Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,644 members, 7,813,159 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:59 AM

CHAINED with DIAMONDS (Breaking the Rules of Literature) ALL IN ONE - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / CHAINED with DIAMONDS (Breaking the Rules of Literature) ALL IN ONE (4682 Views)

Ikeogu Oke's Dressing To Collect His N36m NLNG Prize For Literature In Lagos / Wole Soyinka Receiving The Nobel Award For Literature In 1986(throwback Photo) / What's The Best Story You've Ever Read Here On Literature Forum (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

CHAINED with DIAMONDS (Breaking the Rules of Literature) ALL IN ONE by Tidal7(m): 1:21pm On Sep 22, 2023
It's a classless literary work. A condensation of everything, action/adventure, thriller/suspense, science fiction, romance, mystery, military, historical and so on.

"Chained with Diamonds" is a journey of a lifetime!

A movie in a book......

!
!

Book Description

!

!

Soon after Udi Daniel, a scientist based in the United States, has used his machine “beings” to dig up and dig out the biggest block of diamond the world will ever see in Australia, he is signed up into a web of powerful forces.

He signs out of the web after fighting a grueling battle, but love will arm-twist him to fly to Indonesia, to accept the offer of Ali Garabed, to re-design highly intelligent amphibious machines, to recover all kinds of diamond in a wooden ship, buried in the Indian Ocean centuries ago.

Shortly after recovering the Lost Ship, his world explodes to pieces before his eyes, as India, China, Indonesia and Australia knock horns over the ship.

It’s just the beginning for Udi Daniel as the lure of diamonds draws men and nations into a confined space, for total annihilation by the demon of diamonds!

However, the survival of men and nations rests on the shoulder of one man, who must bring science to the end.

I

No part of this book may be reproduced, distributed, or transmitted in any means, including photocopying, recording or other electronic or mechanical methods, or without the legal consent or prior written permission of the publisher, except for academic purposes in accordance to copyright law.

Copyright © 2023 by Dublyn G. Horris. All rights Reserved.

Chapter One

The airplane freighting the largest block of diamond the world had ever seen from Australia to England, suddenly issued a dense smoke in the air, three seconds after taken off from the Queensland International Airport in Brisbane. The plane caught fire, lost control and burst into flames. Ali Garabed, the Lebanese business mogul, that had purchased the diamond block, along with a few Australian officials in the airport, watched dumbstruck, as the plane somersaulted before it careened towards the Coral Sea and nosedived to the edge of the sea bordering the Pacific Ocean.The inhabitants of the areas around the sea watched in fear as cars screeched to halt, to behold the unfolding spectacle. Ali Garabed opened his mouth aghast in the midst of the government officials, including the Australian Minister for Mines and Petroleum.

"What is happening to the world?" Ali Garabed asked and fainted.

"Holy shit!" Tom Harry, the Minister for Mines and Petroleum said and looked into the eyes of Paul Gardner for answers.

"It's like the plane has been attacked!" Paul Gardner whispered.

"The Prime Minister must hear this now", Tom Harry said and pulled his phone from his pocket to pull a call through.

"Hello Tom", Bobby Roberts answered instantly.

"The cargo plane transporting the diamond to London from Brisbane has just plunged into the Coral Sea!"

"So it's true!"

"Yes Sir".

"This is perturbation and it cannot happen! They have gone too far!!".

"You think politics is involved?"

"I'll speak with the team about this".

"Ok".

"Tom, this is negatively historic".

"It is!"

"Immediately arrange for the diamond to be recovered from the sea".

"I'll be on it Sir".

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: CHAINED with DIAMONDS (Breaking the Rules of Literature) ALL IN ONE by Tidal7(m): 8:41am On Sep 23, 2023
Contd

Tom Harry turned around and followed Paul Gardner into the administration block of the airport. The gigantic piece of diamond had brought so much for him to handle since it was discovered. The Australian government had employed different world reputable mining companies to dig out the diamond block and they had all failed catastrophically. A great number of miners had lost their lives in the bid to dig the diamond out of the minefield that kept caving in.

The government had to settle for the Machine Mind Technology of Udi Daniel, an American based scientist, who had taken Artificial Intelligence to a strange level. Udi Daniel had lost most of his artificial ants - Excavants - in the mining process.

Tom Harry had been the happiest since the Australian government had brokered the deal to transfer the ownership of the precious stone to Ali Garabed. His mood dulled again as he walked back with Paul Gardner, after spending quite a while asking questions in the airport. He walked straight into a waiting SUV to take them to the government house in Queensland.

"I didn't expect the Managing Director of the cargo airline to say anything less", Paul Gardner said as they drove off.

"I have been thinking Paul".

"About what?".

"The diamond block of course".

"What about it?"

"It seems awryness is locked around it".

"I don't feel the same way".

"Since the day it was discovered, the story around it has never cheered me. I'm beginning to consider the school of thought that says mother Earth is holding fast to the piece of stone".

"That's a superstitious line of thought".

"You really think so?"

"It's what it is".

"Don't forget the number of human casualties that we suffered just to get this diamond out of the Earth".

"The scientist that finally extracted the diamond lost many artificial ants as well".

"Exactly my point".

"That's why I maintain that it's an accident".

"Enough of this!" Tom Harry paused the argument.

"What did the Prime Minister say?" Paul Gardner resumed their conversation.

"He wants me to initiate the action to recover the diamond block from the sea".

"Ok".

"I know a couple of firms that can handle the operation and we're going for the very best, the sea is very turbulent around this season as it overflows its banks to the Pacific Ocean".

"While we try to employ rescue firms, I would like to suggest that we get busy".

"How do you mean?"

"I can talk to some deep sea divers to try to locate the position of the diamond right in the sea".

"It's not a bad idea, however..., I don't know".

"Aren't you becoming illusional, it's just an incidence and the diamond it's just a piece of stone".

"I want us to be careful, we can't lose more lives".

"I'm talking about professional divers here, have no fear".

"You may be on it", Tom Harry said as the SUV pulled up at the government annex.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: CHAINED with DIAMONDS (Breaking the Rules of Literature) ALL IN ONE by YoungBruzzy(m): 5:54pm On Sep 23, 2023
I don land for here
Bring it on OP

1 Like 1 Share

Re: CHAINED with DIAMONDS (Breaking the Rules of Literature) ALL IN ONE by Tidal7(m): 10:35am On Sep 24, 2023
Re: CHAINED with DIAMONDS (Breaking the Rules of Literature) ALL IN ONE by Tidal7(m): 10:40am On Sep 24, 2023
Contd

Paul Gardner hit the ground running as soon as he settled in the office. He scrolled up the contact of Erling Drake, the head of operations of a deep sea diving organization and placed a call.

"How can I help you?" Drake asked after picking up.

"I'm an official in the Australian Ministry of Mines and Petroleum".

"Ok".

"The government needs your organization to locate the position of a plane that just went down the Coral Sea".

"I watched the incidence on TV".

"So you know".

"The cargo plane has a load of diamond block, it's in the news".

"Yeah".

