Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,217 members, 7,836,058 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 08:03 PM

Viktor Sokolov Seen In Video After Ukraine Said It Killed Him - Foreign Affairs (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Viktor Sokolov Seen In Video After Ukraine Said It Killed Him (25810 Views)

Russia Death Merchant Viktor Bout Tells Trump To Flee To Russia For Safety (Pix) / "Merchant Of Death" & Arms Dealer Viktor Bout Joins Russian Parliament (Photos) / Viktor Bout: Russian "Merchant Of Death’ Swapped For Brittney Griner (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Viktor Sokolov Seen In Video After Ukraine Said It Killed Him by PoliteActivist: 2:47pm On Oct 02, 2023
cornelboy:

The arguments and division among the Congress members is not my concern.

Their decision and actions at the end of the day is what is important. And the fact is the US has been supporting the war.

Bottom line: you can say what US does but you can't say what US thinks because no individual or unanimous group is synonymous with "US". You can say what Russia thinks because Russia is synonymous with Putin.
I'm sure now you get it!
Re: Viktor Sokolov Seen In Video After Ukraine Said It Killed Him by cornelboy(f): 9:41pm On Oct 02, 2023
PoliteActivist:

Bottom line: you can say what US does but you can't say what US thinks because no individual or unanimous group is synonymous with "US". You can say what Russia thinks because Russia is synonymous with Putin.
I'm sure now you get it!
See I get your point. You're the one not getting mine.
I know that the Congress members have to debate, vote and all that but their final decision is what that's important.
So when the majority of the members agrees to fund Ukraine, I can say the US funds Ukraine.
If the majority eventually decides to stop funding Ukraine, I can equally say the US stopped funding Ukraine.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Viktor Sokolov Seen In Video After Ukraine Said It Killed Him by PoliteActivist: 12:31am On Oct 03, 2023
cornelboy:

See I get your point. You're the one not getting mine.
I know that the Congress members have to debate, vote and all that but their final decision is what that's important.
So when the majority of the members agrees to fund Ukraine, I can say the US funds Ukraine.
If the majority eventually decides to stop funding Ukraine, I can equally say the US stopped funding Ukraine.

You obviously didn't read my posts.
Here they are again below.
Please read them carefully

Re: Viktor Sokolov Seen In Video After Ukraine Said It Killed Him by Pandar01: 10:42am On Oct 03, 2023
Karnice600:

Prove has only one ‘o’ in it, Omo Iya mi. Abi you go say that wan too na curse I curse you?

Now look at yourself, just in a bid to insult me , you clearly show how uneducated you are .

Don't teach where you ought to learn..go show that to someone more enlightened to put you through.

Thank God for social media, you would have disgraced yourself publicly.
Re: Viktor Sokolov Seen In Video After Ukraine Said It Killed Him by cornelboy(f): 4:45pm On Oct 03, 2023
PoliteActivist:

You obviously didn't read my posts.
Here they are again below.
Please read them carefully
Since you don't get my point no problem.
Re: Viktor Sokolov Seen In Video After Ukraine Said It Killed Him by PoliteActivist: 5:12pm On Oct 03, 2023
cornelboy:

Since you don't get my point no problem.

I totally get your point, and you get mine. You just don't want to admit you lost the argument.
Simple: you can say: "US is funding the war" BUT you can't say "US doesn't want the war to end" because that would be about what US THINKS! And there is no "US" in that regard!
You can say "Russia doesn't want the war to end" because that'd be about what PUTIN thinks!
Re: Viktor Sokolov Seen In Video After Ukraine Said It Killed Him by cornelboy(f): 5:30pm On Oct 03, 2023
PoliteActivist:

I totally get your point, and you get mine. You just don't want to admit you lost the argument.
Simple: you can say: "US is funding the war" BUT you can't say "US doesn't want the war to end" because that would be about what US THINKS! And there is no "US" in that regard!
You can say "Russia doesn't want the war to end" because that'd be about what PUTIN thinks!
I already agreed with you that was why I said I got your point.

