Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,479 members, 7,812,473 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:57 PM

My Ex-classmate ‘languishing’ As General Manager In Nigerian Mediocre Bank: VP - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Ex-classmate ‘languishing’ As General Manager In Nigerian Mediocre Bank: VP (35125 Views)

Osemwegie-Ero: Many Innocent Nigerians Languishing In Torino Prison / Arotile: See Picture Of Ex-classmate Of The Female Pilot Who Knocked Her Down. / Another Nigerian Appointed World Bank VP - Pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Ex-classmate ‘languishing’ As General Manager In Nigerian Mediocre Bank: VP by dfrost: 3:26pm On Sep 25, 2023
being:

Well I just had to come down to the imaginary lowest possible assuming it's a unity bank or a small microfinance bank

Even Unity Bank don upgrade ooh. SM is from 20M pa and above for most banks.
Re: My Ex-classmate ‘languishing’ As General Manager In Nigerian Mediocre Bank: VP by DaTruths: 3:44pm On Sep 25, 2023
LikeAking:
Even the ex classmate no complain..

Make una rest..

Shut up, who the Bleep is even his ex classmate.

If he had made that statement outside of office, nobody would care.

How can A VP be issuing such statement and you didn't see any problem in it, it shows how mentally not up to par some of you can be.
Re: My Ex-classmate ‘languishing’ As General Manager In Nigerian Mediocre Bank: VP by BigIyanga: 3:46pm On Sep 25, 2023
Israel07:
There's nothing wrong in what he said, however he lacks presentation and delivery. He didn't mean to denigrate the person of Oladipo but was telling them that there are many more qualifying people like his course mates hence the need to humble themselves and do their best for the masses.
I don't like APC government for anything and 'll never ever support them but it's actually stupid to be quoting him out of context. As an Obidient, I tell you for free that there's nothing wrong with his statement.
Everything is wrong with what he said.
1st, when he worked at Zenith, Shetima didnt attain that rank.

2: Shetima has never been an employer of labor, he doesnt know what it takes to form a company and have a payroll. His boss Jim Ovia would never describe his manager’s role in a such condescending manner.
3- The pay structure for a position is 4-6m/mon ie $4-6k /mon =$48-$72k/yr, this is a white collar middle income job in richest countries like US, Canada, Switzerland and co.
4- it shows that VP doesn't have respect for people working for him… most of whom, earn less than 1m/mon. His PAs/SAs dont make more 1m/mon legitimately… bribe and kickbacks no follow.

5- In his LGA, there may be no person with such a position in banking industry. Let him put some respect on it.
Re: My Ex-classmate ‘languishing’ As General Manager In Nigerian Mediocre Bank: VP by PrinceofAgoAre(m): 4:00pm On Sep 25, 2023
Pls could someone kindly help out with 2k, pls..
Re: My Ex-classmate ‘languishing’ As General Manager In Nigerian Mediocre Bank: VP by jahsharon: 4:41pm On Sep 25, 2023
ppogba:

Ex-Intercontinental.

You are wrong oooo. Not intercontinental. Despite moving between 5 banks I didn't step into intercontinental
Re: My Ex-classmate ‘languishing’ As General Manager In Nigerian Mediocre Bank: VP by Cromagnon: 5:14pm On Sep 25, 2023
Racoon:
And it is because fate have placed you on a different pedestal? There is this defiant arrogance which is characteristics of hardliners like Shettima who are so egocentric. This is how how He called VP Osinbajo "Mr Nice Ice-cream man."

is he not an ice-cream man?
Has he won any election without a godfather?

What a disparaging and unstatemanly comment about a former colleague coming from the VP of an illegitimate government who rigged themselves in with the connivance of INEC.
Re: My Ex-classmate ‘languishing’ As General Manager In Nigerian Mediocre Bank: VP by Cromagnon: 5:18pm On Sep 25, 2023
VeeVeeMyLuv:
This people knows that what they are paying senior and junior workers in both private and public sectors is appalling and pitiable

it is what the employees are worth
How much are they making?
What is their productivity
If they are worth so much they should go and start their own business and let the employer do it by himself then they can go and make millions

It is an eyesore that's why he made this statement. Imagine Nigeria min wage is $30! Just 30k for goodness sake. Professors and the bank manager salary this VP is dissing around is 400-500k!

