Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,591 members, 7,812,926 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:46 PM

What Is A Living Wage For A Family Of 4 In Lagos - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Is A Living Wage For A Family Of 4 In Lagos (14722 Views)

My Daughter Of 4+ Years Would Not Allow Me And Wife Have Sex At Night / 29-Year-Old Mother Of 4 Dies After Abortion, Impregnated By 25-Year-Old Boyfrien / Wedding Of 42-Year-Old Folasade Dairo, A Nigerian Mother Of 4 In USA (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is A Living Wage For A Family Of 4 In Lagos by myforty68: 9:17am On May 01, 2023
Hi guys
any one with an idea of a living wage for a family of 4 in lagos
I will appreciate a break down
I need to submit a position paper ASAP
Cheers

1 Like

Re: What Is A Living Wage For A Family Of 4 In Lagos by Oluromantic: 4:41pm On May 01, 2023

23 Likes

Re: What Is A Living Wage For A Family Of 4 In Lagos by Puss360(f): 7:52pm On May 01, 2023
Lols... It depends... Lagos is a very diverse neighborhood... There are locations that can accommodate the very wealthy, and also location that can accommodate the average, and likewise the poor....
But to be economically "Okay", in Nigerian standard, a family of 4, kids inclusive then the minimum is 200k monthly, provided by either one or both parents.....
And you will live in the very remote area and be hustling everyday....

Then there's no maximum, for as your income increases, your demands increases and your location changes....

56 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Is A Living Wage For A Family Of 4 In Lagos by seanwilliam(m): 2:51pm On May 02, 2023

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is A Living Wage For A Family Of 4 In Lagos by Nobody: 2:51pm On May 02, 2023
Too many Insane people living in Lagos. Very disgusting Place.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is A Living Wage For A Family Of 4 In Lagos by MANNABBQGRILLS: 2:51pm On May 02, 2023
Question : How much money do you need to live comfortably in Lagos Nigeria?

Answer : is recommended to budget for at least NGN 200,000 to NGN 500,000 per month to ensure a comfortable lifestyle in Nigeria. It's important to keep in mind that the cost of living in Nigeria can be unpredictable and may fluctuate based on factors such as inflation and currency exchange rates.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is A Living Wage For A Family Of 4 In Lagos by callmevirus(m): 2:51pm On May 02, 2023
Re: What Is A Living Wage For A Family Of 4 In Lagos by ATEAMS: 2:51pm On May 02, 2023
Face your work o
Re: What Is A Living Wage For A Family Of 4 In Lagos by MANNABBQGRILLS: 2:52pm On May 02, 2023
Puss360:
Lols... It depends... Lagos is a very diverse neighborhood... There are locations that can accommodate the very wealthy, and also location that can accommodate the average, and likewise the poor....
But to be economically "Okay", in Nigerian standard, a family of 4, kids inclusive then the minimum is 200k monthly, provided by either one or both parents.....

Then there's no maximum, for as your income increases, your demands increases and your location changes....
@the bolded,
End of thread!

We Rise.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is A Living Wage For A Family Of 4 In Lagos by BCISLTD: 2:52pm On May 02, 2023
angry I'm assuming you mean 2 kids and 2 parents...because anyone who gives birth to 4 kids in this economy is seriously on their own ooo.

Got some high end phones going for cheap..check my bio

5 Likes

Re: What Is A Living Wage For A Family Of 4 In Lagos by Chillext(m): 2:52pm On May 02, 2023
250k Average

1 Like

Re: What Is A Living Wage For A Family Of 4 In Lagos by polite2(m): 2:52pm On May 02, 2023
My brother family of 4 depend... Some family of 4 will need more money than de other. ...the background matters .