I'm only trying to show you that I'm not wrong too.

Actually you're wrong because, the US government represents the US. And whatever decision they make in the Congress and signed by Biden, that's what holds.
If I can say "the US is funding the war" I can also say "the US doesn't want the war to end".
Re: Viktor Sokolov Seen In Video After Ukraine Said It Killed Him by PoliteActivist: 2:56am On Oct 04, 2023
cornelboy:

I already agreed with you that was why I said I got your point.

I'm only trying to show you that I'm not wrong too.

Actually you're wrong because, the US government represents the US. And whatever decision they make in the Congress and signed by Biden, that's what holds.
If I can say "the US is funding the war" I can also say "the US doesn't want the war to end".

Which brings us back to square one - yet you say you get my point!
So, sir, in this particular case we are discussing, explain to us who or what entity is the "US" that doesn't want the war to end (considering you've been shown screenshots that those who fund the war are about evenly divided about it!)
Re: Viktor Sokolov Seen In Video After Ukraine Said It Killed Him by cornelboy(f): 10:54am On Oct 04, 2023
PoliteActivist:

Which brings us back to square one - yet you say you get my point!
So, sir, in this particular case we are discussing, explain to us who or what entity is the "US" that doesn't want the war to end (considering you've been shown screenshots that those who fund the war are about evenly divided about it!)
The form of government they use doesn't matter. The votes and opinions of the minority in the Congress doesn't matter too.
What matters is their decision of the majority at the end of the day.
So it doesn't matter if some few people are against funding the war. The fact is US funds Ukraine in the war against Russia.
Re: Viktor Sokolov Seen In Video After Ukraine Said It Killed Him by PoliteActivist: 12:37pm On Oct 04, 2023
cornelboy:

The form of government they use doesn't matter. The votes and opinions of the minority in the Congress doesn't matter too.
What matters is their decision of the majority at the end of the day.
So it doesn't matter if some few people are against funding the war. The fact is US funds Ukraine in the war against Russia.

And that's why you can say: "US funds the war" , while the statement "US loves this war" is nonsensical. One would think that's obvious! Nothing people no go argue on Nairaland.
Re: Viktor Sokolov Seen In Video After Ukraine Said It Killed Him by cornelboy(f): 12:54pm On Oct 04, 2023
PoliteActivist:

And that's why you can say: "US funds the war" , while the statement "US loves this war" is nonsensical. One would think that's obvious! Nothing people no go argue on Nairaland.
I never said US loves the war. They might not love it but yeah they are supporting the war for their self interest.
Na you dé argue wetin you no suppose argue.
Re: Viktor Sokolov Seen In Video After Ukraine Said It Killed Him by PoliteActivist: 1:28pm On Oct 04, 2023
cornelboy:

I never said US loves the war. They might not love it but yeah they are supporting the war for their self interest.
Na you dé argue wetin you no suppose argue.

"Loves the war" is same as "Doesn't want the war to end". Both are commentary on what this your non-existent "US" thinks. Both are nonsensical statements
Re: Viktor Sokolov Seen In Video After Ukraine Said It Killed Him by cornelboy(f): 2:35pm On Oct 04, 2023
PoliteActivist:

"Loves the war" is same as "Doesn't want the war to end". Both are commentary on what this your non-existent "US" thinks. Both are nonsensical statements
Whatever interpretation you give to it is up to you. And we don't have to agree with each other smiley
Re: Viktor Sokolov Seen In Video After Ukraine Said It Killed Him by PoliteActivist: 5:08pm On Oct 04, 2023
cornelboy:

Whatever interpretation you give to it is up to you. And we don't have to agree with each other smiley

There's nothing to agree about. Simple: You can say what US DOES about the war, but you can't say what US THINKS about the war because there is no individual or nearly unanimous group that is "US" about the war.
You can say both what Russia does and thinks about the war because, concerning the war, Russia is Putin.
Re: Viktor Sokolov Seen In Video After Ukraine Said It Killed Him by cornelboy(f): 5:25pm On Oct 04, 2023
PoliteActivist:

