Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,915 members, 7,828,195 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 05:50 AM

Long Distance Travel: What Do You Eat Or Drink Before You Travel? - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Long Distance Travel: What Do You Eat Or Drink Before You Travel? (21148 Views)

With 16500 Security Agents Will Allow You Travel From Lagos To Abuja Despite Ban / When Last Did You Travel To The Village? / Before You Travel To Canada: The Dangers Therein (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Long Distance Travel: What Do You Eat Or Drink Before You Travel? by AImiron: 2:22pm On Sep 24, 2023
AllDModsAreMaad:

Who made the rule?

Dey play!
I did cos it works for me. Body system differs sha, itโ€™s not universal.
Re: Long Distance Travel: What Do You Eat Or Drink Before You Travel? by MrSly(m): 2:30pm On Sep 24, 2023
Sacrosanct12:
the amount of water I take a day fit reach you 2days. Unless I'm extremely pressed. After each meal I dey drink 3 sachet water. Nah bro my kidney are in perfect shape.
Urine retaintion is not a healthy habit no matter the reason behind it. . Kidney or bladder infection can build up with such habit. Please urinate as often as you feel the need.
Re: Long Distance Travel: What Do You Eat Or Drink Before You Travel? by MrSly(m): 2:32pm On Sep 24, 2023
Tallesty1:
This becomes a problem when someone is involved in an accident, rendered unconscious, and then rushed to a hospital where a nurse administers treatment thinking the person has eaten cry cry cry cry cry
Abdominal scan should be conducted first in such case. You don't assume over an unconscious patient.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Long Distance Travel: What Do You Eat Or Drink Before You Travel? by Collysmith: 2:34pm On Sep 24, 2023
Samantha124:
I've never heard a situation whereby someone could not be assisted by the hospital simply because he or she didn't eat anything... And in some hospitals, patients are given treatment as early as 6am before their breakfast.

I've drank pills in an empty stomach before and nothing happened... For example, yesterday I was feeling very sick and I didn't have an appetite... I didn't eat anything for the whole day, but I took my treatment and nothing happened.

I think in this case but of you are right because in nigeria is always a trend to eat before injection or tablet even some doctors and nurses will ask you to be sure, but in critical condition nobody will ask if you have eaten. He is right because in nigeria medical professionals have made us to know that taking medication with empty stomach is not good because of low stamina.
And you are also right because in south africa ๐Ÿ‡ฟ๐Ÿ‡ฆ all the doctors and nurses I have visited none of them had ever asked if I have eaten, after listening to your symptoms they will bring injection or tablet to give you straight away.
A doctor have given me 3 different injection without asking if I have eaten. That very day I was even scared thinking I'm gonna fall!!!!!!!

2 Likes

Re: Long Distance Travel: What Do You Eat Or Drink Before You Travel? by rickleye: 2:34pm On Sep 24, 2023
Tallesty1:
I think and say the outrageous things.

I know that.

But these things happen.

I don't see how a nurse can obtain facts from an unconscious accident victim.

Then she feeds the patient through drips for a while before administering anything else.

In any case most people fast - to reduce bowel movementโ€™s and for religious reasons.
Re: Long Distance Travel: What Do You Eat Or Drink Before You Travel? by Nobody: 2:39pm On Sep 24, 2023
3 different injections all at once Your case must've been very serious..๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚
Collysmith:

