Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,283 members, 7,836,259 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 12:58 AM

Viktor Sokolov Seen In Video After Ukraine Said It Killed Him - Foreign Affairs (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Viktor Sokolov Seen In Video After Ukraine Said It Killed Him (25812 Views)

Russia Death Merchant Viktor Bout Tells Trump To Flee To Russia For Safety (Pix) / "Merchant Of Death" & Arms Dealer Viktor Bout Joins Russian Parliament (Photos) / Viktor Bout: Russian "Merchant Of Death’ Swapped For Brittney Griner (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Viktor Sokolov Seen In Video After Ukraine Said It Killed Him by cornelboy(f): 4:42pm On Sep 28, 2023
PoliteActivist:

Another inane comment. If he orders his troops out, Zelensky will come to Russia to fight him, bah?
See they try apply logic to things na.

Who do you think is winning the war?
Re: Viktor Sokolov Seen In Video After Ukraine Said It Killed Him by PoliteActivist: 4:47pm On Sep 28, 2023
cornelboy:

See they try apply logic to things na.

Who do you think is winning the war?

I know Russia lost after Putin's minor military exercise (he refused to call it a war) went past one month without taking Kiev!
Re: Viktor Sokolov Seen In Video After Ukraine Said It Killed Him by cornelboy(f): 7:25pm On Sep 28, 2023
PoliteActivist:

I know Russia lost after Putin's minor military exercise (he refused to call it a war) went past one month without taking Kiev!
Is Putin winning or not?
Re: Viktor Sokolov Seen In Video After Ukraine Said It Killed Him by PoliteActivist: 9:05pm On Sep 28, 2023
cornelboy:

Is Putin winning or not?

Definitely a big NOT!
He lost the moment he invaded. Just before he invaded was his and Russia's highest prestige and intimidation value in the world. EVERYONE (including he himself) assumed he'd easily march in with overwhelming Russian military might (which we now know doesn't exist) and took Kiev!
Re: Viktor Sokolov Seen In Video After Ukraine Said It Killed Him by cornelboy(f): 9:19pm On Sep 28, 2023
PoliteActivist:

Definitely a big NOT!
He lost the moment he invaded. Just before he invaded was his and Russia's highest prestige and intimidation value in the world. EVERYONE (including he himself) assumed he'd easily march in with overwhelming Russian military might (which we now know doesn't exist) and took Kiev!
Lol. If he's not winning then why hasn't he ordered his troop out of Ukraine yet or surrender?
If indeed he's loosing the war, the US would want to crush Russia completely. So it doesn't matter whether he withdraw his troops or not.

The US has been the world superpower for a long time and done a lot evil across some part of Africa and Asia. You know about Libya right?

Russia and China are real game changer.
Re: Viktor Sokolov Seen In Video After Ukraine Said It Killed Him by PoliteActivist: 9:32pm On Sep 28, 2023
cornelboy:

Lol. If he's not winning then why hasn't he ordered his troop out of Ukraine yet or surrender?
If indeed he's loosing the war, the US would want to crush Russia completely. So it doesn't matter whether he withdraw his troops or not.

The US has been the world superpower for a long time and done a lot evil across some part of Africa and Asia. You know about Libya right?

Russia and China are real game changer.

Talking nonsense. Ever heard of such a thing as saving face. If there was a way he'd withdraw and still save face he'd do it.
US can't crush Russia without crushing themselves. That's why this war has no point whatsoever. US or NATO or anybody in the world CAN'T attack Russia without being destroyed. This is not the 60's!
Re: Viktor Sokolov Seen In Video After Ukraine Said It Killed Him by cornelboy(f): 10:33pm On Sep 28, 2023
PoliteActivist:

Talking nonsense. Ever heard of such a thing as saving face. If there was a way he'd withdraw and still save face he'd do it.
US can't crush Russia without crushing themselves. That's why this war has no point whatsoever. US or NATO or anybody in the world CAN'T attack Russia without being destroyed. This is not the 60's!
The war has no point but millions of dollars and lives have been wasted nonetheless. Okay lol

The only reason US and NATO can't war against Russia head on is because they fear Russia and what's it's capable of.

You think Putin is saving face? Well if that's true, we'll see where that will take him.
Re: Viktor Sokolov Seen In Video After Ukraine Said It Killed Him by PoliteActivist: 11:42pm On Sep 28, 2023
cornelboy:

The war has no point but millions of dollars and lives have been wasted nonetheless. Okay lol

The only reason US and NATO can't war against Russia head on is because they fear Russia and what's it's capable of.

