Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,018 members, 7,838,557 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 04:15 AM

Nigerians Abroad. Share Your Experience With Racism And Discrimination - Travel (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerians Abroad. Share Your Experience With Racism And Discrimination (28150 Views)

Nigerians Abroad Share Funny Incidents Of Culture Shock. / Nigerian Girl In Russia Talks About Life In Russia, Racism And What Life Is Like / "Nigeria Nurses Working Abroad, Share your experience" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians Abroad. Share Your Experience With Racism And Discrimination by Rossikk(m): 6:28pm On Sep 21, 2023
ayandee:

Try applying to top-tier government agencies in Nigeria. I am talking CBN, NIMASA, NNPC and the likes. Prepare a good CV and meet the statement of merit criteria. Attend all the interviews. At some point, you will need a god-father of some sort to make things happen. Many can relate.

In Canada, as a legal migrant (emphasis on the word "legal"wink, you can get jobs in these kind of government organizations based on merit. If you meet both basic and asset qualifications for the job, your chances are high.

I don't know about the UK or other countries.

BULLCRAP.

For every qualified black person you see working there, 5000 have been rejected.

Same as In Nigeria.

For every Hausa man or Igbo man in NNPC, 5000 have been rejected.

Such jobs all over the world are NEAR IMPOSSIBLE to get because of the intense competition for them.

When you’re not hired In Nigeria, your negative mind immediately tells you it is because of tribalism, as if there are not THOUSANDS of Igbos, Yorubas and Hausas working at NNPC and other federal establishments.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Abroad. Share Your Experience With Racism And Discrimination by lagonovo: 6:28pm On Sep 21, 2023
Why bother with subtle nuanced behaviors? If the person is not bold enough to boldly make a stand on something that relates to me then I don't see that as any business of mine. I am not a mind or code reader.

Professor822714:
You didnt pick the subtle nuanced behaviorslol
Re: Nigerians Abroad. Share Your Experience With Racism And Discrimination by rickleye: 6:30pm On Sep 21, 2023
CandidAdmin:

Which country? Are you saying you've never experienced anything close to that?

WOW!!!

If you go looking you’ll find . If you mind your business who cares

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Abroad. Share Your Experience With Racism And Discrimination by lagonovo: 6:30pm On Sep 21, 2023
rickleye:

Simple!
Re: Nigerians Abroad. Share Your Experience With Racism And Discrimination by falopey: 6:30pm On Sep 21, 2023
TheCongo2:

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Be very careful, you are talking to a flight trainee learning on the job working as a flight instructor grin grin grin grin grin grin

So what’s funny about that? 🤷🏽‍♂️🤷🏼‍♂️

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Abroad. Share Your Experience With Racism And Discrimination by TheCongo2: 6:33pm On Sep 21, 2023
oakenfold:

These idiots come to the USA, stand on the achievements from centuries of the struggles, blood and lives of Afro-Americans, then side with white racists. Spewing white racist talking-points with no shame, even as they try to roll back progress.

Very sad and ungrateful

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Abroad. Share Your Experience With Racism And Discrimination by shegzee43: 6:34pm On Sep 21, 2023
Three years in Canada, the only black in a white dominated office. I haven't seen or heard anything that looks like racism. However, you will be surprised that I experienced the worst form of racial treatment, working in an Indian Oil and gas company in Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Abroad. Share Your Experience With Racism And Discrimination by Rossikk(m): 6:35pm On Sep 21, 2023
rickleye:

Garbage.

YouTube is filled with ‘KAREN’ videos where some white ‘Karen’ is telling a black person that they couldn’t possibly afford to live in their neighbourhood, and even calling the police on them!

And in this year alone there have been several mass shootings targeted at blacks just for being black!

You NIGERIAN COONS with your see no evil, hear no evil approach to racism are a disgrace.

