Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,248 members, 7,818,846 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:32 AM

Ahmadu Bello University Newly Proposed School Fees For PG Students (photos) - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Ahmadu Bello University Newly Proposed School Fees For PG Students (photos) (42233 Views)

Gaboon Viper Killed By University Of Ibadan 400L Agriculture Students (Photos) / Halloween Costumes Of FUNAAB Microbiology Final Year Students (Photos) / Ahmadu Bello University Online MBA; A Mistake I Wish I Never Made (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ahmadu Bello University Newly Proposed School Fees For PG Students (photos) by ppogba: 9:53am On Sep 26, 2023
Typical Nigerian mentality.

Still looking for a cheap fees for pH.D

Oshofree no go kill una.

Why the noise on social media?

Is ph.d a must?

2 Likes

Re: Ahmadu Bello University Newly Proposed School Fees For PG Students (photos) by ambale(m): 9:54am On Sep 26, 2023
Tonnierichy:
This is serious

Y'all asked for better education, well it starts from here. Once you start paying the huge amounts, they'll be able to put lots of things in place. Get used to it.

All these cheap education that only attract insult from you people when you travel overseas is enough. It's time to face world class realities.

So na 450k go bring world class realities?

Some of us sha like to talk sha😄

1 Like

Re: Ahmadu Bello University Newly Proposed School Fees For PG Students (photos) by nairalanda1(m): 9:56am On Sep 26, 2023
NOwazobia:
For school that adds little to nothing direct economic value.

I always tell those around me, create a skill or a vocational education awareness in your child before even thinking of send him/her to the higher institutions.

My university degree is why I no longer depend on my parents for my day to day needs.
Re: Ahmadu Bello University Newly Proposed School Fees For PG Students (photos) by dallyemmy: 9:57am On Sep 26, 2023
Zupay:
Truth is that N409, 625 for fees is not much for a PhD program.
Kindly assist him if you can.

1 Like

Re: Ahmadu Bello University Newly Proposed School Fees For PG Students (photos) by nairalanda1(m): 9:58am On Sep 26, 2023
ambale:

The guy is telling the truth, and you know it.

The harsh truth is that our universites are bad because they are poorly funded, and fees are one way to pay for the funding.

Even all those countries that offer free education, na from heavy duty taxes....half the income of the citizens, that is why they can afford free education.

And don't bring that 'we are an oil rich country' nansense. Our income from oil is enough for a country of ten million, not 200 million plus people. Before the corruption and looting starts.

2 Likes

Re: Ahmadu Bello University Newly Proposed School Fees For PG Students (photos) by Papayaayasager(m): 9:59am On Sep 26, 2023
Pay all this money and no job?
Re: Ahmadu Bello University Newly Proposed School Fees For PG Students (photos) by nairalanda1(m): 9:59am On Sep 26, 2023
ppogba:
Typical Nigerian mentality.

Still looking for a cheap fees for pH.D

Oshofree no go kill una.

Why the noise on social media?

Is ph.d a must?

You are very right, but unfortunately, for some types of jobs, phd is a must.
Re: Ahmadu Bello University Newly Proposed School Fees For PG Students (photos) by wittywriter: 10:00am On Sep 26, 2023
darling4242:
Sometimes if you reason it in another way, imagine if you gather all this money and start up a business 😏 it will pay than graduating without a job
Lolz

Wittyness
Re: Ahmadu Bello University Newly Proposed School Fees For PG Students (photos) by OGHENAOGIE(m): 10:01am On Sep 26, 2023
Zupay:
Truth is that N409, 625 for fees is not much for a PhD program. Me whey go Kenya go do another 3 years bachelors degree, I was hustling and paying an equivalent of $540 per trimester as at 2017 and we had 3 trimesters in a year.......My UK one year Masters no be £13,700 I pay?
private firms and Rich individuals should begin to give scholarships to people.. the ones pple apply for abroad are sponsored by people individuals and private firms...
Re: Ahmadu Bello University Newly Proposed School Fees For PG Students (photos) by Enskynelson(m): 10:02am On Sep 26, 2023
😂
Some people even believe what the government said, that Nigerian Universities are tuition- free. Hahahahaha
Re: Ahmadu Bello University Newly Proposed School Fees For PG Students (photos) by OGHENAOGIE(m): 10:03am On Sep 26, 2023
nairalanda1:

You are very right, but unfortunately, for some types of jobs, phd is a must.
how many jobs u need PhD for?? Except u are in academics or just for self actualization PhD isn't a must

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ahmadu Bello University Newly Proposed School Fees For PG Students (photos) by fergie001: 10:03am On Sep 26, 2023
I no kuku complete PhD be that nah;
Re: Ahmadu Bello University Newly Proposed School Fees For PG Students (photos) by ambale(m): 10:03am On Sep 26, 2023
nairalanda1:

The guy is telling the truth, and you know it.

The harsh truth is that our universites are bad because they are poorly funded, and fees are one way to pay for the funding.