Should b nothing less than 2m
[b][/b]If you plant 30 yams yet harvest 30 yams
Not 300 yams or 30 chicken
30 yams
That is your productivity
Re: My Ex-classmate ‘languishing’ As General Manager In Nigerian Mediocre Bank: VP by Cromagnon: 5:19pm On Sep 25, 2023
Kingosytex:
It seems Shettima has a low IQ, does he expect all his ex-classmates to be VP?
The first class graduate is languishing in a local bank while he himself is a billionaire courtesy of the corrupt system of politics we have. He should keep shut because all he has, he got from politics.
He just buttressed the point. A nation where the sole measure of success is based on the amount of wealth one has is certainly heading for doom as everyone will do anything possible to amass the wealth.

what should be the measure of success
Why not face that
Why e de pain you say he be billionaire?

Nigeria is a case study, many are now into rituals and all forms of evil just to amass this wealth in order not to be seen as failures.
Re: My Ex-classmate ‘languishing’ As General Manager In Nigerian Mediocre Bank: VP by Kingosytex(m): 5:30pm On Sep 25, 2023
Cromagnon:

what should be the measure of success
Why not face that
Why e de pain you say he be billionaire?

How e take de pain me?
Read and understand...
Is it possible for all his class mates to be political office holders?
To Shettima any of his class mates who isn't at his level is a failure. Does that assumption make any sense to you?

1 Like

Re: My Ex-classmate ‘languishing’ As General Manager In Nigerian Mediocre Bank: VP by ppogba: 6:14pm On Sep 25, 2023
jahsharon:

You are wrong oooo. Not intercontinental. Despite moving between 5 banks I didn't step into intercontinental

Okay.

I was trying to narrow it down considering the time you mentioned.
Re: My Ex-classmate ‘languishing’ As General Manager In Nigerian Mediocre Bank: VP by dfrost: 9:39pm On Sep 25, 2023
jahsharon:

Don't waste your saliva on people that are still fed. It goes to show the type of circle they keep 🤣😝😆
Re: My Ex-classmate ‘languishing’ As General Manager In Nigerian Mediocre Bank: VP by fineberry(m): 10:38pm On Sep 25, 2023
Baba I see no wrong in my write up. [quote author=bonnyhope post=126005266][/quote]
Re: My Ex-classmate ‘languishing’ As General Manager In Nigerian Mediocre Bank: VP by Ejyksneh(m): 11:26pm On Sep 25, 2023
Dunce*.....your brain was definitely used for rituals* by your dead papa no doubt
Bliss24:
cool

I just love Shetima's blunt disposition

Best Graduating student of Economics in Prestigious University of Ibadan Citadel of learning......

After 30 years of Graduation

Ended up becoming Deputy Branch Manager at a new generation bank like Polaris bank

30 years after graduation that he should be planing retirement he is a Deputy Manager

His total salary may not be up to 200,000 to 500,000 a month

He made this submission at University of Ibadan to remind student the intricacies of life

PS:
IF you know say e no go better for your papa this morning qoute me to say trash

You idiots stay your lane and don't qoute me if Ogun no go perish your families, keep your useless mob mentality and keyboard war to your unproductive self

Re: My Ex-classmate ‘languishing’ As General Manager In Nigerian Mediocre Bank: VP by GreyLaw(m): 11:29pm On Sep 25, 2023
Bliss24:
cool

I just love Shetima's blunt disposition

Best Graduating student of Economics in Prestigious University of Ibadan Citadel of learning......

After 30 years of Graduation

Ended up becoming Deputy Branch Manager at a new generation bank like Polaris bank

30 years after graduation that he should be planing retirement he is a Deputy Manager

His total salary may not be up to 200,000 to 500,000 a month

He made this submission at University of Ibadan to remind student the intricacies of life

PS:
IF you know say e no go better for your papa this morning qoute me to say trash

You idiots stay your lane and don't qoute me if Ogun no go perish your families, keep your useless mob mentality and keyboard war to your unproductive self

You are poor. No money in your account, nothing upstairs, nothing anywhere. If what you wrote is how you measure life, you are in very deep troublew. And there is no deputy general manager of any bank in Nigeria that earns 200-500k. They all earn more than that. You disgust sane people.
Re: My Ex-classmate ‘languishing’ As General Manager In Nigerian Mediocre Bank: VP by GreyLaw(m): 11:30pm On Sep 25, 2023
Israel07:
There's nothing wrong in what he said, however he lacks presentation and delivery. He didn't mean to denigrate the person of Oladipo but was telling them that there are many more qualifying people like his course mates hence the need to humble themselves and do their best for the masses.
I don't like APC government for anything and 'll never ever support them but it's actually stupid to be quoting him out of context. As an Obidient, I tell you for free that there's nothing wrong with his statement.

Keep making excuses for an eedioot in power.
Re: My Ex-classmate ‘languishing’ As General Manager In Nigerian Mediocre Bank: VP by sweetgala(m): 8:22am On Sep 26, 2023
Kukutente23:

Yeah. And he was in the North East
I can bet he couldn't have moved up so fast if not for some affiliations he had.
It's easy to see through the line that he moved up because of his connection across North East and not necessarily competence at his job

Connection across NE. What makes you think he's not enterprising and he did not achieve his success as a consequence of excellence.