There's nothing to agree about. Simple: You can say what US DOES about the war, but you can't say what US THINKS about the war because there is no individual or nearly unanimous group that is "US" about the war.
You can say both what Russia does and thinks about the war because, concerning the war, Russia is Putin.
I didn't say US thought or thinks
Re: Viktor Sokolov Seen In Video After Ukraine Said It Killed Him by PoliteActivist: 6:12pm On Oct 04, 2023
cornelboy:

I didn't say US thought or thinks

Same thing. "US doesn't want the war to end" points to what US thinks.
Re: Viktor Sokolov Seen In Video After Ukraine Said It Killed Him by cornelboy(f): 10:27pm On Oct 04, 2023
PoliteActivist:

Same thing. "US doesn't want the war to end" points to what US thinks.
Baba if they didn't want the war they wouldn't have funded it in the first place. They would have created room for peace treaty talk
Re: Viktor Sokolov Seen In Video After Ukraine Said It Killed Him by PoliteActivist: 10:36pm On Oct 04, 2023
cornelboy:

Baba if they didn't want the war they wouldn't have funded it in the first place. They would have created room for peace treaty talk

Back to square one! cheesy
There is no "they" that wants the war. The statement is nonsensical. It's like saying "Nigeria wants Islam"!
Re: Viktor Sokolov Seen In Video After Ukraine Said It Killed Him by cornelboy(f): 10:41pm On Oct 04, 2023
PoliteActivist:

Back to square one! cheesy
There is no "they" that wants the war. The statement is nonsensical. It's like saying "Nigeria wants Islam"!
Lol it's not about what the people want. It's about what the majority in the Congress and Biden decide.
Re: Viktor Sokolov Seen In Video After Ukraine Said It Killed Him by PoliteActivist: 11:34pm On Oct 04, 2023
cornelboy:

Lol it's not about what the people want. It's about what the majority in the Congress and Biden decide.

That's exactly why you were shown the screenshots ab initio! The Congress who funds the war is about evenly divided. So there is nothing synonymous with "US" that doesn't want the war to end. Same way there
is nothing synonymous with "Nigeria" that wants Islam!
Different if it were an overwhelming majority of congress or Nigeria.
Re: Viktor Sokolov Seen In Video After Ukraine Said It Killed Him by cornelboy(f): 12:49am On Oct 05, 2023
PoliteActivist:

That's exactly why you were shown the screenshots ab initio! The Congress who funds the war is about evenly divided. So there is nothing synonymous with "US" that doesn't want the war to end. Same way there
is nothing synonymous with "Nigeria" that wants Islam!
Different if it were an overwhelming majority of congress or Nigeria.
See I don't care about the members that don't support funding them. What they decided at the end of the was to fund the war. That is what I see.
If they stopped funding the war today, I would say "US has stopped funding the war".
Re: Viktor Sokolov Seen In Video After Ukraine Said It Killed Him by PoliteActivist: 12:59am On Oct 05, 2023
cornelboy:

See I don't care about the members that don't support funding them. What they decided at the end of the was to fund the war. That is what I see.
If they stopped funding the war today, I would say "US has stopped funding the war".

Going round in circles, lol. I've already said you can say that, just as you can say "US is funding the war". You just can’t say "US doesn't want the war to end"! Same reason you can't say "Nigeria wants Islam"!
Different if there were near unanimity!
Re: Viktor Sokolov Seen In Video After Ukraine Said It Killed Him by cornelboy(f): 2:54am On Oct 05, 2023
PoliteActivist:

Going round in circles, lol. I've already said you can say that, just as you can say "US is funding the war". You just can’t say "US doesn't want the war to end"! Same reason you can't say "Nigeria wants Islam"!
Different if there were near unanimity!
Guy you can't tell me what to say and what not to say.
Us supported Ukraine in the war, period!
If they funding Ukraine to fight against Russia, definitely US doesn't wanna end the war for their selfish interests.
Re: Viktor Sokolov Seen In Video After Ukraine Said It Killed Him by PoliteActivist: 3:26am On Oct 05, 2023
cornelboy:

Guy you can't tell me what to say and what not to say.
Us supported Ukraine in the war, period!
If they funding Ukraine to fight against Russia, definitely US doesn't wanna end the war for their selfish interests.

