Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,265 members, 7,818,917 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:01 AM

Ahmadu Bello University Newly Proposed School Fees For PG Students (photos) - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Ahmadu Bello University Newly Proposed School Fees For PG Students (photos) (42234 Views)

Gaboon Viper Killed By University Of Ibadan 400L Agriculture Students (Photos) / Halloween Costumes Of FUNAAB Microbiology Final Year Students (Photos) / Ahmadu Bello University Online MBA; A Mistake I Wish I Never Made (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ahmadu Bello University Newly Proposed School Fees For PG Students (photos) by fergie001: 11:23am On Sep 26, 2023
FavoredbyGOD:
Why

Judolisco:
baba... After msc like dis... Ino dey do again...
I don be droput be dat nah.

I no get money
Re: Ahmadu Bello University Newly Proposed School Fees For PG Students (photos) by Yankee101: 11:37am On Sep 26, 2023
The percentage increase is outrageous
Re: Ahmadu Bello University Newly Proposed School Fees For PG Students (photos) by iampeterben(m): 11:52am On Sep 26, 2023
kingi777:
It's truly unfortunate for students that cannot affrd the school fees but in earnest, ABU is considerate here considering the cost of running the University eg payment of electricity bill etc.
It's only electricity bill all of you know. UNILAG lecturer has put it in you people's head. Government is just enriching their pockets nothing more. Think use your head and think.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ahmadu Bello University Newly Proposed School Fees For PG Students (photos) by bonnyhope: 11:53am On Sep 26, 2023
deewhydoski:
Thank God say I don finish my masters oo

What of your siblings and your upcoming children
Re: Ahmadu Bello University Newly Proposed School Fees For PG Students (photos) by bonnyhope: 11:56am On Sep 26, 2023
Jahwinaboy:
Foreigners pay less or what? Abi I no dey see well

Go wear ur glasses and come back
Re: Ahmadu Bello University Newly Proposed School Fees For PG Students (photos) by UnemployedGradu: 11:57am On Sep 26, 2023
Zupay:
Truth is that N409, 625 for fees is not much for a PhD program. Me whey go Kenya go do another 3 years bachelors degree, I was hustling and paying an equivalent of $540 per trimester as at 2017 and we had 3 trimesters in a year.......My UK one year Masters no be £13,700 I pay?
Sir semester or trimester?
Re: Ahmadu Bello University Newly Proposed School Fees For PG Students (photos) by gidjah(m): 11:57am On Sep 26, 2023
I am a stake hokder in education and can tell you students fees has a lot to do with upgrade of such school. The Govt releases funds ,yea right , but who are those managing the funds , who are the supervisors ?? Who elected the VC and d likes into power ??Once these listed are if questionable character ,it won end well.it all boils down to leadership from above down the slope.the private institutions who are doing superb like RCCG,WINNERS CU perform well majorly because the leadership are sound and loyal to the True cause Thier system represent. The CU mgt might not be super dooper but it has a high score on its score card and same goes
the Redeemers Uni. LEADERSHIP IS EVERYTHING.EVERYTHING RISES AND FALLS ON LEADERSHIP. We can begin to play our parts well as individuals,then we sail higher..
ADAMUdaCOWBOY:

You people are the main problem of Nigeria's educational system. Monies are pumped into universities courtesy of Tetfund and monies for NEEDS assessment projects are given in billions to universities, many projects are abandoned and the funds stolen. I have witnessed mismanagement of funds by consultants in connivance with University management, yet you feel it is the extra fees paid by these students that will be utilised? Small thing you will start comparing everything with UK. The management of British schools are not theives like ours.

1 Like

Re: Ahmadu Bello University Newly Proposed School Fees For PG Students (photos) by Zupay: 11:58am On Sep 26, 2023
UnemployedGradu:

Sir semester or trimester?

Trimester.
Re: Ahmadu Bello University Newly Proposed School Fees For PG Students (photos) by Simplemeeeee: 11:59am On Sep 26, 2023
Emir8:
I'm in faculty of education. I paid 122, 000 naira for school fees and 33, 000 for miscellaneous charges last session for PhD program. That is 155,000 in total. Now I will have to pay 409, 625. I'm really depressed. This is too much.

How is N409, 625 too much for a PhD student? I dont get it. This is very very cheap

1 Like

Re: Ahmadu Bello University Newly Proposed School Fees For PG Students (photos) by BinamRex: 11:59am On Sep 26, 2023
Tonnierichy:
This is serious

Y'all asked for better education, well it starts from here. Once you start paying the huge amounts, they'll be able to put lots of things in place. Get used to it.

All this cheap education that only attract insult from you people when you travel overseas is enough. It's time to face world class realities.