"I can get my boys to drag the diamond out of the plane if you want us to".

'"The government only needs you to locate the plane".

"How do we start?"

"Can you come to the government annex now?"

"I'll be there".

Erling Drake struck a juicy contract with the government and personally got involved in the operation. He put together twenty one deep sea expert divers and five technicians and left the shore of the Coral Sea in a tugboat. Getting near the zone where he mapped the cargo plane had gone down, he pushed some buttons in a computer to activate the Echo Sounder mounted at the buttom of the boat. He read the reflected sound waves in the computer as the boat criss-crossed the area. He pointed westwards and all the divers took a dive. It didn't take long before they struck the charred body of the plane. They found a way around and accessed the carrier but the diamond block was missing. Some of the divers cut out the black box compartment as others spread to search around for the diamond.

Erling Drake waited restlessly on the boat as the divers spent more than half an hour in the deep sea. Finally, one of the divers popped out his head and swam towards the boat with the black box.

"I need a tow hook, we've found the diamond", he said as he handed the black box to Drake.

"Good job!" Drake said and brightened up, "But we're paid only to locate the position of the plane".

"All the divers have agreed to bring out the stone, the government would surely reward us for it".

"Your oxygen can go only fifty minutes".

"Yeah, I see the reading, we'll make it here, you can move the boat over there", the diver said as he went down again.

Erling Drake and the technicians soared hopefully on the tugboat as time started ticking again. He couldn't agree more with the diver, it would be fantastic to turn up for the books and make his organization more popular. It had taken the divers roughly twenty minutes to locate the block of diamond, but now, it had taken well over fifty minutes for them to set the hook on it and return to the boat.

They spent over an hour waiting onboard, expecting the divers out of the sea. The technicians decided to pull the rope, and shockingly, it came freely. Erling Drake quivered but could not conclude that the mission had gone wrong. He continued to hope into the night for some kind of miracles despite the very obvious. Slowly but surely, reality hit him. With eyes streaming tears, he clasped his head with his hands as the boat turned around in the thick darkness and set off for the base.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: CHAINED with DIAMONDS (Breaking the Rules of Literature) ALL IN ONE by McOluOmo: 8:30am On Sep 25, 2023
Good

1 Like 1 Share

Re: CHAINED with DIAMONDS (Breaking the Rules of Literature) ALL IN ONE by Tidal7(m): 9:24am On Sep 25, 2023
Good

Welcome sir
Re: CHAINED with DIAMONDS (Breaking the Rules of Literature) ALL IN ONE by Tidal7(m): 9:34am On Sep 25, 2023
Contd

The homeward navigation was a long one shrouded in death silence. Erling Drake regained himself in the darkness just before the tugboat arrived the operational base. He kept berating himself for not thinking through and through before embarking on the mission. Still horrified, he pulled a call to Paul Gardner.

"Hey Drake! Any updates!" Paul Gardner boomed.

"The unthinkable has happened".

"How do you mean?"

"As we speak, all my divers are lost in the sea".

"Damn it!"

"The oxygen in their tank can't take them beyond an hour, but they have spent six hours down".

"Aren't they aware of the gas volume?"

"Of course, they're all top professionals, I can't believe that they had seen their gas counting to zero and failed to come out to refill".

"This is so unfortunate, what could have happened?"

"I can't even think right now".

"Drake, I'm very sorry".

"I'm dreaming, it's not real, it's not happening".

"I'd like you to come straight to the Ministry annex as soon as you are able to", Paul Gardner said as he placed a call to Tom Harry with another phone.

"Hello Paul", the Minister answered.

"Your fears seemed to be coming to pass".

"What are you talking about?"

"The divers have spent their oxygen but they are still down in the Coral Sea".

"Geez!"

"The head of operations is devastated".

"Do you now believe what I said?"

"I'm afraid, but I still think it's too early".

"The government has cut a deal with Riskshore, a recovery firm, to bring the diamond out of the sea".

"When is the operation taking place?"

I'm not sure anymore".

"Why?"

"It may turn out the same way".

"But we haven't tried".

"What if it happens?"

"Riskshore uses underwater vessels for search operations".

"There's still risk".

"But it's going to be minimal".

"Don't talk me into another disaster".

"What do we do?"

"I am going to speak with Udi Daniel about it".

"Do you think the scientist can offer solution?"

"We will see. It's better to lose machines".

"We can still use Riskshore".

"I say no!"

"We can use the firm to recover the bodies of the divers, they might still be alive".

"Come down to the annex to discuss with other officials about it. My job is cut out for me by the Prime Minister", Tom Harry said and the link went down.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: CHAINED with DIAMONDS (Breaking the Rules of Literature) ALL IN ONE by Tidal7(m): 11:58am On Sep 26, 2023
Chapter Two

Udi Daniel was developing a new aspect of his Machine Mind Technology in his NextTech lab in Washington DC, when he received an email from the Australian government about what happened while transporting the huge stone. He recalled vividly the strain his artificial had to overcome to dig out the block of diamond. He stopped working and was going to reply to the email, when Ellinaz Ivanovo walked hurriedly into the lab with a mobile phone. He stood up at once to receive her.

She hardly came around him during official hours. She was the only partner he had in NextTech. She used to be averred to people of color, but ever since her path crossed into his in a library in George Washington University, where she had studied for her master's degree in Geophysics, her position had changed. She was falling head over heels into the scientist, having seen his personality and potentiality, but she wouldn't let her feelings out. She stretched the phone in her hand to him after putting it on speaker.

"Tom Harry wants to speak with you, he says it's urgent and crucial", Ellinaz Ivanovo said.

"Hello Tom" Udi Daniel spoke into the phone.

"An incidence has happened concerning the diamond block".

"I just read the email about it".

"The Prime Minister is exasperated, you know how much it cost the government to get you to extract it".
"How did it happen?"

"I don't know, the black box recovered revealed there was no reason for the plane to go down".

"It's strange".

"Investigation is still ongoing and the government wants it recovered as soon as possible".

"Have you contacted any recovery firm?"

"It's for this reason I have decided to reach NextTech again".

"But we don't do underwater operations".

"There's more".

"How do you mean?"

"We need a firm that can operate with no risk to lives".

"There are hundreds out there Harry".

"You wouldn't understand".

"Really?"

"I have learnt my lessons from the operations of the various mining firms the government had employed before we settled for NextTech. The lives lost still hunt me".

"You're becoming spiritual, they're just incidences".

"I need NextTech to recover the block of diamond from the sea".

"I have said it earlier, NextTech doesn't do recovery in the water".

"Look Daniel, the Prime Minister is heavily on this one, the government is going to give you a blank cheque. A lot is happening here in Australia because of the loss of the diamond".

"NextTech currently doesn't have what it takes to undertake the project".

"You're Udi Daniel, if you want to do this you would do it".

"I'll get back to you Tom", Udi Daniel said as he read the signs Ellinaz Ivanovo was making with her hands.

"We can do it!" Ellinaz said showing her snow-white set of teeth.

"NextTech doesn't have the capacity to roll out the kind of solution the Australian government demands".

