Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,195 members, 7,822,038 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 03:29 AM

Why Do Nigerian Women Prefer To Date Mostly Nigerian Or Black Men - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Do Nigerian Women Prefer To Date Mostly Nigerian Or Black Men (13790 Views)

Why Do Intelligent Black Men Prefer Their Women Looking Like This?(photos) / Reasons Why Nigerian Women Prefer Ghana Men / Why Do Women Prefer Uk/US Based Guys To Nigeria/africa Based Guys? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Nigerian Women Prefer To Date Mostly Nigerian Or Black Men by Taharka29(m): 9:19pm On Oct 19, 2011
Let me know your opinions on this topic thanks.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Women Prefer To Date Mostly Nigerian Or Black Men by InkedNerd(f): 9:21pm On Oct 19, 2011
I have no preference on nationality or ethnicity but I will say one thing though--it feels damn good to be in the arms of a black man kiss I've been with guys of different nationalities and various ethnicities so for me I don't see it as a big deal. I'm generally open minded at the prospects of being with someone who isn't Nigerian/African or black.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Women Prefer To Date Mostly Nigerian Or Black Men by NaJaHaJe(f): 9:22pm On Oct 19, 2011
There is just something about the naija man ,  It just turns me on  grin
Re: Why Do Nigerian Women Prefer To Date Mostly Nigerian Or Black Men by kokoye(m): 9:34pm On Oct 19, 2011
it's just what you are used to.

most Nigerians (myself included) are not adventurous
Re: Why Do Nigerian Women Prefer To Date Mostly Nigerian Or Black Men by bekay911(f): 9:39pm On Oct 19, 2011
Am proud of ma black race bros even doe der annoying  and stingy. I love dem unconditionally
Re: Why Do Nigerian Women Prefer To Date Mostly Nigerian Or Black Men by Nobody: 9:43pm On Oct 19, 2011
As a guy, I'm surrounded by whites and I've had my "fun" back in the day. But the truth is, on the real, I can't deceive myself.

I need me a good black woman, preferable Nigerian. She is the only one I can actually get married to and know that I'm not BSing myself.

Everyone is different.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Women Prefer To Date Mostly Nigerian Or Black Men by albridge(m): 10:29pm On Oct 19, 2011
it think its becos even though they are not perfect they know each other better and know what to expect from each other and can adjust to each other better, cool thats all
Re: Why Do Nigerian Women Prefer To Date Mostly Nigerian Or Black Men by lindabon: 11:38pm On Oct 19, 2011
i have unconditional love for my 9ja brothers, but contrary to OP, I don't date Nigerian or black guys compulsorily.
I guess there are exceptions to every rule though.
Most times, people just choose not to date outside what they are used to because they have "the fear of the unknown!!" or maybe they are not "open to diversity"!
Re: Why Do Nigerian Women Prefer To Date Mostly Nigerian Or Black Men by claremont(m): 11:47pm On Oct 19, 2011
I have always asked myself the exact same question; most Nigerian guys are attracted to white ladies and date/marry them, but most Nigerian ladies seem to forbid dating outside their own race. It's a riddle I still don't have an answer to, because even the supposedly widely travelled and exposed Nigerian ladies still prefer dating/marrying from within their race and culture.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Women Prefer To Date Mostly Nigerian Or Black Men by Jenifa1: 1:31am On Oct 20, 2011
claremont:

I have always asked myself the exact same question; most Nigerian guys are attracted to white ladies and date/marry them, but most Nigerian ladies seem to forbid dating outside their own race. It's a riddle I still don't have an answer to, because even the supposedly widely travelled and exposed Nigerian ladies still prefer dating/marrying from within their race and culture.

