Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,068 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:04 AM

How's Your Relationship With Your Parent - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How's Your Relationship With Your Parent (12542 Views)

When Last Did You Send Money To Your Parent? / How I Ended My Relationship With A Married Man / I Destroyed My Sister Relationship With Her Fiancé And She Lost Her Job (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How's Your Relationship With Your Parent by Draslo(m): 3:45pm On Sep 22, 2023
77star:

He didn't apologize?

I'm shocked!
Not verbally. We visited the optics hospital. Spent quarter a million on tests. Surgery was too expensive so it was abandoned. Never verbally.

3 Likes

Re: How's Your Relationship With Your Parent by akube34: 3:47pm On Sep 22, 2023
Ashirioluwa:
Ruin your life, how? We need to stop living this life of entitlement.

Okay, since you’ve moved on, have you been able to put your ruined life back on track?

We are all aware that the majority of Nigerian parents are authoritarian, and their behavior or ways can sometimes annoy the kids.

They don't give a damn about how the kids feel because they want things done their way. However, if you don't agree with your parents' behavior or ways of doing things, once you've reached adulthood, keep your distance and live your own life while remaining respectful to them.
how? Are you not entitled as their child?

1 Like

Re: How's Your Relationship With Your Parent by nyzeo(m): 3:47pm On Sep 22, 2023
I really would not love to see my parents anymore because they betrayed me.... They desyroyed my life... I hold no apologies.. Especially my greedy father.

3 Likes

Re: How's Your Relationship With Your Parent by akube34: 3:48pm On Sep 22, 2023
phemmybernabeu:
Honour your father and your mother... So that your days may be long.

This is an instruction without condition.

So irrespective of who they are, what they did or what they're doing...

The instruction is CLEAR.

You will not die young.
lol funny. So if your mama wan kill you, you go still honor am? Weyre

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How's Your Relationship With Your Parent by Fountainofyouth(f): 3:48pm On Sep 22, 2023
tiswell:
why always the dad?
mothers and women are always good.

Yet,it's women that gives birth to these kids that continues the cycle of hate towards men.

hate-filled orientation on the kids is usually a woman's yardstick for measuring a man's perceived fvck up,and the innocent kids would grow with it thinking it's a way of life.

You have a serious problem, so children are blind not to know what is happening in their home? When they become adults they still do not know or are not aware that they have an absentee and terrible father? Yet you sit in your two by two and conclude that women give them hate filled orientation as if grown up adults cannot think for themselves, everything must be the mothers fault, exactly what deadbeats and potential deadbeats spew as excuses for their uselessness.

7 Likes

Re: How's Your Relationship With Your Parent by Hugo55(m): 3:53pm On Sep 22, 2023
Mom, for many many years, i don't have any emotional connection toward her. Dad is supber!, respect him alot.

1 Like

Re: How's Your Relationship With Your Parent by 1Sharon(f): 3:55pm On Sep 22, 2023
Draslo:
Barely talk to my dad about anything. We used to be very close when I was a kid until the day he gave me a scar nobody can miss when they see me. He flogged me thinking I was lying only to find out later I was telling the truth. He never apologized. I love my mom but I limit what I share with her cos na man I be

This scar dey mess with my self esteem badly even till today. I've had women tell me without the scar, aesthetically, I would be perfect.
💔
Re: How's Your Relationship With Your Parent by Tallesty1(m): 3:57pm On Sep 22, 2023
pocohantas:
Excellent.
My dad in particular would give you update on the whole LGA. Who knack person wife and who do juju. I look forward to his updates which comes mostly after their Sunday meetings. grin
LMAO.

My mom would go on and on about this and that, who did this, and who didn't do that, giving every detail. If she wants to share a conversation she had with someone over the phone, she typically begins by recounting the entire phone call experience. ''I called her, and it rang, but she didn't pick up. Then I called again later, and she picked up and said hi and I said hello.''

Then when I am tired and want to hang up or say my airtime is running out, she will then say, 'Ah, but I haven't even told you what I asked you to call for. Recharge and call me back.