I think in this case but of you are right because in nigeria is always a trend to eat before injection or tablet even some doctors and nurses will ask you to be sure, but in critical condition nobody will ask if you have eaten. He is right because in nigeria medical professionals have made us to know that taking medication with empty stomach is not good because of low stamina.
And you are also right because in south africa ๐Ÿ‡ฟ๐Ÿ‡ฆ all the doctors and nurses I have visited none of them had ever asked if I have eaten, after listening to your symptoms they will bring injection or tablet to give you straight away.
A doctor have given me 3 different injection without asking if I have eaten. That very day I was even scared thinking I'm gonna fall!!!!!!!
Re: Long Distance Travel: What Do You Eat Or Drink Before You Travel? by Tallesty1(m): 2:40pm On Sep 24, 2023
Samantha124:
Where did you hear this from?
Was once in a hospital for an injection and was asked if I ate before coming and when I said yes, they asked how long ago and when I told them, they said I should eat again or take soft drink with snacks.
Re: Long Distance Travel: What Do You Eat Or Drink Before You Travel? by Nobody: 2:41pm On Sep 24, 2023
Woow!!! I'm speechless.
Tallesty1:
Was once in a hospital for an injection and was asked if I ate before coming and when I said yes, they asked how long ago and when I told them, they said I should eat again or take soft drink with snacks.
Re: Long Distance Travel: What Do You Eat Or Drink Before You Travel? by Elanqy: 2:41pm On Sep 24, 2023
It depends on the mode of the long distance travel. Air planes and trains have toilets ๐Ÿ˜‚
Re: Long Distance Travel: What Do You Eat Or Drink Before You Travel? by skj1377(m): 2:41pm On Sep 24, 2023
Outside Nigeria can be 12hours.
PussyGalore:
I only travel by air so I don't bother myself too much about what I eat or drink cos the maximum time for any flight within Nigeria is just 90 minutes smiley
Re: Long Distance Travel: What Do You Eat Or Drink Before You Travel? by Tallesty1(m): 2:41pm On Sep 24, 2023
pocohantas:

If someone keeps telling you he is bad and openly calls his own father a simp for loving his mum, you should take the person serious. But I trust my fellow women. The matyrdom is real. They will try to show him they are different. Later we see threads like, "why do women love bad guys?"
grin grin
He wishes he is bad, but he ain't.
Re: Long Distance Travel: What Do You Eat Or Drink Before You Travel? by skj1377(m): 2:43pm On Sep 24, 2023
Best thing is to not eat and don't drink . That way you can enjoy the trip.
Re: Long Distance Travel: What Do You Eat Or Drink Before You Travel? by Loverboi2cute(m): 2:43pm On Sep 24, 2023
Samantha124:
I don't eat or drink anything... I go on fasting until I reach my destination.

But if ever there's a need for you to use the restroom while on the road and you're not the one driving, you can ask the driver to stop by the nearest petrol station or those fast food restaurants along the road and you'll use the restroom there.

most sensible comment... advice noted down... outta d thread.. nexxxxtttt.. life too short
Re: Long Distance Travel: What Do You Eat Or Drink Before You Travel? by Shibow: 2:45pm On Sep 24, 2023
Sticooooooo:

Are you in lagos?

Yes and no

Inbox me on WhatsApp let's talk
Re: Long Distance Travel: What Do You Eat Or Drink Before You Travel? by Tallesty1(m): 2:45pm On Sep 24, 2023
Samantha124:
Woow!!! I'm speechless.
I am surprised that you don't know this. Have always thought it was general knowledge
Re: Long Distance Travel: What Do You Eat Or Drink Before You Travel? by Xandelle: 2:46pm On Sep 24, 2023
Tallesty1:
This becomes a problem when someone is involved in an accident, rendered unconscious, and then rushed to a hospital where a nurse administers treatment thinking the person has eaten cry cry cry cry cry

Well these days sugar test is done first. Except na one of those "hospitals"
Re: Long Distance Travel: What Do You Eat Or Drink Before You Travel? by Yuneehk(f): 2:48pm On Sep 24, 2023
Times when I'll travel from Lagos to the east, or Lagos to South South, I don't eat from home. When the driver stops for people to relieve themselves and eat, I buy stuff like water, chips, apple and suya. When I'm like three hours close to my destination, then I'll eat something. I also have bitter kola.

Can't afford to be pressed while traveling biko. It's not a good feeling as you'll be uncomfortable.
Re: Long Distance Travel: What Do You Eat Or Drink Before You Travel? by Nobody: 2:49pm On Sep 24, 2023
Whenever I get an injection, the doctor doesn't bother asking such questions.

