Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,902 members, 7,814,053 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 04:07 AM

Nigerians Have No Reason To Be Poor- Tinubu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerians Have No Reason To Be Poor- Tinubu (15574 Views)

Nigerians Are Not Lazy, Have No Reason To Be Poor – Tinubu / Fuel Subsidy Favours The Rich More Than The Poor – Tinubu / Funke Olakunrin Died Serving The Poor - Tinubu [Photos] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerians Have No Reason To Be Poor- Tinubu by peekspot(m): 12:43pm On Sep 22, 2023
President Bola Tinubu has encouraged Nigerians in the U.S. to rise above failure by having a change of mindset for success in all their endeavours in life.

Tinubu who gave the advice at the Presidential Townhall Meeting with Nigerians in the diaspora on Wednesday in New York noted that Nigerians had no reason to be poor.

The News Agency of Nigeria reports that the Townhall Meeting was organised by the Nigerians in Diaspora Commission on the sidelines of the 78th session of the UN General Assembly.

Tinubu, who commended the efforts on out-of-school children, the healthcare programme and the need to eradicate poverty, said Nigeria was a blessed country.

“Sincerely, we don’t have any reason to be poor, we are just poor in some leadership areas.

“That is what I harped on during my campaign. It was a very gruesome campaign but I won the election but if I didn’t thrown myself into it with strong determination and result, I wouldn’t have won.

“There were so many hurdles on my way that would have stopped me. I refused to be stopped, you can do the same as many of you here that are contesting elections”, the President said.

Speaking further, he said, “I want to give you a measure that will resonate with you. I was once a diaspora. What you have been through, I have been through it. A change of mindset is necessary.

“Take it this night that Nigeria is home for business opportunities.

“Also, anywhere you stay, there is always going to be an opportunity in, and in everything you do, there is always going to be an opportunity, if you know how to search and put your mind into it,’’ he said.

The president, however, expressed delight in the conduct of Nigerians who have continued to excel in their chosen fields in their host country.

“You are lucky to be among those who are celebrated for good manners and behavior and are operating in an acceptable manner.

“I’m very proud of you; I have also been beneficial of inspiration, determination, commitment and perseverance and that is all you need to get to pull through.

“But, we need you back home, Nigeria has arrived; forget the frustration of the previous year’s leadership,’’ he said.

In addition, he urged the Nigerians to embrace one another, urging that there should not be no sentiment and discrimination among them.

Tinubu said: “You ought to embrace one another. No labeling, no identity, you should remove ethnic identify that tend to differentiate us.

“We are one single family, living in the same house but living in different rooms,.”

Earlier, the Chairperson of NiDCOM, Abike Dabiri-Erewa, introduced some Nigerians excelling in their chosen fields in in the U.S. to the president.

Some of them who spoke expressed their delight in the leadership courage of the president, pledging to continue to support him in his efforts to reform Nigeria.

They promised that they would continue to make Nigeria proud in their host country and also contribute their quotas to the development of the home country.

In his remarks, the first Nigerian-American elected into the United States Congress, Oye Owolewa, said 25 per cent of business orders in the U,S. were black and 1.7 per cent got federal contracts.

Owolewa, who represents Washington DC, said they have been supporting people to take advantage ot such opportunities for their economic empowerment.

“Those are the opportunities to make investors biggest in New York.

“In my office, we do the talk, we teach our people how to get contract, we teach our people how to get grants.,’’ he said.

Also speaking, a Nigerian-American, Olufunmilola Obe, an Inspector working in the New York Police Department, briefed the president on her efforts to make Africa, especially Nigeria proud in her office.

She told Tinubu that she was the coordinator of an African Law Enforcement Organisation, an association within the NYPD, as Vice President.

Obe is the first African ever to be promoted to the rank of an Inspector in the history of NYPD.