"What capacity?"

"First, we don't have the technology at hand".

"Then create it, aren't you the creator?"

"These things take time you know, and the Australian government wants it the shortest possible time".

"We can beat it, communicate the time frame you expect the project to finish, if it's cool with them we're cool".

"It's not going to be easy".

"I understand Dan, NextTech can outsource. You can develop the core of the project and send the connections to Mishulab".

"Have you considered the cost? Mishulab isn't cheap".

"Didn't you hear Tom, the Australian government is willing to offer a blank cheque".

"I heard it".

"I will prepare a pre-contract agreement and insert the cost and mobilization to deploy the technology. I need the time frame from you now!"

"Slow down, we'd be grinding down ongoing projects".

"We're only suspending them".

"SpaetriX is constantly on my doorstep to complete the probe system they're sending to space".

"Haven't you done anything on it?"

"I've only managed to draw up an omni-direction propagation algorithm to train the core of the neural networks, it's going to be very complex and time consuming".

"I bet the technology the Australian government wants isn't going to take so much time".

"There's no way of knowing".

"You can tell once you get started".

"I don't want to take you on, you win".

"Thank you Dan".

"I'll be going to the draft room".

Expect next update by weekend***

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: CHAINED with DIAMONDS (Breaking the Rules of Literature) ALL IN ONE by Glowtex: 1:29pm On Sep 28, 2023
I love this write-up. It's so captivating. I want to follow this story to the finish.

2 Likes

Re: CHAINED with DIAMONDS (Breaking the Rules of Literature) ALL IN ONE by Tidal7(m): 9:52am On Sep 29, 2023
Contd

As he walked into the draft room, fresh ideas pushed through him. He at once warmed up to the project proposal from the Australian government. He remembered the Malaysian Airliner 370 that disappeared into the Indian Ocean, enroute Kuala Lumpur to Beijing, in March 8, 2014, and it occurred to him that the technology would meet important needs. He switched his thought to how he could create a set of highly intelligent amphibious machines that could live in any body of water and take on a wide range of tasks. He pulled up drawing tools from a computer system and made a sketch of what he wanted. He got lost in his head and in a short while, he designed a hyper-sensitive machine mind.

Caught in the mood of creation, he rushed back to his laboratory and started developing the decision-making systems of the machines. He finished and began coaching of the neural circuits for interface coding. He straightened up when a message dropped in his phone. It was from Ellinaz Ivanovo.

"Are you at home now?"

Udi Daniel replied, "I"m passing the night in the lab, expect the time frame and project costing tomorrow".

1 Like 1 Share

Re: CHAINED with DIAMONDS (Breaking the Rules of Literature) ALL IN ONE by Tidal7(m): 9:13am On Oct 01, 2023
Chapter Three

Udi Daniel engaged the services of Mishulab, a high-tech company based in Beijing, China, to finish the body of the machines. It took him a few months to roll out five highly sensitive amphibious creatures - and he called them -HUMARINES. He named them; Roggi, Illiax, Adiam, Zodiaz and Godia. He moved the humarines out of the laboratory to the display hall to get them ready for the recovery operation in Australia. He was simulating the Coral Sea in a computer to test-run some features of the humarines, when he heard farmiliar footsteps behind in the hall, he didn't turn to look behind to see Ellinaz Ivanovo. She looked radiant in a skyblue short gown that accentuated her figure. Udi Daniel felt her presence.

"You beat the time frame by twenty five days", Ellinaz Ivanovo said as she touched each of the machines.

"I have no choice, plenty other things are yet finished".

"What's the generic names of these machines?"

"They are Humarines".

"Like Humans and Marine?"

"You know the codes".

"Like Excavator and Ants, equal ExcavAnts?"

"Seriously, I think you should be coming to work in the lab".

"I will burn your computers".

"You can burn me too".

"That's not funny".

"Who wants to be funny? I'm all work".

'Dan?"

"Yeah".

"I'm planning to go to vacation when you return from Australia".

"Ok".

"And I think you need it as well".

"You know the workload".

"NextTech is growing leaps and bounds and we need to live to enjoy it".

"It's strange that this is coming from a workaholic".
"I'm doing it because of you".

"You care for me?"

"Deeply".

"Strong word, but you don't show it".

"You don't notice, it's subtle".

"But....".

"All this time you have been knocking the door of my heart and it's not opening, it's because there's no door handle on the outside".

"My ears are aching to hear more of this song".

"I've finally opened it from within".

"Ellie, you're gifted".

"I love you Dan!"

"You have killed me".

"Like literally?'

"Yeah, like literally".

"If you must know, I've been worshing you secretly!"

"You're kidding me right now".

"I mean every letter".

"But I'm not God".

"Do you believe in God?"

"I don't know".

"Is there anything that you can't create, you're my god, the one I see and can touch".

"And you are my World!""

Cont'd

Instantly, the flames of passion burnt around them and it flung Ellinaz Ivanovo to seize the lips of the scientist with her's. She wrapped her arms around his neck and kissed him wild. She pulled away when she felt he was suffocating him. Udi Daniel was experiencing his first kiss of life. He would have wanted it to go on Ellinaz Ivanovo turned and left for her office. Udi Daniel hurried to get the machines ready and went home to prepare for the mission in Australia. He couldn't wait for it to be over and joined her for the vacation. He still savoured the taste of the kiss.

The machines were driven to the Baltimore International Airport, and Udi flew with them in the jet plane provided by the Australian government. The trip to Brisbane seemed longer than usual in his eyes. Each time he recalled the taste of the lips of Ellinaz Ivanovo, he would look through the window to see if they were descending into Australia. He got bored and dozed off, it was not long before the second flight officer announced their arrival in Queensland.

Chapter Four

Udi Daniel disembarked from the plane to see flashes of camera lights on his face. It took some time for him to realize that journalists had surrounded the plane. He wondered why the Australian government had given so much publicity to his coming. He was naturally a shy guy but he had to force a smile when a lady journalist nudged him to smile before the camera. Officials from the Ministry of Mines and Petroleum loaded the humarines into a van as the journalists covered the scene. They tried to get a word out of the scientist but he kept mute all the time. He was driven to the Beach Side Hotel near the Coral Sea. He was escorted from the airport in a convoy like that of a super rock star.

He recognized Tom Harry, the Minister for Mines and Petroleum and Paul Gardner, an official in the Ministry when he arrived at the Beach Side Hotel. The officials helped him to settle quickly at the hotel and Udi Daniel was soon ready for action. Tom Harry led the way to the platform that Riskshore had used for its operation. The scientist could see that the event was being transmitted live on TV.

"Why does the Australian government want live coverage of the operation?"

"It's obvious that you've not been watching your TV recently. There's a crazy agitation going on in Australia".

"Tell me about it".

"It's widely believed that the government has recovered the diamond and sold it without the knowledge of Australians and some believed that the diamond wasn't even in the cargo plane in the first place - the work of politicians".

"I see!"

"The Australian government has chosen to put this operation live on TV to quell the violent protests building from different parts of the country against the government. They believe strongly that the government has been feeding them with lies.