They just inject me and life goes on.
Tallesty1:
I am surprised that you don't know this. Have always thought it was general knowledge
Re: Long Distance Travel: What Do You Eat Or Drink Before You Travel? by jubrilELsudan: 2:50pm On Sep 24, 2023
KUKUNASE

Re: Long Distance Travel: What Do You Eat Or Drink Before You Travel? by Tallesty1(m): 2:50pm On Sep 24, 2023
Xandelle:

Well these days sugar test is done first. Except na one of those "hospitals"
Thanks man.

My mind didn't go there at all.
Re: Long Distance Travel: What Do You Eat Or Drink Before You Travel? by Illegal1(m): 2:51pm On Sep 24, 2023
HopeRisingmatte:

Lol. Omoh mi, your monica says it all, Ilegal1, you na illegal fellow. Codeine Man, twale Baba Illegal

omoh........my guy,no reason the name ooh,illegal nah cool/quite guy
Re: Long Distance Travel: What Do You Eat Or Drink Before You Travel? by Machinegun91(m): 2:51pm On Sep 24, 2023
I take no nonsense like cashew nuts
Re: Long Distance Travel: What Do You Eat Or Drink Before You Travel? by Tallesty1(m): 2:53pm On Sep 24, 2023
Samantha124:
Whenever I get an injection, the doctor doesn't bother asking such questions.

They just inject me and life goes on.
Well, they know better
Re: Long Distance Travel: What Do You Eat Or Drink Before You Travel? by ruggedtimi(m): 2:54pm On Sep 24, 2023
After i had to poo on a hip of dustin at seme border... i rather travel hungry than eat...
Re: Long Distance Travel: What Do You Eat Or Drink Before You Travel? by Love800(m): 2:54pm On Sep 24, 2023
U graduated from noun?
jmoore:
I don't eat until I get to my destination.

But when I travelled from Aba to Abuja in 2019 to collect my certificate at headquarters of National Open University of Nigeria, Chisco Transport offered me a free meal which I ate few minutes before the journey started.
Re: Long Distance Travel: What Do You Eat Or Drink Before You Travel? by Everfrank(m): 2:57pm On Sep 24, 2023
I don't eat any cooked food or pure water. I eat cashew nut, groundnut, gala, corn or fruits. I buy original Eva water or any reliable water.
Re: Long Distance Travel: What Do You Eat Or Drink Before You Travel? by jmoore(m): 2:57pm On Sep 24, 2023
Love800:
U graduated from noun?
Yes, I did.
Re: Long Distance Travel: What Do You Eat Or Drink Before You Travel? by LockDown69(m): 3:00pm On Sep 24, 2023
Eat dates and yogurt
Re: Long Distance Travel: What Do You Eat Or Drink Before You Travel? by mcdokwe(m): 3:03pm On Sep 24, 2023
Samantha124:
I've never heard a situation whereby someone could not be assisted by the hospital simply because he or she didn't eat anything... And in some hospitals, patients are given treatment as early as 6am before their breakfast.

I've drank pills in an empty stomach before and nothing happened... For example, yesterday I was feeling very sick and I didn't have an appetite... I didn't eat anything for the whole day, but I took my treatment and nothing happened.

If I am dying and I am not able to eat, unless it is drip, don't try to save me with drugs or injections biko until I am able to eat.
Re: Long Distance Travel: What Do You Eat Or Drink Before You Travel? by Adewale1603(m): 3:04pm On Sep 24, 2023
I don't bother myself, I will surely eat some little food and little water very early in the morning and take 2 flagly tablet, before embarking on any longer distance journey. That tablet can take me for 2 days before I will feel the need to go to the toilet. That has always been saving me.
Re: Long Distance Travel: What Do You Eat Or Drink Before You Travel? by jamesversion: 3:05pm On Sep 24, 2023
Samantha124:
I don't eat or drink anything... I go on fasting until I reach my destination.

But if ever there's a need for you to use the restroom while on the road and you're not the one driving, you can ask the driver to stop by the nearest petrol station or those fast food restaurants along the road and you'll use the restroom there.

Una sure say this girl no be Nigerian?? grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Best Asian Country For A Nigerian To Hustle / How I Was Able To Get My Passport In Ikoyi Despite The Mammoth Crowd / Lagos-Ibadan Roadโ€™ll Be Completed In 2021 โ€“ Julius Berger

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.