Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,885 members, 7,814,000 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 12:00 AM

Who Else Can't Sleep With The Lights On? - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Who Else Can't Sleep With The Lights On? (44088 Views)

I Can't Sleep At Night Please What Can I Do / I Can't Sleep For More Than 3 Hours At Night And I'm Losing Weight / Four Side Effects Of Sleeping With Lights On (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Else Can't Sleep With The Lights On? by PrimadonnaO(f): 10:32pm On Sep 25, 2023
Biggiefela:
Light dey light no dey if sleep hold me nothing dey stop am. If dem like make dem fire gunshots I no go still wake

LOL

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Who Else Can't Sleep With The Lights On? by Offpoint1: 10:32pm On Sep 25, 2023
Goalnaldo:
Growing up I had no problem sleeping with the light on but for the past six years or so I can't sleep with the lights on. Even if I'm feeling very sleepy, the moment they bring light, the sleep is gone!!

Most times I turn of the light in my room even when PHCN didn't bring the light so I can sleep. Please who is going through this?
You're not supposed to sleep with lights on that's why the sunset before humans sleeps
Re: Who Else Can't Sleep With The Lights On? by spencekat(m): 10:35pm On Sep 25, 2023
Goalnaldo:
Growing up I had no problem sleeping with the light on but for the past six years or so I can't sleep with the lights on. [/b]Even if I'm feeling very sleepy, the moment they bring light, the sleep is gone!! [b]

Most times I turn of the light in my room even when PHCN didn't bring the light so I can sleep. Please who is going through this?
Same with me. Light and noise. All started after my NYSC.
Re: Who Else Can't Sleep With The Lights On? by kyuniii(m): 10:36pm On Sep 25, 2023
omoadeleye:

Dem dey reduce light?
Yes you can reduce the brightness with a Dimming switch.
Re: Who Else Can't Sleep With The Lights On? by spencekat(m): 10:36pm On Sep 25, 2023
bluepreek:
lipsrsealed
A man who has problems troubling his heart will sleep even when street lights are staring at him shocked
Not true.People are wired differently.
Re: Who Else Can't Sleep With The Lights On? by spencekat(m): 10:36pm On Sep 25, 2023
FoggedBrain:
How can somebody sleep with the light on?
Some do.
Re: Who Else Can't Sleep With The Lights On? by spencekat(m): 10:37pm On Sep 25, 2023
Exceed15:
I'd stay awake through the night if light is on.
Same with me.

1 Like

Re: Who Else Can't Sleep With The Lights On? by Vijuchoco(f): 10:37pm On Sep 25, 2023
pocohantas:
I can't try it. I went a step further to cover that tiny light on sockets and extensions with black nail paint.

Picture attached.
Lol.. You mean business o

1 Like

Re: Who Else Can't Sleep With The Lights On? by spencekat(m): 10:40pm On Sep 25, 2023
Adakintroy:
Sleep never catch una.

People weh de sleep for work for for broad day light go soon join the conversation. Make una just de watch.
People are wired differently. Even if I miss sleeping for two nights/days and you switch on light, the sleep will be gone immediately. I am too sensitive to light and noise while sleeping. It became like that after I finished my NYSC program.

1 Like

Re: Who Else Can't Sleep With The Lights On? by Nazgul: 10:40pm On Sep 25, 2023
I can't sleep in blinding darkness, I'd prefer some light reflections to illuminate the room a bit. And luckily for me, there's always light reflexions from close buildings, those light reflections makes it easier for me to sleep.

3 Likes

Re: Who Else Can't Sleep With The Lights On? by spencekat(m): 10:41pm On Sep 25, 2023
Opanka44:
You're an Introvert
No!!! , I don't think so.
Re: Who Else Can't Sleep With The Lights On? by Annahh(f): 10:41pm On Sep 25, 2023
SUPERPACK:
I am on the opposite. I can't sleep where there is no light. I hate darkness even when I am awake. Even when there is no light I must on our rechargeable bulb.
Me too. I intentionally make sure my torches are charged, cause of creeping creatures. One day my bro woke up all of a sudden from a night sleep and saw a scorpion near him cause he had his torch on.

3 Likes

Re: Who Else Can't Sleep With The Lights On? by RealAlubarika(m): 10:42pm On Sep 25, 2023
Bellfun:
I don't like it either...I prefer to sleep with lights off

Same with me and my wife.

We rise by lifting others

2 Likes

Re: Who Else Can't Sleep With The Lights On? by Goalnaldo(m): 10:43pm On Sep 25, 2023
Adakintroy:
Sleep never catch una.