NAN reports that the Town Hall Meeting was attended by the Minister of Foreign of Affairs, Amb. Yusuf Tuggar; Minister of Marine and Blue Economy, Adegboyega Oyetola and the Permanent Representative of Nigeria to the UN, Amb.Tijjani Muhammad-Bande

Nigeria’s Ambassador to the United States, Amb. Uzoma Emenike; Consul General of Nigeria in New York, Amb. Lot Egopija; and Consul General in Atlanta, Amb. Amina Samaila were also in attendance.

Others were: Gov. Umo Eno of Akwa Ibom; Gov. Uba Sani of Kaduna State and Gov. AbdulRahman AbdulRasaq of Kwara, among others.

NAN

https://punchng.com/nigerians-have-no-reason-to-be-poor-tinubu/

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerians Have No Reason To Be Poor- Tinubu by Righthussle: 12:45pm On Sep 22, 2023
There's no way we won't be poor when we have leaders that are ok with spending Billions of Naira to sponsor people to Saudi Arabia and Israel to pray when our schools and hospitals are dilapidated, when we do not have constant power supply, when our roads are in terrible shape, when we have approximately 20 million out-of-school children and unemployment rate is alarmingly high.

One day Nigerian youths will come together irrespective of tribe and gender like we did with #endsars and demand for real change.

88 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Nigerians Have No Reason To Be Poor- Tinubu by Domaining101: 12:46pm On Sep 22, 2023
grin
Re: Nigerians Have No Reason To Be Poor- Tinubu by Urheadmaster(m): 12:50pm On Sep 22, 2023
cool

There are no differences between Bola Ahmed Tinubu and Buhari, the biggest scammer Nigeria ever had tongue

50 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Nigerians Have No Reason To Be Poor- Tinubu by id4sho(m): 12:50pm On Sep 22, 2023
Shey na rice vehicle they looted passed back tongue

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Have No Reason To Be Poor- Tinubu by Badgers14: 12:50pm On Sep 22, 2023
Somebody should tell him Nigerians are suffering.

Dollar is now N1k angry

26 Likes

Re: Nigerians Have No Reason To Be Poor- Tinubu by Watianoengineer(m): 12:50pm On Sep 22, 2023
Yet Nigeria is the poverty capital of the world courtesy of our wicked and devilish leaders.

30 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigerians Have No Reason To Be Poor- Tinubu by Ttipsy(f): 12:50pm On Sep 22, 2023
Another Gabberish
Coming from Baba Agbado

56 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Nigerians Have No Reason To Be Poor- Tinubu by Daniel058(m): 12:51pm On Sep 22, 2023
Even though I wanted Obi to be president, I have always respectd the jagaban of Africa believing that if he really want to make Nigeria Great, he has all it takes to do that.

I'm obidiently hailing you, the President of the federal republic of Nigeria!!

Weldone sir cool

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigerians Have No Reason To Be Poor- Tinubu by Kennyfancy(m): 12:51pm On Sep 22, 2023
No difference between Tinubu and Naira Marley
Evil pretenders

34 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerians Have No Reason To Be Poor- Tinubu by Chibuzoc(m): 12:51pm On Sep 22, 2023
grin Yes, nigerians have no reason but the government has a reason

8 Likes

Re: Nigerians Have No Reason To Be Poor- Tinubu by wittywriter: 12:51pm On Sep 22, 2023
Righthussle:
There's no way we won't be poor when we have leaders that are ok with spending Billions of Naira to sponsor people to go to Saudi Arabia and Israel to pray.
Exceed15:
Ok many Nigerians are poor under your useless anti- people policies.

The new sherrif in town...ill say BAT has no reason not to make Nigeria economy to be enviable by other countries since he is a Nigerian and the present president going by what he has said in this article.

BTW $ is already #1k now...

