Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,868 members, 7,828,091 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 12:11 AM

Pdp 2019 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Pdp 2019 (6680 Views)

''Tolu Ogunlesi Wrote "The Economist" Article Calling GEJ ineffectual Buffoon'' / Nigerians React After The Economist Tagged GEJ As "An Ineffectual Buffoon" / THE ECONOMIST Tags Jonathan As "An Ineffectual Buffoon" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pdp 2019 by TonyeBarcanista(m): 7:06am On Jan 29, 2016

26 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Pdp 2019 by INTROVERT(f): 7:06am On Jan 29, 2016
I have my opinion, let me read others.

1 Like

Re: Pdp 2019 by joseph1832(m): 7:07am On Jan 29, 2016
Bla bla bla. Of course wasn't it you TonyeBarcanista who came out and called GEJ your very own hero to the extent of giving him saint like status? And writing epistles about how awesome a leader Jonathan was? Remember the thread you created about how PMB was following the noble step of Jonathan when PMB reduced his salary or whatever?... Now you're here saying this, and saying that, throwing shades on him...

I'll say this, anybody who believe TonyeBarcanista does so at his or her own risk!.

Now, to the thread, personally, I really couldn't give a rats pudenda what the Economist called Jonathan. I know that when gay marriage was legalized in the U.S, and Obama gave his support of it, many Nigerians threw insults at him. So I wonder why people are now voicing out their worthless and narrow minded opinions about this. Its okay for you to insult another man's president and not okay for that man to insult your's?

Lest we forget, "opinions are like butt holes, everybody has one" so why should I bother myself because a dude insulted former president Jonathan when I now we have actually done worse. Or weren't we the ones who insulted our former president to the point that he was named "the most insulted president on facebook?". LOL.

Well anyway, I don't need the economist to tell me what Jonathan is or isn't, because I know, any man who can't control or coordinate his wife, is a classic woman wrapper!. tongue

34 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Pdp 2019 by Leopardd(m): 7:08am On Jan 29, 2016
APC lunatics and turncoats full here, in fact Tonye.
Be like Bill, your life will be smart too.

7 Likes

Re: Pdp 2019 by demarc001: 7:08am On Jan 29, 2016
Mumu Question

4 Likes

Re: Pdp 2019 by looseweight: 7:09am On Jan 29, 2016
Lemme read first
Re: Pdp 2019 by Raymondville(m): 7:10am On Jan 29, 2016
Amen!
Re: Pdp 2019 by Herald47: 7:13am On Jan 29, 2016
If i had called him ineffectual buffon ahead of the economist you would have started foaming from the mouth.

1 Like

Re: Pdp 2019 by TonyeBarcanista(m): 7:16am On Jan 29, 2016
Herald47:
If i had called him ineffectual buffon ahead of the economist you would have started foaming from the mouth.
Who is the you? What concerns me with what a public officer is called? Did I attack anyone whenevr they called him clueless? Abi you de hallucinate?

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Pdp 2019 by modath(f): 7:19am On Jan 29, 2016
I'm of two minds...

1. I have that opinion myself..

2. It makes me feel some type of way that we had a leader so glaringly below par that "outsiders" could join in the name calling....

Black Leaders need to do right..
Re: Pdp 2019 by Mynd44: 7:21am On Jan 29, 2016
LmaoooooooLmaooooooo

GEJ seens to be running out of friends and supporters faster than Dasuki allegedly shared money

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Pdp 2019 by kodded(m): 7:22am On Jan 29, 2016
[s]
TonyeBarcanista:
Why are people blowing hot air because a globally recognise and reputable medium(the Economist) tagged former president Goodluck Jonathan an ineffectual buffoon within the context of anti-corruption? Can we please for a few moment reflect our mind back to the statement of the Economist and tell ourselves whether or not it was true?

"The government(of Buhari) has cracked down on corruption, which had flourished under the previous president, Goodluck Jonathan, an ineffectual buffoon who let politicians and their cronies fill their pockets with impunity."
(The Economist 28/01/2016)
Who can claim that corruption didn't flourish under Jonathan administration? What happened to Princess Stella Oduah and her N260million bullet-proof car scam? What happened to Alison Madueke that sold off NNPC jet meant for use of petroleum minister but allegedly spent a whopping N10billion of tax-payers' money on charter jet while the former President refused to probe the issue and even shielded her from house of representative probe in 2014? What happened to the Alhaji Abdulrasheed Maina, the former chairman of the Pension Reform Task Team the recovered and re-looted billions of naira of our poor pensioners? What happened to Steven Orasanya the former head of service indicted for looting billions? What happened to the oil subsidy thieves, Alison Madueke and all those indicted by Mallam Nuhu Ribadu led Petroleum Revenue Special Task Force that was set-up by Jonathan's government in 2012? What happened to comrade Abba Moro, the former interior minister that sent young Nigerians to their early grave after fleecing each of them of their hard-earned N1000 in the name of immigration recruitment? How do we explain the fact that under Goodluck Jonathan, former governors from all parties took corruption to the zenith with ex-Gov Amaechi telling Nigerians that they steal because we don't stone them? What was his reaction? What happened to the $2.2billion cash for arms deal, and the re-looted Abacha $370million loot? Who gave Olisah Metuh N400 million? Didn't Jonathan agree that some cabals are taking advantage of subsidy (without bringing them to book)? Should we dismiss that also? Should we go on? Did corruption not thrive under Goodluck Jonathan's leadership at all level?

