Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,705 members, 7,816,888 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:30 PM

Proposed Abuja-Lagos Highway To Be Completed In 2027 - Works Minister, Umahi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Proposed Abuja-Lagos Highway To Be Completed In 2027 - Works Minister, Umahi (19932 Views)

Works Minister, Umahi Makes Night-Time visit To Third Mainland Bridge, Lagos / Wike Is FCT Minister, Umahi Works Minister - Vanguard / Fashola Seeks Elongation Of Works Minister’s Tenure (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Proposed Abuja-Lagos Highway To Be Completed In 2027 - Works Minister, Umahi by fergie001: 2:44pm On Sep 23, 2023
The proposed Abuja-Lagos highway will be completed in four years, the Federal Government has assured.

Minister of Works David Umahi gave the assurance at a briefing on Saturday.

He said travelling from Lagos to Abuja will take four hours on the new highway.

He said the road will be built entirely with concrete, which is cheaper than asphalt.

https://thenationonlineng.net/breaking-abuja-lagos-highway-ready-in-2027-fg/#:~:text=The

35 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Proposed Abuja-Lagos Highway To Be Completed In 2027 - Works Minister, Umahi by KnowAll(m): 2:49pm On Sep 23, 2023
They should use the western frontier to build it. That is the Badagry to Sokoto frontier. That way u avoid all the big cities on the way.

39 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Proposed Abuja-Lagos Highway To Be Completed In 2027 - Works Minister, Umahi by Moferere: 2:50pm On Sep 23, 2023
Abuja to Lagos, 4 hours? Lol
Exaggeration

145 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Proposed Abuja-Lagos Highway To Be Completed In 2027 - Works Minister, Umahi by NzogbuNzogbu: 2:51pm On Sep 23, 2023
2027 where you people would now hype it for reelection since tinubu doesn't seem to have anything tangible to show

59 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Proposed Abuja-Lagos Highway To Be Completed In 2027 - Works Minister, Umahi by Cantonese: 2:51pm On Sep 23, 2023
Ok.

What has happened with fixing the current roads leading to Abuja from Lagos. The money to be spent constructing the new road could be used to fix Lagos- Ibadan-Ife-Owo-Okene to Abuja. The other end Lagos-Benin-Ekpoma-Iyamho-Auchi-Okene axis. All those roads need is proper supervision and management.

60 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Proposed Abuja-Lagos Highway To Be Completed In 2027 - Works Minister, Umahi by NzogbuNzogbu: 2:53pm On Sep 23, 2023
Tinubu just wan answer president nothing really dey to deliver aside playing politics.

Nothing how he is still president yet playing politics like opposition

Operation loot and pretend you have project to complete in 2027 reelection

26 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Proposed Abuja-Lagos Highway To Be Completed In 2027 - Works Minister, Umahi by AntiChristian: 2:53pm On Sep 23, 2023
Confirm ọmọ igbó atata!

More power to your elbow!

God bless Jagaban!

28 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Proposed Abuja-Lagos Highway To Be Completed In 2027 - Works Minister, Umahi by Artiiclebeast: 2:53pm On Sep 23, 2023
When was the proposed coastal road of the Niger Delta highway (East/West Road) supposed to have been completed again?

That's been in the works since the beginning of the current democratic dispensation, I assume.

I wish to be hopeful and give Umahi the benefit of the doubt. However, with the current state of our economy and an almost lack of a proper policy direction (both local and foreign), it is becoming almost impossible to be truly hopeful.

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Proposed Abuja-Lagos Highway To Be Completed In 2027 - Works Minister, Umahi by Brendaniel: 2:53pm On Sep 23, 2023
I think he should focus on getting the existing roads in the best conditions they can be first...

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Proposed Abuja-Lagos Highway To Be Completed In 2027 - Works Minister, Umahi by soxifi: 2:53pm On Sep 23, 2023
Hahahhaha scammmmmmm u who voted apc again, plz note ur age, have u done so? Now look at ur age put ur hand for chest n say ur name

Say (input name here) his/she's foolish

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Proposed Abuja-Lagos Highway To Be Completed In 2027 - Works Minister, Umahi by lovinguszz: 2:54pm On Sep 23, 2023
Nothing to see here guys.

4 Likes

Re: Proposed Abuja-Lagos Highway To Be Completed In 2027 - Works Minister, Umahi by Tonnierichy(m): 2:54pm On Sep 23, 2023
David Umahi is my President in the near future. I know his Igbo brothers might not want to support him because he's Apc, but watch us get him there without their help yet again.