Wittyness

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Have No Reason To Be Poor- Tinubu by adaperry25: 12:51pm On Sep 22, 2023
Always taking us for a ride

28 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigerians Have No Reason To Be Poor- Tinubu by omoadeleye(m): 12:51pm On Sep 22, 2023
Yes

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Have No Reason To Be Poor- Tinubu by singlerfem: 12:51pm On Sep 22, 2023
So what are you doing about that?
Embezzling more? undecided

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Have No Reason To Be Poor- Tinubu by Blackfire(m): 12:51pm On Sep 22, 2023
Clown

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Have No Reason To Be Poor- Tinubu by haveMONEY: 12:51pm On Sep 22, 2023
Until u turned everyone to robbers 🙄

16 Likes

Re: Nigerians Have No Reason To Be Poor- Tinubu by lomprico(m): 12:51pm On Sep 22, 2023
No be everybody fit push drug like you na.

27 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigerians Have No Reason To Be Poor- Tinubu by Sabadon(m): 12:51pm On Sep 22, 2023
But you gave them several reasons to be....by suffocating them

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Have No Reason To Be Poor- Tinubu by Hamachi(f): 12:51pm On Sep 22, 2023
stfu and get the ground running

16 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Nigerians Have No Reason To Be Poor- Tinubu by Authoreety: 12:51pm On Sep 22, 2023
Heip o
Re: Nigerians Have No Reason To Be Poor- Tinubu by Kingcalls: 12:51pm On Sep 22, 2023
No be everybody wan do drug business like u

10 Likes

Re: Nigerians Have No Reason To Be Poor- Tinubu by MrNipplesLover(m): 12:52pm On Sep 22, 2023
See wetin this criminal dey talk...

Na Ogun go kill u, Tinubu...

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Have No Reason To Be Poor- Tinubu by bigdammyj: 12:52pm On Sep 22, 2023
Noted.
Re: Nigerians Have No Reason To Be Poor- Tinubu by minakom: 12:52pm On Sep 22, 2023
Tinubu symbolizes hope for Nigeria, but certain individuals persistently challenge his capabilities due to their inability to accept defeat in elections. These individuals, in reality, pose a significant threat to Nigeria, as they prioritize personal glory over the well-being of the nation, even if it means witnessing the country's decline.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigerians Have No Reason To Be Poor- Tinubu by OBIDIENTNAIJA: 12:52pm On Sep 22, 2023
This criminal drug lord is not serious at anything. What you have today, did you acquire them legitimately, This man has stolen everything one can imagine. From drug dealings to stealing Lagos blind, stealing people's identity, stealing lands and the worst of it all stealing the people's mandate. He just sit his lanky asss one place and be stealing people's sweat. It so pitiful to note that he has supporters. Demented supporters of course. They're all brainless.
At UNGA, he was just addressing almost an empty hall. Just get lost abeg. Thief.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Have No Reason To Be Poor- Tinubu by Princessstee: 12:52pm On Sep 22, 2023
Of course
Re: Nigerians Have No Reason To Be Poor- Tinubu by bluefilm: 12:52pm On Sep 22, 2023
What a very stupid statement angry

4 Likes

Re: Nigerians Have No Reason To Be Poor- Tinubu by Ttipsy(f): 12:52pm On Sep 22, 2023
Watianoengineer:
Yet Nigeria is the poverty capital of the world courtesy of our wicked and devilish leaders.
Amen
Re: Nigerians Have No Reason To Be Poor- Tinubu by 4tomandchi: 12:52pm On Sep 22, 2023
My policies has impoverished many Nigerians and so many are still falling to poverty everyday.

Please someone should ask Mr. Agbado if that what he meant to say!!!

The middle class in Nigeria has gradually disappeared in recent times what we now have is upper and lower or the rich and the poor as you want to put it.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians Have No Reason To Be Poor- Tinubu by Shedrack777: 12:52pm On Sep 22, 2023
but you politicians are ones stealing the wealth and resources of the nation

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

14 Years Since Abacha Departed: Drop A Message / Osinbajo At Ayo Adebanjo's 90th Birthday Service In Ogun (Photos) / President Buhari Arrives Mauritania Ahead Of 31 Session Of AU Summit(pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.