Stats: 3,158,283 members, 7,836,259 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 01:00 AM

Yoruba Apex Group Strips Obasanjo Of All Chieftaincy Titles - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yoruba Apex Group Strips Obasanjo Of All Chieftaincy Titles (52011 Views)

Save Nigeria Movement Accuses Obasanjo Of Planning To Divide Nigeria / Kenneth Gbagi Arrests Hotel Staff, Strips Them Naked For 'Stealing N5k' / Who Are These Women? Wole Soyinka Accuses Obasanjo Of Awarding Oil Blocs For Sex (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yoruba Apex Group Strips Obasanjo Of All Chieftaincy Titles by Truthshotcrazy: 8:32pm On Sep 23, 2023
43Ronin:

I don't understand what the issue is. if tinubu came there won't they stand up for him. .....
they are not even relevant just wasting tax payers money for nothing
I know a sitting Governor once sacked a traditional monarch. And installed traditional monarches sitting on the throne of their fathers, receive government allocation/salary like civil servants.....

They are not just wasting tax payers money. The monarchy is a preservation of our african cultures and values. The monarchy has an invaluable relevance entrenched in our identity and culture as a people and must not be abolished.
The traditional institution preceded political systems

Re: Yoruba Apex Group Strips Obasanjo Of All Chieftaincy Titles by OPICANTO2223: 8:32pm On Sep 23, 2023
Very funny tribe with their scanny reasoning. Very funny for them to believe stripping OBJ his titles will affect him.

imagine reasoning. God have mercy

Re: Yoruba Apex Group Strips Obasanjo Of All Chieftaincy Titles by Mosba: 8:33pm On Sep 23, 2023
Edideeeee!!

Re: Yoruba Apex Group Strips Obasanjo Of All Chieftaincy Titles by EDOLUWA: 8:34pm On Sep 23, 2023
Only stupid and gullible People Will celebrate this

Re: Yoruba Apex Group Strips Obasanjo Of All Chieftaincy Titles by GreatrAnalyst: 8:34pm On Sep 23, 2023
HardBishop:
Imagine a General and a former head of state, you yorubas have that audacity stripped his tittles. Nonsense

I guess most of the so called obas were playing kekere dance in their nursery daycare when this GENERAL OBASANJO went to biafran war, even became a president them when OBAS were they're in primary school. I don't think yorubas get respect.

Don't mind them. The same obas that are on their throne by government-backed constitution and are paid by the government, either local or state government. Governors give them staff of office, and so on. They should be respected, but respect they say is reciprocal. We are talking about Obasanjo here, how many Yoruba leaders are of his age and have held positions like he has done.
They should disown him and call him not their own. I am sure he doesn't send them.

Re: Yoruba Apex Group Strips Obasanjo Of All Chieftaincy Titles by KingOKON: 8:36pm On Sep 23, 2023

Re: Yoruba Apex Group Strips Obasanjo Of All Chieftaincy Titles by OPICANTO2223: 8:39pm On Sep 23, 2023
So funny God is great. OBJ is being stripped of oduduwpigs secret Ogbonib titles. God has andwered his prayer now he is 85yrs

Re: Yoruba Apex Group Strips Obasanjo Of All Chieftaincy Titles by Invest4growth: 8:39pm On Sep 23, 2023
What is the significance of this? The titles are even too much for this man. At worst he will use Ebora title.
Frankly speaking, the decision makes no sense
Do you want to strip him.of his doctorate or acedemic titles? He Gen (DR).Olusegun Obasanjo GCFR. Meanwhile, he has chieftaincy.titles from other parts of the country. His own people cannot derobe him. He is their most credible export. I don't understand why we try to cause division among ourselves with Obasanjos titles

Re: Yoruba Apex Group Strips Obasanjo Of All Chieftaincy Titles by MrsTblooms: 8:42pm On Sep 23, 2023
HardBishop:

Respect respect hen hen hen........
You should respect a military general who has the capability of leading an army. You bloody civilians who don't know to defend yourself will be ranting ..............
20 yrs old ko or no...... Respect trash trash....
See this mr angry!!! You people should have known by now that Yorùbá has strong institution unlike other regions. The reason why the colonial masters didn't succeed in Yorùbá land while a particular region were almost entirely enslaved

Re: Yoruba Apex Group Strips Obasanjo Of All Chieftaincy Titles by adekolaelect(m): 8:42pm On Sep 23, 2023
HardBishop:
Imagine a General and a former head of state, you yorubas have that audacity stripped his tittles. Nonsense

I guess most of the so called obas were playing kekere dance in their nursery daycare when this GENERAL OBASANJO went to biafran war, even became a president them when OBAS were they're in primary school. I don't think yorubas get respect.
Yorubas get respect but na you no get sense. The respect for Kings is not for their individuals person but for the Royal palaces. Can you now tell me if Obasanjo is greater than the offices of those Kings?

