Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,215 members, 7,836,050 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 07:49 PM

Yoruba Apex Group Strips Obasanjo Of All Chieftaincy Titles - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yoruba Apex Group Strips Obasanjo Of All Chieftaincy Titles (52007 Views)

Save Nigeria Movement Accuses Obasanjo Of Planning To Divide Nigeria / Kenneth Gbagi Arrests Hotel Staff, Strips Them Naked For 'Stealing N5k' / Who Are These Women? Wole Soyinka Accuses Obasanjo Of Awarding Oil Blocs For Sex (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yoruba Apex Group Strips Obasanjo Of All Chieftaincy Titles by clearcrystal: 4:55pm On Sep 23, 2023
Cantonese:

Baba so pe mentality on display.

An Igbo man, but when the Yorubas needed a son with the widest reach in 1999, to fill in for the loss of MKO, all shouted Obasanjo. Were you not born before 1999? The country compensated the Yorubas with the Presidency in 1999. He was not a son, yet the President. When he appealed to AD supporters to support their own son in the SW in 2003, they overwhelmingly did, except for BAT in Lagos. He was their son. When he refused certain patronages from the SW, they changed the narrative.

Na you be the doctor wey dem born OBJ for him hand, to take know say im papa na Igbo man.

Get small shame bros.

“He’s never happy”. Are you in his mind? At 85 he plays squash. He is a fulfilled man. Records everywhere. Internationally known. Eats well. Sleeps well. Has his medical examinations every January. Even BAT the other day in the palace of the Alake asked him to come and work with him.

We thought he is a Yoruba man when we recommend him to Abdulsalam then.

The man scam us.
Re: Yoruba Apex Group Strips Obasanjo Of All Chieftaincy Titles by juman(m): 5:31pm On Sep 23, 2023
He is ibo man.

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Apex Group Strips Obasanjo Of All Chieftaincy Titles by nedu666: 5:39pm On Sep 23, 2023
These Yoruba council thinks obj gives a damn about chieftancy title. Who has ever address obj by his chieftancy title

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Apex Group Strips Obasanjo Of All Chieftaincy Titles by Emetex22(m): 6:23pm On Sep 23, 2023
alanto:

If you are blessed with culture like the Yorubas Simon Ekpa will not be destabilizing your villages from far away Finland. Respect in life is everything, that's one thing you guys lack naturally.

Respect for elders is the reason why Yorubaland is peaceful. You saw what happened when Sunday igboho tried to insult the Ooni.

We respect elders, regard parents as deities, kings as the mouthpiece of the gods and God as the supreme. Such tradition will flourish naturally.

Imagine a place where you naked, mutilate and murder your kings and then use their heads to kick soccer. Such environment can't prosper, you are pissing your gods off and shitttting on your ancestors... Because the Almighty God endorse kingship and our local traditions uphold these belief that's why you guys need culture and tradition, like every other society. It's what's keeping Edo peaceful.
That culture has kept Nigeria as the poverty capital of the world, a culture that couldn't stop incestuous acts, skull mining and organ harvest, fake internationally acclaimed IGR greater than New York, palliatives ninjas, let that culture burn in abyss, spits

4 Likes

Re: Yoruba Apex Group Strips Obasanjo Of All Chieftaincy Titles by JOemmy(m): 6:45pm On Sep 23, 2023
alanto:

If you are blessed with culture like the Yorubas Simon Ekpa will not be destabilizing your villages from far away Finland. Respect in life is everything, that's one thing you guys lack naturally.

Respect for elders is the reason why Yorubaland is peaceful. You saw what happened when Sunday igboho tried to insult the Ooni.

We respect elders, regard parents as deities, kings as the mouthpiece of the gods and God as the supreme. Such tradition will flourish naturally.

Imagine a place where you naked, mutilate and murder your kings and then use their heads to kick soccer. Such environment can't prosper, you are pissing your gods off and shitttting on your ancestors... Because the Almighty God endorse kingship and our local traditions uphold these belief that's why you guys need culture and tradition, like every other society. It's what's keeping Edo peaceful.

Stop the bragging and bigotry if you people truly have superior culture as u boast about here u won't be celebrating and producing criminals as ur leaders and and also deeply engaging in human sacrifice I personally don't see much to admire about ur yoruba culture fear won't even allow me to come settle in ur land due to the daily activities of ritual killers in ur land which I read almost daily here on nairaland you will never see such kind of barbarism in any civilized society anywhere in the world so please stop boasting of being superior to any ethnic group in nigeria it's totally unesessary.