If the Afro Americans had your slavish approach, blacks would still be getting lynched on the streets and barred from restaurants and theatres.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Abroad. Share Your Experience With Racism And Discrimination by Pootle: 6:37pm On Sep 21, 2023
how about share your experience with tribalism in nigeria
Re: Nigerians Abroad. Share Your Experience With Racism And Discrimination by TheCongo2: 6:39pm On Sep 21, 2023
shegzee43:
Three years in Canada, the only black in a white dominated office. I haven't seen or heard anything that looks like racism. However, you will be surprised that I experienced the worst form of racial treatment, working in an Indian Oil and gas company in Nigeria.

Racism in Canada is more subtle than obvious.
You will never see or hear anything racist. However, the more time you will spend in Canada, the more you will feel racism.
This is why it is called subtle or everyday racism.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Abroad. Share Your Experience With Racism And Discrimination by Memberclub(m): 6:40pm On Sep 21, 2023
planetx:
Long time ago when I first visited the UK got a job outside London and took a bus, but since I was new asked the oyinbo bus driver where to get off and the guy just ignored me totally and didn't answer. Sat down and got off at the next stop anyway, when he drove by I gave him the middle finger this fool came down and wanted to fight me lol, I was like wtf. He got back into his bus and drove off after cursing me.

Next one same outside London entered the bus going to this same yeye security job again, sat down next to an oyinbo man he got off the seat started mumbling and sat down somewhere else, I was like I dey smell. One oyinbo woman saw what happened shook her head told me to ignore him.

Next went to visit my cousin in Liverpool studying at the university there, some oyinbo students ladies were also staying in the house so we decided to hop in a taxi to go clubbing, you won't believe we got to the club this oyinbo girls refuse to follow us inside, I was like wtf the same people we where chilling with inside the taxi lol. Nobody told me before I japa back to Nigeria never went back to that rubbish country again.

Why I smh when I hear about people selling their properties to go live in the UK of all places, the racism is probably 10x worse now compared to then with all the millions of immigrants that have flooded that place that in most major UK cities now indigenous white Britons are now the minority.
why didn't they follow you guys to the club lol
Re: Nigerians Abroad. Share Your Experience With Racism And Discrimination by ibrahim55(m): 6:40pm On Sep 21, 2023
Mindlog:
While tribalism is catwalking in the open air in Nigeria. sad
the kind tribalism that flows in the veins of an average Nigerian will shock u and this same people willl be the first once to shout and scream to the high heavens of racism radarada

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Abroad. Share Your Experience With Racism And Discrimination by falopey: 6:41pm On Sep 21, 2023
Rossikk:

OH PLEASE SHUT UP.

What nepotism and tribalism In Nigeria stops you from professional success?

In Nigeria the problem is lack of jobs, NOT on the job discrimination based on ethnicity or a refusal by employers to hire people based on their ethnicity.

In America and the UK, there are literally MILLIONS of Africans and Asians who work jobs below their qualifications. Thousands of Nigerian graduates in America work as taxi drivers, including PhD holders. ALL BECAUSE THEY ARE BLACKS AND HAVE AN AFRICAN ACCENT.

Even the Afro Americans suffer extreme disparities in education funding, with schools in black neighbourhoods getting low funding compared to schools in white neighbourhoods, and there is serious employment discrimination based on race for which numerous studies have been made, so it is NOT open to debate.

Here we go again. I don’t deny racism. It exits. But is everything racism though? This is your typical example of lack of accountability seen as racism. Everything is racism to Democrats “zombies”.

Black Woman Breaks Down In Tears Over Getting KICKED OUT of First Class Seat She Tried To Steal

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jwFwfk6glsA
Re: Nigerians Abroad. Share Your Experience With Racism And Discrimination by rickleye: 6:43pm On Sep 21, 2023
Rossikk:

Garbage.

YouTube is filled with ‘KAREN’ videos where some white ‘Karen’ is telling a black person that they couldn’t possibly afford to live in their neighbourhood, and even calling the police on them!

And in this year alone there have been several mass shootings targeted at blacks just for being black!

