Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,987 members, 7,828,487 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 10:31 AM

Long Distance Travel: What Do You Eat Or Drink Before You Travel? - Travel (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Long Distance Travel: What Do You Eat Or Drink Before You Travel? (21150 Views)

With 16500 Security Agents Will Allow You Travel From Lagos To Abuja Despite Ban / When Last Did You Travel To The Village? / Before You Travel To Canada: The Dangers Therein (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Long Distance Travel: What Do You Eat Or Drink Before You Travel? by AllDModsAreMaad: 4:47pm On Sep 24, 2023
grandstar:

Yes, thank God for life.

Though I was posted to Bauchi, when going the first time, I took a luxurious bus to Kano.

When I got to Kano,I now learnt I had taken the wrong bus,that i should have taken Jos instead. Then take a bus to Bauchi an hour away.

However, at Kano, I could take a bus from Kano directly to Bauchi. At the bus park, there was a big bus going to Bauchi but it would take forever to be full.

There was a rickety small bus that was fast filling. I sat in front. I was only one allowed to sit in the front with the bus driver (I was to discover why later)

As we were going, (the bus wasn't fast), the bus kept stopping every 30 -45 minutes. The radiator would have started overheating and he would remove the seat beside me and pour watering the radiators below the seat. I had to come down any time he did this.

As if this was not bad enough, my doir window was not working, so I was blasted by the sun. I was feeling hot and dehydrated.

I was now hoping to find sellers of pure water or bottle water along the road but there as none. I was becoming frustrated until I came across sugar cane. I bought some and started biting away at it. The juice in it satisfied my thirst. I now understood why Hausas liked sugarcane [I might also be wrong grin]

Your story resonated with me that's why I chose to share mine

Thank God for life, men don pass through a lot of things sha.

There roads are quite different from that of southern roads, a car can run kilometers without seeing a single building/human walking by but just forest.

Happy Sunday bros!

1 Like

Re: Long Distance Travel: What Do You Eat Or Drink Before You Travel? by fapcrook(m): 4:48pm On Sep 24, 2023
Only bread and butter with plenty water
Re: Long Distance Travel: What Do You Eat Or Drink Before You Travel? by Sacrosanct12(m): 4:51pm On Sep 24, 2023
ottersberger:

You're endangering your health. Your kidneys may pay a price if your routine does not change. The least will be bladder and urinary tract infections.
alright, I will heed you guys advise. But I hardly even get pressed until I reach the house gate. Unless I will start doing it at a stipulated time.
Re: Long Distance Travel: What Do You Eat Or Drink Before You Travel? by Nobody: 4:52pm On Sep 24, 2023
But why?🀣🀣🀣
merits:

9ja no be SA ooo, that you will stop at garage to use their restroom 🚻🚺.Ours here is stopping by bush and enter grass to ease yourself.
Re: Long Distance Travel: What Do You Eat Or Drink Before You Travel? by Silentgroper(m): 4:52pm On Sep 24, 2023
Samantha124:
So you want to be holding your fellow man's balls again?πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

hell no ... that's a different kind of scan ...

the pelvis is just below the stomach so I wouldnt be seeing his balls

πŸ˜‹πŸ˜‹πŸ˜‹πŸ˜‹πŸ˜‹
Re: Long Distance Travel: What Do You Eat Or Drink Before You Travel? by Xkale1996(m): 4:54pm On Sep 24, 2023
Sacrosanct12:
the amount of water I take a day fit reach you 2days. Unless I'm extremely pressed. After each meal I dey drink 3 sachet water. Nah bro my kidney are in perfect shape.
no dey make mouth

make kidney failure or disease no catch u
Kidney stone is better

Water dey help
Keep drinking o
Re: Long Distance Travel: What Do You Eat Or Drink Before You Travel? by saveman91(m): 4:54pm On Sep 24, 2023
merits:

Energy drink is not too good for consumption it as a serious side effects.
Only if your temperature is not high, i normally took it when travalling
Re: Long Distance Travel: What Do You Eat Or Drink Before You Travel? by Silentgroper(m): 4:55pm On Sep 24, 2023
Chasito:
I can't forget the day in December 2019 that strong shit hold me for bus , when I was traveling from Yola to Onitsha, I chop beans and plantain, Come buy orange, Suya , biscuits, Sugar cane, kuli kuli and Chin chin, then still flush am down with chilled kunu grin grin, na so other passengers dey look me with one kind of eyes, because I no invite any of them to join me, it didn't take long before I began to feel pressed I begged driver to stop but, the werey no gree , he kept firing speed, na one old man wey put mouth
and talk to the driver before he stopped, if you see the way I take rush down begin shit for express road, behind the bus, some women turned back to look my nyansh, but I no even send anybody. grin

lol ..

