Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,461 members, 7,830,291 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 07:16 PM

My Ex-classmate ‘languishing’ As General Manager In Nigerian Mediocre Bank: VP - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Ex-classmate ‘languishing’ As General Manager In Nigerian Mediocre Bank: VP (35219 Views)

Osemwegie-Ero: Many Innocent Nigerians Languishing In Torino Prison / Arotile: See Picture Of Ex-classmate Of The Female Pilot Who Knocked Her Down. / Another Nigerian Appointed World Bank VP - Pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Ex-classmate ‘languishing’ As General Manager In Nigerian Mediocre Bank: VP by Phantom233: 9:15am On Sep 25, 2023
What do you expect from a Terrorists-allied V.P?

1 Like

Re: My Ex-classmate ‘languishing’ As General Manager In Nigerian Mediocre Bank: VP by bonnyhope: 9:15am On Sep 25, 2023
badoh:

Your comment shows that you're a novice. No be everything you go deh shook mouth for wetin you no know. Deputy manager(DM) is different from Deputy General Manager(DGM). You think say to reach DGM position for Nigeria Bank na moi-moi.

Some of these guys on the forum are children

They never work before so don't blame them.

In organisational hierarchy

DGM is next to GM

1 Like

Re: My Ex-classmate ‘languishing’ As General Manager In Nigerian Mediocre Bank: VP by OGHENAOGIE(m): 9:16am On Sep 25, 2023
Advision:

It's why Nigeria with so much talent has little to show for itself. The brilliant talents in the country are often relagated to the back, the not so smart ones whose educational qualification may not even be doubted are the ones that take power
politics is a game of competition and winning in America Trump wasn't the most intelligent when he rule America even Obama am sure isn't to despite his oratory powers...
Re: My Ex-classmate ‘languishing’ As General Manager In Nigerian Mediocre Bank: VP by OGHENAOGIE(m): 9:17am On Sep 25, 2023
Web2020:
If not because of Corruption and stealing, how much is the VP's salary and Allowance? But, because they steal public funds they are counting their selves lucky. And we are clapping our hands for them
beyond the salary VP is an influential position compare to DGM of a bank.. shetima issue is wrong use of words in expressing how lucky they are...
Re: My Ex-classmate ‘languishing’ As General Manager In Nigerian Mediocre Bank: VP by OGHENAOGIE(m): 9:19am On Sep 25, 2023
Israel07:
There's nothing wrong in what he said, however he lacks presentation and delivery. He didn't mean to denigrate the person of Oladipo but was telling them that there are many more qualifying people like his course mates hence the need to humble themselves and do their best for the masses.
I don't like APC government for anything and 'll never ever support them but it's actually stupid to be quoting him out of context. As an Obidient, I tell you for free that there's nothing wrong with his statement.
he shouldn't have used languishing and mediocre.. the bank employ pple and pay salaries... His classmate via his position is envy of some pple... Besides not everyone can be in politics or hold Political office...

1 Like

Re: My Ex-classmate ‘languishing’ As General Manager In Nigerian Mediocre Bank: VP by OGHENAOGIE(m): 9:21am On Sep 25, 2023
poiZon:

The only advantage shettima had over oladipo is cause he came from a disadvantaged state, his MSc was like a certificate issued to supreme being and that gave him that leeway to excel in the midst of nothingness.
If he were to be from oladipo's state, he won't even be chosen to run for common councillor.
mind u shetima na ist class graduate...
Re: My Ex-classmate ‘languishing’ As General Manager In Nigerian Mediocre Bank: VP by bonnyhope: 9:22am On Sep 25, 2023
Oganla101:

How uninformed some Nigerians are is suprising. As an Assitant Manager, you earn between N1m to N1.2m. This is 6 levels below a DGM! While the salary is not the best but it is not equally that bad.