What garbage ?! Are you going to take a handful of Karen and say … that’s how every white person thinks ? Most Karen’s are republicans anyway.
Plus, would I want to live in a place where my privates can vanish in thin air or I could be lynched in a twinkle of an eye.
I ain’t saying it doesn’t exist but you won’t find me where I know it exist !
Re: Nigerians Abroad. Share Your Experience With Racism And Discrimination by ErenXSatoru(f): 6:43pm On Sep 21, 2023
Racism is over blown in the West, it's really not an issue

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Abroad. Share Your Experience With Racism And Discrimination by TheCongo2: 6:46pm On Sep 21, 2023
lagonovo:
Why bother with subtle nuanced behaviors? If the person is not bold enough to boldly make a stand on something that relates to me then I don't see that as any business of mine. I am not a mind or code reader.

The subtle nuances are the reason why seventy-three percent of the senior executives, men and women, are white. While only 2% are black.
For the advancement of black people, we can't ignore subtle racism.

@Professor822714

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Abroad. Share Your Experience With Racism And Discrimination by shegzee43: 6:46pm On Sep 21, 2023
TheCongo2:

Racism in Canada is more subtle than obvious.
You will never see or hear anything racist. However, the more time you will spend in Canada, the more you will feel racism.
This is why it is called subtle or everyday racism.

There is discrimination everywhere in the world and that requires a professional to be armed with that level of emotional intelligence to help glide through all kinds of situations. For example, I know the kind of people I work with, and I don't talk or banter unnecessarily, I do my job and that's it.
Re: Nigerians Abroad. Share Your Experience With Racism And Discrimination by LordIsaac(m): 6:47pm On Sep 21, 2023
planetx:
I was passing through Frankfurt Airport in Germany and we took the bus from the gate to the plane on the tarmac, the only people nobody sat next to is me and another African guy, they all preferred to stand.
Experienced this many times in the US. In fact, I just laugh at them in my heart!

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Abroad. Share Your Experience With Racism And Discrimination by Rossikk(m): 6:48pm On Sep 21, 2023
falopey:

Here we go again. I don’t deny racism. It exits. But is everything racism though? This is your typical example of lack of accountability seen as racism. Everything is racism to Democrats “zombies”.

Black Woman Breaks Down In Tears Over Getting KICKED OUT of First Class Seat She Tried To Steal

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jwFwfk6glsA

You dumb slave and House Negro.

The only video you found was the one that makes your white Massa innocent, with blacks the trouble maker?

You are an absolute pea brain.

Fcking COCONUT sellout Uncle Tom.

Despicable.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Abroad. Share Your Experience With Racism And Discrimination by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 6:50pm On Sep 21, 2023
Codes151:
you are a demon.. u just sit and reason a stupid thing to bring into social media... no go find work... jobless Mofo
grin grin grin grin😂🤣🤣🤣
Re: Nigerians Abroad. Share Your Experience With Racism And Discrimination by Mindlog: 6:50pm On Sep 21, 2023
ibrahim55:
the kind tribalism that flows in the veins of an average Nigerian will shock u and this same people willl be the first once to shout and scream to the high heavens of racism radarada

Many of them see nothing wrong with tribalism but questions racism.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Abroad. Share Your Experience With Racism And Discrimination by TheCongo2: 6:51pm On Sep 21, 2023
shegzee43:

There is discrimination everywhere in the world and that requires a professional to be armed with that level of emotional intelligence to help glide through all kinds of situations. For example, I know the kind of people I work with, and I don't talk or banter unnecessarily, I do my job and that's it.

With respect to the bolded, do you care about the fact that seventy-three percent of the senior executives are white? And only 2% are black.
Do your job as you say you do. But your white colleagues are more likely to be promoted before you do.
Nothing will change if we live in denial.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerians Abroad. Share Your Experience With Racism And Discrimination by Konquest: 6:53pm On Sep 21, 2023
tensazangetsu20:

Yeah. In Chile blacks have a bad reputation as the first set of blacks to come here were from Haiti. Unless you tell them when you meet a Chilean as a black man they assume you are from Haiti and those who speak a little bit of french will try to speak french to you. Haitians have a very bad reputation here so it's best to let them know immediately they see you that you aren't from Haiti if not cheesy cheesy cheesy
Oh, that's curious! So, Chile had no plantation slavery of any kind
before the arrival of the Haitian immigrants.
Re: Nigerians Abroad. Share Your Experience With Racism And Discrimination by Rossikk(m): 6:54pm On Sep 21, 2023
TheCongo2:

The subtle nuances are the reason why seventy-three percent of the senior executives, men and women, are white. While only 2% are black.

