Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,492 members, 7,819,803 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:50 PM

When A 70 Years Old Man Behaves Foolishly, How Do You Handle It? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / When A 70 Years Old Man Behaves Foolishly, How Do You Handle It? (14747 Views)

My 5 yr old Cousin Behaves like Ancestor / A 70-year-old Man Is Madly In Love And Obsessed With Me. / US Woman Reunites With Daughter 70 Years After She Was Told She Died In Labour (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: When A 70 Years Old Man Behaves Foolishly, How Do You Handle It? by Belial06: 1:48pm On Sep 25, 2023
In the southwest they use machetes to behaved heri elders ,why not try that?
Re: When A 70 Years Old Man Behaves Foolishly, How Do You Handle It? by scholes23(m): 1:48pm On Sep 25, 2023
Talell are make e frog jump
Re: When A 70 Years Old Man Behaves Foolishly, How Do You Handle It? by scholes23(m): 1:49pm On Sep 25, 2023
Belial06:
N
NEPA
Re: When A 70 Years Old Man Behaves Foolishly, How Do You Handle It? by Hotfreezing: 1:49pm On Sep 25, 2023
Stop talking to Ohaneze members through the corner.

Come out straight and say your mind, let curses enter your head.

1 Like

Re: When A 70 Years Old Man Behaves Foolishly, How Do You Handle It? by Belial06: 1:49pm On Sep 25, 2023
scholes23:

NEPA

GEPA
Re: When A 70 Years Old Man Behaves Foolishly, How Do You Handle It? by damble: 1:51pm On Sep 25, 2023
Coming125:
When a 70 yrs old man behaves very foolishly, someone old enough to be your father, what do you do? How do you handle it as an adult? You as an adult of say 35-47yrs. Some 70, 75 yrs old men and women behave very foolishly, very irresponsible, very cunning, very dishonest, very deceitful, trying to cheat you, to manipulate you, trying to use their old age to manipulate you or to intimidate you, etc.

The level of crime and immorality in our society is too much. Even old men are not spared anymore. If I
continue to write I will spend the whole day writing. Let me just stop here.

What do you think?

It is so pathetic my brother.... The society sees you that is faithful as a fool.

2 Likes

Re: When A 70 Years Old Man Behaves Foolishly, How Do You Handle It? by FireUpNow(m): 1:52pm On Sep 25, 2023
Still respect the 70 year old especially if the person in question is your parent or grandparent. Old age comes with its own challenges.
Re: When A 70 Years Old Man Behaves Foolishly, How Do You Handle It? by Quality20(m): 1:53pm On Sep 25, 2023
Na patience u go take na, abi u wan beat am ne?
Re: When A 70 Years Old Man Behaves Foolishly, How Do You Handle It? by sonofsteven: 1:53pm On Sep 25, 2023
Bliss24:
cool

The phrase "a fool at 40 is a fool forever" was coined because of some old people

Whatever attitude you master from 18 to 39 becomes who you are for life

See lies

Aged people tend to sometimes behave childish, it's common even you sef go dey reason like child when e reach

A fool at 40 is a fool forever to me it's saying, what wisdom you can't get when you were young, is it when you start aging you will acquire it? Because men get maturity from 30s to 40s but you see from 60s downwards, they tend to act in a way you start questioning yourself if they are the one and from 70s down to 90s, forget am

90s downwards na to dey over pamper them

1 Like

Re: When A 70 Years Old Man Behaves Foolishly, How Do You Handle It? by Franzinni: 1:54pm On Sep 25, 2023
Bliss24:
cool

The phrase "a fool at 40 is a fool forever" was coined because of some old people

false ... Have you heard of Neuro plasticity??
Re: When A 70 Years Old Man Behaves Foolishly, How Do You Handle It? by qtx(m): 1:54pm On Sep 25, 2023
Coming125:
When a 70 yrs old man behaves very foolishly, someone old enough to be your father, what do you do? How do you handle it as an adult? You as an adult of say 35-47yrs. Some 70, 75 yrs old men and women behave very foolishly, very irresponsible, very cunning, very dishonest, very deceitful, trying to cheat you, to manipulate you, trying to use their old age to manipulate you or to intimidate you, etc.