3 Likes

Re: Yoruba Apex Group Strips Obasanjo Of All Chieftaincy Titles by yommen: 7:00pm On Sep 23, 2023
HardBishop:

Respect respect hen hen hen........
You should respect a military general who has the capability of leading an army. You bloody civilians who don't know to defend yourself will be ranting ..............
20 yrs old ko or no...... Respect trash trash....

Tradition remains tradition Bro. Ordinarily, a general submits to traditional rulers under mornachical system

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Yoruba Apex Group Strips Obasanjo Of All Chieftaincy Titles by President2001(m): 7:12pm On Sep 23, 2023
Joke of the year

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Apex Group Strips Obasanjo Of All Chieftaincy Titles by zinaunreal(m): 7:14pm On Sep 23, 2023
Who chieftancy title help? Once a general always a general
Re: Yoruba Apex Group Strips Obasanjo Of All Chieftaincy Titles by tonyashburton: 7:14pm On Sep 23, 2023
Lol.The only people that can take away Baba's traditional conferments are the traditional rulers who bestowed the titles on him in the first place.
This letter is merely asking that Obasanjo be relieved of those titles.

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Apex Group Strips Obasanjo Of All Chieftaincy Titles by Majesty7: 7:15pm On Sep 23, 2023

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Apex Group Strips Obasanjo Of All Chieftaincy Titles by Omoluabi16(m): 7:16pm On Sep 23, 2023
Lol.

The one and only Ebora owu.

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Apex Group Strips Obasanjo Of All Chieftaincy Titles by udemzyudex(m): 7:16pm On Sep 23, 2023
Nothing concern omo igbo for this matter oo, I wonder why some dey cry more than the bereaved.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Apex Group Strips Obasanjo Of All Chieftaincy Titles by Elidrisy20: 7:18pm On Sep 23, 2023
He has igbo titles, no problem

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Apex Group Strips Obasanjo Of All Chieftaincy Titles by Theunbothered: 7:18pm On Sep 23, 2023
mrvitalis:

But a convicted drug Lord is given title abi?
Convicted criminals are elected governors
Rep members

Abegi

Tinubu would do same thing and you guys would justify it

Tinubu that said he has more money than an Oba and everyone laughed.

The same Tinubu that appointed one yeye policeman to be Oba of Lagos?

All this noisemaking for traditional rulers that don't do anything but collect free money.

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Apex Group Strips Obasanjo Of All Chieftaincy Titles by Papayaayasager(m): 7:19pm On Sep 23, 2023
Who Title Epp?
Re: Yoruba Apex Group Strips Obasanjo Of All Chieftaincy Titles by Theunbothered: 7:20pm On Sep 23, 2023
alanto:

Such a shame nobody from that region will be president in your lifetime. I see why you hate the rest... It's called inferiority complex.

Some foolish individuals are still talking region this region that when bad government knows no region.

Oil revenue also knows no region but the presidency is reserved for only two tribes out of over 300. grin
Re: Yoruba Apex Group Strips Obasanjo Of All Chieftaincy Titles by Majesty7: 7:20pm On Sep 23, 2023
HardBishop:
Imagine a General and a former head of state, you yorubas have that othersity stripped his belt. Nonsense

I guess most of the so called obas were playing kekere dance in their nursery daycare when this GENERAL OBASANJO went to biafran war, even became a president them when OBAS were they're in primary school. I don't think yorubas get respect.

Even if they are running around naked, they are now custodian. Give respect to whoever respect is due irrespective of age or race.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Yoruba Apex Group Strips Obasanjo Of All Chieftaincy Titles by twilliamx(m): 7:23pm On Sep 23, 2023
christejames:
These useless Obas should keep playing the script of Tinubu thinking they are mocking OBJ...

We awake who laughs last!

I know you are a cultureless ipob foool

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Yoruba Apex Group Strips Obasanjo Of All Chieftaincy Titles by LegendHero(m): 7:24pm On Sep 23, 2023
tiger28:

Dont mind them!

Yoruba ethnicity is the most Authentic Ethnicity in ALL the major tribes in Nigeria.......Fact!!!

We northerners , our culture has a lot of Arabic influence.....in our dressings ,greetings etc. Because of Islam.

In SS, look at the names, and mode of dressings, it is heavily influenced by the Catholic Europeans. See how they put cufflings and Ties on their attires.

In SE, look at their first names , mostly English. Look at their Head warmers, it is meant for Winter/Cold Season which has no relation to the South Eastern Climate at all.....this is very european!

