Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,288 members, 7,836,273 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 01:37 AM

Yoruba Apex Group Strips Obasanjo Of All Chieftaincy Titles - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yoruba Apex Group Strips Obasanjo Of All Chieftaincy Titles (52012 Views)

Save Nigeria Movement Accuses Obasanjo Of Planning To Divide Nigeria / Kenneth Gbagi Arrests Hotel Staff, Strips Them Naked For 'Stealing N5k' / Who Are These Women? Wole Soyinka Accuses Obasanjo Of Awarding Oil Blocs For Sex (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yoruba Apex Group Strips Obasanjo Of All Chieftaincy Titles by Halo22: 11:29pm On Sep 23, 2023
Ebora owu no go even send them.
Re: Yoruba Apex Group Strips Obasanjo Of All Chieftaincy Titles by DomPerignon: 11:30pm On Sep 23, 2023
HardBishop:

Respect respect hen hen hen........
You should respect a military general who has the capability of leading an army. You bloody civilians who don't know to defend yourself will be ranting ..............
20 yrs old ko or no...... Respect trash trash....

The only people who should have permanent reverence for Obasanjo are those who submitted their surrender to him.

0su.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Apex Group Strips Obasanjo Of All Chieftaincy Titles by fineberry(m): 12:11am On Sep 24, 2023
So this issue as generated to this level hmmmm. Obj shouldn't av done that if you ask me. Obj that Baba na confirm rugged guy grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Apex Group Strips Obasanjo Of All Chieftaincy Titles by AdesegunSanni89: 12:15am On Sep 24, 2023
tiger28:

Dont mind them!

Yoruba ethnicity is the most Authentic Ethnicity in ALL the major tribes in Nigeria.......Fact!!!

We northerners , our culture has a lot of Arabic influence.....in our dressings ,greetings etc. Because of Islam.

In SS, look at the names, and mode of dressings, it is heavily influenced by the Catholic Europeans. See how they put cufflings and Ties on their attires.

In SE, look at their first names , mostly English. Look at their Head warmers, it is meant for Winter/Cold Season which has no relation to the South Eastern Climate at all.....this is very european!

In SW, look at their Aso oke, Aso Ebi, their Abetiaja cap[I hope I am correct with the spelling,I am not Yoruba lol]. EVEN in faraway Brazil and Cuba, they STILL wear Yoruba attires for occasions.

I have soooo much respect for Yoruba Culture and its unique Authenticity.......It is not adulterated or watered down like the others.

On the issue of Respect , watch the ONLY Tribe that feels like OBJ was right............We ALL know dem!
They have no RESPECT in their Culture!!!
I love you brother or sister. You are so full of knowledge and wisdom
Re: Yoruba Apex Group Strips Obasanjo Of All Chieftaincy Titles by nature40: 1:05am On Sep 24, 2023
accordadoga30:
Good!!!

That baba na alaseju.

Like our great grandfathers say, house wey settle na the bastard neva grow.

He is a disrespectful OSU and should be stripped of all YORUBA chieftaincy titles

My brother don't be fooooooled by these agbodorian, the real reason they are saying all these nonsense is because the man has not backed down his support for Peter Obi since the last election. The yoruba's hate the igbo's and there friends, they were not born that way but were taught to hate igbos's. ''a friend of an igbo man must be their enemy''. I hope they are enjoying the fuel price and exchange rate. One thing is sure there is nothing they can do to Obasanjo. it is just waste of time, and for the igbo's they will continue to prosper regardless of the hate..

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Apex Group Strips Obasanjo Of All Chieftaincy Titles by splendournoni: 1:06am On Sep 24, 2023
Yoruba and fake life, all calling for respect but once you turn your back they begin to insult... all of these yoruba people insulting Obasanjo if they see am dem go lie down for ground pick him leg....
Re: Yoruba Apex Group Strips Obasanjo Of All Chieftaincy Titles by 2elliot: 1:13am On Sep 24, 2023
alanto:

Such a shame nobody from that region will be president in your lifetime. I see why you hate the rest... It's called inferiority complex.
you be gboun
Re: Yoruba Apex Group Strips Obasanjo Of All Chieftaincy Titles by MrSly(m): 1:14am On Sep 24, 2023
HardBishop:
Imagine a General and a former head of state, you yorubas have that audacity stripped his tittles. Nonsense

I guess most of the so called obas were playing kekere dance in their nursery daycare when this GENERAL OBASANJO went to biafran war, even became a president them when OBAS were they're in primary school. I don't think yorubas get respect.