The level of crime and immorality in our society is too much. Even old men are not spared anymore. If I continue to write I will spend the whole day writing. Let me just stop here.

What do you think?

Respectfully and politely rebuke them. Show maturity in doing that also.

1 Like

Re: When A 70 Years Old Man Behaves Foolishly, How Do You Handle It? by Saao(m): 1:55pm On Sep 25, 2023
Coming125:

The level of crime and immorality in our society is too much. Even old men are not spared anymore. If I continue to write I will spend the whole day writing. Let me just stop here.

What do you think?

It is an irresponsible, dishonest, deceitful etc young men and women that grow old so don't be surprise so treat them as you treat such character either old or young. Immorality has no age limit.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: When A 70 Years Old Man Behaves Foolishly, How Do You Handle It? by Dancebreaker: 1:56pm On Sep 25, 2023
Coming125:

What do you think?
Are you for real? shocked shocked shocked

That generation/age group was never ever good for anything. Not any better than anyone 18 to 50 today. Only a miniscule number of them were ever responsible. The result is the messed up country we have today.

They messed up 9ja with corruption, yanshing their students, embezzling public funds. girlfriends all over town, you name any possible idiocy out there.

You were just fooling yourself to expect anything else.
Our culture of respecting age was based on old people being traditionally upright, honest and building society. Now most oldies hide under the toga of age to foment rubbish.

Our challenge today is this: How do we the younger generations not end up being another idiotic bunch of goons like the bolded?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: When A 70 Years Old Man Behaves Foolishly, How Do You Handle It? by Sleekfingers: 1:56pm On Sep 25, 2023
Fool for 40, na fool forever....

Fool na fool, no matter the age.

2 Likes

Re: When A 70 Years Old Man Behaves Foolishly, How Do You Handle It? by Edmundbill(m): 1:56pm On Sep 25, 2023
Honestly,these days some of the so called old and matured men and women act very immature,wicked and cunning and in most cases I give u three chances,first I try to explain to u respectively,secondly I try to plead with u to see reasons with me and also let u know that I know all that u are trying to do then thirdly I will talk to an older person or same age with u to advice u.but if after all these u keep doing what u are doing then I will come at u with full force and at that point I don’t care ur age,title or whatever gave u the gray hair.I go clear ur doubts……..thanks respectively 🙃
Re: When A 70 Years Old Man Behaves Foolishly, How Do You Handle It? by dododawa1: 1:59pm On Sep 25, 2023
You question should be
How did NIGERIAN HANDLE
Charley BOY OPUTA
Re: When A 70 Years Old Man Behaves Foolishly, How Do You Handle It? by Originalsly: 2:01pm On Sep 25, 2023
I'm not even understanding the point of this post. If it is about how to handle an elder committing crimes or immoral acts then you treat him like any other adult person. Isn't he an adult? ... only children are treated differently because of immaturity. But.... with elders one has to consider their mental health ... dementia in particular. If not ... if what he is doing is criminal ... what would you do if he were 35?... do the same.

1 Like

Re: When A 70 Years Old Man Behaves Foolishly, How Do You Handle It? by Lance008(m): 2:02pm On Sep 25, 2023
Only way is court case or u lose everything because of age or family
Bro Na court case now we no more in a stone era
Report to nearest police station
Re: When A 70 Years Old Man Behaves Foolishly, How Do You Handle It? by Probz(m): 2:03pm On Sep 25, 2023
Bliss24:
cool

You have a point.
Re: When A 70 Years Old Man Behaves Foolishly, How Do You Handle It? by Octopusssy(f): 2:03pm On Sep 25, 2023
You don't learn to be dishonest and cunning at old age. If an elderly person is acting this way, it means they have always been like that from their youth.

1 Like

Re: When A 70 Years Old Man Behaves Foolishly, How Do You Handle It? by PROPEACE: 2:03pm On Sep 25, 2023
Coming125:

What do you think?

Well, you can start with "With all due respect sir/mir...." then you just say your mind. Mind you, you can be as raw and as vulgar as you choose to, your introductory sentence will vindicate you.