beans.
orange
kulikuli
Surya

Those are shiit loads of laxatives

😁😁😁😁
Re: Long Distance Travel: What Do You Eat Or Drink Before You Travel? by Silentgroper(m): 4:58pm On Sep 24, 2023
Sacrosanct12:
alright, I will heed you guys advise. But I hardly even get pressed until I reach the house gate. Unless I will start doing it at a stipulated time.
could be psychological...

it's sounds like me finding hard to close my eyes and sleep when I'm in a new place
Re: Long Distance Travel: What Do You Eat Or Drink Before You Travel? by Nobody: 4:58pm On Sep 24, 2023
But what's wrong with seeing your fellow man's balls?🀣🀣🀣

I mean we ladies can walk around the same room naked and not be bothered about it.
Silentgroper:

hell no ... that's a different kind of scan ...

the pelvis is just below the stomach so I wouldnt be seeing his balls

πŸ˜‹πŸ˜‹πŸ˜‹πŸ˜‹πŸ˜‹
Re: Long Distance Travel: What Do You Eat Or Drink Before You Travel? by Camberlo(m): 5:02pm On Sep 24, 2023
I ask my wife to prepare semovita with good soup early and eat.

During the journey, I buy banana and groundnut with water.

That is all
Re: Long Distance Travel: What Do You Eat Or Drink Before You Travel? by Silentgroper(m): 5:06pm On Sep 24, 2023
Samantha124:
But what's wrong with seeing your fellow man's balls?🀣🀣🀣

I mean we ladies can walk around the same room naked and not be bothered about it.
I'm halfway homophobic ..

It feels weird...

It's always different for you ladies ... Since it's a known fact that females are partially lesbians ..

you females can handle each other boobs and still giggle about it ..

But let a man grab another man's dick and it's gonna get bloody..

😁😁😁😁

1 Like

Re: Long Distance Travel: What Do You Eat Or Drink Before You Travel? by Love800(m): 5:09pm On Sep 24, 2023
Ok.
Hw is sch fee being paid sef.
Is it by session or per semester?

Abeg na my last question be dis.

Tankz so much
jmoore:

Not a must, but it helps.

I typed my project by myself because I have a laptop. Some textbooks may not be available in hard copy and you will have to download them. Better to read from a laptop that has bigger screen compared to reading from phone.
Re: Long Distance Travel: What Do You Eat Or Drink Before You Travel? by Solofresh2: 5:10pm On Sep 24, 2023
Samantha124:
Motion sickness also doesn't usually start before the journey, it's only on a few occasions that it would happen before traveling.
oh maybe it is
Re: Long Distance Travel: What Do You Eat Or Drink Before You Travel? by Nobody: 5:13pm On Sep 24, 2023
I also have motion/car sickness, especially during those long distance journeys.
Solofresh2:
oh maybe it is
Re: Long Distance Travel: What Do You Eat Or Drink Before You Travel? by Nobody: 5:14pm On Sep 24, 2023
This got me laughing...🀣🀣🀣
Silentgroper:
I'm halfway homophobic ..

It feels weird...

It's always different for you ladies ... Since it's a known fact that females are partially lesbians ..

you females can handle each other boobs and still giggle about it ..

But let a man grab another man's dick and it's gonna get bloody..

😁😁😁😁
Re: Long Distance Travel: What Do You Eat Or Drink Before You Travel? by ComeToJesus: 5:19pm On Sep 24, 2023
Two tablets of flagyll.
Re: Long Distance Travel: What Do You Eat Or Drink Before You Travel? by lomprico(m): 5:24pm On Sep 24, 2023
LUAN:
Before you embark on a Long journey travel, what do you eat or not eat so that you won't urinate or defecate before you get to your destination.

Hot coffee
Re: Long Distance Travel: What Do You Eat Or Drink Before You Travel? by Nonywendy(m): 5:32pm On Sep 24, 2023
Samantha124:
I don't eat or drink anything... I go on fasting until I reach my destination.