"The speculation will end today".

"Something is about this block of diamond, don't you think so".

"Why should I think so".

"I haven't told you this before".

"Spill it".

"We did employ the services of professional divers to locate the position of the cargo plane in the sea but none of them made it out of the sea".

"That's shocking, but I can't conclude that there's force acting on the piece of stone".

"Let me shocki you again".

"Ok".

"While we were waiting for you to come, some officials of the ministry used Riskshore, an underwater recovery firm, to recover the bodies of the divers, but all the vessels were damaged, only one out of ten vessels made it home".

"This is incredible!"

"The only survivor Riskshore diver played the video of the seach operation".

"Have watched the video?"

"Of course, I've watched the video. A sea monster with a long tail, that looks like a Spinasaurous was watching over the diamond in the Coral Sea".

"Really?"

"I'm going to get the video for you to watch".

"There's no point, just give me the coordinates of the diamond in the sea, it will facilitie the operation".
"I need you to watch the part where the underwater vessels were attacked by the sea monter with its massive tail?"

"Don't worry my machines have a self-defense mechanism".

1 Like 1 Share

Re: CHAINED with DIAMONDS (Breaking the Rules of Literature) ALL IN ONE by Tidal7(m): 12:28pm On Oct 04, 2023
"I'm afraid Daniel".

"I don't believe in extraordinary forces manipulating inanimate things, I would see how this goes".

"Opinions are diverse as speculations. Most Australians believe mother Earth is holding what they have described as a Mystery Diamond".

"What do you think or speculate?"

"I think something is mysterious about the diamond. The Prime Minister would ridicule me if I mention it, he doesn't believe that at this age and civilization such unnatural things are entertained".

"I'm here to put the speculations in perspective".

"I trust your machines", the Minister for Mines and Petroleum said with unreserved smile.

Within minutes the media was awashed with the coming of Udi Daniel. The internet and TV channels both local and international were streaming and showing the government officials unloading the artificially intelligent amphibious machines on the shoreline of the Coral Sea. This move by the government worked like a magic. The protesters hurriedly left the streets to see the action on TV and on the internet.

The violence ceased and calm returned as many got glued to their TV set and computers. A live search was about to unfold. The five humarines got activated by Udi Daniel and they opened their eyes to see cameras flashing lights. They waved their hands to the cameras and the onlookers.

He punched a command on the handheld device that controlled them and their feet and hands became webbed. The young scientist pushed the "READY" button on the device and the five humarines walked to the edge of the platform. He pressed "GO" and the humarines leaped into the Coral Sea.

Each humarine recorded its own track and sent it to a system on the platform. They conducted the search methodically and maintained communication. They moved on the floor of the Coral Sea in lanes and advanced gradually towards the Pacific Ocean. Sea animals maintained their distance from the humarines as they got near the Pacific Ocean. The humarines could see many compressed underwater sea vessels on the floor with skeletons inside.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: CHAINED with DIAMONDS (Breaking the Rules of Literature) ALL IN ONE by Ab0bii: 8:17pm On Oct 04, 2023
Following..........

1 Like

Re: CHAINED with DIAMONDS (Breaking the Rules of Literature) ALL IN ONE by Tidal7(m): 9:28am On Oct 06, 2023
Contd

They could see that a sea creature with a long tail was resting upon the diamond on the sea floor The humarines pushed a button on their chest when the creature turned and charged at them. The monster swung its massive tail to smash them and it got shocked by an electric field. They swam towards the animal with a dash and the sea monster cleared off, thereby exposing the diamond. The mammal could only whine from a distance and it later disappeared. Adiam touched the diamond and the other humarines soon followed. They joined force in pushing the diamond from its position but it remained rooted to the floor.

The machines continued to exert energy and a fire jet of fine gases began shooting out from their anus, causing a stream of water bubbles. A hypersonic force resulted and it sent the diamond up from its position. The force shot up the precious stone from the floor like a launched rocket, leaving a deep black hole behind on the floor. All the humarines followed the diamond except Adiam. A strange force had grabbed and pulled it into the black hole just before the diamond was uprooted from the sea bed.

The machines advanced towards the platform with the huge stone sparkling in the sunlight on the surface of the sea. Udi Daniel could see on the monitor that covered the tracks of the humarines, that they were heading homeward. Paul Gardner had been raising his binoculars to occasionally scan the North Eastern spread of the Coral Sea. He trusted in the ability of Udi Daniel to deliver. He had been in this situation before, when the excavants had dug up the diamond from the ground. He switched over his binoculars to the North Western side of the sea and saw what looked like a boat being pushed from behind. Udi Daniel turned to his system and pushed some keys to find out what Paul Gardner had concentrated his gaze on, and found out that the humarines were coming from that direction.

"The machines are coming to shore!" The scientist announced.

"I can see something like that with my binoculars".

Are they coming with the diamond?"

"You're the one holding the binoculars".

"There!!!" Paul Gardner screamed.

"What's there?" The Minster for Mines and Petroleum asked.

"The diamond is coming home!"

"Let me have a peep", Tom Harry said to Paul Gardner.

"Its true!" The Minister excitedly announced and threw the binoculars to the press after he had seen the humarines coasting to shore with the diamond.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: CHAINED with DIAMONDS (Breaking the Rules of Literature) ALL IN ONE by Tidal7(m): 10:25am On Oct 08, 2023
Contd

The emergence of the sparkling piece of diamond within sight range on the sea, sent Australian citizens that were watching the recovery live, into frenzy of jubilation. The humarines finally arrived and raised the diamond on the platform as journalists jostled for space around the platform to get a clear shot of the diamond. The humarines hopped on the platform with their webbed feet and hands, as the crowd cheered them for their heroic mission. The journalists tried to get Udi Daniel to comment on the operation but he seemed absorbed in his thought as he examined the humarines. The excitement disappeared from his face all of a sudden. He had seen that Adiam didn't return.

"You're not happy Daniel", Tom Harry observed.

"One of my creatures didn't return".

"What's the name of the machine that's yet to return?" Paul Gardner asked.

"Adiam!"

"It might return later. I'd stay on the platform to wait for Adiam", Paul Gardner said.

"Alright, I'll leave the systems ON to guide it home if it's still alive, thanks Gardner”.

The rest people were too hyphy to notice that Adiam didn't return from the operation. Only Udi Daniel, Tom Harry and Paul Gardner knew about it. The Australian government security forces arrived the shore within minutes and the diamond was transferred from the platform into an Army van. The Airforce guarded the van with military helicopters out of the beach.

"Thank you so much. You have done it again", Tom Harry said and shook hands with Udi Daniel with enthusiasm.

"It's my pleasure".

"I'll see you later in your hotel; let me run along for the celebration".

The crowd gradually disappeared leaving Udi Daniel and a few officials from the Ministry of Mines and Petroleum. He deactivated the minds of the humarines and they were loaded into the van that brought them and they were driven to the Beach Side Hotel. Paul Gardner true to his word waited behind on the platform to see if Adiam would show up from the Coral Sea.The protests reduced to only one demand after the diamond appeared in the government house on National TV. They demanded that the government should bring the diamond back to the Brisbane museum.