You think Putin is saving face? Well if that's true, we'll see where that will take him.

The war is pointless on the Russian side. Nobody was about to invade Russia or attack Russia. With nuclear weapons they can destroy any part of the world FROM RUSSIA! They were perfectly safe. On the Ukrainian side they are defending their homeland. The war is far from pointless on their part
Re: Viktor Sokolov Seen In Video After Ukraine Said It Killed Him by cornelboy(f): 12:08am On Sep 29, 2023
PoliteActivist:

The war is pointless on the Russian side. Nobody was about to invade Russia or attack Russia. With nuclear weapons they can destroy any part of the world FROM RUSSIA! They were perfectly safe. On the Ukrainian side they are defending their homeland. The war is far from pointless on their part
I think the US don't want the war to end.
See baba na them sabi
Re: Viktor Sokolov Seen In Video After Ukraine Said It Killed Him by PoliteActivist: 1:39am On Sep 29, 2023
cornelboy:

I think the US don't want the war to end.
See baba na them sabi

Who is "US"?
You think US is like Russia with one-man dictatorship
(See below)

Re: Viktor Sokolov Seen In Video After Ukraine Said It Killed Him by cornelboy(f): 8:26am On Sep 29, 2023
PoliteActivist:

Who is "US"?
You think US is like Russia with one-man dictatorship
(See below)
It doesn't matter what type of government they have. If the people are happy with their leader, that's okay.

For example, the people of Niger are happy that military siezed power in their country.
Re: Viktor Sokolov Seen In Video After Ukraine Said It Killed Him by PoliteActivist: 9:34am On Sep 29, 2023
cornelboy:

It doesn't matter what type of government they have. If the people are happy with their leader, that's okay.

For example, the people of Niger are happy that military siezed power in their country.

Point is, there are different opposing interests that make up US. The president is not "US" - he can't even unilaterally fund the war. Neither is any one person or group "US". It is the opposite of Russia
Re: Viktor Sokolov Seen In Video After Ukraine Said It Killed Him by cornelboy(f): 11:39am On Sep 29, 2023
PoliteActivist:

Point is, there are different opposing interests that make up US. The president is not "US" - he can't even unilaterally fund the war. Neither is any one person or group "US". It is the opposite of Russia
I'm telling you that the form of government adopted doesn't matter.
Libya once had a dictator named Gaddafi and what he did in his country is way more better than everything our democratic leaders in Nigeria has done combined together.

The fact is that Russia has a government and the US has a government.

So what are you driving at exactly?
Re: Viktor Sokolov Seen In Video After Ukraine Said It Killed Him by PoliteActivist: 3:28pm On Sep 29, 2023
cornelboy:

Libya once had a dictator named Gaddafi and what he did in his country is way more better than everything our democratic leaders in Nigeria has done combined together.

No, what exactly are YOU driving at??
You posted: "US doesn't want the war to end". You were told you can't make such statement about US concerning the war (unlike Russia) because there is no one "US". You were told that even the president is not "US" because he doesn't control aid to Ukraine. You were further provided screenshots to prove these.

You then went off on a tangent about how people can choose any govt they wish! What has that to do with the discussion??!!
Re: Viktor Sokolov Seen In Video After Ukraine Said It Killed Him by Stoplying: 3:29pm On Sep 29, 2023
cornelboy:

It is hard to have discussions with Nigerians in important issues. Nigerians mostly don't follow logic, they follow emotions and dogma.

3 Likes

Re: Viktor Sokolov Seen In Video After Ukraine Said It Killed Him by cornelboy(f): 3:37pm On Sep 29, 2023
PoliteActivist:

No, what exactly are YOU driving at??
You posted: "US doesn't want the war to end". You were told you can't make such statement about US concerning the war (unlike Russia) because there is no one "US". You were told that even the president is not US because he doesn't control aid to Ukraine. You were further provided screenshots to prove these.

You then went off on a tangent about how people can choose any govt they wish! What has that to do with the discussion??!!
And I told you it doesn't matter whether the US have a dictatorship government or not. The fact is that they are fueling the war between Russia and Ukraine. Why should I care who made the decisions whether it's solely Biden or together with the congress?
Re: Viktor Sokolov Seen In Video After Ukraine Said It Killed Him by PoliteActivist: 3:53pm On Sep 29, 2023
cornelboy:

And I told you it doesn't matter whether the US have a dictatorship government or not. The fact is that they are fueling the war between Russia and Ukraine. Why should I care who made the decisions whether it's solely Biden or together with the congress?