If we agree with the above then why should we fault the Economist when even Jonathan supporters agree that corruption thrived in the last administration even though they are quick to say "Buhari's men are not saints" (which of course is correct).

No Insult Intended...
An ineffectual buffoon is simply someone with odd or ridiculous behaviour that doesn't produce desired effect or doesn't meet expectation

If we are to be fair, we won't call the ineffectual buffoon tag an insult on Jonathan especially when putting the war against corruption into context like the Economist did. That he carries a humble demeanour or conceded defeat does not erode the fact that he was ineffective in tackling corruption, though his concession of defeat is worth commendation. The truth must be said. In fact, many, even among those that claim to be his supporters and those from his Ijaw ethnic group have at one time or the other tagged the former president clueless. I sympathise with Jonathan but this is a cross that he should be prepare to bear.

He is Not The First To Be Called A Buffoon
Let me also state that former president Goodluck Jonathan is not the only person nor the first to be tagged a buffoon. When British MP Sir Keir Starmer said “that(Donald Trump's behaviour) is not buffoonery, that is absolutely repugnant”, Americans didn't spit fire, neither did Republicans spat fire when British MP Tom Tugendhat called Trump an insane.

Goodluck Jonathan's sympathisers and foot solders should understand that the former president belongs to the past just like his predecessors in office. His deeds and misdeeds as President Jonathan(not Mr. Jonathan) will always be talked about just like we keep talking about those of Shehu Shagari, Sani Abacha, Gen IBB, Maj Gen Buhari, Chief Obasanjo, late Yar'adua etc. Whether for good or for bad, he/they are being remembered by what they have done and what they failed to do- President Muhammadu Buhari won't be an exception when he leaves power.

May God Bless Us All and Bless Nigeria
[/s]

undecided undecided

and you supported this "buffon" 9 months ago not so
undecided undecided

34 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Pdp 2019 by Mynd44: 7:25am On Jan 29, 2016
modath:

I'm of two minds...

2. It makes me feel some type of way that we had a leader so glaringly below par that "outsiders" could join in the name calling....

Perhaps that opinion is why Nigerians voted him out. Remenber that the New York Times called him "Slow and inept" in dealing with Boko Haram
http://mobile.nytimes.com/2014/05/07/opinion/nigerias-stolen-girls.html?_r=0&referer=

Look at it this way, perhaps having him was president was a mistake Nigeria made. But it is only human to nake mistakes, you can say that mistake has been corrected.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pdp 2019 by Plus10(m): 7:26am On Jan 29, 2016
I abeg nor be by force to create Thread.,must you open thread on every trash?

5 Likes

Re: Pdp 2019 by joseph1832(m): 7:26am On Jan 29, 2016
modath:

I'm of two minds...

Never forget how some people here praised this so called leader to the extent of writing half baked lies and twisting truths just for his sake.

Do you honestly need the OP's thread to know Jonathan is the worst thing that ever happened to Nigeria?

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Pdp 2019 by Mynd44: 7:26am On Jan 29, 2016
kodded:
[s][/s]

undecided undecided

undecided undecided

Re: Pdp 2019 by Nobody: 7:27am On Jan 29, 2016
Don fortunato, EL clueNO and now Ineffictual Buffoon. The accolade keep growing

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pdp 2019 by aieromon(m): 7:27am On Jan 29, 2016
I thought GEJ was your hero. What's all this?

1 Like

Re: Pdp 2019 by TonyeBarcanista(m): 7:28am On Jan 29, 2016
kodded:
[s][/s]

undecided undecided
undecided undecided

Exactly! I supported his election not his buffoonery angry

I will always maintain that for the fact that I support a candidate in an election does not mean that I won't bare my mind about him whenever such opportunity arise. If as far back as 2012 and 2013 I can protest in Ojota and calling for Oduah's ouster/prosecution despite voting for him in 2011, I tell you I would have done worse if he was re-elected and the Dasuki-gate was brought to light.

BTW: Did you notice that all through the campaign period I used this phrase "we can change within the PDP"? If not piss off... If yes, still piss off angry

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Pdp 2019 by TonyeBarcanista(m): 7:30am On Jan 29, 2016
modath:

I'm of two minds...