@Professor822714

These mumu Nigerians believe that so long as whites don’t call you their N word or throw bananas at you while making racist chants, that there is no racism.

They are so ignorant, it’s disgusting.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Abroad. Share Your Experience With Racism And Discrimination by moshino(m): 6:54pm On Sep 21, 2023
CandidAdmin:
Nigerian based abroad, please share your experience with racist or when you are being discriminated because of your color.

Note: This is not an Anti Japa thread.

Shouldn't you be more worried about the TRIBALISM and Religious BIGOTRY in Nigeria.
Re: Nigerians Abroad. Share Your Experience With Racism And Discrimination by shegzee43: 6:54pm On Sep 21, 2023
TheCongo2:

@Professor822714

Do you expect the contrary when they are far more than us numerically? I have seen a lot of top executives who are blacks. This mentality is a reason why blacks don't want to take strides in high places.

Indians face much more discrimination but still they are going ahead to take over political leaderships in the developed countries of Europe and America.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Abroad. Share Your Experience With Racism And Discrimination by funkemary(f): 6:55pm On Sep 21, 2023
This post is categorize specifically for Nigerians abroad and I do not fall in that category however, discrimination is not only limited to those abroad. We that are here face one discrimination or the other and we all know the real deal
Re: Nigerians Abroad. Share Your Experience With Racism And Discrimination by Rossikk(m): 6:56pm On Sep 21, 2023
ErenXSatoru:
Racism is over blown in the West, it's really not an issue

You are wrong, you little air head.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Abroad. Share Your Experience With Racism And Discrimination by falopey: 6:56pm On Sep 21, 2023
Rossikk:

You dumb slave and House Negro.

The only video you found was the one that makes your white Massa innocent, with blacks the trouble maker?

You are an absolute pea brain.

Fcking COCONUT sellout Uncle Tom.

Despicable.
Obviously the black woman is the troublemaker here while filming herself winning and crying racism that doesn’t exist in her situation and for her lack of accountability. Black race and lack of accountability are like coffee and cream. They go together
Re: Nigerians Abroad. Share Your Experience With Racism And Discrimination by TheCongo2: 6:56pm On Sep 21, 2023
Rossikk:

These mumu Nigerians believe that so long as whites don’t call you their N word or throw bananas at you while making racist chants, that there is no racism.

They are so ignorant, it’s disgusting.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Abroad. Share Your Experience With Racism And Discrimination by maasoap(m): 6:57pm On Sep 21, 2023
XtraFortunes:
The tribalism in Nigeria is worse than the racism in America.

Like somebody said sometime ago it is better to live in an advanced country with racist than to live in an under developed country like Nigeria with tribalism

Even me I have become tribalistic as I can not be friends with a Fulani man as I see all of them as killer herdsmen now. Will you blame me? After seeing Fulani herdsmen kill, kidnap and rape people with non of them brought to justice by government.
Have you also become tribalistic towards all igbos too because of the atrocities being committed by IPOB/ESN which has now resumed again? Or better still, should we all now see all Igbos as killers?
Re: Nigerians Abroad. Share Your Experience With Racism And Discrimination by shegzee43: 6:58pm On Sep 21, 2023
TheCongo2:

With respect to the bolded, do you care about the fact that seventy-three percent of the senior executives are white? And only 2% are black.
Do your job as you say you do. But your white colleagues are more likely to be promoted before you do.
Nothing will change if we live in denial.

On the contrary, I got promoted even before I was due.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (15) (Reply)

Cuba Plane Boeing 737 Crashes Near Havana Airport / Tex Trex / Have You Ever Been Stranded While Travelling? How Did It Go?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.