Out of many things they don't have, respect and brain are mostly lacking.
Re: Yoruba Apex Group Strips Obasanjo Of All Chieftaincy Titles by rockyh(m): 1:36am On Sep 24, 2023
Cantonese:
He remains with the following titles:

1. Accepted the surrender and ended the civil war
2. Ex Army General
3. Ex head of state
4. Ex President (2 terms)
5. Pastor
6. PHd
7. Owner of Obasanjo farms, Ota
8. Former minister of petroleum
9. Former minister of Defence.
10. One of the great figures of the second generation of post-colonial African leaders.
11. Several traditional titles across the country.
12. GCFR.

How can you remove these indelible records from this great and courageous Nigerian statesman?

They don't know how much he is respected in Europe.i never knew until I attended a conference and heard how highly former president of many European countries talked about him
Re: Yoruba Apex Group Strips Obasanjo Of All Chieftaincy Titles by 2elliot: 1:37am On Sep 24, 2023
MrsTblooms:
See this mr angry!!! You people should have known by now that Yorùbá has strong institution unlike other regions. The reason why the colonial masters didn't succeed in Yorùbá land while a particular region were almost entirely enslaved
Na una laziness be the reason why the white people no use una as slaves.

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Apex Group Strips Obasanjo Of All Chieftaincy Titles by wolebest: 1:43am On Sep 24, 2023
lexylaw40:

https://thenewsguru.com/news/korofo-stand-up-order-yoruba-apex-group-strips-obasanjo-of-all-chieftaincy-titles/

Very funny

This has no bite.

OBJ stated the obvious, we have all submitted our sovereignty to an elected representative.

As matter of protocol, monarchs are expected to stand up to receive the Governor at any event. If they choose not to, they risk being deposed.

This is the Federal Republic of Nigeria. No monarch has any constitutional role or significance in a Republic.

Monarchs are subservient to the State Governor and Local Government Chairman.
Re: Yoruba Apex Group Strips Obasanjo Of All Chieftaincy Titles by 2elliot: 1:46am On Sep 24, 2023
vannessa7:

The zeal with which you and others are supporting and defending him is enough confirmation that he is igbo because it is not possible for an igbo person to see any good thing in a Yoruba man, that's an open secret, Obasanjo is truly igbo.
Mumu. You don't know that we have over 350 tribes in Nigeria. You agbadorian imbeciles are bringing the entire Yoruba tribe to great disrepute in front of everyone else. P.s, I am ijaw. Your folly and bigotry is now known by all.
Re: Yoruba Apex Group Strips Obasanjo Of All Chieftaincy Titles by 2elliot: 1:52am On Sep 24, 2023
UncleKoboko:

You lack wisdom and common sense.
You think yoruba obas are like your irrelevant igwes or ọba of benin or emirs or sultans?
If not for the Whitman, there would have been nothing like united Yoruba culture. There was no ethic group as you yorubas indulging in inter tribal wars like you guys. The Whitman, and indeed one Nigeria, are the only things that united you people. So, stop with that bullshit patriotism to your culture.

2 Likes

Re: Yoruba Apex Group Strips Obasanjo Of All Chieftaincy Titles by Akpangbo: 1:58am On Sep 24, 2023
Take all your titles please. The title OBJ is enough for him.

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Apex Group Strips Obasanjo Of All Chieftaincy Titles by samuel9000: 2:18am On Sep 24, 2023
O ti ya werey😏

HardBishop:

Respect respect hen hen hen........
You should respect a military general who has the capability of leading an army. You bloody civilians who don't know to defend yourself will be ranting ..............
20 yrs old ko or no...... Respect trash trash....
Re: Yoruba Apex Group Strips Obasanjo Of All Chieftaincy Titles by Onogiede(m): 2:34am On Sep 24, 2023
Westerhoffe:
Yorubas are patient but tactical and serious when it comes to respecting their elders and culture.
culture that supports corruption rubbish,.. Yoruba should go an learn from the great Benin elders,.. supporting bad thing is totally lost of wisdomship

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Apex Group Strips Obasanjo Of All Chieftaincy Titles by Curious345: 2:47am On Sep 24, 2023
Re: Yoruba Apex Group Strips Obasanjo Of All Chieftaincy Titles by chaloskyx: 3:58am On Sep 24, 2023
All he needs to do is dangle some money and you shameless lot would restore it smiley
Re: Yoruba Apex Group Strips Obasanjo Of All Chieftaincy Titles by sokera: 4:02am On Sep 24, 2023
Cantonese:
He remains with the following titles:

1. Accepted the surrender and ended the civil war
2. Ex Army General
3. Ex head of state
4. Ex President (2 terms)
5. Pastor
6. PHd
7. Owner of Obasanjo farms, Ota
8. Former minister of petroleum
9. Former minister of Defence.
10. One of the great figures of the second generation of post-colonial African leaders.
11. Several traditional titles across the country.
12. GCFR.