1 Like

Re: How's Your Relationship With Your Parent by 77star: 4:00pm On Sep 22, 2023
Draslo:

Not verbally. We visited the optics hospital. Spent quarter a million on tests. Surgery was too expensive so it was abandoned. Never verbally.
So sorry about this

3 Likes

Re: How's Your Relationship With Your Parent by Nobody: 4:00pm On Sep 22, 2023
chatinent:
Better left unsaid.
I wish to read it because I'm surprised at this.

You are one of the few upright men on this forum if not the best, so I was expecting something good and not this.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How's Your Relationship With Your Parent by spencekat(m): 4:08pm On Sep 22, 2023
minakom:

Forgiven him long before
👍👍👍
Re: How's Your Relationship With Your Parent by olaniyilukman(m): 4:09pm On Sep 22, 2023
minakom:
With my mother, perfect.
Father, not heard from him for 19 years.

With my kids. Awsome and so shall it be till my last breath
and you never make any effort to look for your Dad and visit him because you believe all the lies your mother told you...
Re: How's Your Relationship With Your Parent by 1Sharon(f): 4:13pm On Sep 22, 2023
tiswell:
e fit be ya mum that reported you to be flogged,yet turned around to play on ya side afterwards.

Men have always been unsung heroes in marriage and family.

Make amends with ya dad,else ya children will return the favour someday

Why are you defending nonsense The guy said his father refused to apologise despite knowing he is wrong, what does that have to do with the mother??

3 Likes

Re: How's Your Relationship With Your Parent by Octopusssy(f): 4:13pm On Sep 22, 2023
Perfect. After God, it is my parents.
Re: How's Your Relationship With Your Parent by ukaface(f): 4:16pm On Sep 22, 2023
No matter the hurt parents cause I hope children will try to forgive them. They obviously haven’t been parents in their life before, neither do they have the manual of parenting. They decided to be parents when they thought they were ready but really no one can fully be ready to be a parent because you no know how you go do wey na trauma you go cause to your kids.

In the end parents are human that had a particular upbringing and most of them would continue with that same upbringing method in addition with their personalities, so🤷🏽‍♀️ sha in conclusion, y’all that are hurt forgive em and at least get to know how they’re fairing.
Re: How's Your Relationship With Your Parent by Caaz: 4:21pm On Sep 22, 2023
Octopusssy:
Perfect. After God, it is my parents.
Awwwww

1 Like

Re: How's Your Relationship With Your Parent by Goddyj(m): 4:21pm On Sep 22, 2023
Relationship with Dad was neutral until he passed two years ago.

Mom only sees me as a cash cow, She loves and praises when I can provide, but the moment she hear say money no dey, na abuse she go use follow me. But I have learnt many lessons

1 Like

Re: How's Your Relationship With Your Parent by GorillaApp(m): 4:24pm On Sep 22, 2023
tiswell:
Single mother-raised or just mother's most ways of getting back at fathers-prolly for some minor issues way back.

You lads should wake da fvck up,cos this cycle will continue,even with ya offspring,mo matter how hard you think you want to please them.
i pity most young men because they dont know their mothers can be manipulative and destroy their dads reputation

1 Like

Re: How's Your Relationship With Your Parent by jojothaiv(m): 4:24pm On Sep 22, 2023
dosage150:

Separated family (no divorce)

Grew up under the shade of our mum
19years + (still counting)
Now, I understand.

1 Like

Re: How's Your Relationship With Your Parent by jojothaiv(m): 4:25pm On Sep 22, 2023
aidameoryou:

Up your hustle guy,
Leave all those hustle make you, hustle no make you.
People still keep up with family on a regular incorporating hustle too
I never said I don't keep on touch man.
Re: How's Your Relationship With Your Parent by OTTIDOO(f): 4:25pm On Sep 22, 2023
My parents are the sweetest,. in as much as my dad that time will beat the hell outta you ind name of "spared a rod & spoiled the child" syndrome) whenever we are wrong ,
Until my dad took ill since when i was in secondary sch till date,
My mom has been so supportive, she had sponsored 7 of us, 6 uni graduates + a nurse,
Although with my dad's pension too.
Infact my love ❤️💚🤍 for my dad/ mom is priceless, my mom is actually a virtue woman,
Recently she gave me some money from d pension she collected bcus things are so rough this days,
We are graduates but with no jobz
& Yet she still takes care of us.,
Pls help me🙏 Shout! out to all the supportives dads/moms out there.🙏