It means they are not as assimilated to the european/american culture.
even the guys are not very assimilated although they are more assimilated than the women.

dating for nigerian women is generally not as much about sex and companionship as it is for the men. and so d  women's criteria is much more higher. cultural compatibility is higher on the women's list than the men's.

women are the keepers of culture for a reason.
but of course that culture will be weak if the men tend to be absent
and it will not even exist at all if the women are absent.

one thing I notice though is that religion/church is usually the nucleus of the nigerian community abroad.
this makes sense and is the reason why muslim men are least likely to marry foreigners ex somali, hausa, arabs.
same with born again Nigerian men (although they are rare lol). the religion keeps them grounded in their culture.

one way you can tell if a nigerian woman is assimilated to the foreign culture is if most of her friends are oyinbo. then she will be fine with dating an oyinbo. in fact, you will most likely see her dating an oyinbo. since that will be the easier route to take.
but on the contrary, most nigerian girls prefer the company of their fellow nigerians.  grin and therefore they will also prefer the company of a nigerian boyfriend or husband.

it's mostly cultural preference/ lack of assimilation into the foreign culture.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerian Women Prefer To Date Mostly Nigerian Or Black Men by lailaiwala: 3:14am On Oct 20, 2011
Jenifa_:

It means they are not as assimilated to the european/american culture.
even the guys are not very assimilated although they are more assimilated than the women.

dating for nigerian women is generally not as much about sex and companionship as it is for the men. and so d  women's criteria is much more higher. cultural compatibility is higher on the women's list than the men's.

but of course that culture will be weak if the men tend to be absent
and it will not even exist at all if the women are absent.

one thing I notice though is that religion/church is usually the nucleus of the nigerian community abroad.
this makes sense and is the reason why muslim men are least likely to marry foreigners ex somali, hausa, arabs.
same with born again Nigerian men (although they are rare lol). the religion keeps them grounded in their culture.

one way you can tell if a nigerian woman is assimilated to the foreign culture is if most of her friends are oyinbo. then she will be fine with dating an oyinbo. in fact, you will most likely see her dating an oyinbo. since that will be the easier route to take.
but on the contrary, most nigerian girls prefer the company of their fellow nigerians.  grin and therefore they will also prefer the company of a nigerian boyfriend or husband.

it's mostly cultural preference/ lack of assimilation into the foreign culture.

you have diarrhea of the mouth, i swear. what a shower of shhiitt!

Inked_Nerd:

I have no preference on nationality or ethnicity but I will say one thing though--it feels damn good to be in the arms of a black man kiss I've been with guys of different nationalities and various ethnicities so for me I don't see it as a big deal. I'm generally open minded at the prospects of being with someone who isn't Nigerian/African or black.

you need to start charging. seriously, you sound like a real pro. a cheap one. shameless pig.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Women Prefer To Date Mostly Nigerian Or Black Men by Jenifa1: 3:39am On Oct 20, 2011
^ who let this chimpanzee out of the zoo?
Re: Why Do Nigerian Women Prefer To Date Mostly Nigerian Or Black Men by seedord247(m): 3:44am On Oct 20, 2011
Jenifa_:

^ who let this chimpanzee out of the zoo?

ask your President (Phd in Zoology) grin grin

@Op

why would they leave those endowed guy in every aspect of love.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Women Prefer To Date Mostly Nigerian Or Black Men by Jiah011(f): 4:25am On Oct 20, 2011
I think there are so many interesting types of men in the world. I don't see the need of Nigerian women limiting themselves to just black or Nigerian men, or even vice versa. I certainty won't. I am open to love and friendship, regardless of the color of the external.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Women Prefer To Date Mostly Nigerian Or Black Men by anonymous6(f): 5:10am On Oct 20, 2011
I think depending on what tribe you are counts because their are women of certain tribes that don't even marry outside their own tribe in Nigeria; regardless of whether they were exposed to other races of men and etc(exception Hausa's). I feel Culture is involved, indian women are the same way. As a Yoruba women I have noticed that majority of Yoruba women only date/marry Yoruba men, not other tribes, other Black men and etc. If they do it is small but when it comes to other tribes of Nigeria they tend to be more open at times into dating/marrying outside their culture/race and etc.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Women Prefer To Date Mostly Nigerian Or Black Men by Jenifa1: 5:29am On Oct 20, 2011
^ I agree with you.