People weh de sleep for work for for broad day light go soon join the conversation. Make una just de watch.
brother, believe me they are two different things oh. I can sleep in the afternoon with the bulbs on but night ehn, the light is just so pronounced

1 Like

Re: Who Else Can't Sleep With The Lights On? by Gangster1ms: 10:43pm On Sep 25, 2023
pocohantas:
I can't try it. I went a step further to cover that tiny light on sockets and extensions with black nail paint.

Picture attached.
Look at the mess you made, what's black tapes there for? undecided
Re: Who Else Can't Sleep With The Lights On? by Alamkir: 10:44pm On Sep 25, 2023
Vijuchoco:

You're not alone, I do that too but not necessarily with a thick cloth

Not necessarily thick , but not transparent that's what I meant
Re: Who Else Can't Sleep With The Lights On? by kyuniii(m): 10:44pm On Sep 25, 2023
I can't sleep with the light on, i remember back then in school, i never for once made used of the switch in my room because i just do not care if it works or not. Till i finished my program i did not buy bulb for once.

1 Like

Re: Who Else Can't Sleep With The Lights On? by fineberry(m): 10:45pm On Sep 25, 2023
How ...
Harmony92:
I can't sleep with the light off anymore because of my babies.
Re: Who Else Can't Sleep With The Lights On? by geezynoni: 10:46pm On Sep 25, 2023
I'm hybrid. I can sleep with either.
Re: Who Else Can't Sleep With The Lights On? by folake4u(f): 10:46pm On Sep 25, 2023
I like my room dark all day, all night except if I dey find my money. grin

I CANNOT SLEEP with lights on.

Currently typing with the lights turned off.

2 Likes

Re: Who Else Can't Sleep With The Lights On? by dododawa1: 10:47pm On Sep 25, 2023
Ijegun lkotun and abaranje Lagos State Nigeria are DARKNESS den

2 Likes

Re: Who Else Can't Sleep With The Lights On? by whitejs: 10:47pm On Sep 25, 2023
Stillalive:
Perks of adulthood
You worry too much to the point that any little distraction steals your peace

What's the solution or tips to stop worrying too much?
Re: Who Else Can't Sleep With The Lights On? by Abdulsaddiq: 10:47pm On Sep 25, 2023
What if sleep catch you for afternoon? You go off sun or what!!
Re: Who Else Can't Sleep With The Lights On? by SweetDipBenny(m): 10:47pm On Sep 25, 2023
Can't even remember d last time i slept wit d light on.
Almost never...
Re: Who Else Can't Sleep With The Lights On? by Olat4421: 10:48pm On Sep 25, 2023
Am one of them I just can’t enjoy my sleep when d light 💡 is on, even tonight my brother still complain y I off d light. I explain to him dat d light Dey enter my eye
Re: Who Else Can't Sleep With The Lights On? by Goalnaldo(m): 10:54pm On Sep 25, 2023
Opanka44:
You're an Introvert
you are right 👍 but is that one of the ways knowing an introvert?

1 Like

Re: Who Else Can't Sleep With The Lights On? by sparko1(m): 10:59pm On Sep 25, 2023
Goalnaldo:
Growing up I had no problem sleeping with the light on but for the past six years or so I can't sleep with the lights on. Even if I'm feeling very sleepy, the moment they bring light, the sleep is gone!!

Yours is still good, in addition to light, I can't sleep with someone else on the same bed, if anyone touch me while sleeping, I wake immediately.

2 Likes

Re: Who Else Can't Sleep With The Lights On? by Greystone: 11:00pm On Sep 25, 2023
I’m photophobic. I wear prescription photochromic eyeglasses, my car is completely tinted, I use dark colored light in my house.
I can’t stand bright light. Gives me migraines.

2 Likes

Re: Who Else Can't Sleep With The Lights On? by 18wheeler: 11:00pm On Sep 25, 2023
Light or no light. I sleep when it’s time. The way I love sleep… nothing stops it when I’m in the sleep mode

1 Like

Re: Who Else Can't Sleep With The Lights On? by Brandiebird: 11:01pm On Sep 25, 2023
BoldBrainz:
Na wicked people dey sleep with lights on grin. Wetin you dey fear for darkness?

My brain will play tricks on me and I will see dark figures and things moving! It’s scary 😭😭😭

2 Likes

Re: Who Else Can't Sleep With The Lights On? by Brandiebird: 11:02pm On Sep 25, 2023
CandidAdmin:
As a child, normally I'd sleep with the lights off but that thing stopped as a teenager. I still wonder what I feared. I can do both tho.

Question of the day - What exactly did we fear?

My siggy!

Dark figures moving in the dark 😭😭😭

2 Likes

Re: Who Else Can't Sleep With The Lights On? by winner37(m): 11:06pm On Sep 25, 2023
I hate when light is ON ..

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

8 Usual Habits That Are Dangerous For Your Brain / Medical Facts Picture Series / Hen Laying Egg On Hospital Bed In Imo - Facebook User Shares Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.