Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,214 members, 7,818,729 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:09 PM

How's Your Relationship With Your Parent - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How's Your Relationship With Your Parent (12561 Views)

When Last Did You Send Money To Your Parent? / How I Ended My Relationship With A Married Man / I Destroyed My Sister Relationship With Her Fiancé And She Lost Her Job (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How's Your Relationship With Your Parent by tiswell(m): 5:33pm On Sep 22, 2023
Fountainofyouth:

You have a serious problem, so children are blind not to know what is happening in their home? When they become adults they still do not know or are not aware that they have an absentee and terrible father? Yet you sit in your two by two and conclude that women give them hate filled orientation as if grown up adults cannot think for themselves, everything must be the mothers fault, exactly what deadbeats and potential deadbeats spew as excuses for their uselessness.
You have just vented your own personal anger towards men.

A lot of kids out there with daddy-issues,but it's worse on a girl child.

Mostly, the weaker-sex,emotion and victim games being played by most women,technically manipulates the kids to their own side and men the opposite.
Re: How's Your Relationship With Your Parent by Splitmind: 5:34pm On Sep 22, 2023
I haven't seen mine in years, since I was a small baby they dumped me by the roadside.
Re: How's Your Relationship With Your Parent by tiswell(m): 5:35pm On Sep 22, 2023
Samantha124:
Sometimes as a father, you need to put your big ego aside and be a father to your children by spending some time with them and doing the things they love, even if it means going down to their level.

This is why most African kids would be financially supporting their mothers and not their fathers when they grow older... It's not the mother's fault, but it's the man's fault for always not making time for his kids... Some kids are even afraid of their own fathers.

And by the time the fathers start thinking of making some time for their children, it'll be too late because the children would now be adults and having their own lives to live.
At this point,I agree with you totally.
Re: How's Your Relationship With Your Parent by TPound(m): 5:52pm On Sep 22, 2023
Micah chapter 7 verses 5 and 6
Re: How's Your Relationship With Your Parent by 1Sharon(f): 5:54pm On Sep 22, 2023
tiswell:
the guy sounds overly vindictive,usually a feminine trait.

Look well,the mum has her finger up his fvcking as*

So you're very certain about what happened in his family home more than he is? undecided

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How's Your Relationship With Your Parent by pocohantas(f): 6:17pm On Sep 22, 2023
Tallesty1:
LMAO.

My mom would go on and on about this and that, who did this, and who didn't do that, giving every detail. If she wants to share a conversation she had with someone over the phone, she typically begins by recounting the entire phone call experience. ''I called her, and it rang, but she didn't pick up. Then I called again later, and she picked up and said hi and I said hello.''

Then when I am tired and want to hang up or say my airtime is running out, she will then say, 'Ah, but I haven't even told you what I asked you to call for. Recharge and call me back.

They are all functioning on the same OS. You see that recharge and call me back? My parents use all their data to watch fake news on FaceBook.

🤣🤣🤣🤣

7 Likes

Re: How's Your Relationship With Your Parent by pocohantas(f): 6:18pm On Sep 22, 2023
Peterpan007:

Good afternoon ma...

please I'll like to make an inquiry from you, I sent you an email...

Good evening!
A dead thread would suffice.

1 Like

Re: How's Your Relationship With Your Parent by ruffDiamond: 6:36pm On Sep 22, 2023
The fathers are always the bbad guys,most of the time.let me tell one .I Never ever like 'my'(notice the italic,I hate using the possessive for him!)for one thing !just one thing!as for mom, even she regretted having for that bastard! angry
Re: How's Your Relationship With Your Parent by cobby14(m): 6:42pm On Sep 22, 2023
They’re both a headache but I love them both
Re: How's Your Relationship With Your Parent by occfx: 7:20pm On Sep 22, 2023
FlawlessKarl:
shocked

I have a healthy relationship with my mum, I love her so much, even though she doesn't have much, but she sacrifices alot for me. She single handedly sees my through my university hence I owe her so much.

Though I am not going to lie , as good as my mum is to me, she can be so annoying at times with her toxic words.

For my dad, he doesn't care and I in the other hand don't care about him. Man is evil in all standard.

When you marry you will understand some things. He is not evil actually na marriage condition make am evil. I don't rapour with my dad but I value him more than mum irrespective of anything.