But if ever there's a need for you to use the restroom while on the road and you're not the one driving, you can ask the driver to stop by the nearest petrol station or those fast food restaurants along the road and you'll use the restroom there.
Aje, why not use the bush and be safe than contracting Yama Yama
Re: Long Distance Travel: What Do You Eat Or Drink Before You Travel? by Nonywendy(m): 5:34pm On Sep 24, 2023
Nonexisting1:
I can now understand why many simps here including married ones have crush on you. You are mature, cool headed and respectful even when intentionally provoked. You have good attitude, keep it up.
Hope u r not trying to simp around her?
Re: Long Distance Travel: What Do You Eat Or Drink Before You Travel? by Silentgroper(m): 5:38pm On Sep 24, 2023
Samantha124:
This got me laughing...🀣🀣🀣

that's just the way it is
Re: Long Distance Travel: What Do You Eat Or Drink Before You Travel? by Nonywendy(m): 5:38pm On Sep 24, 2023
I eat before embarking on long journey cos if I don't eat I will feel very uncomfortable, the smell of fuel will even make me go throw up wen I HV empty stomach. So as the bus dey buy full tank fuel, I dey fill my belle full tank. If sleep come I sleep jejely

To be safe, a night before you travel, just swallow a tablet of diaflush or any loperamide drug and ur stomach is sealed from misbehaving
Re: Long Distance Travel: What Do You Eat Or Drink Before You Travel? by 360command: 5:40pm On Sep 24, 2023
Samantha124:
I don't eat or drink anything... I go on fasting until I reach my destination.

But if ever there's a need for you to use the restroom while on the road and you're not the one driving, you can ask the driver to stop by the nearest petrol station or those fast food restaurants along the road and you'll use the restroom there.
You will have serious bad breath.
Re: Long Distance Travel: What Do You Eat Or Drink Before You Travel? by merits(m): 6:05pm On Sep 24, 2023
Samantha124:
But why?🀣🀣🀣

I can't explain that's how I met it.Until I begin to traveling out of country, and see things in different ways.
Re: Long Distance Travel: What Do You Eat Or Drink Before You Travel? by Oshin56(m): 6:08pm On Sep 24, 2023
Yuneehk:
Times when I'll travel from Lagos to the east, or Lagos to South South, I don't eat from home. When the driver stops for people to relieve themselves and eat, I buy stuff like water, chips, apple and suya. When I'm like three hours close to my destination, then I'll eat something. I also have bitter kola.

Can't afford to be pressed while traveling biko. It's not a good feeling as you'll be uncomfortable.
pls what's the usefulness of bitter kola when traveling?
Re: Long Distance Travel: What Do You Eat Or Drink Before You Travel? by Godsongang: 6:09pm On Sep 24, 2023
grin I drink enough pap
Re: Long Distance Travel: What Do You Eat Or Drink Before You Travel? by Fujiyama: 6:13pm On Sep 24, 2023
Interesting thread.

1 Like

Re: Long Distance Travel: What Do You Eat Or Drink Before You Travel? by Solofresh2: 6:17pm On Sep 24, 2023
Samantha124:
I also have motion/car sickness, especially during those long distance journeys.
I don't know if it is natural or not
Re: Long Distance Travel: What Do You Eat Or Drink Before You Travel? by BarrElChapo(m): 6:23pm On Sep 24, 2023
LUAN:
Before you embark on a Long journey travel, what do you eat or not eat so that you won't urinate or defecate before you get to your destination.

How can you eat, drink and expect not to defecate or urinate ?
Re: Long Distance Travel: What Do You Eat Or Drink Before You Travel? by Nobody: 6:24pm On Sep 24, 2023
I think it's hereditary.
Solofresh2:
I don't know if it is natural or not
Re: Long Distance Travel: What Do You Eat Or Drink Before You Travel? by Pat081: 6:27pm On Sep 24, 2023
And you think the driver will stop Now that no place is save
Zonefree:
Offload everything in your stomach before travelling. If there's need to urinate while on transit, inform the driver.

Don't be shy to ask the driver to stop.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Best Asian Country For A Nigerian To Hustle / How I Was Able To Get My Passport In Ikoyi Despite The Mammoth Crowd / Lagos-Ibadan Road’ll Be Completed In 2021 – Julius Berger

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.