Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,955 members, 7,817,801 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:59 PM

Proposed Abuja-Lagos Highway To Be Completed In 2027 - Works Minister, Umahi - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Proposed Abuja-Lagos Highway To Be Completed In 2027 - Works Minister, Umahi (19936 Views)

Works Minister, Umahi Makes Night-Time visit To Third Mainland Bridge, Lagos / Wike Is FCT Minister, Umahi Works Minister - Vanguard / Fashola Seeks Elongation Of Works Minister’s Tenure (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Proposed Abuja-Lagos Highway To Be Completed In 2027 - Works Minister, Umahi by harizonal123(m): 2:59pm On Sep 23, 2023
Everybody are usually proud of their first class result! E reach Baba turn, we start dey hear “it can destroy my life”
Re: Proposed Abuja-Lagos Highway To Be Completed In 2027 - Works Minister, Umahi by ComptonGee: 2:59pm On Sep 23, 2023
Kumid:
Pictures nko

Which picture?
Picture of the proposed or what?
Re: Proposed Abuja-Lagos Highway To Be Completed In 2027 - Works Minister, Umahi by Gajagojo: 3:00pm On Sep 23, 2023
Is it necessary?
Re: Proposed Abuja-Lagos Highway To Be Completed In 2027 - Works Minister, Umahi by GAZZUZZ(m): 3:00pm On Sep 23, 2023
2027 Not possible

4Hrs Not possible

3 Likes

Re: Proposed Abuja-Lagos Highway To Be Completed In 2027 - Works Minister, Umahi by Shurtman79(m): 3:01pm On Sep 23, 2023
4 Hours Lagos to Abuja joke of the century kwatinu undecided undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: Proposed Abuja-Lagos Highway To Be Completed In 2027 - Works Minister, Umahi by Jennieee4(f): 3:03pm On Sep 23, 2023
No be only 2027

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Proposed Abuja-Lagos Highway To Be Completed In 2027 - Works Minister, Umahi by tishbite42: 3:03pm On Sep 23, 2023
Tonnierichy:
David Umahi is my President in the near future. I know his Igbo brothers might not want to support him because he's Apc, but watch us get him there without their help yet again.
When he decides to contest, you'll still call him IPOB
Lol
Keep deceiving yourself
Sha Umahi himself knows that
He's just there to cashout
Re: Proposed Abuja-Lagos Highway To Be Completed In 2027 - Works Minister, Umahi by Tonnierichy(m): 3:03pm On Sep 23, 2023
tishbite42:

When he decides to contest, you'll still call him IPOB
Lol
Keep deceiving yourself
Sha Umahi himself knows that
He's just their to cashout
Okay.
Re: Proposed Abuja-Lagos Highway To Be Completed In 2027 - Works Minister, Umahi by tishbite42: 3:04pm On Sep 23, 2023
ComptonGee:

Which picture?
Picture of the proposed or what?
Some people dey high on molly
Pictures of such length of road abi na wetin

1 Like

Re: Proposed Abuja-Lagos Highway To Be Completed In 2027 - Works Minister, Umahi by onuman: 3:05pm On Sep 23, 2023
Pray that oil revenues exist before then.
Re: Proposed Abuja-Lagos Highway To Be Completed In 2027 - Works Minister, Umahi by Curious345: 3:06pm On Sep 23, 2023
I need to quickly register my company with works

1 Like

Re: Proposed Abuja-Lagos Highway To Be Completed In 2027 - Works Minister, Umahi by onuman: 3:06pm On Sep 23, 2023
Tonnierichy:
David Umahi is my President in the near future. I know his Igbo brothers might not want to support him because he's Apc, but watch us get him there without their help yet again.

You would rather die than vote Umahi as president.

1 Like

Re: Proposed Abuja-Lagos Highway To Be Completed In 2027 - Works Minister, Umahi by skj1377(m): 3:06pm On Sep 23, 2023
The should try to complete Abuja to okene. That has been under construction for 23yrs . They can then dualize okene to Akure to ilesa. From ilesa to Lagos is dualized only needs maintenance. Looks like Tinubu has no scientific approach to the problems of Nigeria, I wonder how much he wants to borrow from China for this new project. Tinubu will build a tollgate on every 10km of that new road making the road expensive to travel on. White elephant project in the making.

1 Like

Re: Proposed Abuja-Lagos Highway To Be Completed In 2027 - Works Minister, Umahi by BoldBrainz(m): 3:09pm On Sep 23, 2023
Concrete roads are a bad idea for an inter-state express road stretching for about a thousand kilometers.

2 Likes

Re: Proposed Abuja-Lagos Highway To Be Completed In 2027 - Works Minister, Umahi by Blackdisciple(m): 3:13pm On Sep 23, 2023
I hope so ..
Re: Proposed Abuja-Lagos Highway To Be Completed In 2027 - Works Minister, Umahi by TheEnforcer: 3:15pm On Sep 23, 2023
Tonnierichy:
Did he perform as governor?
Re: Proposed Abuja-Lagos Highway To Be Completed In 2027 - Works Minister, Umahi by Basicend: 3:15pm On Sep 23, 2023
There is what is called scale of preference. It should be applied in extreme situations like Nigeria now.

Buhari brought Nigeria to where it is today becoz of several huge loans he borrowed to implement corrupt riddle projects. . Instead of finding ways to look into way to empower the SMEs, reduce leakages and create a better welfare framework for the citizens.

This Tinubu of a man now needs to look at how Nigerians can eat first. . It is sad that our leaders lack the right focus. . Misappropriating resources has lead us to where we are right now.