Nope, this is your exact response: "It doesn't matter what type of government they have. If the people are happy with their leader, that's okay"
What has this statement to do with what you were just told: that the statement "US doesn't want the war to end" doesn't apply because no one is US including the president!
Re: Viktor Sokolov Seen In Video After Ukraine Said It Killed Him by cornelboy(f): 6:06pm On Sep 29, 2023
PoliteActivist:

Nope, this is your exact response: "It doesn't matter what type of government they have. If the people are happy with their leader, that's okay"
What has this statement to do with what you were just told: that the statement "US doesn't want the war to end" doesn't apply because no one is US including the president!
Okay when I said US, I didn't mean her citizens
Re: Viktor Sokolov Seen In Video After Ukraine Said It Killed Him by PoliteActivist: 8:19pm On Sep 29, 2023
cornelboy:

Okay when I said US, I didn't mean her citizens

No matter how you frame it, that statement simply doesn't apply in the case of US and Ukraine war. Even those who fund it are almost evenly divided about the war!
Re: Viktor Sokolov Seen In Video After Ukraine Said It Killed Him by cornelboy(f): 8:58pm On Sep 29, 2023
PoliteActivist:

No matter how you frame it, that statement simply doesn't apply in the case of US and Ukraine war. Even those who fund it are almost evenly divided about the war!
Nobody cares. The US government fund the war, that's the fact.

2 Likes

Re: Viktor Sokolov Seen In Video After Ukraine Said It Killed Him by PoliteActivist: 11:05pm On Sep 29, 2023
cornelboy:

Nobody cares. The US government fund the war, that's the fact.

Whether you care or not, the statement "US doesn't want the war to end" is untrue.
Even if you modify your statement to: "US GOVT doesn't want the war to end", it'd still not apply/ be untrue!
Re: Viktor Sokolov Seen In Video After Ukraine Said It Killed Him by cornelboy(f): 11:22pm On Sep 29, 2023
PoliteActivist:

Whether you care or not, the statement "US doesn't want the war to end" is untrue.
Even if you modify your statement to: "US GOVT doesn't want the war to end", it'd still not apply/ be untrue!
Yeah you're right, they are probably regretting their actions now or not but I think they have failed the Ukrainians. Did they even care for Ukraine in the first place lol? All they wanted was to bleed Russia with whatever means they have. How on earth would they think Ukraine could defeat Russia undecided

You think funding Ukraine and supplying them with weapons is what it means to stop the war?
This is like a war for dominance and world superpower.

Like I asked you earlier what are you driving at?
Re: Viktor Sokolov Seen In Video After Ukraine Said It Killed Him by PoliteActivist: 11:40pm On Sep 29, 2023
cornelboy:

Yeah you're right, they are probably regretting their actions now or not but I think they have failed the Ukrainians. Did they even care for Ukraine in the first place lol? All they wanted was to bleed Russia with whatever means they have. How on earth would they think Ukraine could defeat Russia undecided

You think funding Ukraine and supplying them with weapons is what it means to stop the war?
This is like a war for dominance and world superpower.

Like I asked you earlier what are you driving at?

You have gone off on a tangent again. You ought be asking yourself what you'er driving at.
We're discussing applicability of your statement, "US doesn't want the war to end", and you're all over the place.
One way the statement would apply is if you modify it to: "US military industrial complex doesn't want the war to end" - for obvious reasons: they're making a killing from it!
Re: Viktor Sokolov Seen In Video After Ukraine Said It Killed Him by cornelboy(f): 12:01am On Sep 30, 2023
PoliteActivist:

You have gone off on a tangent again. You ought be asking yourself what you'er driving at.
We're discussing applicability of your statement, "US doesn't want the war to end", and you're all over the place.
One way the statement would apply is if you modify it to: "US military industrial complex doesn't want the war to end" - for obvious reasons: they're making a killing from it!
Lol so the defence industries and US military can decide to involve in the war without the consent of the Congress and Biden? So how would they make a killing from it if the government didn't fund it?

So I wasn't wrong when I said the US government doesn't (didn't) want the war to end. I'm not really sure if they want it to stop now.