Some can survive with garri and kwulikwuli. While others na bread and butter

5 Likes

Re: What Is A Living Wage For A Family Of 4 In Lagos by maryalloy(f): 2:53pm On May 02, 2023
Learning grin
Re: What Is A Living Wage For A Family Of 4 In Lagos by dalass(f): 2:53pm On May 02, 2023
Hmmmm. To be honest, it depends on a lot of factors grin
Re: What Is A Living Wage For A Family Of 4 In Lagos by GloriousGbola: 2:54pm On May 02, 2023
Monthly operational expense x 12
Annual rent
Total school fees
Enjoyment / relax money
Annual Health costs
Annual Emergencies
Transport
Maintenance costs

Add all and divide by 12

2 Likes

Re: What Is A Living Wage For A Family Of 4 In Lagos by adioolayi(m): 2:54pm On May 02, 2023
Nigeria

Na eat as e come....live as e appear... economic principles no dey work here

grin cheesy grin cheesy

5 Likes

Re: What Is A Living Wage For A Family Of 4 In Lagos by R0LL0N(m): 2:54pm On May 02, 2023
Great quest

1 Like

Re: What Is A Living Wage For A Family Of 4 In Lagos by polite2(m): 2:57pm On May 02, 2023
GloriousGbola:
Annual rent
Total school fees
Enjoyment / relax money
Annual Health costs
Annual Emergencies
Transport
Maintenance costs

Add all and divide by 12

You very much on point bro. It depends on the kind of family of 4

Re: What Is A Living Wage For A Family Of 4 In Lagos by iFESTAC680(m): 2:57pm On May 02, 2023
Some earn 50k both man and wife

450k isn't bad for a minimum.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is A Living Wage For A Family Of 4 In Lagos by adioolayi(m): 2:58pm On May 02, 2023
Mediaproteam11:

Where do you think average Lagosian works

Which job will give an average income of #400k in Lagos

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Is A Living Wage For A Family Of 4 In Lagos by Mopolchi: 2:59pm On May 02, 2023
Lagos is a costly place to live in

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is A Living Wage For A Family Of 4 In Lagos by polite2(m): 3:00pm On May 02, 2023
GloriousGbola:
Annual rent
Total school fees
Enjoyment / relax money
Annual Health costs
Annual Emergencies
Transport
Maintenance costs

You very much on point bro. It depends on the kind of family of 4

Re: What Is A Living Wage For A Family Of 4 In Lagos by bmd10mix: 3:00pm On May 02, 2023
Those saying 100k upward no even get 10k for their account

6 Likes

Re: What Is A Living Wage For A Family Of 4 In Lagos by Britishpea: 3:05pm On May 02, 2023
Chillext:
250k Average

Lol Na when den go buy decent car and build a house nah?
Re: What Is A Living Wage For A Family Of 4 In Lagos by Elvis2kay: 3:09pm On May 02, 2023
[quote author=Evolutionlove post=122884389]Too many Insane people living in Lagos. Very disgusting Place.[/quote
Poor man wet dey live probably Igando
Re: What Is A Living Wage For A Family Of 4 In Lagos by Jostoman: 3:22pm On May 02, 2023
Puss360:

who is paying the 200,000 in lagos

1 Like

Re: What Is A Living Wage For A Family Of 4 In Lagos by richmond500: 3:27pm On May 02, 2023
post=122884390:
Question : How much money do you need to live comfortably in Lagos Nigeria?

Answer : is recommended to budget for at least NGN 200,000 to NGN 500,000 per month to ensure a comfortable lifestyle in Nigeria. It's important to keep in mind that the cost of living in Nigeria can be unpredictable and may fluctuate based on factors such as inflation and currency exchange rates.
200k for a comfortable lifestyle?
Oga there is no part of Nigeria that 200k can get you a comfortable lifestyle for a family of 4.
Maybe you need to check what comfort mean again. We don too suffer for this country, we no understand wetin comfort mean again.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is A Living Wage For A Family Of 4 In Lagos by Dancebreaker: 3:41pm On May 02, 2023
richmond500:
200k for a comfortable lifestyle?
Oga there is no part of Nigeria that 200k can get you a comfortable lifestyle for a family of 4.
Maybe you need to check what comfort mean again. We don too suffer for this country, we no understand wetin comfort mean again.
grin cheesy
Minimum wage is how much?

So 200k na big earner, I guess 75% of Lagos workers don't earn over 200k. If not for egunje and embezzlement.

5 Likes

Re: What Is A Living Wage For A Family Of 4 In Lagos by eedimo(m): 3:41pm On May 02, 2023
Question

(1) (2) (Reply)

Please Help!! My Dad Passed Away. Please How Do I Overcome The Pains? / "Churches Should Add "Let Me Die The Day I Cheat On You" To Marriage Vow" / How Long Do You Think Courtship Should Take?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.