Oga, stop talking like a STUBBORN, STUPID, IGNORANT mumu! How can you say "US doesn't want the war to end" when about half of every relevant segment of US, including Congress itself, WANTS the war to end??!!
Don't make me call you to call you mumu!
Re: Viktor Sokolov Seen In Video After Ukraine Said It Killed Him by cornelboy(f): 5:46am On Oct 05, 2023
PoliteActivist:

Oga, stop talking like a STUBBORN, STUPID, IGNORANT mumu! How can you say "US doesn't want the war to end" when about half of every relevant segment of US, including Congress itself, WANTS the war to end??!!
Don't make me call you to call you mumu!
Oga calm down. Shey na must say make you win the argument. Just forget say I talk anything.

Since US are funding Ukraine, definitely it's not wrong to say US doesn't want the war to stop. Na common sense

They want the war to end by sending weapons and arms to Ukraine?
Re: Viktor Sokolov Seen In Video After Ukraine Said It Killed Him by PoliteActivist: 9:58am On Oct 05, 2023
cornelboy:

Oga calm down. Shey na must say make you win the argument. Just forget say I talk anything.

Since US are funding Ukraine, definitely it's not wrong to say US doesn't want the war to stop. Na common sense

They want the war to end by sending weapons and arms to Ukraine?

It's frustrating! I've given you all sorts of examples, screenshots, everything! You say you get my point, then go back to the same nonsense.
Can you say "Nigeria wants Islam"? No!!
Re: Viktor Sokolov Seen In Video After Ukraine Said It Killed Him by cornelboy(f): 10:29am On Oct 05, 2023
PoliteActivist:

It's frustrating! I've given you all sorts of examples, screenshots, everything! You say you get my point, then go back to the same nonsense.
Can you say "Nigeria wants Islam"? No!!
What I said wasn't wrong.
Re: Viktor Sokolov Seen In Video After Ukraine Said It Killed Him by PoliteActivist: 10:50am On Oct 05, 2023
cornelboy:

What I said wasn't wrong.

Yes it was! Just as wrong as "Nigeria wants Islam"!
Re: Viktor Sokolov Seen In Video After Ukraine Said It Killed Him by cornelboy(f): 11:43am On Oct 05, 2023
PoliteActivist:

Yes it was! Just as wrong as "Nigeria wants Islam"!
Na you think that way. So it's wrong to you but not to me.
Re: Viktor Sokolov Seen In Video After Ukraine Said It Killed Him by PoliteActivist: 12:34pm On Oct 05, 2023
cornelboy:

Na you think that way. So it's wrong to you but not to me.

It is simply wrong - just like 2+2=5!
Re: Viktor Sokolov Seen In Video After Ukraine Said It Killed Him by cornelboy(f): 8:59pm On Oct 05, 2023
PoliteActivist:

It is simply wrong - just like 2+2=5!
Says you. I'm not wrong.
Re: Viktor Sokolov Seen In Video After Ukraine Said It Killed Him by PoliteActivist: 11:54pm On Oct 05, 2023
cornelboy:

Says you. I'm not wrong.

Ok, if you and your father like meat, and your mother and two sisters don't like me, you can say your family doesn't like meat - and you'll be RIGHT!!
What a great genius you are, my boy!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Nigerians "Voting" For Trump And Clinton In Port-Harcourt (Photo) / Chinese Carrier Sails Through Taiwan Strait Hours Before Biden - Xi Call / Nigerian Man Sentenced To Death By Hanging In Malaysia For Drug Trafficking

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.