1 Like

Re: How's Your Relationship With Your Parent by gidjah(m): 7:29pm On Sep 22, 2023
It is six page already but just seeing this and I feel it is imperative I contribute seeing this talks so much about me.WE deal it parallel lines,tried hard to get it working but the pains of child hood toture and terror...moma left at a early but wise age on my side , she too was just a square peg in a round hole in my court.Daddy was a good man but his ideologies and mine no jam at all, the gaps he created way way back created a hunting skeleton that refused to just go away.This Life no truely Balance o !
Re: How's Your Relationship With Your Parent by gidjah(m): 7:31pm On Sep 22, 2023
occfx:

When you marry you will understand some things. He is not evil actually na marriage condition make am evil. I don't rapour with my dad but I value him more than mum irrespective of anything.
same here bro, Dad is my hero , he single handedly played the role of a man and woman all my growing up, but we two couldn't just clique.I am a reserve kinda person so I choose to keep off ether than go into confrontation. I hate dishonor and dis respect

1 Like

Re: How's Your Relationship With Your Parent by Tallesty1(m): 8:33pm On Sep 22, 2023
pocohantas:

They are all functioning on the same OS. You see that recharge and call me back? My parents use all their data to watch fake news on FaceBook.

🤣🤣🤣🤣
FaceBook fake news. cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Mom doesn't use data, just voice calls but she rarely uses her own airtime sef, nah flash she dey flash and person go still pay for the flash.
Re: How's Your Relationship With Your Parent by patosky3310(m): 8:43pm On Sep 22, 2023
My mother - Great.
My father- He is late, but our relationship was great.
Re: How's Your Relationship With Your Parent by Edoziesmart(m): 8:56pm On Sep 22, 2023
Draslo:
Barely talk to my dad about anything. We used to be very close when I was a kid until the day he gave me a scar nobody can miss when they see me. He flogged me thinking I was lying only to find out later I was telling the truth. He never apologized. I love my mom but I limit what I share with her cos na man I be

This scar dey mess with my self esteem badly even till today. I've had women tell me without the scar, aesthetically, I would be perfect.
Which scar is that? The cane affect part of your eyes or what?

Sorry for that bro.
Re: How's Your Relationship With Your Parent by sunnymighty(m): 8:56pm On Sep 22, 2023
Babysho:
My dad is a really good dad but he's old now and we don't talk about much anymore.

My Mom has been an amazing Mom but she currently has breast cancer and it's killing me that I can't help her. We don't have much and it's almost like I just have to stand and watch her leave..I sometimes refuse to pick her call because of the sadness in her voice, it leaves me in wrecks for days. Everyday I keep hoping for a miracle because she doesn't deserve that. She deserves a chance to fight it at least.

This is pathetic, may God heal her bro!

1 Like

Re: How's Your Relationship With Your Parent by cyrusmillz: 9:26pm On Sep 22, 2023
minakom:
With my mother, perfect.
Father, not heard from him for 19 years.

With my kids. Awsome and so shall it be till my last breath

No matter what the story is , try to make peace with your father.
Re: How's Your Relationship With Your Parent by sunsweet33: 9:51pm On Sep 22, 2023
Basically zero. African parenting style needs a complete overhaul, I’m sorry to say. Too bad

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How's Your Relationship With Your Parent by Khayceeofficial(m): 11:18pm On Sep 22, 2023
Wished it was better than it is right now

Really difficult trying to cope with people who keep giving you reasons to stay away from them with their actions and words.
Re: How's Your Relationship With Your Parent by Chaser1998: 11:55pm On Sep 22, 2023
Dad sacrifices a lot and he’s still doing it till today Wic makes me feel sad sometimes despite not being a kid anymore not talking about money ooo cause meself Dey calm but sometimes I do find myself in some situations that he’s d only that might be able to help me out and it really been hard on both of us because I always have dix believe that I don’t need it but he’s always wish I could be free to ask for his help but I feel I just can’t bring myself to seek out his help but hope one day I make it in life just want to provide and take care of him for life because he really earned it…relationship with my pop the communication isn’t really there but we are good on some things why we both have different opinions about alot of things
Re: How's Your Relationship With Your Parent by NevetsIbot(m): 1:28am On Sep 23, 2023
My Father.. Had a very rocky relationship with him till I was about 19yrs when I started to bridge the gap between us on purpose.