Alot of people are ignorant here

And they talk anyhow
Re: My Ex-classmate ‘languishing’ As General Manager In Nigerian Mediocre Bank: VP by Israel07: 9:22am On Sep 25, 2023
OGHENAOGIE:
he shouldn't have used languishing and mediocre.. the bank employ pple and pay salaries... His classmate via his position is envy of some pple... Besides not everyone can be in politics or hold Political office...

That's y I said he lacks "presentation and delivery"

1 Like

Re: My Ex-classmate ‘languishing’ As General Manager In Nigerian Mediocre Bank: VP by bonnyhope: 9:24am On Sep 25, 2023
[quote author=fineberry post=126004455]Nobody will become Somebody tomorrow with prayer, hardwork and faith in God. Good morning.[/quote

]

Read what you post again

Your thoughts was not communicated
Re: My Ex-classmate ‘languishing’ As General Manager In Nigerian Mediocre Bank: VP by OGHENAOGIE(m): 9:25am On Sep 25, 2023
Israel07:

That's y I said he lacks "presentation and delivery"
he should engage seasoned speech writers and try to caution how he speak too
Re: My Ex-classmate ‘languishing’ As General Manager In Nigerian Mediocre Bank: VP by Kukutente23: 9:25am On Sep 25, 2023
Israel07:

There's nothing wrong with the statement from an unbiased view. Like I said he lacks communication presentation and delivery but he was actually trying to tell them that their position is God's grace n not of their own making as there are many more qualified people for the Job.
Na people like una dey bring headless mob comments from fools on Obidients. Stop it!
You said he lacks communication delivery but there's nothing wrong with the statement. Reconcile the two. Let me frame it differently.

Imagine you have a friend whose name is Israel but is childless after 15 years of marriage.

You already have two and suddenly, your wife delivers a set of twins. Then your church organises a family seminar and people from Israel's church also attend.

You're among the panelist and you're to speak on raising Godly children.

In your opening statement you then go thus: "We should learn to see children as God's gift. My friend Israel whom most of you know married before me, 15 years ago. Till today he's childless. Those of us with twins and other kids should learn to take good care of them because they are God's gift."

How do you think people in that space will view your word?
As you're reading your supposed statement, are you cringing or nodding your head?
How do you think Israel will feel about you when news of your statement gets to him?

If anyone labels you headless mob for condemning this statement, that person needs to have his head checked. Don't allow people who are worse than you blackmail you.

1 Like

Re: My Ex-classmate ‘languishing’ As General Manager In Nigerian Mediocre Bank: VP by dingbang(m): 9:31am On Sep 25, 2023
Bliss24:
cool

I just love Shetima's blunt disposition

Best Graduating student of Economics in Prestigious University of Ibadan Citadel of learning......

After 30 years of Graduation

Ended up becoming Deputy Branch Manager at a new generation bank like Polaris bank

30 years after graduation that he should be planing retirement he is a Deputy Manager

His total salary may not be up to 200,000 to 500,000 a month

He made this submission at University of Ibadan to remind student the intricacies of life

PS:
IF you know say e no go better for your papa this morning qoute me to say trash

You idiots stay your lane and don't qoute me if Ogun no go perish your families, keep your useless mob mentality and keyboard war to your unproductive self

the way you people condescend bankers, deputy general manager's salary is much more than 3million monthly. It is better to ask questions than to display your ignorance.

P.s Bankers earn good amount of money.

3 Likes

Re: My Ex-classmate ‘languishing’ As General Manager In Nigerian Mediocre Bank: VP by Blackman101: 9:31am On Sep 25, 2023
when God bless you and you start taking other efforts for granted
Re: My Ex-classmate ‘languishing’ As General Manager In Nigerian Mediocre Bank: VP by Kukutente23: 9:31am On Sep 25, 2023
OGHENAOGIE:
mind u shetima na ist class graduate...
That's a lie. He's not
Re: My Ex-classmate ‘languishing’ As General Manager In Nigerian Mediocre Bank: VP by princeemma69: 9:32am On Sep 25, 2023
Yankee101:
A DGM is next to a GM, ED, DMD the bank MD
A lot of banks don’t even have DMD so that’s just 3 steps to bank MD and this common thief is calling it a mediocre achievement
. Pls What is the full meaning of ED?
Re: My Ex-classmate ‘languishing’ As General Manager In Nigerian Mediocre Bank: VP by IamtheTruth1(m): 9:33am On Sep 25, 2023
Islie:
My ex-classmate Usman Oladipo ‘languishing’ as general manager in Nigerian mediocre bank: Shettima

