Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,546 members, 7,812,719 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:00 PM

I Need Advice On A Crime Case. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Need Advice On A Crime Case. (260 Views)

Why Isn’t Infidelity A Crime? / Is It A Crime To Admit That Your Spouse Is Older Than You? (my Story) / My Wife Is A Cheat. I Need Advice (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Need Advice On A Crime Case. by Juzec: 9:18am On Sep 21, 2023
Hi. Good morning everyone. Please I need advice on how to proceed from this delicate situation.

A guy bought a phone of 300k from me with a fake transfer in Abuja. I made the mistake of trusting the wrong person.

Since then the number is mostly switched off but occasionally it comes on. So I paid a police officer the sum of 30k to help me track the number. The tracking result came out (his last coordinate...6 numbers he calls frequently and their last coordinates - he actually sent me the result).

After the result came out, The police officer requested for another 80k for mobilization to pick up the guy the next day and I eventually paid 30k after much negotiation. The evening of the following day, he called me that the number is switched off and there is nothing they can do until he turns it on. Sadly, since the day he told me this, the fraudster's number has remained switched off.

I even suggested he pick up some of the persons on the tracking list but he said he can't contact the "soft targets" for they might deny knowing him and eventually ruin the investigation.

Please those with experience can suggest the next step for me to take coz I'm genuinely confused.
Re: I Need Advice On A Crime Case. by Creamcrest(m): 9:21am On Sep 21, 2023
Juzec:
Hi. Good morning everyone. Please I need advice on how to proceed from this delicate situation.

A guy bought a phone of 300k from me with a fake transfer in Abuja. I made the mistake of trusting the wrong person.

Since then the number is mostly switched off but occasionally it comes on. So I paid a police officer the sum of 30k to help me track the number. The tracking result came out (his last coordinate...6 numbers he calls frequently and their last coordinates - he actually sent me the result).

After the result came out, The police officer requested for another 80k for mobilization to pick up the guy the next day and I eventually paid 30k after much negotiation. The evening of the following day, he called me that the number is switched off and there is nothing they can do until he turns it on. Sadly, since the day he told me this, the fraudster's number has remained switched off.

I even suggested he pick up some of the persons on the tracking list but he said he can't contact the "soft targets" for they might deny knowing him and eventually ruin the investigation.

Please those with experience can suggest the next step for me to take coz I'm genuinely confused.
Chat me up let's talk I can advise you better.
Re: I Need Advice On A Crime Case. by Nobody: 9:22am On Sep 21, 2023
As a seasoned online trader, I didn't expect you to fall for fake alert scams. But something's are inevitable.

As for the police man, why did he collect money from you when he knows that he's just going to come up with some tales at the end?

I sincerely hope the fraudster finds himself in the net of the law.
Re: I Need Advice On A Crime Case. by ebexofficial: 9:25am On Sep 21, 2023
Otilo
Re: I Need Advice On A Crime Case. by Jicqueville: 9:25am On Sep 21, 2023
At this point, you have to be patient and pray he switch on the number again..stay positive

Re: I Need Advice On A Crime Case. by Juzec: 9:26am On Sep 21, 2023
Creamcrest:

Chat me up let's talk I can advise you better.
I will hit you up now with the number on your signature
Re: I Need Advice On A Crime Case. by Juzec: 9:30am On Sep 21, 2023
Miracood2:
As a seasoned online trader, I didn't expect you to fall for fake alert scams. But something's are inevitable.

As for the police man, why did he collect money from you when he knows that he's just going to come up with some tales at the end?

I sincerely hope the fraudster finds himself in the net of the law.
Yeah it just one of those things. The police officer came highly recommended but story changed after money touch hand. I just want to know if there is anything I can do legally to retrieve it or to just forget about it and move on
Re: I Need Advice On A Crime Case. by anthonyuncle(m): 9:30am On Sep 21, 2023
your policeman has contacted the guy and strucked a deal with the guy grin
Re: I Need Advice On A Crime Case. by Juzec: 9:30am On Sep 21, 2023
Jicqueville:
At this point, you have to be patient and pray he switch on the number again..stay positive
alright boss. Thanks
Re: I Need Advice On A Crime Case. by Nobody: 9:44am On Sep 21, 2023
I hope you can get a hold of the thief. But the yeye policeman that collected unecessary money from you himself is also a thief. Imagine a thief catching a thief, smh.

(1) (Reply)

Parents ,do You Know Where Children Can Be Vaccinated Against Diphtheria? / At What Age Did You Finally Discovered Your Calling And Purpose In Life? / Nigeria’s Folorunsho Alakija Is Giving Away N1billion | Apply Within

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.