People need to eat Oga. . Stop looking for ways to steal more. . There is an existing road that take people to Abuja. .

2 Likes

Re: Proposed Abuja-Lagos Highway To Be Completed In 2027 - Works Minister, Umahi by youngrichnigga: 3:15pm On Sep 23, 2023
I also believe miracles happen and it continues to happen but, have all the initial prerequisites been done from feasibility study, EIA etc before this cast in stone statement was made
The approximate road distance from Lagos to Abuja via shagamu-benin road is about 717.5 km or will it traverse a different route undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: Proposed Abuja-Lagos Highway To Be Completed In 2027 - Works Minister, Umahi by Bfly: 3:15pm On Sep 23, 2023
Average Nigerians should be tired of "will" by now
Re: Proposed Abuja-Lagos Highway To Be Completed In 2027 - Works Minister, Umahi by RepoMan007: 3:16pm On Sep 23, 2023
When they complete the first 250km, I will have hope in them, for now I can't waste my and hope on some alleged renewed hope crusade that's hopelessly delivering hopeless outcomes hopelessly.
Re: Proposed Abuja-Lagos Highway To Be Completed In 2027 - Works Minister, Umahi by skywalker240(m): 3:19pm On Sep 23, 2023
To be

Will be

We will

We are

Make una continue
Re: Proposed Abuja-Lagos Highway To Be Completed In 2027 - Works Minister, Umahi by Judolisco(m): 3:23pm On Sep 23, 2023
Moferere:
Abuja to Lagos, 4 hours? Lol
Exaggeration
almost 10hrs journey.... Dis man dey joke 2 much
Re: Proposed Abuja-Lagos Highway To Be Completed In 2027 - Works Minister, Umahi by Ijaya123: 3:23pm On Sep 23, 2023
fergie001:

https://thenationonlineng.net/breaking-abuja-lagos-highway-ready-in-2027-fg/#:~:text=The

Lagos to Abuja in four hours? At what speed (kph/mph) will that be?

1 Like

Re: Proposed Abuja-Lagos Highway To Be Completed In 2027 - Works Minister, Umahi by Elliotwaveforec: 3:26pm On Sep 23, 2023
Hmnn! Via Sokoto Road in Ogun state? Shortcut dey around that axis connecting Agbara.
Re: Proposed Abuja-Lagos Highway To Be Completed In 2027 - Works Minister, Umahi by Elliotwaveforec: 3:29pm On Sep 23, 2023
KnowAll:
They should use the western frontier to build it. That is the Badagry to Sokoto frontier. That way u avoid all the big cities on the way.
The minister get sense sha! That's the shortcut to Lagos.

Umahi, Omo Ogbon!

1 Like

Re: Proposed Abuja-Lagos Highway To Be Completed In 2027 - Works Minister, Umahi by Ventura1: 3:31pm On Sep 23, 2023
I detest exaggerations,
what is the distance and route?

Even, Lagos - ibadan with the smooth road is still well over 1hr.
Re: Proposed Abuja-Lagos Highway To Be Completed In 2027 - Works Minister, Umahi by xperiencelove(m): 3:31pm On Sep 23, 2023
Kumid:
It is no argument that David Umahi will be best performing minister

Get a Professional Company Logo or Letterhead for Businesses for 2k only
pay on delivery
Drop us your Company name for your Logo
https://forms.gle/9Nt2kq9ozyb2WdWR7

You didn't complete your statement. He might be the best performing minister in the history of Nigeria! Though, time will tell.
Re: Proposed Abuja-Lagos Highway To Be Completed In 2027 - Works Minister, Umahi by Tonnierichy(m): 3:34pm On Sep 23, 2023
TheEnforcer:
Did he perform as governor?
Absolutely. And evidence full everywhere.
Re: Proposed Abuja-Lagos Highway To Be Completed In 2027 - Works Minister, Umahi by Tonnierichy(m): 3:36pm On Sep 23, 2023
onuman:

You would rather die than vote Umahi as president.
🤡🤡
Re: Proposed Abuja-Lagos Highway To Be Completed In 2027 - Works Minister, Umahi by Emu4life(m): 3:38pm On Sep 23, 2023
OlujobaSamuel:
Hmmmm, how possible is this
Road safety recommends 120km per hr on highway private cars which is the highest, if all vehicles are traveling at that speed, it means one will cover 480km in 4hrs. So what's the distance between Lagos and Abuja??
No mind them. Lagos to Abuja is 754Km. Why can't they do Electric rail where bullet trains will be used.
Everybody sha dey look for how to 'cut him own cake'.

1 Like

Re: Proposed Abuja-Lagos Highway To Be Completed In 2027 - Works Minister, Umahi by Ikaeniyan0: 3:39pm On Sep 23, 2023
Let them first fix all the bad federal roads across Nigeria
Re: Proposed Abuja-Lagos Highway To Be Completed In 2027 - Works Minister, Umahi by plat0: 3:40pm On Sep 23, 2023
Judolisco:
almost 10hrs journey.... Dis man dey joke 2 much
nope, he's constructing a new road. 460km in length, I have read the comments on this thread, people don't care to know the details of the project hence their disbelief and skepticism. The existing road to Abuja from Lagos is about 700km, if he pulls this project off, Lagos to Abuja will take about 4-5 hours

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Sowore Apologizes For Sharing Fake News About Nigeria Army Burning Villages / Arik Presents Ipad3 to Omojuwa, Elrufai's Mouth Piece And Chief Hacker(pix) / Nigerian Police And Assault Rifles

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.