Well, the moral lesson is that our deeds and misdeeds in office will stand for or against us after we have left.

3 Likes

Re: Pdp 2019 by Mynd44: 7:31am On Jan 29, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:

I will always maintain that for the fact that I support a candidate in an election does not mean that I won't bare my mind about him whenever such opportunity arise. If as far back as 2012 and 2013 I can protest in Ojota and calling for Oduah's ouster/prosecution despite voting for him in 2011, I tell you I would have done worse if he was re-elected and the Dasuki-gate was brought to light.

BTW: Did you notice that all through the campaign period I used this phrase "we can change within the PDP"? If not piss off... If yes, still piss off angry
Please spare us.

Your support for Idris Wada, Agbaje, and GEJ has more than proven that you dont have Nigeria's interest but that of your party

23 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Pdp 2019 by joseph1832(m): 7:31am On Jan 29, 2016
Mynd44:

Perhaps that opinion is why Nigerians voted him out. Remenber that the New York Times called him "Slow and inept" in dealing with Boko Haram
http://mobile.nytimes.com/2014/05/07/opinion/nigerias-stolen-girls.html?_r=0&referer=

Look at it this way, perhaps having him was president was a mistake Nigeria made. But it is only human to nake mistakes, you can say that mistake has been corrected.

Any so called mistake, that bothers on tribalism and religious bigotry, as well as nepotism, can't be said to be a mistake, especially when it happens to be the way of life of a particular set of people.

Never forget, people still voted for Jonathan, the election result is proof.

2 Likes

Re: Pdp 2019 by ritababe(f): 7:32am On Jan 29, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:

lol no be only piss off na shiit off
Re: Pdp 2019 by modath(f): 7:32am On Jan 29, 2016
joseph1832:
Never forget how some people here praised this so called leader to the extent of writing half baked lies and twisting truths just for his sake.

Do you honestly need the OP's thread to know Jonathan is the worst thing that ever happened to Nigeria?

Not at all, We know the deal & everyone here knows i have no love for El No Clue, i have been singing same song since 2011 (agabaI23 is my witness ) , that he is a wolf in sheep clothing, he is an associate of Satan

He sows discord & feigns concern when it suits him..

Let's take OP as he is, no one is perfect.. wink

Good AM..

2 Likes

Re: Pdp 2019 by modath(f): 7:35am On Jan 29, 2016
Mynd44:

I wish i could turn back the hands of time& press delete on the Jona years.... Set us back triple the time he spent...

As for Barca, he has his ways he does his things, let's allow him, no one is perfect.. smiley

1 Like

Re: Pdp 2019 by joseph1832(m): 7:35am On Jan 29, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:

Well, the moral lesson is that our deeds and misdeeds in office will stand for or against us after we have left.
Just like your deeds and misdeeds is standing and working against you now. tongue

Imagine your nonsense. "You supported his election, not his buffoonery" Kai! Yeye dey smell for here.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Pdp 2019 by TonyeBarcanista(m): 7:36am On Jan 29, 2016
Mynd44:

Please spare us.
Your support for Idris Wada, Agbaje, and GEJ has more than proven that you dont have Nigeria's interest but that of your party
Exactly! I supported Wada instead of a recycled and failed clown called Audu. Was Audu any better?

I supported and even voted for Jimi. This man has a clean slate and lost due to some factors.

I supported and voted for Jonathan in the election because of some corrupt clowns using public funds to hijack a legitimate project, which I know that they'll one day seek to recoup. The 2016 budget proposal allocations is a good example(that's a different issue). However, it doesn't erode the deeds of Jonathan!

Beside, as a moderator you aren't supposed to be derailing threads.