Re: Yoruba Apex Group Strips Obasanjo Of All Chieftaincy Titles by TOPCRUISE(m): 8:48pm On Sep 23, 2023
Did they strip him of Former President of the federal republic of Nigeria. sad
Re: Yoruba Apex Group Strips Obasanjo Of All Chieftaincy Titles by goslowgoslow(m): 8:51pm On Sep 23, 2023
HardBishop:

You don't have common sense with this rubbish that you posted, may be you don't have traditional institutions in your village.

Re: Yoruba Apex Group Strips Obasanjo Of All Chieftaincy Titles by nkwoemeka(m): 8:51pm On Sep 23, 2023
Does those chieftaincy title matters? .

Re: Yoruba Apex Group Strips Obasanjo Of All Chieftaincy Titles by Alexiiydon: 8:59pm On Sep 23, 2023
Re: Yoruba Apex Group Strips Obasanjo Of All Chieftaincy Titles by JealousCobra(m): 9:01pm On Sep 23, 2023
accordadoga30:

Hehehe

We respect our culture.

Omoluabis don't wake up their elders with sidekicks like they do in one region so that OSU's attitude is not acceptable by us.

A 20 years old boy who is an Oba is older than a 90 years old man. The 90yr old man has to respect that crown. It is the crown he is respecting and not the boy.

Story....

A war veteran!! When he was fighting for the unity of the Yoruba and other regions where were the useless obas and the vague title ?

Damn the hopeless culture

Re: Yoruba Apex Group Strips Obasanjo Of All Chieftaincy Titles by HeadlessMob: 9:03pm On Sep 23, 2023
mrvitalis:

But a convicted drug Lord is given title abi?
Convicted criminals are elected governors
Rep members

Abegi

Tinubu would do same thing and you guys would justify it

But a deported fraudster((from Heathrow) is some people's messiah

Re: Yoruba Apex Group Strips Obasanjo Of All Chieftaincy Titles by Tetraozonaitera: 9:03pm On Sep 23, 2023
Hi, guys, which loan app is fast and reliable at the moment. I have vowed never to do this but. I am broke and hungry as I type.
Please which loan app is reliable at the moment. Thanks
Please help a brother.

Re: Yoruba Apex Group Strips Obasanjo Of All Chieftaincy Titles by barinedan(m): 9:07pm On Sep 23, 2023
Stripping him of all the titles won't stop him from being recognized as a former military general a d president of Nigeria, who traditional titles help? Is there any benefit attached to being a title holder that can be greater than the wealth he has amassed as ex president? What he did was not okay but they should stop acting as if without their title Obj can't be anything in life again
Re: Yoruba Apex Group Strips Obasanjo Of All Chieftaincy Titles by Akharmony: 9:08pm On Sep 23, 2023
His time is near. . . I hope he doesn't orchestrate the next military cou

Re: Yoruba Apex Group Strips Obasanjo Of All Chieftaincy Titles by Mitsurugi(m): 9:09pm On Sep 23, 2023
alanto:

The Almighty GENERAL that suyanized 3million people somewhere in Nigeria in late 60s. wink

Please shut up! This lack of basic intelligence is nauseating

Re: Yoruba Apex Group Strips Obasanjo Of All Chieftaincy Titles by CJStarz: 9:11pm On Sep 23, 2023
These guys are making a mountain out of a molehill. Nothing moves General Obasanjo,a man that fought and won many wars.

Re: Yoruba Apex Group Strips Obasanjo Of All Chieftaincy Titles by ayokellany: 9:13pm On Sep 23, 2023
How come you ain't talking about the 3 million Biafrans he killed that their grandchildren are now defending the same man ?

The joke is on you bro.

HardBishop:

Re: Yoruba Apex Group Strips Obasanjo Of All Chieftaincy Titles by Nobody: 9:14pm On Sep 23, 2023
Look at this pigs, that don't know their left from their right.

Kissing feets, of politicians. Mtcheew. Bunch of peasants.
Re: Yoruba Apex Group Strips Obasanjo Of All Chieftaincy Titles by Burob: 9:17pm On Sep 23, 2023
accordadoga30:
Good!!!

That baba na alaseju.

Like our great grandfathers say, house wey settle na the bastard neva grow.

He is a disrespectful OSU and should be stripped of all YORUBA chieftaincy titles
Nonsense, Which Yoruba Chief can try stripping President Obasanjo of titles bestowed on him by their predecessors?

Re: Yoruba Apex Group Strips Obasanjo Of All Chieftaincy Titles by worldman(m): 9:19pm On Sep 23, 2023
HardBishop:

your head no correct. Yoruba are known to be people with respect.