The economic team of the government advised the government to keep the diamond, that the story of the diamond was going to get tourists from all over the world pouring in to see it..They planned to refund the seven hundred and fifty billion dollars that Ali Garabed had paid for the diamond with tourists dollars. The live coverage of the recovery of the diamon had marketed the uniqueness of the stone to the world. The Australian government restored the diamond to the museum and strengthened it with tight security. The protests stopped and peace returned to Australia.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: CHAINED with DIAMONDS (Breaking the Rules of Literature) ALL IN ONE by Tidal7(m): 9:23am On Oct 10, 2023
Chapter Five

Ali Garabed recovered from the heart attack he had suffered when the cargo plane had gone down into the Coral Sea, and was discharged to a hotel. The new government terms on the recovered diamond was passed to him and he signed the documents with a sense of loss. He had hoped to make a lot of profit cutting the diamond in England. He however thanked the stars for witnessing the recovery of the diamond by the humarines live on the TV.

He had read about a treasure of precious stones that got lost centuries ago inside the Indian Ocean, in an history book and he could not wait to meet Udi Daniel, to get him involved in the recovery of the stones. The story about the lost treasure was told to him by his grandfather who was a gold merchant, before he had read the history book. The wooden ship that contained the treasure had all kinds of diamond.The business mogul decided to do a little digging up on the story right away in Australia. He began to collect hard facts that would point to the area of the Indian Ocean, where a part of ancient civilization had washed into the floor of the Indian Ocean.

Udi Daniel wondered over what could have held Adiam back in the sea as he sat on a chair outside the Beach Side Hotel. He could see the platform where he had activated the humarines from his elevated position. Paul Gardner stood on the platform with the handheld device that he had given him to deactivate the mind of Adiam if it ever showed up. His eyes were roving over the Coral Sea, as his mind was busy thinking up where things might have gone wrong for Adiam.

He looked away from the sea as he heard the sound of a vehicle pulling up, it was the Minister for Mines and Petroleum.Tom Harry came with some documents for him to sign, for the government to start processing the transfer of the funds for the recovery operation. The evening was closing in on the Coral Sea and Udi Daniel was beginning to lose hope on Adiam.

"Please call Paul Gardner to leave the platform, it's getting to night. I'm not sure Adiam would make it back", Udi Daniel said to Tom Harry.

"The machine could come home anytime, let him be".
"I have finished signing the papers".

"Ok", Tom Harry said, "NextTech will receive the funds latest tomorrow, I've spoken with Ellinaz about it".

"It's alright Tom".

"The Prime Minister is particularly impressed with your technology and he wants it introduced into the school system here in Australia".

"Artificial intelligence is the next big thing, the government wouldn't regret investing in it".

"Assuming I'm your student, what would you recommend for me to study about the humarines?"

"Principles and Operations of Machine Mind Systems".

"Where can I find a book on it?"

"But you're not a student", Udi Daniel said as he looked towards the platform.

Their conversation went on as Paul Gardner waited for Adiam to appear. Tom Harry could never know that Udi Daniel's technology was transcending the scope of human knowledge and existence into a higher realm. Machine Mind Technology was brewing trouble!

Expect next update by weekend.....

1 Like

Re: CHAINED with DIAMONDS (Breaking the Rules of Literature) ALL IN ONE by Ab0bii: 11:08am On Oct 10, 2023
Nice updates.........
Bro give us little update before weekend, this your story is damn good

Still following................

1 Like 1 Share

Re: CHAINED with DIAMONDS (Breaking the Rules of Literature) ALL IN ONE by Tidal7(m): 11:47am On Oct 10, 2023
grin

Ok..... We'll see!
Re: CHAINED with DIAMONDS (Breaking the Rules of Literature) ALL IN ONE by Tidal7(m): 9:00am On Oct 12, 2023
Abobii
Conbd

Adiam was rendered powerless by the invisible hand that held it in the deep black hole, on the bed of the Coral Sea. The hand sprang up out to the floor of the sea, holding tight to Adiam. It materialized into a giant black octopus and it dissolved into the humarine. Adiam had all the external features of the humarines with the exception of a strong long tail now. It swung its razor-edge tail around and sent sea animals scampering. It moved under the sea like a flash.

It received a radio signal from the platform where Paul Gardner was waiting for it to return. Like a lightening, Adiam appeared on the platform to see Paul Gardner about to shut down the systems and leave the platform. He fell on the platform in shock as Adiam manifested from nowhere. He tried to deactivate the mind of the humanrine with the handheld device as it walked towards him slowly on two legs, but the humarine would not respond to command. He could see and hear the long tail, making a metal sound on the platform as it got very close. He could also see that it had increased in size and now looked like a giant frog. Fear paralyzed him and he couldn't even scream.

Adiam got close enough and swiped his tail to send him writhing on the sea shore. The loud painful expression from him as he landed with a thud, caused Tom Harry and Udi Daniel to switch their eyes on the platform, but Paul Gardner was not there. They saw a black giant frog three times the size of an average human being, with a long tail, stepping from the platform onto the beach.

Tom Harry frantically pulled a call to Paul Gardner. The phone kept ringing in his pocket but Paul Gardner was too weak with pains to move a muscle, his back bone terribly ached where Adiam had flogged him with its iron tail. The possessed humarine moved majestically on the sea shore and flung its tail again to send Paul Gardner into the open, where Udi Daniel and Tom Harry could now see him. Paul Gardner coughed out blood on the beach as he made an effort to stand on his feet. The Minister and Udi Daniel watched in horror as both were stricken with fright that disabled their reactive senses.

1 Like

Re: CHAINED with DIAMONDS (Breaking the Rules of Literature) ALL IN ONE by Ab0bii: 10:11am On Oct 12, 2023
Machine+supernatural powers=

Only op @Tidal7 can answer while we anticipate and salivate for more. Great piece op, more wisdom to your brain.

Thanks for the mention

1 Like 1 Share

Re: CHAINED with DIAMONDS (Breaking the Rules of Literature) ALL IN ONE by Tidal7(m): 10:58am On Oct 14, 2023
Contd

At last, Tom Harry got himself as electric bulbs in the beach were switched ON, and he pulled a panic call to the Chief of Police of the Queensland Police Division.

"How can I help you?" The Chief spoke sharply.

"This is Tom Harry, the Minister for Mines and Petroleum. We have a situation here in the Coral beach".

"Straight on sir, what's happening?"

"A monster has just emerged from the Coral Sea and it's attacking one of the officials in my Ministry".

"It's unheard of, I hope you're not telling tales".

"Hurry up and come to the beach!"

"I'm getting my men there at once".

"Alright Chief".

Udi Daniel could not cease wondering over the striking resemblance of the monster to the humarines, barring the long tail end its immense size. He restrained from thinking that Adiam had taken another form, he was sure of his training and programming. He knew the minds of the humarines had not the capabilities to transform to another creature. While he was still thinking, Adiam held Paul Gardner by his neck and raised him from the ground to full view. The monster looked into the eyes of Paul Gardner and asked in a monotoned voice, very loudly.

