

Which country? Are you saying you've never experienced anything close to that?

WOW!!!

Impossible

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Abroad. Share Your Experience With Racism And Discrimination by Rossikk(m): 7:33pm On Sep 21, 2023
TheCongo2:

It seems like Africans are the most miserable in the work places.

They are naive, ignorant and short sighted, with a terrible racial inferiority complex. They literally see white people as superior beings, almost Godlike.

A white guy can literally enter their presence and command them to jump up and down for no reason and they would absolutely do it without hesitation.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Abroad. Share Your Experience With Racism And Discrimination by Nobody: 7:34pm On Sep 21, 2023
Rossikk:

I am a nationalist and Pan Africanist, you blasted airhead, and I sure as hell ain’t no boy, BOY.

I can bet my life you are absolutely ignorant of the real definition of a "nationalist" and a "Pan-Africanist".

You are nothing but a small-minded tribal bigot who sees the world through the lenses of his small tribe. Your histories of tribalism and hate are well documented on pages of Nairaland so whatever you have to say is moot on arrival.

Once again, keep quiet BOY!

A tribal bigot has no standing to discuss racism!

6 Likes

Re: Nigerians Abroad. Share Your Experience With Racism And Discrimination by GUNITGuy: 7:38pm On Sep 21, 2023
yewit37486:

Let me laugh small first. cheesy cheesy okay ooo
Lol 😂😂🤣 let's allow them to come na ...To experience things themselves Biko ...,.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Abroad. Share Your Experience With Racism And Discrimination by Rossikk(m): 7:38pm On Sep 21, 2023
Skyview01:

I can bet my life you are absolutely ignorant of the real definition of a "nationalist" and a "Pan Africanist".

You are nothing but a small-minded tribal bigot who sees the world through the lenses of his small tribe. You history is well documented on Nairaland so whatever you have to say is irrelevant.

Once again, keep quiet BOY!, As a tribal bigot, you have no right to discuss racism!

Dumbass cretin. Of course I hate you Igbo secessionists.

I am 100% Igbo and I think you are SCUM of the Earth, you IPOB terrorists.

Pure scumbags who HATE my country, but expect me and the rest of Nigeria to love you?

Stinking animal you.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians Abroad. Share Your Experience With Racism And Discrimination by TheCongo2: 7:39pm On Sep 21, 2023
NairaMaster1:

Impossible

Possible for someone who is oblivious or disconnected from reality

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Abroad. Share Your Experience With Racism And Discrimination by Nobody: 7:41pm On Sep 21, 2023
Rossikk:

Dumbass cretin. Of course I hate you Igbo secessionists.

I think you are SCUM of the Earth, you terrorists.

Pure scumbags who HATE my country, but expect me to love you?

Stinking animal you.

Gbenu re dake SMALL BOY!

Observe and learn when adults are having important conversations!

This is not your local tribal-bashing thread. The topic is about racism and a scum like yourself has no standing to contribute ok.

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (15) (Reply)

IELTS: UK Money-Spinning Venture Rips Off Nigerian Visa Applicants / Beautiful Area View Pictures Of Port Harcourt, Rivers State. / "Ebonyi International Airport To Be Completed In 2022" - Governor Umahi (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.