In SW, look at their Aso oke, Aso Ebi, their Abetiaja cap[I hope I am correct with the spelling,I am not Yoruba lol]. EVEN in faraway Brazil and Cuba, they STILL wear Yoruba attires for occasions.

I have soooo much respect for Yoruba Culture and its unique Authenticity.......It is not adulterated or watered down like the others.

On the issue of Respect , watch the ONLY Tribe that feels like OBJ was right............We ALL know dem!
They have no RESPECT in their Culture!!!

💯

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Yoruba Apex Group Strips Obasanjo Of All Chieftaincy Titles by 123yes(m): 7:24pm On Sep 23, 2023
HardBishop:
Imagine a General and a former head of state, you yorubas have that othersity stripped his belt. Nonsense

I guess most of the so called obas were playing kekere dance in their nursery daycare when this GENERAL OBASANJO went to biafran war, even became a president them when OBAS were they're in primary school. I don't think yorubas get respect.
As if Obasanjo care about their title. Traditional rules are the main problem of this country. As any of them stood up to tell government the truth. See the suffering in the land since APC rule. How many of them have stood for the masses. Abeg make I go buy gari and Jada sock fir night food that is what is important to me not Oba and Obasanjo issue be my problem
Re: Yoruba Apex Group Strips Obasanjo Of All Chieftaincy Titles by opribo(m): 7:24pm On Sep 23, 2023
Audio stripping. Babe is still banging everywhere and anywhere with his full honours

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Apex Group Strips Obasanjo Of All Chieftaincy Titles by adenigga(m): 7:24pm On Sep 23, 2023

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Apex Group Strips Obasanjo Of All Chieftaincy Titles by alizma: 7:25pm On Sep 23, 2023
Pride comes before a fall. Even peter himself agreed to have denied Jesus 3 times when the going gets tough but Obj want to follow peter to the grave at all cost.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Yoruba Apex Group Strips Obasanjo Of All Chieftaincy Titles by brownroofpipuar: 7:25pm On Sep 23, 2023
Una for follow strip am from being called General, President make we see. Obas that has lost their leadership position for many wives, concubines and olosho kitten

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Apex Group Strips Obasanjo Of All Chieftaincy Titles by Okwyjesus(m): 7:25pm On Sep 23, 2023

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Apex Group Strips Obasanjo Of All Chieftaincy Titles by Majesty7: 7:26pm On Sep 23, 2023
Godofwar247:
Wahalla promax... Baba no go even send them...

Who told you? He will soon regret his actions and publicly tender an apology. A respected elder suddenly becoming an object of ridicule? Had it been he was still young, then he might proof stubborn but he is old already and won't want to mess himself up. I pray he quickly find his step.

Maybe other king from other part (North or the SE) will start giving him titles. I believe he knows this rejection is indirectly a curse. I pray he retrace himself

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Yoruba Apex Group Strips Obasanjo Of All Chieftaincy Titles by PrinceOfLagos: 7:26pm On Sep 23, 2023
Nonsense

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Apex Group Strips Obasanjo Of All Chieftaincy Titles by Funkyswagzz(m): 7:26pm On Sep 23, 2023
alanto:

In igboland we do respect our elders buh most of them don't respect themselves. They tend to abuse the power they have. That is why it looks as if things are out of proportion.
Re: Yoruba Apex Group Strips Obasanjo Of All Chieftaincy Titles by oyeb15: 7:27pm On Sep 23, 2023
Wetin he do? His offence is saying refineries can't be managed by government, that tinubu is just scamming Nigeria

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Apex Group Strips Obasanjo Of All Chieftaincy Titles by Mystic216: 7:27pm On Sep 23, 2023
Yoruba tribe lacks tolerance

Thank God almighty I’m not Yoruba
I for don kpai due to depression
Re: Yoruba Apex Group Strips Obasanjo Of All Chieftaincy Titles by DukeNija(m): 7:28pm On Sep 23, 2023
alanto:

He's only convicted in your zobu mind, he just came from the US.
He'll be president for 8 years inshallah. wink
Fooool! Whose loss? Dollar is N1000, Diesel is N1100, Tertiary school fees have quadrupled, Fuel is N610. Ode oshi, let him rule for eternity.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Plateau Killings: Angry Youths Protest At Government House, Turn Violent(photos) / Unclad APC Supporters Sparks Anger(pics) / Some Tinubu Supporters in Nnewi Celebrate Presidential Election Result (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.