The best graduating student is often not the best candidate because academic excellence and character is not same
Re: My Ex-classmate ‘languishing’ As General Manager In Nigerian Mediocre Bank: VP by Kukutente23: 8:46am On Sep 26, 2023
sweetgala:

Connection across NE. What makes you think he's not enterprising and he did not achieve his success as a consequence of excellence.

The best graduating student is often not the best candidate because academic excellence and character is not same
When did I say he didn't achieve his success based on excellence?
It's the North East we're talking about not some urban place. It's easy to move up in those places due to low level of competition and being an indigene of that area would certainly have helped his cause in achieving targets. If you have an idea of how communal northerners are, you'll understand what I'm saying.
Are you saying Oladipo's character flaw is the reason he isn't VP today? I beg to disagree.
Shettima is VP more because of his religion and region than anything else.
Secondly, to be the best graduating student in UI shows a level of excellence that you can't take away from him. So don't look to downplay that achievement just to excuse his lack of attainment of political post.
Re: My Ex-classmate ‘languishing’ As General Manager In Nigerian Mediocre Bank: VP by sweetgala(m): 11:48am On Sep 26, 2023
Kukutente23:

When did I say he didn't achieve his success based on excellence?
It's the North East we're talking about not some urban place. It's easy to move up in those places due to low level of competition and being an indigene of that area would certainly have helped his cause in achieving targets. If you have an idea of how communal northerners are, you'll understand what I'm saying.
Are you saying Oladipo's character flaw is the reason he isn't VP today? I beg to disagree.
Shettima is VP more because of his religion and region than anything else.
Secondly, to be the best graduating student in UI shows a level of excellence that you can't take away from him. So don't look to downplay that achievement just to excuse his lack of attainment of political post.

I never said Oladipo has a character flaw but he might not have the same drive. You need to realize that when in organisations it's not just intelligence it's also workplace politics and relationships; some people lack such skills and are otherwise content working within the bureaucratic system which can be slow and tedious. Not all everyone grabs life by tye scruff of life

Have you been to the NE. Because I'm certain you're making wild assumptions which is way beyond the facts. There is rampant poverty in Nigeria and lack of services in rural areas which is what you find a large quantity of in the northern provinces but the largest population of people living below the poverty-line live in the urban centres across Nigeria the urban people who are mostly farmers were wealthy enough to sustain their lives devoid of excess before the dangerous insecurities that has made them unable to farm in peace.

The most intelligent people I know personally in sectors including IT and advanced artificial intelligence are from the NW and NC and I don't live in Nigeria btw I've lived in Europe for 22 years. Some of the menay Nigerians lecturing in universities across the world I've come to know are from North ;Kano and Kaduna, Benue Plateau seem to produce many of these intellectuals and they are the most deligent and humble people I know. Devoid of pride and I dare say substantially more tolerant than I can drop ever claim to be.

It's evident your world view is limited from your perspective.

1 Like

Re: My Ex-classmate ‘languishing’ As General Manager In Nigerian Mediocre Bank: VP by Kukutente23: 12:17pm On Sep 26, 2023
sweetgala:

I never said Oladipo has a character flaw but he might not have the same drive. You need to realize that when in organisations it's not just intelligence it's also workplace politics and relationships; some people lack such skills and are otherwise content working within the bureaucratic system which can be slow and tedious. Not all everyone grabs life by tye scruff of life

Have you been to the NE. Because I'm certain you're making wild assumptions which is way beyond the facts. There is rampant poverty in Nigeria and lack of services in rural areas which is what you find a large quantity of in the northern provinces but the largest population of people living below the poverty-line live in the urban centres across Nigeria the urban people who are mostly farmers were wealthy enough to sustain their lives devoid of excess before the dangerous insecurities that has made them unable to farm in peace.

The most intelligent people I know personally in sectors including IT and advanced artificial intelligence are from the NW and NC and I don't live in Nigeria btw I've lived in Europe for 22 years. Some of the menay Nigerians lecturing in universities across the world I've come to know are from North ;Kano and Kaduna, Benue Plateau seem to produce many of these intellectuals and they are the most deligent and humble people I know. Devoid of pride and I dare say substantially more tolerant than I can drop ever claim to be.