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Proposed Abuja-Lagos Highway To Be Completed In 2027 - Works Minister, Umahi by 4tomandchi: 2:55pm On Sep 23, 2023
cool
Re: Proposed Abuja-Lagos Highway To Be Completed In 2027 - Works Minister, Umahi by Guyman01: 2:55pm On Sep 23, 2023
This is Igbo mentality at work here, if they make an open declaration about what they intend to achieve they won't rest till they fulfill it because their people will use it against him and his children.
If only we as Nigeria can copy the good side of each ethnic nationality the country will be a great place

5 Likes

Re: Proposed Abuja-Lagos Highway To Be Completed In 2027 - Works Minister, Umahi by Nats12(m): 2:55pm On Sep 23, 2023
Long life Lord,
2027 sounds like tomorrow but some of us won't see it. Lord if it is your will let me live beyond 2027..Amen

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Proposed Abuja-Lagos Highway To Be Completed In 2027 - Works Minister, Umahi by mrjoeblinks: 2:56pm On Sep 23, 2023
Ehen?
Lagos to Abuja 4hours from over 20hours? Na here I de dey watch una for 6D o

2 Likes

Re: Proposed Abuja-Lagos Highway To Be Completed In 2027 - Works Minister, Umahi by Praxis758: 2:56pm On Sep 23, 2023
Even the US with super highways will never say such a long distance journey will take 4 hours.

I think this administration is taking exaggeration and propaganda too far.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Proposed Abuja-Lagos Highway To Be Completed In 2027 - Works Minister, Umahi by omoadeleye(m): 2:56pm On Sep 23, 2023
Ah, too far, i thought that it won't be less than a month

1 Like

Re: Proposed Abuja-Lagos Highway To Be Completed In 2027 - Works Minister, Umahi by Powersurge: 2:57pm On Sep 23, 2023
Believe this stupidity at your own peril.

All legacy projects in. Nigeria (from 3MB, to refineries, schools, Nigeria Railway etc were constructed by military juntas). While I don't advocate millitary rule, these democratic thieves are practically doing nothing despite the fact that they are not under sanctions and financial constraints.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Proposed Abuja-Lagos Highway To Be Completed In 2027 - Works Minister, Umahi by 4tomandchi: 2:57pm On Sep 23, 2023
Is it a coincidence that all the ministers making waves are from the South?
Re: Proposed Abuja-Lagos Highway To Be Completed In 2027 - Works Minister, Umahi by iwaeda: 2:57pm On Sep 23, 2023
fergie001:

https://thenationonlineng.net/breaking-abuja-lagos-highway-ready-in-2027-fg/#:~:text=The

Multiply by 5 years again. Another lie from the stable of APC, he wants to outdo Fash the 0007. 4 hours through which route and at what expected speed limit. grin cheesy grin grin grin
Re: Proposed Abuja-Lagos Highway To Be Completed In 2027 - Works Minister, Umahi by Trueigbo: 2:57pm On Sep 23, 2023
How much do we pay to make it faster

88 Likes

Re: Proposed Abuja-Lagos Highway To Be Completed In 2027 - Works Minister, Umahi by AntiChristian: 2:57pm On Sep 23, 2023
cool
Tonnierichy:
David Umahi is my President in the near future. I know his Igbo brothers might not want to support him because he's Apc, but watch us get him there without their help yet again.

Them go suffer am na!
Evil tribalistic set of race!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Proposed Abuja-Lagos Highway To Be Completed In 2027 - Works Minister, Umahi by grandstar(m): 2:57pm On Sep 23, 2023
kk
Re: Proposed Abuja-Lagos Highway To Be Completed In 2027 - Works Minister, Umahi by benuejosh: 2:58pm On Sep 23, 2023
Carry On.

Europe and America were not built in 8years or even 10years. Take your time and give us the best Hon. Minister.

5 Likes

Re: Proposed Abuja-Lagos Highway To Be Completed In 2027 - Works Minister, Umahi by RelevantSolutio(f): 2:58pm On Sep 23, 2023
Moferere:
Abuja to Lagos, 4 hours? Lol
Exaggeration

I tire for this kind lie too. Lol

Re: Proposed Abuja-Lagos Highway To Be Completed In 2027 - Works Minister, Umahi by KingAzubuike(f): 2:58pm On Sep 23, 2023
Praxis758:
Even the US with super highways will never say such a long distance journey will take 4 hours.

I think this administration is taking exaggeration and propaganda too far.
Yes it's possible .. travelling @ 240km/hr. cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Proposed Abuja-Lagos Highway To Be Completed In 2027 - Works Minister, Umahi by newdawnlive: 2:58pm On Sep 23, 2023
if travel by Air is around 1 hour, then travel by road can be around 4 hours with latest technology to Shadow the nearest edge to locate the highway, haters will not like this

5 Likes

Re: Proposed Abuja-Lagos Highway To Be Completed In 2027 - Works Minister, Umahi by OlujobaSamuel: 2:58pm On Sep 23, 2023
Hmmmm, how possible is this
Road safety recommends 120km per hr on highway private cars which is the highest, if all vehicles are traveling at that speed, it means one will cover 480km in 4hrs. So what's the distance between Lagos and Abuja??

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

President Buhari's Speech In Nasarawa Today (Full Text) / APC's Government Dances Unclad – Timi Frank, Commends Auditor-General, US Report / Sowore: Body Of SANs Knocks Nigerian Government, Demands Investigation Into Cour

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.