Edo and south south women are most open to foreign husbands. followed by igbo
yoruba women are least open to foreign husbands.

you will also know that yoruba culture is stronger in general.

so yea there is a correlation there.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerian Women Prefer To Date Mostly Nigerian Or Black Men by claremont(m): 5:38am On Oct 20, 2011
Jenifa_:

^ I agree with you.

Edo and south south women are most open to foreign husbands. followed by igbo
yoruba women are least open to foreign husbands.

you will also know that [size=14pt]yoruba culture[/size] is stronger in general.

so yea there is a correlation there.

and nice point about Indians. it's the same with them. their culture is just too strong.
The Yorubas happen to be the most widely travelled tribe in Nigeria, yet they seem to be the tribe least likely to integrate with other cultures; it sounds ironical if you ask me. A Yoruba person can easily be identified anywhere in the world by their strong cultural affiliations e.g. accent, dress code, "loud" tone of voice in a public place e.t.c; some foreigners have even misconstrued the Yoruba accent/behaviour to be a typical Nigerian accent/behaviour.
The thing about this issue is that Nigerian men are also exposed to the same "strong cultural affiliations" the Nigerian women have been exposed to, yet the Nigerian men are still able to integrate easily with white ladies unlike Nigerian women. Culture may play a role, but I don't think it's the chief culprit IMHO.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerian Women Prefer To Date Mostly Nigerian Or Black Men by Jiah011(f): 5:57am On Oct 20, 2011
claremont:

The thing about this issue is that Nigerian men are also exposed to the same "strong cultural affiliations" the Nigerian women have been exposed to, yet the Nigerian men are still able to integrate easily with white ladies unlike Nigerian women. Culture may play a role, but I don't think it's the chief culprit IMHO.

I think it's black women in general. Many black women, including Africans (Nigerians too), have not been open to exploring outside of their ethnic/racial boundaries. Black men have done it for generations because they can get away with it, but women are not able to do so so easily. Relationships between white men, as the example you use being white women, and black women haven't been nurtured given the negative interaction between the two groups in the past. Yet this is changing, and black women and hopefully Nigerian women will see that there are more options, not limited to Nigerian/ Black men, but others. And not even white men, but other races included.

But of course this topic is centered mostly for those living abroad. Those in Nigeria are mostly focused on worries concerning tribal/cultural group.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Women Prefer To Date Mostly Nigerian Or Black Men by Nayah(f): 8:51am On Oct 20, 2011
Good morning poster I think it's about choice and close culture, even if being with your brother doesn't automatically mean happiness
Re: Why Do Nigerian Women Prefer To Date Mostly Nigerian Or Black Men by GhenGhen: 8:54am On Oct 20, 2011
@ Poster, the same reason Nigerian men prefer to date Nigerian or Black Ladies.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Women Prefer To Date Mostly Nigerian Or Black Men by aromisaja(m): 9:00am On Oct 20, 2011
because some of them don,t want to flirt around with black boys after they married a white guy that don,t give them what they want in bad where i live in europe most of black girls that married white man still have a black boy that she visit once in a while
Re: Why Do Nigerian Women Prefer To Date Mostly Nigerian Or Black Men by Nobody: 9:29am On Oct 20, 2011
I respect all opinions here but the truth is what I wanna tell now:

Men naturally are the ones to ask women out, the average Nigerian girl likes a foreigner, but they are waiting for the foreigner to ask them out, which doesnt come mostly. So they are stucked to Nigerian men that ask them out.

So Nigerian men ask any girl out, even foreigners so you can see the correlation.

NIGERIAN WOMEN DONT PREFER TO DATE NIGERIAN OR BLACK MEN, ITS ABOUT, WHO ASK YOU OUT.

QED

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerian Women Prefer To Date Mostly Nigerian Or Black Men by Nobody: 9:37am On Oct 20, 2011
I really find it hard dating someone who is not black. I guess once you go black, you never go back. tongue

The same thing applies to the white chicks too. Once they have dated a black guy, they never wanna go back to dating a white guy. Only God knows why. grin grin grin
Re: Why Do Nigerian Women Prefer To Date Mostly Nigerian Or Black Men by japhet2233: 9:48am On Oct 20, 2011
black men are the best we all know that the white are after divorce so if you want for better for worst stay with a black man thank u
Re: Why Do Nigerian Women Prefer To Date Mostly Nigerian Or Black Men by Nobody: 10:03am On Oct 20, 2011
This is a very interesting and thought provoking topic.

