Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,461 members, 7,816,084 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:30 AM

Nigerians Have No Reason To Be Poor- Tinubu - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerians Have No Reason To Be Poor- Tinubu (15576 Views)

Nigerians Are Not Lazy, Have No Reason To Be Poor – Tinubu / Fuel Subsidy Favours The Rich More Than The Poor – Tinubu / Funke Olakunrin Died Serving The Poor - Tinubu [Photos] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians Have No Reason To Be Poor- Tinubu by adecz: 3:57pm On Sep 22, 2023
APC created extreme poverty❗️❗️😞😞
Re: Nigerians Have No Reason To Be Poor- Tinubu by Chetas81(m): 4:11pm On Sep 22, 2023
ASK THE NIGERIAN CITIZEN, WHAT IS THEIR OWN CONTRIBUTION TO MAKE NIGERIA GREAT, BEFORE THEY CAN ENJOYED IT
Re: Nigerians Have No Reason To Be Poor- Tinubu by porthouse7(f): 4:34pm On Sep 22, 2023
Fizalis:

Nigeria's economy is control by dollars because of our import based economy.

Naira is not accepted as payment outside our shores.

So importers need to change their naira to dollars to make payments.

The more a country imports stuff (Our imports surpass exports) the more their currency becomes useless or loses value.

Losing value means it's purchasing power goes down. So for eg, if you bought two Indomie with #100 don't be surprised to buy one at #100 naira next day.

Coming to dollars effect on fufu, the seller increases his or her price because fuel(remember our fuel is imported), food, transport,etc has gone up. So for him to be able to afford those, he needs to raise his price to be able to afford those things too.

That's how Dollar affects our economy.

If we export more we will have lots of dollar reserves and lower reserves if we import more.

Eg remember if you have 20 million in reserve ie your bank account, it will go down day by day if you spend more than you earn.
they have import & export window, real importers oo, we don't need dollars to buy fufu, the real value of dollar at import window is 790
Re: Nigerians Have No Reason To Be Poor- Tinubu by saysoo: 4:55pm On Sep 22, 2023
peekspot:

https://punchng.com/nigerians-have-no-reason-to-be-poor-tinubu/
Oga it is obvious you do not know Nigerians. There are very many poor people.
Re: Nigerians Have No Reason To Be Poor- Tinubu by bareal(m): 5:18pm On Sep 22, 2023
But unfortunately, they are poor and getting poorer under your administration. Very unfortunate!!!
Re: Nigerians Have No Reason To Be Poor- Tinubu by redirect(m): 5:42pm On Sep 22, 2023
I don't blame you, I blame people that put you as president (when you suppose to be your village ancestor's
Re: Nigerians Have No Reason To Be Poor- Tinubu by zeyt: 7:20pm On Sep 22, 2023
With persative insecurity of life and property, epileptic power supply, poor infrastructure and endemic corruption Nigerians have very good reason to be poor.
Re: Nigerians Have No Reason To Be Poor- Tinubu by ismodiwa(m): 10:30pm On Sep 22, 2023
Fortify our land before making such utrances
Re: Nigerians Have No Reason To Be Poor- Tinubu by nosa2ekundayo: 1:48am On Sep 23, 2023
Kennyfancy:
No difference between Tinubu and Naira Marley
Evil pretenders
I support this your talk with 6units of kolanut...
Re: Nigerians Have No Reason To Be Poor- Tinubu by emekamatthew976: 7:25am On Sep 23, 2023
BUT WAIT OO ANY HUMAN BEING IN THIS CURRENT NATION THAT SEES MR BAT OUR PRESIDENT IS DOING US A FAVOR BUT ALL THIS SHIT HE SAYS IN SOCIAL SHOULD THINK AGAIN I WISH ALL THOSE PEOPLE THAT SUPPORT TINUBU GOVERNMENT ARE ALL BUSINESS MEN AND WOMEN YOU SHOULD UNDERSTAND THIS MAN IS JUST RIDING US NO FUTURE LET’S LEAVE TRIBALISM ASIDE IF YOU ARE A TRADER CHECK HOW TOU IMPORT AND EXPORT THE NAIRA IS GOING DOWN SEE WE ARE NOT TALKING ABOUT OURSELVES BUT THE UNBORN CHILDREN YOU KEEP ON FIGHTING THE CORRUPT POLITICIANS WHO WANT YOU AND YOUR HOUSEHOLD REMAIN IN HAMSTER WHEEL 🛞 THINK AGAIN BRO LET’S FIGHT THIS SHIT TOGETHER BY UNITING AS 1
Re: Nigerians Have No Reason To Be Poor- Tinubu by Fizalis(m): 10:50am On Sep 23, 2023
Messileo10000:

Lol, there is no way my comment portrayed me as such.

More so, if you must know the problem of the country is an institutional problem.

NOT paying for pilgrimages for citizens to visit their revered faith-based location. The money that has been spent does not in ANY way affect the "possible" increase in the standard of living of the citizens.

I will say it to you also, point your fingers in the right direction.

Point noted sir!

So what do you opine we do to uproot and plant the right institutions for the progress of this great nation?

Institutionalized corruption of all sorts must go for any meaningful development to occur in Nigeria!
Re: Nigerians Have No Reason To Be Poor- Tinubu by Fizalis(m): 10:54am On Sep 23, 2023
porthouse7:
they have import & export window, real importers oo, we don't need dollars to buy fufu, the real value of dollar at import window is 790

Ok kind sir, how does the dollar not affect Naira's purchasing power or our standard of living directly or indirectly?

This question is an innocent question. I asked this question as a student not as a know it all.

Pls do due dilligence to the above question by educating me on the subject matter.
Re: Nigerians Have No Reason To Be Poor- Tinubu by MamaletASO: 9:36pm On Sep 23, 2023
Africans esp. Nigeria with senseless leadership skills...

What's the essence or impact of pilgrimage that gulps Billions annually...

Nigeria government should STOP pilgrimage sponsorship, right now..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Buhari’s New Year Speech Shows He Has Conceded Defeat -pdp...says Mr. President / Tinubu Writes Senate, Seeks Confirmation For NEDC Board Members / 14 Years Since Abacha Departed: Drop A Message

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.