5 Likes

Re: How's Your Relationship With Your Parent by minakom: 4:26pm On Sep 22, 2023
olaniyilukman:
and you never make any effort to look for your Dad and visit him because you believe all the lies your mother told you...
Hmmmn. It is well. I tried connecting with him but he shunned me. Did my best
Re: How's Your Relationship With Your Parent by GorillaApp(m): 4:28pm On Sep 22, 2023
Dbest10:
I have one of the best Dad some people can ever dream of ,my father plays with as if we are age mate, especially trolling me about Chelsea losing matche because he is an Arsenal fan, but must times I get angry at him because he divorced my mum. While my mom is the best thing that ever happened to my life.
i understand howe it feels, your mom would definitely be good to you as her son but you cant tell what she must have done to your pops. just love them both
Re: How's Your Relationship With Your Parent by fobiflex(m): 4:31pm On Sep 22, 2023
I love my both parents unconditionally especially my dad needs to make it real quick to that man a happy man while earth
Re: How's Your Relationship With Your Parent by justmondris: 4:33pm On Sep 22, 2023
Great
Re: How's Your Relationship With Your Parent by falcon01: 4:36pm On Sep 22, 2023
tiswell:
single mothers induced venom on kids about men
you wouldn't know. If you have a good relationship with your pops, good for you.

1 Like

Re: How's Your Relationship With Your Parent by olanrewajumi(m): 4:45pm On Sep 22, 2023
By the time a man realizes that his father was right,he would have probably had a son who thinks he is wrong

1 Like

Re: How's Your Relationship With Your Parent by dkidd: 4:57pm On Sep 22, 2023
It's super good with both. Used to resent my dad as a teenager because he always expected too much from me like I'm different from everyone but growing up as a man changed all that... I began to understand him better. I can call my dad and talk for hours on everything like he's my paddy man and his experience is vast so I still learn from him a lot. My mom is my angel. I can give my right hand to make her smile. I love my parents and I'm lucky to still have both sound and healthy

1 Like

Re: How's Your Relationship With Your Parent by Babysho(m): 5:00pm On Sep 22, 2023
My dad is a really good dad but he's old now and we don't talk about much anymore.

My Mom has been an amazing Mom but she currently has breast cancer and it's killing me that I can't help her. We don't have much and it's almost like I just have to stand and watch her leave..I sometimes refuse to pick her call because of the sadness in her voice, it leaves me in wrecks for days. Everyday I keep hoping for a miracle because she doesn't deserve that. She deserves a chance to fight it at least.

2 Likes

Re: How's Your Relationship With Your Parent by Komu1048(m): 5:02pm On Sep 22, 2023
I love my them, mum sacrifice much for me n dad tried his best I think. It’s time for them to eat the fruit of their Labour but man is still hustling.

My mum is everything to me, I just pray God bless me enough to bless them both
Re: How's Your Relationship With Your Parent by ugonology(m): 5:06pm On Sep 22, 2023
Purvan:
i just tell people they are dead even though they are alive and live well after ruining my life
Re: How's Your Relationship With Your Parent by tiswell(m): 5:27pm On Sep 22, 2023
1Sharon:

Why are you defending nonsense The guy said his father refused to apologise despite knowing he is wrong, what does that have to do with the mother??
the guy sounds overly vindictive,usually a feminine trait.

Look well,the mum has her finger up his fvcking as*

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Nigerian Girls Forced Into Prostitution In Cote D’ivoire-pics Inside / A Man Who Expects Good Food & Doesn't Drop Money / Girl molested Have A Plastic Pipe Inserted Into Her womanliness....

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.