1 Like

Re: When A 70 Years Old Man Behaves Foolishly, How Do You Handle It? by LeeSmart: 2:04pm On Sep 25, 2023
Kobojunkie:
You want him to turn teacher to a man older than himself and supposed to be less ignorant than he is? Na reason why dem go dey use age as excuse to dupe una left and right. undecided
I think u're right here junkie. Na the reason our leaders dem the use that old age mentality 2 the blackmail us make we de vote 4 dem.

1 Like

Re: When A 70 Years Old Man Behaves Foolishly, How Do You Handle It? by Elidrisy20: 2:05pm On Sep 25, 2023
Report him to the appropriate authority, Elders council
Re: When A 70 Years Old Man Behaves Foolishly, How Do You Handle It? by InvertedHammer: 2:07pm On Sep 25, 2023
Coming125:

What do you think?

/

Not by age.

The 30-years old slowpoke you know today will be a 70-yrs old idiot in forty years.

/

1 Like

Re: When A 70 Years Old Man Behaves Foolishly, How Do You Handle It? by waice6571: 2:09pm On Sep 25, 2023
I don't react to age, I only react to situations at hand....! Adult na adult. Age is just a number and not synonymous to wisdom. Wisdom doesn't come with old age.

1 Like

Re: When A 70 Years Old Man Behaves Foolishly, How Do You Handle It? by yinkeys(m): 2:09pm On Sep 25, 2023
Herkim:
Sincerely , you need to address the issue with emotional intelligence, so that the old man can realized his mistakes.

You can also report him to the elderly ones in your community to talk him.

Please note do not disrespect him.

Thank you
A lot of 70 year olds are stuck in their ways and won’t listen to you unless you do something drastic or different from the norm
There are old fools with obsolete ideas and way of doing things that won’t take to polite correction.
A lot of flaws in our culture that’s why incompetent unhealthy people rule today
Re: When A 70 Years Old Man Behaves Foolishly, How Do You Handle It? by Leggodeals(f): 2:11pm On Sep 25, 2023
You pray for wisdom to handle them. Don't act rashly or angrily. Wisdom should guide you to the root of their behavior and how to handle it. You can also get a job if you don't have one to support them the best way you can. I post genuine jobs here regularly https:///184037139835240/ Avoid paying anyone for a job. All my jobs are free
Re: When A 70 Years Old Man Behaves Foolishly, How Do You Handle It? by GboyegaD(m): 2:13pm On Sep 25, 2023
It is difficult to give a blanket answer. The situation will determine my action.
Re: When A 70 Years Old Man Behaves Foolishly, How Do You Handle It? by Myer(m): 2:17pm On Sep 25, 2023
Herkim:
Sincerely , you need to address the issue with emotional intelligence, so that the old man can realized his mistakes.

You can also report him to the elderly ones in your community to talk him.

Please note do not disrespect him.

Thank you
Respect is reciprocal.
If he has dishonored his old age then he is no longer deserving of honor.

However for conscience sake and due to our tradition, handle with care lest people find you dishonorable.
As one of the comments rightly advised, see if you can get another elder to talk to him and caution him.

If it is a matter than involves escalation officially, religiously or to police station, you can also do the needful.
Old age is an immunity badge only for those who respect their old age and respect others.
Re: When A 70 Years Old Man Behaves Foolishly, How Do You Handle It? by Gboom: 2:22pm On Sep 25, 2023
Coming125:

What do you think?
When elderly person is behaving cunning, dishonest and irresponsible that means it is inherent in him and he cannot change till eternity.
My advice to you is don't confront him so that society will not see you as disrespectful but report him to an elder like him who can confront him or report him to police authority if the elders cannot solve the problem.

Please, disregard any advice that will lead you to be shouting at anyone old enough to be your father or insult them

Re: When A 70 Years Old Man Behaves Foolishly, How Do You Handle It? by Kaiser20: 2:22pm On Sep 25, 2023
Coming125:

What do you think?

Op. After all, Tinubu did worse things to Nigerians and we did not kill him, we prayed for him.
So pray for the old Manand move.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Which Do I Choose; Marriage Or Job? / "Churches Should Add "Let Me Die The Day I Cheat On You" To Marriage Vow" / What Is A Living Wage For A Family Of 4 In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.