How can you remove these indelible records from this great and courageous Nigerian statesman?

you forget to add the man who slaughtered thousands of Igbo children … hahaha

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Apex Group Strips Obasanjo Of All Chieftaincy Titles by Juju70(m): 4:31am On Sep 24, 2023
Political obas wey govt dey appoint
Re: Yoruba Apex Group Strips Obasanjo Of All Chieftaincy Titles by bssnigeria(m): 4:40am On Sep 24, 2023
This is simple playing to the gallery of politics. Can you tell me the personal accomplishments of those Obas. Obasanjo did the right thing. No body is above the constitution of national. Next time, he will bulala them to their senses. And he won't bow to their games.Besides, Obj does not need those local titles to continue to enjoy his national and international recognition.
Re: Yoruba Apex Group Strips Obasanjo Of All Chieftaincy Titles by Emmasnoop(m): 5:20am On Sep 24, 2023
Them they use the titles go collect money for bank, useless and foolish kings and chiefs every where.
Re: Yoruba Apex Group Strips Obasanjo Of All Chieftaincy Titles by roscoman: 5:39am On Sep 24, 2023
It is high time the Yorubas stopped all these ranting they are making against Baba Olusegun Obasanjo against what happened last time between him and the Yoruba obas. I had withness on many occasions the 85 years old man was prostrating for an Oba which includes: ooni of Ife, Olota of Ota, Olu of Ilaro and lately newly crown of Owu Kingdom. So he respects and understand culture more than most of these so call obas and Yoruba parapo or whatever name you called them.

If someone is using money or position to instigate Yoruba parapos to embarrass or molested Baba Olusegun Obasanjo well such a person will get the rewards very soon. It is not compustry Obasanjo must support Tinubu Presidency everybody has a choice to support whoever he wishes during an election for certain reasons best known to him.

Even the Tinubu you though you are supporting knows in and out that Baba Obasanjo was is father till tomorrow because postilion Tinubu is occupying now had been achieved so many years ago with easy without struggling for it.

But our people needs to be careful on these matter, if Obasanjo was strips of all the Yoruba chieftaincy titles bestowed on him. What does it mean to the former head of state, 8 years president, former petroleum minister, former federal Commissioner of works and president of all former President worldwide. So all the chieftaincy titles is taking from him can you guys takes those credentials from him. If Obasanjo wants Nigeria to separate today to 4 regions he knows where to go, whom to meet and what to do. When Sunday Igboho was detained in Republic of Benin during Muhammad Buhari administration who wents to Benin republic to talk to their leaders not to released Sunday igboho ?. You all ran to him to seek for his help on this matter and he did . Did you know how many presidents or heads of state Obasanjo had installed democratically or reinstalled back to power after over thrown by the military in their respective countries.

But now because he tried to enforce discipline on the Obas you said they Yorubas should stripes off all the chieftaincy titles on him.

Most of these so call Obas was not qualified to be Oba but when the Governors manipulating things for them to become an oba you people didn't see that time but when they can't respect a constituted authority and they were corrected it now become an issue. I don't support they ways baba Obasanjo shouted on those obas in the first place but if the obas has done what is deem fits of them would they be orderly?.

We should take it easy so that we shall not throw a way the baby with bath water.

Ibere ogun la mo o, ko si eni ti o mo ipari ogun.
Re: Yoruba Apex Group Strips Obasanjo Of All Chieftaincy Titles by walosky(m): 5:55am On Sep 24, 2023
Stripping of Titles kor titles ni!

Who cares?

The General that has almost gotten close to his ancestors abd that is drifting away afterall who takes titleship to the grave?

Just look at their cheap letter headed paper - nonsense !
Re: Yoruba Apex Group Strips Obasanjo Of All Chieftaincy Titles by mejetov422: 6:21am On Sep 24, 2023
At Least make una dey check track records before anything
Re: Yoruba Apex Group Strips Obasanjo Of All Chieftaincy Titles by psalmsjob: 7:05am On Sep 24, 2023
My dear brother, it is the institution "Obaship" that we are respecting not the occupants "Babies". The institution is supposed to be Obasanjo ancestors but he has now proved us wrong after all. The shame is now on Obasanjo.