Mr Shettima’s recent remark cements his reputation as a politician who lacks tact in communicating an opinion without denigrating others.

https://gazettengr.com/my-ex-classmate-usman-oladipo-languishing-as-general-manager-in-nigerian-mediocre-bank-shettima/

No be una vote am . Una never hear anything self.

Nigeria system does not support legitimate hustling. Your VP has just said it all
Re: My Ex-classmate ‘languishing’ As General Manager In Nigerian Mediocre Bank: VP by naijaboy756: 9:34am On Sep 25, 2023
Bliss24:
cool

Best Graduating student of Economics in Prestigious University of Ibadan Citadel of learning......

Ended up becoming Deputy Branch Manager at a new generation bank like Polaris bank

30 years after graduation that he should be planing retirement he is a Deputy Manager

He made this submission at University of Ibadan to remind student the intricacies of life

PS:

You idiots stay your lane and don't qoute me if Ogun no go perish your families, keep your useless mob mentality and keyboard war to your unproductive self

you mumulity na generational ooo

call your kindred make dem find solution quickly

1 Like

Re: My Ex-classmate ‘languishing’ As General Manager In Nigerian Mediocre Bank: VP by Yankee101: 9:34am On Sep 25, 2023
princeemma69:

Executive Director

1 Like

Re: My Ex-classmate ‘languishing’ As General Manager In Nigerian Mediocre Bank: VP by princeemma69: 9:35am On Sep 25, 2023
Yankee101:

Executive Director
Thanks
Re: My Ex-classmate ‘languishing’ As General Manager In Nigerian Mediocre Bank: VP by ppogba: 9:35am On Sep 25, 2023
princeemma69:

Executive Director.

1 Like

Re: My Ex-classmate ‘languishing’ As General Manager In Nigerian Mediocre Bank: VP by Yoighaman(m): 9:36am On Sep 25, 2023
Bliss24:
cool

PS:

DGM means Deputy General Manager.........not Deputy Branch Manager

1 Like

Re: My Ex-classmate ‘languishing’ As General Manager In Nigerian Mediocre Bank: VP by Kukutente23: 9:36am On Sep 25, 2023
Bliss24:

I will make any comments I deem fit as I like and it's obviously not your business
It's my business when you say rubbish. I have to correct you lest you infect others with your rubbish comments.
Just imagine defending Shettima who is known to spill nonsense from his buccal orifice.
I won't be surprised if he offers apology or a damage control statement before the end of today while you have taken it upon yourself to be his devil's advocate.
Rest with your zombeism 🧟‍♂️

1 Like

Re: My Ex-classmate ‘languishing’ As General Manager In Nigerian Mediocre Bank: VP by ppogba: 9:37am On Sep 25, 2023
naijaboy756:
you mumulity na generational ooo

call your kindred make dem find solution quickly

Abeg, make una pity this guy.

The insults he has gotten this morning is enough to last him the reminder of September.

2 Likes

Re: My Ex-classmate ‘languishing’ As General Manager In Nigerian Mediocre Bank: VP by Yankee101: 9:37am On Sep 25, 2023
princeemma69:
Thanks
Welcome
Re: My Ex-classmate ‘languishing’ As General Manager In Nigerian Mediocre Bank: VP by Bliss24: 9:38am On Sep 25, 2023
[quote author=Kukutente23 post=126005522]
It's my business when you say rubbish. I have to correct you lest you infect others with your rubbish comments.
Just imagine defending Shettima who is known to spill nonsense from his buccal orifice.
I won't be surprised if he offers apology or a damage control statement before the end of today while you have taken it upon yourself to be his devil's advocate.
Rest with your zombeism 🧟‍♂️ [/quote