Even all those countries that offer free education, na from heavy duty taxes....half the income of the citizens, that is why they can afford free education.

And don't bring that 'we are an oil rich country' nansense. Our income from oil is enough for a country of ten million, not 200 million plus people. Before the corruption and looting starts.

Baba i know what im saying here, Did you see or hear anywhere that the school intends to improve their facilities with the new funds, the increase is simply because expenses has increased for them

Lets not deceive ourselves, all these guys no rate us as people at all

Im sure in the next few years we would still talk about decay of infrastructures in our institutions

The one buhari squandered for 8 years nko?
Re: Ahmadu Bello University Newly Proposed School Fees For PG Students (photos) by Judolisco(m): 10:08am On Sep 26, 2023
BOSSkesh:
Hmmm
But This is for a phd program na
read it na... Pgd, msc and phd
Re: Ahmadu Bello University Newly Proposed School Fees For PG Students (photos) by Tonnierichy(m): 10:08am On Sep 26, 2023
ambale:

Okay you would rather they take it to 1m at once?

Ordinary 450k, una don dey cry.
Re: Ahmadu Bello University Newly Proposed School Fees For PG Students (photos) by Judolisco(m): 10:09am On Sep 26, 2023
fergie001:
baba... After msc like dis... Ino dey do again...
Re: Ahmadu Bello University Newly Proposed School Fees For PG Students (photos) by benjaminlawson(m): 10:11am On Sep 26, 2023
Tonnierichy:
This is serious

Y'all asked for better education, well it starts from here. Once you start paying the huge amounts, they'll be able to put lots of things in place. Get used to it.

All these cheap education that only attract insult from you people when you travel overseas is enough. It's time to face world class realities.

Please forget the so called world class realities, in Nigeria let it be known to you that our problem is not funding, the little one is enough to run our higher institutions, but corruption is our bane. Let the visitation panels report be released, you will see how our so called CVs squandered the money allocated to them. Let any CV that is clean open their financial records to ICPC or EFCC and evaluate their financial performance. Even if students are made to pay more, all of it will be embedded, let all known that.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ahmadu Bello University Newly Proposed School Fees For PG Students (photos) by cucumbar: 10:16am On Sep 26, 2023
Emir8:
I'm in faculty of education. I paid 122, 000 naira for school fees and 33, 000 for miscellaneous charges last session for PhD program. That is 155,000 in total. Now I will have to pay 409, 625. I'm really depressed. This is too much.
Sebi you vote Muslim-Muslim . Just pay it in peace. Don’t complain. You reap what you sow.
Re: Ahmadu Bello University Newly Proposed School Fees For PG Students (photos) by Tonnierichy(m): 10:22am On Sep 26, 2023
benjaminlawson:

Please forget the so called world class realities, in Nigeria let it be known to you that our problem is not funding, the little one is enough to run our higher institutions, but corruption is our bane. Let the visitation panels report be released, you will see how our so called CVs squandered the money allocated to them. Let any CV that is clean open their financial records to ICPC or EFCC and evaluate their financial performance. Even if students are made to pay more, all of it will be embedded, let all known that.
I understand what you are saying, but saying that the amount being spent on education is enough? Cm'n that's a joke right? It is common knowledge that are our learning institutions are being largely underfunded.

This is not to say the VCs and their accomplises are not guilty as charged but the funding is still far from being enough. Even the lecturers are poorly paid.

On the flip side, I do think the government need to take the pressure off Universities by rejuvenating our technical institutions, and even build more ultra modern such institutions.

Everyone wanna attend a University when they could turn out better if they attend a technical school, where they can teach them to hone their natural skills.

If we can achieve this, it'll help every stakeholder a lot better. The whole thing get as e be.
Re: Ahmadu Bello University Newly Proposed School Fees For PG Students (photos) by RepoMan007: 10:23am On Sep 26, 2023
Tonnierichy:
This is serious

I hope world class realities and fee is matched with world class justice when lecturer asks girl to "see me in the office"?
Re: Ahmadu Bello University Newly Proposed School Fees For PG Students (photos) by RepoMan007: 10:31am On Sep 26, 2023
Tonnierichy:

I understand what you are saying, but saying that the amount being spent on education is enough? Cm'n that's a joke right? It is common knowledge that are our learning institutions are being largely underfunded.

This is not to say the VCs and their accomplises are not guilty as charged but the funding is still far from being enough. Even the lecturers are poorly paid.

On the flip side, I do think the government need to take the pressure off Universities by rejuvenating our technical institutions, and even build more ultra modern such institutions.

Everyone wanna attend a University when they could turn out better if they attend a technical school, where they can teach them to hone their natural skills.