He only provided. He wasn’t available for anything more than providing to the kids. He’s close to being a friend now that I’m all grown up. We talk about cars to money and some other male topics whenever we see. Understandably, he spent all his money on the family from his meager salary… every single dime.. He wouldn’t buy clothes for himself for years.

I watched him beg at our junction as a kid when his salary had not come and the family was hungry. Till date, he doesn’t know I witnessed that. I buy him gifts anytime I get the chance to. He deserves it.

You’d admire and love him this minute , but you’d feel like breaking his car window in the next minute. Lol

My mom…Woman is an angel to me. Supported my art from day one and always encouraged me. Is always ready to fly to Jupiter for me. Her car was always available to me even if I needed it for a months journey. Her resources were always at my disposal and would always brag about me anywhere.

She’s gets a portion of my monthly profits steady!

She is toxic too when she wants to be sha. And can be very annoying and stubborn too.

All in all.. My dad instilled the discipline, he was the left hand to beat a child and mum was the right hand to draw the child close after. Save for a few little changes, I’d love to grow under them all over again in another life.

2 Likes

Re: How's Your Relationship With Your Parent by carlos1(m): 2:17am On Sep 23, 2023
After going tru comments here
i can say am blessed beyond
measure o.
My both parents are wonderful,
they are very good parents aswear.

Mum a retired secondary school principal,
Dad a medical doctor by profession.

they had and still having positive impact
in my life.

thanks toGod

i treasure bth of dem
Re: How's Your Relationship With Your Parent by Cti28(m): 3:20am On Sep 23, 2023
pocohantas:
Excellent.
When I was younger, I didn't understand a lot of their actions. Now I am older, it makes me appreciate how much they sacrificed to feed us and pay our fees. I seriously wonder how our parents did it.

I don't shy away from their calls anymore.
Even if I don't pick immediately, I must call back.

It makes them very happy. My dad in particular would give you update on the whole LGA. Who knack person wife and who do juju. I look forward to his updates which comes mostly after their Sunday meetings. grin
😱😱😱
Re: How's Your Relationship With Your Parent by purples25(f): 9:45am On Sep 23, 2023
Babysho:
My dad is a really good dad but he's old now and we don't talk about much anymore.

My Mom has been an amazing Mom but she currently has breast cancer and it's killing me that I can't help her. We don't have much and it's almost like I just have to stand and watch her leave..I sometimes refuse to pick her call because of the sadness in her voice, it leaves me in wrecks for days. Everyday I keep hoping for a miracle because she doesn't deserve that. She deserves a chance to fight it at least.

I hope your mom survives the cancer. Sorry about what you both are going through.

1 Like

Re: How's Your Relationship With Your Parent by enohorglo(f): 3:42pm On Sep 23, 2023
Relationship with mom was great, lost her in 2019. I have patched things up with dad and we are cordial with each other

1 Like

Re: How's Your Relationship With Your Parent by silverkings: 3:50pm On Sep 23, 2023
dosage150:
We can only talk about my mother (who gave 6 of us "life"wink

I can't make mention of my dad
My folks wonder most atimes
Lol.... But you go send money to him soon.... Blessed are the merciful..... We move

1 Like

Re: How's Your Relationship With Your Parent by okewumi: 6:08pm On Sep 23, 2023
May God give my parent more long life. MY DAD IS THE BEST I HAVE EVER SEEN. After God, he is the next. I failed many times and he kept bringing out the best out if me despite being a teacher. Infant l have to beg him to stop giving me upkeep after NYSC.
I love you Dad.

1 Like

Re: How's Your Relationship With Your Parent by dosage150(m): 2:02am On Sep 24, 2023
silverkings:
Lol.... But you go send money to him soon.... Blessed are the merciful..... We move
Lol wetin man go do?, We keep doing our best
Re: How's Your Relationship With Your Parent by hstar: 2:49pm On Oct 17, 2023
Samantha124:
Sometimes as a father, you need to put your big ego aside and be a father to your children by spending some time with them and doing the things they love, even if it means going down to their level.

This is why most African kids would be financially supporting their mothers and not their fathers when they grow older... It's not the mother's fault, but it's the man's fault for always not making time for his kids... Some kids are even afraid of their own fathers.

And by the time the fathers start thinking of making some time for their children, it'll be too late because the children would now be adults and having their own lives to live.
You raised a lot of points

But, this is well said.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

My Husband Is Acting Funny / X / The Struggle Of Wanting A Particular Child Gender

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.