Re: Yoruba Apex Group Strips Obasanjo Of All Chieftaincy Titles by themanderon: 9:21pm On Sep 23, 2023
Obj would be laughing at the simpletons making threats at him.

Re: Yoruba Apex Group Strips Obasanjo Of All Chieftaincy Titles by mrvitalis(m): 9:23pm On Sep 23, 2023
HeadlessMob:

But a deported fraudster((from Heathrow) is some people's messiah
U mean a man invited by the Commonwealth to deliver a speech... Name one international body that has invited tinubu to come give a speech in his individual capacity
Re: Yoruba Apex Group Strips Obasanjo Of All Chieftaincy Titles by Gbogbowa: 9:26pm On Sep 23, 2023
accordadoga30:

Hehehe

We respect our culture.

Omoluabis don't wake up their elders with sidekicks like they do in one region so that OSU's attitude is not acceptable by us.

A 20 years old boy who is an Oba is older than a 90 years old man. The 90yr old man has to respect that crown. It is the crown he is respecting and not the boy.
which culture,Nigeria constitution is higher than any culture so Obj is right and all traditional title are non essential .all Obama are under local government hence they must stand up and respect the governor

Re: Yoruba Apex Group Strips Obasanjo Of All Chieftaincy Titles by jrusky(m): 9:26pm On Sep 23, 2023
Strip him is just too simple and cheap penalty they should give him Naira Marley treatment anywhere they see him he must be embarrass.

No way a bastard won't behave like one. I used to respect him before but been unforgiven old man despite all appeal and beg he refused to forgive Atiku and Tinubu and chose to stood by his brother from same Local Govt in Anambra a fellow bastard since that day he lost my respect.

Re: Yoruba Apex Group Strips Obasanjo Of All Chieftaincy Titles by Chrismania100: 9:28pm On Sep 23, 2023
After all this ur ranting. Does it make Yoruba race more superior than igbo race?
Where one person (Thiefnubuu syphoned the entire southwest fortunes while hiding his miscrery in the obas and Ooni and the entire yoruba race saw nothing wrong with that.
If you like stripe OBJ his pant and nickers, presidential and Army is far superior than their local title wey dey like a curse title.
Since yoruba teamed up with Fulani to enslave Nigeria claiming they know politics better than us.Just tell me, whether Nigeria whether Nigeria is worthy to be called a nation.

A yoruba man Thiefnubuu with all ranting his claiming political genius, just like at the current situation his useless geniuety fell Nigeria in to,where $1 is now equivalent to #1000.,But this evil tribe teamed up with Fulani to call Jonathan a clueless President,which we Warned them, but they neglected our warning ,calling us 5%

alanto:

If you are blessed with culture like the Yorubas Simon Ekpa will not be destabilizing your villages from far away Finland. Respect in life is everything, that's one thing you guys lack naturally.

Respect for elders is the reason why Yorubaland is peaceful. You saw what happened when Sunday igboho tried to insult the Ooni.

We respect elders, regard parents as deities, kings as the mouthpiece of the gods and God as the supreme. Such tradition will flourish naturally.

Imagine a place where you naked, mutilate and murder your kings and then use their heads to kick soccer. Such environment can't prosper, you are pissing your gods off and shitttting on your ancestors... Because the Almighty God endorse kingship and our local traditions uphold these belief that's why you guys need culture and tradition, like every other society. It's what's keeping Edo peaceful.

Re: Yoruba Apex Group Strips Obasanjo Of All Chieftaincy Titles by ChristianMuslim: 9:31pm On Sep 23, 2023
A general that rattle the whole Biafra land mercilessly.. He thought hes still in biafraland
Re: Yoruba Apex Group Strips Obasanjo Of All Chieftaincy Titles by casualobserver: 9:39pm On Sep 23, 2023
accordadoga30:
Good!!!

That baba na alaseju.

Like our great grandfathers say, house wey settle na the bastard neva grow.

He is a disrespectful OSU and should be stripped of all YORUBA chieftaincy titles

Their forefathers should have stripped the British of their colony. You don’t have a kingdom, the British collected it from you. you are just pretending you have a kingdom, you are stripping somebody of chieftancy.

I am no fan of Obasanjo, he is a vile disgusting man but this is medicine after death. A death that already occurred in the 19th century.

It is only in Nigeria you see “Kings” that have lost their Kingdoms, working for their conquerors, collecting salaries and still parading themselves as it they are still rulers.

Reminds me of small girls playing house.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Unclad APC Supporters Sparks Anger(pics) / Plateau Killings: Angry Youths Protest At Government House, Turn Violent(photos) / President Buhari’s Most Recent Missteps