If we can achieve this, it'll help every stakeholder a lot better. The whole thing get as e be.
You made strong points but so did the person you replied to. It is not up to a month now we read how a BDC operator was fingered in scheme where VCs of federal institutions were paying N2m each to I think senate or reps.
Re: Ahmadu Bello University Newly Proposed School Fees For PG Students (photos) by Tonnierichy(m): 10:32am On Sep 26, 2023
RepoMan007:
I hope world class realities and fee is matched with world class justice when lecturer asks girl to "see me in the office"?
Lol. I hope so too.

It's an issue student bodies have to really work on. We might have to introduce new technologies and launch a big campaign to fish out those useless lecturers involved in all those nefarious acts.

If Lecturers can sit tight, even students will take their study seriously

Given the chance, I'll also help review the processes of recalling exam scripts, and make it faster and less frustrating. Lecturers, I'm sure, on the long run, will resort to intentionally failing students in an attempt to revenge trashing them in the waste bin.

Werey ni everybody for this country.
Re: Ahmadu Bello University Newly Proposed School Fees For PG Students (photos) by FavoredbyGOD: 10:33am On Sep 26, 2023
fergie001:

Why
Re: Ahmadu Bello University Newly Proposed School Fees For PG Students (photos) by ChybuzzDD(m): 10:37am On Sep 26, 2023
nairalanda1:
The harsh truth is that our universites are broke and broke and broke.

The harsh truth also is that even with the fee increase, that is still chicken change.

Whenever ASUU goes on strike, everyone tells them to shut up and go back to work. So they do. Meanwhile the university system remains cash strapped.

In 2009, Government made a promise. By 2013, Government was saying they could not keep that promise. At the end, universites remain cash strapped.

If we want FIRST CLASS UNIVERSITES...we have to pay FIRST CLASS FEES.

Heck, the then VC of ABU in 2018 made a speech where he pointed out that his overheads for the university were N600million. Government was giving him 120million of the funds needed. Where was he going to find the rest of the money?

P.S : ABU is a very large university by landmass and space. Visit the place, and you will see why their VC has to raise fees to find money for the place.

Always crawling from one post to another, defending rubbish!

How far about the petrol subsidy removal and naira floating you vehemently, albeit, ignorantly defended then

Hope Nigeria is currently faring better with them?

1 Like

Re: Ahmadu Bello University Newly Proposed School Fees For PG Students (photos) by Cj4charles(m): 10:38am On Sep 26, 2023
Tonnierichy:
This is serious

Una go explain tire🤣🤣🤣
Re: Ahmadu Bello University Newly Proposed School Fees For PG Students (photos) by Tonnierichy(m): 10:40am On Sep 26, 2023
RepoMan007:
You made strong points but so did the person you replied to. It is not up to a month now we read how a BDC operator was fingered in scheme where VCs of federal institutions were paying N2m each to I think senate or reps.
The issue of corruption in Nigeria is given. Every institution is corrupt. Even I, a strong-willed person is overwhelmed and tired.

There's serious and obvious corruption in virtually all sectors in Nigeria. Places you can't even imagine to meet corruption, you'll find it there.

Some of us who feel we are smart still get scammed in some situations just because we don't expect the other parties involved in whatever we are doing to be corrupt.

So in Nigeria now, you have to assume everyone you meet is a criminal until proven innocent. So saying VCs are corrupt, to me, is like saying Governors are corrupt.

I can't even stop for a second to consider defending them on such allegations. They are political appointees so.....
Re: Ahmadu Bello University Newly Proposed School Fees For PG Students (photos) by Realist777: 10:41am On Sep 26, 2023
kingi777:
It's truly unfortunate for students that cannot affrd the school fees but in earnest, ABU is considerate here considering the cost of running the University eg payment of electricity bill, etc.
There was this time we were locked outside our room for using two hot plates simultaneously. As the leader in the room, I decided to go speak with the hostel administrative head. ( ABU lecturers respect leadership eh)
On getting to his office, he sat me down and started telling me how much the school pays for electricity monthly and how the bill was growing crazily as a result of the excessive use of hot plate. He said at time they did pay more than N100 million in a month, then I realized that running a university is not a child's play
Re: Ahmadu Bello University Newly Proposed School Fees For PG Students (photos) by Zupay: 10:41am On Sep 26, 2023
dallyemmy:
Kindly assist him if you can.

If he had not saved enough for his Doctorate from working with his Bachelors and Masters degrees certificates and still earning, then he has no business doing a PhD now.

Someone I know told me to help him with his PhD fees, someone who has not even earned one kobo from the Masters he has already done, I told him to go first earn with the Masters he has as I am also earning my daily bread with my own Masters.
Re: Ahmadu Bello University Newly Proposed School Fees For PG Students (photos) by Tonnierichy(m): 10:42am On Sep 26, 2023
Cj4charles:
Una go explain tire🤣🤣🤣
You the first to react to this post unintelligently. You are one of the many reasons subsidy should dissappear from education forever. We can't keep subsidizing education for people like you.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Teacher Shot By 6-year-Old With Gun In US Classroom / Jamb Introduces New Rules For All Jambites / The Bad And Good Experiences At Bowen University

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.