I think they have spent to much with little or no result lol
Re: Viktor Sokolov Seen In Video After Ukraine Said It Killed Him by PoliteActivist: 12:23am On Sep 30, 2023
cornelboy:

Lol so the defence industries and US military can decide to involve in the war without the consent of the Congress and Biden? So how would they make a killing from it if the government didn't fund it?

So I wasn't wrong when I said the US government doesn't (didn't) want the war to end. I'm not really sure if they want it to stop now.

I think they have spent to much with little or no result lol

Well, the military industrial complex is a VERY powerful lobby group, but they are neither the US people nor the US government. They are defense contractors who supply military weaponry and equipment - businesses whose sole motive is profit.
That profit is maximized when there are wars. It is they and only they who'd do anything to have the war continue!

Re: Viktor Sokolov Seen In Video After Ukraine Said It Killed Him by cornelboy(f): 7:17am On Sep 30, 2023
PoliteActivist:

Well, the military industrial complex is a VERY powerful lobby group, but they are neither the US people nor the US government. They are defense contractors who supply military weaponry and equipment - businesses whose sole motive is profit.
That profit is maximized when there are wars. It is they and only they who'd do anything to have the war continue!
Whether they were influenced by the military industrial complex or not, the US government intentionally fuelled the war. That's what I'm saying.
Zelensky could even have agreed to a peace treaty but he wanted to cut relation completely from Russia and depend on the US.
Re: Viktor Sokolov Seen In Video After Ukraine Said It Killed Him by cornelboy(f): 7:19am On Sep 30, 2023
Re: Viktor Sokolov Seen In Video After Ukraine Said It Killed Him by cornelboy(f): 7:38am On Sep 30, 2023
Re: Viktor Sokolov Seen In Video After Ukraine Said It Killed Him by PoliteActivist: 9:52pm On Oct 01, 2023
cornelboy:

Whether they were influenced by the military industrial complex or not, the US government intentionally fuelled the war. That's what I'm saying.
Zelensky could even have agreed to a peace treaty but he wanted to cut relation completely from Russia and depend on the US.

Na wa for you o. It's been shown to you in screenshots why the statement "US doesn't want the war to end" can't be right.
And even "US govt doesn't want the war to end" is still wrong because (as shown to you in screenshots) US congress - who are the ones that fund the war, are about evenly divided about the war. You can say what Russia wants about the war because Russia means Putin. Doesn't apply in the case of US!
Re: Viktor Sokolov Seen In Video After Ukraine Said It Killed Him by cornelboy(f): 10:03pm On Oct 01, 2023
PoliteActivist:

Na wa for you o. It's been shown to you in screenshots why the statement "US doesn't want the war to end" can't be right.
And even "US govt doesn't want the war to end" is still wrong because (as shown to you in screenshots) US congress - who are the ones that fund the war, are about evenly divided about the war. You can say what Russia wants about the war because Russia means Putin. Doesn't apply in the case of US!
That's none of my business. The fact is US evidently funded and supported Ukraine the war.
If they eventually stopped funding them and somehow stopped the war, I'd say something like "US stopped funding Ukraine or US stopped the war".
Re: Viktor Sokolov Seen In Video After Ukraine Said It Killed Him by PoliteActivist: 12:59am On Oct 02, 2023
cornelboy:

That's none of my business. The fact is US evidently funded and supported Ukraine the war.
If they eventually stopped funding them and somehow stopped the war, I'd say something like "US stopped funding Ukraine or US stopped the war".

Yes, you can say "US stopped funding the war"!!
Just as you can say right now "US is funding the war".
You can say what US is actually doing!!
BUT you can't say what US THINKS {"doesn't want the war to end"} as you can say about Russia, because there is no "US" in that regard!
Get it?
[/quote]
Re: Viktor Sokolov Seen In Video After Ukraine Said It Killed Him by cornelboy(f): 11:08am On Oct 02, 2023
PoliteActivist:

Yes, you can say "US stopped funding the war"!!
Just as you can say right now "US is funding the war".
You can say what US is actually doing!!
BUT you can't say what US THINKS {"doesn't want the war to end"} as you can say about Russia, because there is no "US" in that regard!
Get it?

The arguments and division among the Congress members is not my concern.

Their decision and actions at the end of the day is what is important. And the fact is the US has been supporting the war.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Chinese Carrier Sails Through Taiwan Strait Hours Before Biden - Xi Call / Nigerians "Voting" For Trump And Clinton In Port-Harcourt (Photo) / Nigerian Man Sentenced To Death By Hanging In Malaysia For Drug Trafficking

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.