It's evident your world view is limited from your perspective.
If you don't live in nigeria don't argue with those who do.
The NE is the poorest part of the country based on statistics. I can assure you the totality of Zenith banks in NE is not up to the number in Lagos alone. That's where Shettima became GM.
Secondly, you can show me example of a bank manager who resigned to pick up a commissioner post in Lagos or the South generally. That's what happened in the case of Shettima. He resigned from Zenith in 2007 to become commissioner under Modu Sheriff. I should expect that you'll understand there must have been some relationship between the two for him to get such a plum job from him. The probability of a bank manager getting such in the south is very low. Ogun state picked a Kemi Adeosun from UK to be commissioner.
The point I'm making is he played politics while being a staff of a private corporate. If he tried that in the south, he'll be out of office before you can say Jack. In fact, I can bet part of what sped up his career is probably accounts opened by politicians in Zenith bank under his name. You can attribute that to performance but be rest assured if it were in a normal banking sense, he will be questioned as to his relationship with those politicians. Banks fear exposure of a mid- level staff to politicians more than anything.
Lastly, I don't know what part of Europe you live but the majority of those who form the bulk of intelligentsia outside are southern Nigerians. It's a fact that's a old as Nigeria itself. Google first professional on any field in Nigeria and you'll hardly see a northerner there.
Re: My Ex-classmate ‘languishing’ As General Manager In Nigerian Mediocre Bank: VP by Cromagnon: 12:53pm On Sep 26, 2023
Kingosytex:

How e take de pain me?
Read and understand...
Is it possible for all his class mates to be political office holders?
To Shettima any of his class mates who isn't at his level is a failure. Does that assumption make any sense to you?
if it didn't pain you you would not have Responded
Re: My Ex-classmate ‘languishing’ As General Manager In Nigerian Mediocre Bank: VP by Kingosytex(m): 1:27pm On Sep 26, 2023
Cromagnon:
if it didn't pain you you would not have Responded

Does it mean that you are pained also because you just responded to me?
Re: My Ex-classmate ‘languishing’ As General Manager In Nigerian Mediocre Bank: VP by Chinny024(f): 6:29pm On Sep 26, 2023
See what someone is saying..Failed country with Failed leaders!!!!..What can we emulate from him?..nothing absolutely
Re: My Ex-classmate ‘languishing’ As General Manager In Nigerian Mediocre Bank: VP by Cromagnon: 7:32pm On Sep 26, 2023
Kingosytex:

Does it mean that you are pained also because you just responded to me?
yep
Pained to witness the cognitive dissonance
Re: My Ex-classmate ‘languishing’ As General Manager In Nigerian Mediocre Bank: VP by Kingosytex(m): 7:34pm On Sep 26, 2023
Cromagnon:
yep
Pained to witness the cognitive dissonance

It seems cognitive dissonance has another meaning in your dictionary!

Highlight the cognitive dissonance in my comments or stop beating about the bush.
Re: My Ex-classmate ‘languishing’ As General Manager In Nigerian Mediocre Bank: VP by creativehubb: 7:57pm On Sep 26, 2023
You people are ripping off Nigeria, you are eating fat while the people starve. Cut down allowances and salaries of political office holders now.
Re: My Ex-classmate ‘languishing’ As General Manager In Nigerian Mediocre Bank: VP by holocron: 10:16pm On Sep 26, 2023
festacman:
It is either VP Shettima was envious of Usman Oladipo's brilliance while in school or he is pissed that Usman hasn't, like other former classmates, come to worship him and seek favours from him. Naturally, proud people hate being ignored. And now, his being VP afforded him an opportunity to get back at him. The statement sounds mean and he needs to apologize to Usman Oladipo immediately.

In alternative he should submit Usman Oladipo's name for an immediate juicy appointment as payment for image damage. grin

But on a serious note, VP Shettima needs speak with a lot more caution. DGM in a bank is a senior management position attained through years of legitimate professional work experience.

Gbam! Shetima is simply envious and stylishly ran down the man.
Re: My Ex-classmate ‘languishing’ As General Manager In Nigerian Mediocre Bank: VP by chukzyfcbb: 11:28pm On Sep 27, 2023
being:

I would have taken d VP comment as a joke..
D DGM of even a tier 3 bank cannot be earning less than 1.2 M per month.. It is an accomplished position. So
1.What is d languishing in that?
2. Why should a politician be earning more than a bank GM?
Lol
What is 1.2m?

Una know wetin be DGM, even at tier 5 bank sef it cannot be 1.2m

1 Like

Re: My Ex-classmate ‘languishing’ As General Manager In Nigerian Mediocre Bank: VP by Iamanoited: 4:21am On Sep 28, 2023
GIVE THAT YOUR FRIEND YOUR GCON.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Governor Aregbesola Wearing A School Uniform / Boko Haram Flag Given To Buhari By Army / Wole Soyinka Reacts To Buhari's Rule Of Law Comment, Says 'An Advance Warning'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.