"Where's the diamond?"

"Theey tookkk itttt to the city", Paul Gardner stuttered.

Adiam slammed Paul Gardner to the ground as policemen drew up at the beach and it disappeared. Paul Gardener died on the spot. The police had watched from a distance and had clearly heard the monster when it had demanded to know where the diamond was taken. A trained police sniper was aiming at Adiam when it vanished. Tom Harry and Udi Daniel left the hotel as the police officers moved and spread around the beach to find the monster.

Tom Harry and Udi Daniel could see the Brisbane Police helicopters, heading towards the beach. People moved about hastily to their destination to beat the curfew that had just been announced by the State government. Tom Harry drove out of the Beach Side Hotel to access the back gate and saw hoteliers and guests scurrying to safety from the monster. He stepped hard on the breaks and swerved the car to go out through the front gate.

Adiam followed the signal of one of the monitoring systems that was not shut down in Udi Daniel's hotel room, and appeared inside. It saw the picture of the diamond and it hopped round the room, turning everything upside down. It saw the passport photograph of Udi Daniel on the floor and it recognized him as the one who had programmed the humarines to forcefully remove the diamond from the gate to the deep black hole in the Coral Sea.The demon in Adiam became very sure that if anyone would know where the diamond was taken, it had to be Udi Daniel. It decided to wait for the young scientist to return to his hotel room.

The screams following the shoving and rowdy escape through the gates of the Beach Side Hotel, alerted the police to move to the hotel from the beach. One of the managers of the hotel stopped to direct the police officers to the room that the monster had entered. The officers filed into the hotel with their riffles in Y-shape, to trap the monster. The sniper saw the tail of Adiam resting on the window wall of the room of Udi Daniel, and he whispered to the Chief of Police to come around.

They spread out to a distance apart where their bullets could fire unhindered through the open window. Adiam stretched its neck through the window as it tried to figure out a face that looked like that of Udi Daniel in a car moving towards the Indooroopilly Road. The policemen simultaneously fired at the monster and it withdrew.. The bullets rained into the room continuously through the window and the monster could not disappear. The Chief of Police commanded some of the officers to enter the corridor that connected the room on the eleventh floor to the outside, and shoot through the door. As the officers came on the corridor, Adiam pulled down the door and escaped through the opened window of an opposite room. The officers followed it with fire but Adiam had gone with the wind.

1 Like

Re: CHAINED with DIAMONDS (Breaking the Rules of Literature) ALL IN ONE by Tidal7(m): 1:16pm On Oct 15, 2023
Contd

Udi Daniel and the Minister heard the blasts of gun shots in the car after they had driven some distance from the beach. Tom Harry hit the Indooroopilly Road towards the Walter Taylor suspension bridge. The plan was to fly from the Brisban Airport to Canberra, the Australian Capital Territory, to meet the Minister of Defence and the Prime Minister. As the car drew close to the mouth of the bridge, vehicular traffic began to build up from the other end. A commotion soon emanated from that end of the bridge, followed by an explosive hue and cry. The monster had come through the Brisbane River to sit on the bridge. Its long tail reached down through the bridge trusses and it whipped an SUV into the river. The noise peaked!

Adiam had caught sight of Udi Daniel being driven in a car on the Indooroopily Road, to cross the bridge. Vehicle owners abandoned their cars on the bridge and joined the flock of passengers running down the bridge backwards in both directions. The Minister and Udi Daniel alighted from the their vehicle to see what was happening on the bridge. The rowdiness unsettled the demon in Adiam. Confused, the monster flew down to the road angrily and trapped some passengers that were stampeded as they pushed to come out of a long bus.

Udi Daniel and Tom Harry could clearly see the monster and could hear it charging at the passengers. The Minister put a nervy call through to the Chief of Police.

"Hello", the Chief answered.

"The monster is on the Walter/Taylor suspension bridge right now".

"We're moving there now!"

"It's on rampage", Tom Harry added.

Adiam scowled at the bus passengers and overturned the bus, causing them to scream feverishly.

"Where is Udi Daniel?" Adiam bellowed at the passengers with an earthshaking tone.

The Minister was shocked when he heard the monster ask of Udi Daniel. They turned around and started running. They never looked behind. The monster didn't get any response from the passengers and it repeated the question. They were too frightening to open their mouths. Adiam got frenetic and began to push the bus out of the bridge towards the river.

The clattering and clanging as the monster pushed through abandoned vehicles were deafening, and it drowned the wild shrieks and wailing of the passengers inside the bus. The street lights were fully on and people watched the horror helplessly from a distance, in full glare.

The Brisbane police helicopters headed for the Walter Taylor Bridge and one of the snipers used his binoculars to view the bridge from far away as the helicopter flew into Brisbane communities along the riverside. He aimed with his riffle as the monster was about to push the bus inside the river.

Three military attack helicopters showed up from the other side of the bridge and began to fire at the monster. Adiam escaped like light into the river before using its long tail to complete the damage. It sent the bus into the river! The action caused a long and loud noise from the onlookers.

The Minister and Udi Daniel had heard the confusion from behind but they would never turn back. They ran down the full stretch of the Indooroopilly Road and were about to change direction at a junction, when the Chief of Police spotted the two of them with the headlights, as one of the police vehicle negotiated towards the Indooroopilly Road. Tom Harry and Udi Daniel were heading to the train station, to travel by rail to Canberra.

The Chief of Police stopped the Minister and arranged for him to travel to the Australian Federal Capital in one of the police helicopters.The Brisbane River came to view again as the police helicopter lifted Tom Harry and Udi Daniel into the air. Tom Harry could see that heavy machines were being driven down the bridge. The Governor of Queensland had deployed emergency operation to get the bus with the passengers out of the river. Their vision faded away as a crane lowered four hooks into the river, followed by the plunging of divers.

As the helicopter changed direction towards Canberra, Udi Daniel breathed a deep sigh of relief. He had been so close to being in the net of Adiam, and had come to realize that a negative intelligent force was operating in the humarine. How this could happen beat his human understanding.Tom Harry feared for the life of the scientistl. He was going to facilitate his travel back to the United States once the Australian government had completed the transaction with NextTech.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: CHAINED with DIAMONDS (Breaking the Rules of Literature) ALL IN ONE by Ttidal7: 12:17pm On Oct 16, 2023
Contd
Re: CHAINED with DIAMONDS (Breaking the Rules of Literature) ALL IN ONE by Ttidal7: 4:18pm On Oct 16, 2023
!Down down below
Re: CHAINED with DIAMONDS (Breaking the Rules of Literature) ALL IN ONE by Ttidal7: 4:22pm On Oct 16, 2023
]Contd
!
!

The protection around the Brisbane museum was reinforced after the news filtered through that a monster had come out of the Coral Sea, shortly after the humarines had recovered the diamond, seeking the diamond.The Australian government was overwhelmed by the influx of tourists applying to see the recovered diamond. The government would try everything possible to stop the media from spreading the news of the monster around. Media organizations heavily stood the risk of being sanctioned if they carried the news.