Foolish idiot tell your father to come and edit my comment

Oloshi
Re: My Ex-classmate ‘languishing’ As General Manager In Nigerian Mediocre Bank: VP by OGHENAOGIE(m): 9:39am On Sep 25, 2023
Kukutente23:

That's a lie. He's not
so na wetin
Re: My Ex-classmate ‘languishing’ As General Manager In Nigerian Mediocre Bank: VP by Kukutente23: 9:44am On Sep 25, 2023
spiSeyi:
Hatred will not let some youth learn from what the VP is saying grin .
1 The VP is acknowledging that the race is not for Swift.
2 Showing to the world that Nigeria has a lot of better people than him and other leaders who are opportune to get to the highest stage in Nigeria
3 The fear of job security is what is keeping most in one place for year's, if shetima doesn't step out of his comfort zone to start his business which gave him opportunities to mingle in politics he won't be the 2nd citizen of Nigeria, Senator and a two-term governor undecided

Peace ✌️
What business did Shettima start
He retired from Zenith as a GM
Just one step above the man he's denigrating to join politics as a commissioner in 2007
And he was GM in the North East not like it was in Lagos
Re: My Ex-classmate ‘languishing’ As General Manager In Nigerian Mediocre Bank: VP by Kukutente23: 9:46am On Sep 25, 2023
[quote author=Bliss24 post=126005549][/quote]
Do you have a father?
You comment more like a bastard
See how you made a public fool of yourself
You're just a nuisance who is lacking in the tact to know when to speak and when to be quiet
Bleep off
Re: My Ex-classmate ‘languishing’ As General Manager In Nigerian Mediocre Bank: VP by Bliss24: 9:47am On Sep 25, 2023
[quote author=Kukutente23 post=126005714]
Do you have a father?
You comment more like a bastard
See how you made a public fool of yourself
You're just a nuisance who is lacking in the tact to know when to speak and when to be quiet
Bleep off [/quote

Fool stop qouting me am not your father

Loser
Re: My Ex-classmate ‘languishing’ As General Manager In Nigerian Mediocre Bank: VP by casualobserver: 9:48am On Sep 25, 2023
Kukutente23:

You said he lacks communication delivery but there's nothing wrong with the statement. Reconcile the two. Let me frame it differently.

Imagine you have a friend whose name is Israel but is childless after 15 years of marriage.

You already have two and suddenly, your wife delivers a set of twins. Then your church organises a family seminar and people from Israel's church also attend.

You're among the panelist and you're to speak on raising Godly children.

In your opening statement you then go thus: "We should learn to see children as God's gift. My friend Israel whom most of you know married before me, 15 years ago. Till today he's childless. Those of us with twins and other kids should learn to take good care of them because they are God's gift."

How do you think people in that space will view your word?
As you're reading your supposed statement, are you cringing or nodding your head?
How do you think Israel will feel about you when news of your statement gets to him?

If anyone labels you headless mob for condemning this statement, that person needs to have his head checked. Don't allow people who are worse than you blackmail you.

He made a very poignant point about the reward system in Nigeria however he wasn’t tactical. He should not have used the word “mediocre” an he should not have mentioned the name.

It is the same point Falana made on TV yesterday, a professor cannot be making 400k monthly while a local govt chairman makes N1m.

I am a fan of Shettima, I love the man but I cringed when I saw the video.

1 Like

Re: My Ex-classmate ‘languishing’ As General Manager In Nigerian Mediocre Bank: VP by Kukutente23: 9:48am On Sep 25, 2023
OGHENAOGIE:
so na wetin
He graduated with second class upper in agricultural economics not some high grade course.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Aminu Oguche - Nyanya Bombing Suspect - Freed By Court / Yorubas Destabilizing Buhari's Government With FFK And Fayose ...Arewa Youths / 7 Issues President Buhari Failed To Address In Broadcast

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.