What are you saying? How many Nigerian households can afford this? 70 - 80% of Nigerians live in poverty.

I graduated from the university in 2014. My last tuition fee was 13,500. My monthly allowance wasn't enough to take care of my needs but I had to economize the little I was getting from my parents because I had 2 siblings at the university. Now, three siblings from a poor family will not be able to attend university at the same time. Two would have to defer their dreams and wait for one to graduate first.

Why is it that the poor are always the ones asked to make sacrifices for the country? They said there is no money, but have they reduced the cost of governance? If we can't enjoy subsidies on fuel and education, what are our benefits as citizens of a country that is blessed with abundant natural resources? Is it the cups of rice and 5k they gave some poor people in some states as palliative?

They say there is no money and that we have to endure tough times, but they keep driving big cars and giving themselves bonuses, allowances and other benefits.
Re: Ahmadu Bello University Newly Proposed School Fees For PG Students (photos) by nairalanda1(m): 12:00pm On Sep 26, 2023
gidjah:
Once we get leadership election or selection right , this matters you state here are simple to manage sir.We keep missing when we elect or select men with questionable characters , it's gonna get worst then...

Well, like I said, it isn't good leaders, also are we willing to accept hard choices?

Most of our problems come from mass welfare projects based on limited amounts of money.
Re: Ahmadu Bello University Newly Proposed School Fees For PG Students (photos) by BinamRex: 12:01pm On Sep 26, 2023
Tonnierichy:

And you had to call me stupid? You could just make your point and move on.

Your comment is actually stupid. That makes you exceedingly stupid
Re: Ahmadu Bello University Newly Proposed School Fees For PG Students (photos) by ufotunang: 12:06pm On Sep 26, 2023
kingi777:
It's truly unfortunate for students that cannot affrd the school fees but in earnest, ABU is considerate here considering the cost of running the University eg payment of electricity bill etc.
...abi... that is the renewed shege tinubu is offering nigerians...it's a pity
Re: Ahmadu Bello University Newly Proposed School Fees For PG Students (photos) by ufotunang: 12:08pm On Sep 26, 2023
APC and Tinubu just to put hardship on nigerians they know... what has nigerians ever benefited from APC sef?
Re: Ahmadu Bello University Newly Proposed School Fees For PG Students (photos) by ufotunang: 12:11pm On Sep 26, 2023
PDP administration, time was good in nigeria,. nigerians were not going through much hardship... school fees were cheap during PDP time
Re: Ahmadu Bello University Newly Proposed School Fees For PG Students (photos) by ufotunang: 12:12pm On Sep 26, 2023
You see vote for Peter obi you people did not want to vote for him...now see the renewed hope you voted for
Re: Ahmadu Bello University Newly Proposed School Fees For PG Students (photos) by UnemployedGradu: 12:12pm On Sep 26, 2023
Zupay:

Trimester.
$13,700. Omoh you get money oh. Which year you did masters? After graduation I don't have financial proceeds for masters abroad, am unemployed.
Re: Ahmadu Bello University Newly Proposed School Fees For PG Students (photos) by ambale(m): 12:13pm On Sep 26, 2023
nairalanda1:

So, the university should borrow money to pay for its expenses, eh?

You obviously have issues with comprehension

My question is this; is the hike meant to do all that you outlined?
Re: Ahmadu Bello University Newly Proposed School Fees For PG Students (photos) by ambale(m): 12:15pm On Sep 26, 2023
Tonnierichy:

Okay you would rather they take it to 1m at once?

Ordinary 450k, una don dey cry.

This one don dey mad, remain to dey off cloth

Is not about the increase, its about whether after paying you would get premium education and you already know the answer.
Re: Ahmadu Bello University Newly Proposed School Fees For PG Students (photos) by gidjah(m): 12:15pm On Sep 26, 2023
I got that.Bit I think Nigerians have been washed alongside this poverty mentality and coping skills.Oir leaders have learn to brainwash us then keep us as pets slave while they milk the nation dry.We have been trained more or less to 'manage", "cope with the little you get ,celebrate medicroty then always depend on welfare".This has been the reason we remain this impoverished both mentally and physically.But I sure know that when the nation begins to get very focused, Honest and loyal citizens as her leaders,the massies won't mind taking the bullets of hardsdhip for the moment just for the country to get back on the path of Glory. Do you notice the way and manner people supported BAT when he started this subsidy removal ?.. we were told it's for the betterment of the nation that Hospital will get equipped,schools will be well funded ...People started turning against the Administration when they noticed that the Politicians ain't sincere at all, they were collecting heavy allowances only for the poor to keep financing Thier extravagant life style ??
nairalanda1:

Well, like I said, it isn't good leaders, also are we willing to accept hard choices?