Bobby Roberts, the Prime Minister, had heard the news about the monster already, and he pulled a call to the Minister of Defence.

"What's the update on the monster?" Bobby Roberts asked straight up.

"Sir, it had just been sighted and fired away from the Walter/Taylor bridge by the military".

"This is scary and not good at all for business".

"True that Sir".

"Any casualties on the bridge?"

"We're not certain of the numbers yet, but I can confirm it to you that the monster had sent an SUV into the river, before it pushed a bus full of passengers inside".

"This is crazy and unheard of, It can't be happening; I call for a crucial security meeting this minute. Spread it around the Security Heads".

"Alright Sir".

"Do you have any idea where this is coming from?"
"Tom Harry told me a while ago, that the monster had asked for the recovered diamond from Paul Gardner on the Coral Sea beach before it killed him".
"This is a ridiculous folktale of tortoises. I don't believe it, I can't believe it. Let's meet and put things right in Canberra to finish the monster once and for all".

"OK Sir".

The helicopter flying Tom Harry and Udi Danie descended into Canberra towards the situation room, where he hoped to meet the Security Heads of the government. The government knew the danger the monster posed even as it tried to water down the damage done already, for the sake of the economy. By the time the helicopter lowered Tom Harry into the government house, the security meeting was rounded off. He had hoped to give an eye witness account and stressed the slipperiness of the monster, to the different Security Heads of government present in the meeting.

He expedited the conclusion of the transaction details between the Australian government and NextTech and sixty five million dollars was transferred to NextTech. Udi Daniel got prepared to leave the capital after spending the night in the government house. He was going to travel to the United States without the humarines. Tom Harry had arranged for the humarines to be brought from the Beach Side Hotel and transported to Washington DC.

The scientist was driven to the Canberra Airport, international wing, after he opted to join a commercial flight to the US in the company of Tom Harry. He seemed to be afraid to fly as the only passenger in a private jet. He still had cold feet from the near encounter with the monster.

2 Likes

Re: CHAINED with DIAMONDS (Breaking the Rules of Literature) ALL IN ONE by Ttidal7: 4:03pm On Oct 17, 2023
Chapter Six

Within minutes, Udi Daniel boarded a passenger plane heading for the United States. He just received a congratulatory message from Ellinaz Ivanovo, over the successful operation. She had missed him like he had gone forever. When she got the message that he was coming home; she excitedly made the ground ready to welcome him ceremoniously. She had never felt the magnetism that made her to almost cut off the breathing of the scientist, the last time she kissed him.

Udi Daniel relished the moment with Ellinaz Ivanovo already as the passenger plane smoothly got off from the runway and attained balance in the air. He would never let her go away when she kissed him again. It was her touch alone that would erase the memory of Adiam, that had become a demon-possessed machine, a monster. He would never believe that an invisible force could operate in a none living thing, but his machines were not none living things! They could take decisions almost naturally and had feelings. He would never understand that he had crossed lines with his creation.

Two hundred and twenty one passengers were on board including nine crew members. Udi Daniel occupied a seat in the business class by the window side. As the Big Bird cut through the expanse, he saw the Pacific Ocean and shook off the vision in his head, of the monster rising from the water to pull down the plane. He closed his eyes and mentally calculated the time that it would take for the plane to leave the Pacific Ocean behind.

The plane maintained a level flight for one hour and ten minutes before Udi Daniel opened his eyes. To his disappointment, it looked las if the plane would never cruise away from the Pacific Ocean. He stole a glance through the window and saw the same geographical layout of the Pacific Ocean, and he shut his eyes again. The waters appeared to be beckoning to him to come over with a strong force.

Each time he opened his eyes, he fought the temptation of looking through the window. He tried to read a book but the image of the monster kept crawling to his consciousness. He closed his eyes continuously as the only sure way to banish the image of the monster. He was not alone in the displacement observation outside the airplane.

The plane was cruising at an altitude just below the Absolute Ceiling, in a clear blue sky above around the Pacific. The first officer observed an unusual sequence in the flight data readings and he drew the attention of the co-pilot to it. The flight instruments had measured eight thousand miles from Australia but it was not showing in the instrument's Linear Displacement.

It became obvious that the aircraft was not moving away from around the Pacific Ocean. The first officer carefully inspected the gyroscopes for any malfunctioning while the co-pilot rechecked the Rate of Turn and Heading Instruments of the plane. They established that the aeroplane had been cycle-navigating for the last two and a half hour.

2 Likes

Re: CHAINED with DIAMONDS (Breaking the Rules of Literature) ALL IN ONE by Ttidal7: 10:57am On Oct 19, 2023
Contd

Thousands of feet below, a young boy in a fishing canoe in Papua New Guinea, drew the attention of his father to the Big Bird moving in cycles, up in the blue sky, and dropping in altitude, cycle after cycle. The boy wasn't the only one that could see the plane.

Farmers in some parts of New Zealand and fishermen in some parts of Singapore, watched the plane as it orbited high up and spiraling downwards.

Udi Daniel fell into a trance as the airplane continued to revolve. A soft but confident voice whispered to him, after calling his full name, "Ogidi Udi Daniel". He turned around to see a ravishingly beautiful tall lady, with the appearance of an angel. Her long hair was waving in the gentle wind of the Pacific. She spread her arms wide to receive him in an embrace, with a broad reassuring smile. She urged the scientist on, to fall into her opened arms.

Udi Daniel took steps towards her as she stood tall on the Coral beach with an alluring posture. The curvy coconut palm trees behind her, swayed to the rhythm of the gentle breeze, painting a background of an irresistible seduction. Her light blue flowing gown blended well with the clear blue sky. Her eyes were burning him up with tenderness and love.

Udi Daniel was caught in her magnetic web and he increased his pace to fall into her arms. As he stretched to take her hands, she disappeared with a voice, and said, "You know where to find me, come to the Pacific, I'll be waiting". Suddenly, he snapped off into reality in the plane.

Everything seemed the same with the exception of the flight attendants pacing up and down. The passengers onboard were beginning to suspect that something awry was happening. Udi Daniel was the only passenger onboard that knew the true state of things in the plane.

The flight officers tried to send radio signals from the plane, but nothing worked in the communication systems. The plane was losing control. It had revolved fifty seven cycles, before the Rate of Turn Instruments had frozen. The flight officers could not keep it to themselves anymore.

"We have a situation!" The first flight officer announced.

"I know so", Udi Daniel said invited.

"The plane has been locked in cycles since the last three hours", the reaction from the passengers made him to add quickly, "We're working it out and I'm hoping we'd get back control".

Everyone got restless. Some of the passengers began to call on different gods to save them from the situation. However, Udi Daniel remained calm and thoughtful. His experience with the angel that appeared in his trance was still fresh in his mind. Had the angel embraced him, he wouldn't have got worried about dying. He tried to open the book in his hand again but the image of the monster would not go away. This time the monster grabbed Ellinaz Ivanovo by the throat, it raised her, and slapped her to the ground. At once Udi Daniel exploded inside the plane with a terrifying cry.