The reason is mostly cultural. If you look at the divorce rate amongst whites, it is astronimically high. We in Africa place a lot of value in marriage and being married, therefore divorce isn't really an option. A couple with similar cultures find it quite easy to blend together and flow.

Even with Nigerian couples living abroad, the woman knows it is her role to do domestic chores while the man has the responsibility of providing for the home: this mode has been dictated to us by our African culture. If its an Oyibo woman involved, she sees it as strange to do most domestic chores without the black husband's help. Hence conflicts arising from cultural differences is common.

All in all, the need for association with people of similar cultures tends to draw us to our own. Women are more traditional hence they feel the need to associate with their own people.
IMO.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Women Prefer To Date Mostly Nigerian Or Black Men by LongOne1(m): 10:11am On Oct 20, 2011
Jenifa_:

Interesting line of thought, but if women are keepers of culture, how do you explain the foreigners that our Naija brothers have converted to Naija babes in the way they speak and think?

@ Topic; it depends on how early they travelled abroad. If they travelled when they were very young and impressionable, then it would be easier for them to mix with foreigners i.e. adapt to new ways of doing thing/see things in a different light. Therefore, they could consider dating them.

However, if on the other hand, they travelled as mature individuals, it would be more difficult to adapt to these things, as they are no longer impressionable. With their minds fully formed, they would prefer what they know and what they are used to.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Women Prefer To Date Mostly Nigerian Or Black Men by Nobody: 10:15am On Oct 20, 2011
LeoMax:

I respect all opinions here but the truth is what I wanna tell now:

Men naturally are the ones to ask women out, the average Nigerian girl likes a foreigner, but they are waiting for the foreigner to ask them out, which doesnt come mostly. So they are stucked to Nigerian men that ask them out.

So Nigerian men ask any girl out, even foreigners so you can see the correlation.

NIGERIAN WOMEN DONT PREFER TO DATE NIGERIAN OR BLACK MEN, ITS ABOUT, WHO ASK YOU OUT.

QED

shocked shocked hmmmmm! A very good point o. Seems 97% true. Very good point indeed.

naijasexy:

I really find it hard dating someone who is not black. I guess once you go black, you never go back.  tongue

The same thing applies to the white chicks too. Once they have dated a black guy, they never wanna go back to dating a white guy. Only God knows why.  grin grin grin

cheesy grin grin I'm very sure its not only God that knows why. You also do. grin
Re: Why Do Nigerian Women Prefer To Date Mostly Nigerian Or Black Men by Creamish(f): 10:20am On Oct 20, 2011
A Nigerian man understands my culture better than any other race/nationality. As per colour, U can bleach urself white but if u were not born black, u cant b black. cool
Re: Why Do Nigerian Women Prefer To Date Mostly Nigerian Or Black Men by Idowuogbo(f): 10:29am On Oct 20, 2011
i jus luv my ChakaZulus d way dey are , soil brudas all d way
Re: Why Do Nigerian Women Prefer To Date Mostly Nigerian Or Black Men by iice(f): 10:46am On Oct 20, 2011
No preference actually. I've dated all sorts. So long as the bobo dey on my plane. . .
Re: Why Do Nigerian Women Prefer To Date Mostly Nigerian Or Black Men by MrsChima1(f): 11:00am On Oct 20, 2011
Nayah:

Good morning poster I think it's about choice and close culture, even if being with your brother doesn't automatically mean happiness

True.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Women Prefer To Date Mostly Nigerian Or Black Men by Nobody: 11:01am On Oct 20, 2011
This question sounds a little bit dumb.  undecided I mean who else would they prefer ain't it Nigeria or you're talking of somewhere else.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

The Usage Of Juju By Ladies To Control A Man/win His Love... / Only Married Men Ask Me Out! / Share Your NYSC Romance Experience

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.