Most of our problems come from mass welfare projects based on limited amounts of money.
Re: Ahmadu Bello University Newly Proposed School Fees For PG Students (photos) by Zupay: 12:15pm On Sep 26, 2023
UnemployedGradu:
$13,700. Omoh you get money oh. Which year you did masters? After graduation I don't have financial proceeds for masters abroad, am unemployed.

It is in pounds not dollars for UK masters.

Started undergraduate degree in 2017, graduated 2020, entered UK for Msc in 2021 and finished 2022.
Re: Ahmadu Bello University Newly Proposed School Fees For PG Students (photos) by UnemployedGradu: 12:17pm On Sep 26, 2023
Zupay:

It is in pounds not dollars for UK masters.

Started undergraduate degree in 2017, graduated 2020, entered UK for Msc in 2021 and finished 2022.
please don't come back, Nigeria is in ruins oh.
Re: Ahmadu Bello University Newly Proposed School Fees For PG Students (photos) by deewhydoski(m): 12:18pm On Sep 26, 2023
bonnyhope:

What of your siblings and your upcoming children
For your information, all my siblings are graduate and I have done my best for them. If any of them want to further he/she will sponsor his/her self.

For my children, don't worry they aren't going to be train in Nigeria
Re: Ahmadu Bello University Newly Proposed School Fees For PG Students (photos) by Zupay: 12:21pm On Sep 26, 2023
UnemployedGradu:
please don't come back, Nigeria is in ruins oh.

Me whey don collect my 5 years UK skilled worker visa and getting married soon. I no go born and raise my children in Nigeria!
Re: Ahmadu Bello University Newly Proposed School Fees For PG Students (photos) by UnemployedGradu: 12:23pm On Sep 26, 2023
Zupay:

Me whey don collect my 5 years UK skilled worker visa and getting married soon. I no go born and raise my children in Nigeria!
Very Impressive, Nigeria's existence and Ideologies should go obsolete in your mindset. Marry oyibo abeg
Re: Ahmadu Bello University Newly Proposed School Fees For PG Students (photos) by mrdharkchild(m): 12:31pm On Sep 26, 2023
gidjah:
you shouted at an adult to SHUT UP !! that's demeaning on your ego, very UN African. I think you should apologize to him even if I can't find him replying you yet.

Ok
Re: Ahmadu Bello University Newly Proposed School Fees For PG Students (photos) by nairalanda1(m): 12:34pm On Sep 26, 2023
ambale:

You obviously have issues with comprehension

My question is this; is the hike meant to do all that you outlined?

Probably it would...but at the end, it won';t pay for everything.

Fees we think are high in Nigeria are chicken feed elsewhere. Yet we want our universites to be like foreign universites on fees that are chicken feed.
Re: Ahmadu Bello University Newly Proposed School Fees For PG Students (photos) by Jahwinaboy(m): 12:54pm On Sep 26, 2023
bonnyhope:

Go wear ur glasses and come back
OK sir. Noted
Re: Ahmadu Bello University Newly Proposed School Fees For PG Students (photos) by emapeteum(m): 12:55pm On Sep 26, 2023
SmartPolician:
This one na peanuts. Compare it to UK schools that charge £30,000 (#34 million) per annum.

If not for yeye government, why would anyone consider paying about £20k (#22 million) in tuition and they still tell you that they gave you mumu scholarship? undecided
So the UK citizens are paying the amount you quoted here? What is the earning power of Nigerians compared to those in the UK?
You simply quote fees paid by international students in the UK without proper research on your part just to justify the suffering Nigerians are going through at the hands of the so-called democratic government
Re: Ahmadu Bello University Newly Proposed School Fees For PG Students (photos) by maasoap(m): 12:56pm On Sep 26, 2023
Zupay:
I'm in faculty of education. I paid 122, 000 naira for school fees and 33, 000 for miscellaneous charges last session for PhD program. That is 155,000 in total. Now I will have to pay 409, 625. I'm really depressed. This is too much.
With no prospect of job at sight? Going into business is far better
Re: Ahmadu Bello University Newly Proposed School Fees For PG Students (photos) by Tonnierichy(m): 1:02pm On Sep 26, 2023
Fearyourcreator:

Lolzzz!
When we no dey value our own we no go wan pay ... problem with Africa is more of our mentality...
Some will say light day water dey bla bla... I will like se na free ... will you pay same amount you pay there for same service here... they won't ... God knows ... they know how much they pay mechanics for repair there but will come here not wanting to pay same ... I just laugh
They are all clowns

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Jamb Introduces New Rules For All Jambites / The Bad And Good Experiences At Bowen University / How I Found Out My Student Was My Nursery School Teacher –lecturer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.