HardBishop:
Imagine a General and a former head of state, you yorubas have that audacity stripped his tittles. Nonsense

I guess most of the so called obas were playing kekere dance in their nursery daycare when this GENERAL OBASANJO went to biafran war, even became a president them when OBAS were they're in primary school. I don't think yorubas get respect.
Re: Yoruba Apex Group Strips Obasanjo Of All Chieftaincy Titles by Mudia38: 7:13am On Sep 24, 2023
alanto:

Such a shame nobody from that region will be president in your lifetime. I see why you hate the rest... It's called inferiority complex.
ibos still the most successful tribe in Nigeria.
Re: Yoruba Apex Group Strips Obasanjo Of All Chieftaincy Titles by Olabisioladele: 7:15am On Sep 24, 2023
HardBishop:

Chai! See the way you're reasoning? Can such be done to any of first class king in the East or North and nothing will happen? What Obj did was nothing but a show of shame. Only that most people like you judge/adjudged based sentimental emotion rather than been logical.
Re: Yoruba Apex Group Strips Obasanjo Of All Chieftaincy Titles by Olabisioladele: 7:17am On Sep 24, 2023
Mudia38:
ibos still the most successful tribe in Nigeria.
And that's why you people top the list of Forbes.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Apex Group Strips Obasanjo Of All Chieftaincy Titles by Mccullum: 8:00am On Sep 24, 2023
Cantonese:

Baba so pe mentality on display.

An Igbo man, but when the Yorubas needed a son with the widest reach in 1999, to fill in for the loss of MKO, all shouted Obasanjo. Were you not born before 1999? The country compensated the Yorubas with the Presidency in 1999. He was not a son, yet the President. When he appealed to AD supporters to support their own son in the SW in 2003, they overwhelmingly did, except for BAT in Lagos. He was their son. When he refused certain patronages from the SW, they changed the narrative.

Na you be the doctor wey dem born OBJ for him hand, to take know say im papa na Igbo man.

Get small shame bros.

“He’s never happy”. Are you in his mind? At 85 he plays squash. He is a fulfilled man. Records everywhere. Internationally known. Eats well. Sleeps well. Has his medical examinations every January. Even BAT the other day in the palace of the Alake asked him to come and work with him.

I dislike disrespecting elders but Obasanjo mostly behaved abnormally, there are ex-heads of state from other parts of the country. They are not behaving like OBJ in their regions and nationally.

He subjected himself to this level of status crisis.
Re: Yoruba Apex Group Strips Obasanjo Of All Chieftaincy Titles by Luckybelt: 8:24am On Sep 24, 2023
Obasanjo has to be careful how he behaves to the yorubas despite his political interests. I believe he was wrong. He should not send wrong precedence.
Re: Yoruba Apex Group Strips Obasanjo Of All Chieftaincy Titles by Luckybelt: 8:29am On Sep 24, 2023
roscoman:

It is high time the Yorubas stopped all these ranting they are making against Baba Olusegun Obasanjo against what happened last time between him and the Yoruba obas. I had withness on many occasions the 85 years old man was prostrating for an Oba which includes: ooni of Ife, Olota of Ota, Olu of Ilaro and lately newly crown of Owu Kingdom. So he respects and understand culture more than most of these so call obas and Yoruba parapo or whatever name you called them.

If someone is using money or position to instigate Yoruba parapos to embarrass or molested Baba Olusegun Obasanjo well such a person will get the rewards very soon. It is not compustry Obasanjo must support Tinubu Presidency everybody has a choice to support whoever he wishes during an election for certain reasons best known to him.

Even the Tinubu you though you are supporting knows in and out that Baba Obasanjo was is father till tomorrow because postilion Tinubu is occupying now had been achieved so many years ago with easy without struggling for it.

But our people needs to be careful on these matter, if Obasanjo was strips of all the Yoruba chieftaincy titles bestowed on him. What does it mean to the former head of state, 8 years president, former petroleum minister, former federal Commissioner of works and president of all former President worldwide. So all the chieftaincy titles is taking from him can you guys takes those credentials from him. If Obasanjo wants Nigeria to separate today to 4 regions he knows where to go, whom to meet and what to do. When Sunday Igboho was detained in Republic of Benin during Muhammad Buhari administration who wents to Benin republic to talk to their leaders not to released Sunday igboho ?. You all ran to him to seek for his help on this matter and he did . Did you know how many presidents or heads of state Obasanjo had installed democratically or reinstalled back to power after over thrown by the military in their respective countries.

But now because he tried to enforce discipline on the Obas you said they Yorubas should stripes off all the chieftaincy titles on him.

Most of these so call Obas was not qualified to be Oba but when the Governors manipulating things for them to become an oba you people didn't see that time but when they can't respect a constituted authority and they were corrected it now become an issue. I don't support they ways baba Obasanjo shouted on those obas in the first place but if the obas has done what is deem fits of them would they be orderly?.

We should take it easy so that we shall not throw a way the baby with bath water.

Ibere ogun la mo o, ko si eni ti o mo ipari ogun.
You need to learn to seperate culture from career.he has had a great career that doesn't mean he should demean his culture with such dismay. If those oba didn't stand for him. He didnt remove from his worth. Tomorrow now another governor will do the same to obas.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Unclad APC Supporters Sparks Anger(pics) / Plateau Killings: Angry Youths Protest At Government House, Turn Violent(photos) / President Buhari’s Most Recent Missteps

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.