Back to the matter puleeeeeeease

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Pdp 2019 by Lordave: 7:37am On Jan 29, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:
Why are people blowing hot air because a globally recognise and reputable medium(the Economist) tagged former president Goodluck Jonathan an ineffectual buffoon within the context of anti-corruption? Can we please for a few moment reflect our mind back to the statement of the Economist and tell ourselves whether or not it was true?
"The government(of Buhari) has cracked down on corruption, which had flourished under the previous president, Goodluck Jonathan, an ineffectual buffoon who let politicians and their cronies fill their pockets with impunity."
Who can claim that corruption didn't flourish under Jonathan administration? What happened to Princess Stella Oduah and her N260million bullet-proof car scam? What happened to Alison Madueke that sold off NNPC jet meant for use of petroleum minister but allegedly spent a whopping N10billion of tax-payers' money on charter jet while the former President refused to probe the issue and even shielded her from house of representative probe in 2014? What happened to the Alhaji Abdulrasheed Maina, the former chairman of the Pension Reform Task Team the recovered and re-looted billions of naira of our poor pensioners? What happened to Steven Orasanya the former head of service indicted for looting billions? What happened to the oil subsidy thieves, Alison Madueke and all those indicted by Mallam Nuhu Ribadu led Petroleum Revenue Special Task Force that was set-up by Jonathan's government in 2012? What happened to comrade Abba Moro, the former interior minister that sent young Nigerians to their early grave after fleecing each of them of their hard-earned N1000 in the name of immigration recruitment? How do we explain the fact that under Goodluck Jonathan, former governors from all parties took corruption to the zenith with ex-Gov Amaechi telling Nigerians that they steal because we don't stone them? What was his reaction? What happened to the $2.2billion cash for arms deal, and the re-looted Abacha $370million loot? Who gave Olisah Metuh N400 million? Didn't Jonathan agree that some cabals are taking advantage of subsidy (without bringing them to book)? Should we dismiss that also? Should we go on? Did corruption not thrive under Goodluck Jonathan's leadership at all level?
If we agree with the above then why should we fault the Economist when even Jonathan supporters agree that corruption thrived in the last administration even though they are quick to say "Buhari's men are not saints" (which of course is correct).
No Insult Intended...
An ineffectual buffoon is simply someone with odd or ridiculous behaviour that doesn't produce desired effect or doesn't meet expectation
If we are to be fair, we won't call the ineffectual buffoon tag an insult on Jonathan especially when putting the war against corruption into context like the Economist did. That he carries a humble demeanour or conceded defeat does not erode the fact that he was ineffective in tackling corruption, though his concession of defeat is worth commendation. The truth must be said. In fact, many, even among those that claim to be his supporters and those from his Ijaw ethnic group have at one time or the other tagged the former president clueless. I sympathise with Jonathan but this is a cross that he should be prepare to bear.
Let me also state that former president Goodluck Jonathan is not the only person nor the first to be tagged a buffoon. When British MP Sir Keir Starmer said “that(Donald Trump's behaviour) is not buffoonery, that is absolutely repugnant”, Americans didn't spit fire, neither did Republicans spat fire when British MP Tom Tugendhat called Trump an insane.
Goodluck Jonathan's sympathisers and foot solders should understand that the former president belongs to the past just like his predecessors in office. His deeds and misdeeds as President Jonathan(not Mr. Jonathan) will always be talked about just like we keep talking about those of Shehu Shagari, Sani Abacha, Gen IBB, Maj Gen Buhari, Chief Obasanjo, late Yar'adua etc. Whether for good or for bad, he/they are being remembered by what they have done and what they failed to do- President Muhammadu Buhari won't be an exception when he leaves power.
This is senseless at best.

You typed all these jargon just to support a foreign media outlet who called your immediate past GCFR and CinC of the Armed Forces a "buffon" or to spite his supporters? What is your aim with this buffoonery thread of yours? Look at the silly example you gave about GEJ not being the first to be called a buffoon, is Donald Trump a former president of America? In your bid to showcase your ITK you ended up in self embarrassment. Maybe you are thinking Economist might just publish your thread, who knows?

Wisdom is like Glo network services to some people, that's the issue with you right now. It, most of the time, is not stable.

18 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Pdp 2019 by Firefire(m): 7:38am On Jan 29, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:

No Insult Intended...

Am quoting all for reference.

Barcanista, what is the meaning of this

I can tolerate every other abuse but not an abuse against the position of a President of a sovereign state like Nigeria, more so a Hero of democracy. (We are setting another precedence like the former opposition party, APC)

This your thread is ridiculous and your justification in support of 'the Economist' is rather unfortunate.

Why I respect your view(s), I don't expect such a thread from you, my friend.

I am highly disappointed. angry

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Pdp 2019 by SenJoe(m): 7:38am On Jan 29, 2016
Arrant nonsense.

1 Like

Re: Pdp 2019 by modath(f): 7:38am On Jan 29, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:

I won't say nothing about this, we have your opinions about this same "buffoon" a few months ago in the public domain... wink

3 Likes

Re: Pdp 2019 by joseph1832(m): 7:38am On Jan 29, 2016
modath:

Not at all, We know the deal & everyone here knows i have no love for El No Clue, i have been singing same song since 2011 (agabaI23 is my witness ) , that he is a wolf in sheep clothing, he is an associate of Satan

He sows discord & feigns concern when it suits him..

Let's take OP as he is, no one is perfect.. wink

Good AM..
To take the OP as he is means I've decided to support political prostitution and all manner of tribal, religious and ethnic sentiment, and that's something I'll never do, never!.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Now There Is Adequate Power Supply In Nigeria And Nobody Is Talking? / Foreign Debt: Let Borrowing Binge Stop - Punch / Faces Of APC Governors After Supreme Court Adjourned Naira Suit Sitting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 107
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.