The air passengers could not take their eyes off him as he behaved weirdly. A number of the passengers identified him as the man they had seen on TV, conducting the humarines operation to recover the Mystery Diamond.

The scientist felt his life spinning out of control. The demon in Adiam was not coming for him alone. Ellinaz Ivanovo had showed up in the picture, and he would not take ir. He felt regret for creating the humarines. Nothing mattered to him now except his life and the love of his world, Ellinaz.

He was ready to let go everything he had achieved, just to get home in one piece and meet the woman that breathed life into him. The voice of a trembling announcer in the plane jolted him from his reverie.

"Pull yourselves together everybody. The flight officers are doing everything possible to get the plane to function again. Don't panic, be rest assured that we would touch down in Washington in one piece".

1 Like

Re: CHAINED with DIAMONDS (Breaking the Rules of Literature) ALL IN ONE by Ttidal7: 12:51pm On Oct 20, 2023
Contd

Udi Daniel suppressed a chuckle in the midst of the hopeless situation. He knew the announcer was preparing them to accept their fate. He looked through the window again and saw the same layout of the Pacific Ocean, but this time with more clarity.

The plane had spent more than three hours orbiting and had come down to an altitude of about hundred feet. Udi Daniel shut his eyes before the plane would crash, but he was soon caught in another episode of trance, more vivid than the former. The angel reappeared to him again saying,

"Jump from the plane and save every other person on board?"

"Why's the plane going down?" Udi Daniel asked.

'You used your inventions to set free the demon of diamonds in the Coral Sea. You would never know peace unless you lock it up'.

"It's that the reason why these people onboard the plane are going to die?"

"You're human, you would never understand".

Udi Daniel got shocked to reality, before the plane split into two and crashed in the Pacific Ocean, around the Kairuru Island in Papua New Guinea.

Chapter Seven

The inhabitants of Kairuru Island had watched the Big Bird as it crashed into the Pacific Ocean. The incidence stirred up fear among the locals as a large group of men and teenagers ran towards the area of the ocean where the plane had gone down, close to a fishing port.

The fishermen came out of their huts when they had heard a loud hissing noise, followed by outbursts of noise from the island. They hurriedly got into their boats on catching sight of the tail of the plane sinking into the water.They raced to salvage whatever remained in the plane. It was a total wreck. They found their way inside the plane and began to bring bodies of the passengers into their boats, to take them to the island. Other men arrived with bigger boats and joined in the evacuation. Loud cries and wailing filled the air.

One of the passengers onboard coughed out blood as his body was being carried into a boat. A fisherman noticed it and singled him out to take him to a healing home on the fishing port. As the rest continued to transfer the bodies, the fisherman sped on the Pacific Ocean to meet the healer. The healer could see them from a far, where he had poked his head to watch what was going on. He came out and helped to lift the body of the passenger into his hut. He quickly settled down to work. The passenger was a man in his late thirties.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: CHAINED with DIAMONDS (Breaking the Rules of Literature) ALL IN ONE by YoungBruzzy(m): 5:15pm On Oct 20, 2023
This is a nice read man
You are good, true that.
Keep it coming boss

1 Like 1 Share

Re: CHAINED with DIAMONDS (Breaking the Rules of Literature) ALL IN ONE by Ttidal7: 5:14pm On Oct 21, 2023
Contd

In the mid morning of the next day, Udi Daniel opened his eyes slowly while lying on a mat inside a mud house. His eyes opened heavily with pains as he tried to figure out where he was in his half conscious state. He knew that this was reality. He stared at the ceiling made with old cane mats, that covered the thatched roof of the chilly mud house. He rolled his eyes around and couldn't find anyone. His mouth opened to call but no sound came out. He strained his ears to listen to a voice outside the hut, but couldn't hear anything distinct. All the fishermen had gone out to cast their nets and the healer had left him to collect some herbs.

He had been deep into coma since the Big Bird hit into to the Pacific Ocean. He had been drifting from dreams to dreams. He shut his eyes was soon asleep. It wasn't long before he got lost into another vivid dream . The same angel appeared to him in his dream and Udi Daniel tongue-lashed her for killing everybody onboard the plane.

She shed tears as she walked up to him and wrapped the scientist in her arms. She pointed to Adiam as he glided on the surface of the Pacific Ocean, with ardor. She tried to console Udi Daniel as he continued to weep.

"Pull yourself together", she said with a strong voice. "I'm not the one responsible for the crash. I'm only here to play my part. You've trespassed against powerful forces and they want you to clean up your mess. You would go back to Australia". The angel continued, "The demon bonds strongly with the diamond that you released in the Coral Sea, and It would stop at nothing to get the diamond back in Australia". The angel held his head and looked into his eyes and added, "You're the chosen one, you will go back to Australia and stop the monster'.
He was going to ask the angel how he could do all that and she disappeared.

He suddenly woke up from the dream and tried to make head or tail of the dream. The blazing sun shone through the thatched roof, into the room. His neck was stiff from the crash and was bandaged with a locally made tincture. His consciousness soared as the heat from the sun warmed his skin. His memory was on reset as he tried to connect his dreams to reality.

The healer, a fisherman in his early seventies, returned to the hut to find that Udi Daniel had opened his eyes. The old man knelt down close to the mat and offered some incantation in a language strange to himl. It was very obvious to Udi Daniel that the old man was very happy. The man couldn't speak a word in English, and he signed to him telling him that he would be alright. He brought out some leaves and crushed them on a stone, then collected the herbs in a neat white material, and squeezed out the liquid in the herbs into his eyes.

He undressed him and dubbed his body with the leaves as he chanted in strange languages. He rose up and gestured to Udi Daniel that he would be back soon and left. The old man paddled his canoe to the Kairuru Island where he lived with his family. He had one of his daughters prepare something for the scientist to eat.

As she prepared the food he told his daughter, about the miracle that his god had done with the leaves of his ancestors. When Udi Daniel was brought into his hut in the fishing port the day before, his heart could barely beat. The fishermen that brought him to the port had declared him dead on arrival.

Maria Ovi got the food ready and changed into her best dress. She followed her father to see the only survivor of the plane crash. As soon as they entered the room, Udi Daniel made effort to talk. His face twitched and his mouth uttered the question, "Where am I?" She replied Udi Daniel in English.
"You're in a fishing port in Kairuru Island, in Papua New Guinea".

Udi Daniel tapped his left hand weakly on his bed and asked, "Am I alive or dreaming?"

"You're alive. Do you know what happened to your plane?"

"Crashed".

"True, but you survived. I brought some food for you to eat".

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: CHAINED with DIAMONDS (Breaking the Rules of Literature) ALL IN ONE by YoungBruzzy(m): 8:56pm On Oct 21, 2023
This is going to be hard on Daniel for sure
You are doing well OP
More updates biko

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

[story] The New Form Teacher(rated: 18+)…part 6 / HEART CODE By Ele / House Of Scandals (the Complete Story)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 218
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.