Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,214 members, 7,829,354 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 04:20 AM

Why Do Most Nigerian Men Change Towards Their Wives After Having Kids - Family (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Do Most Nigerian Men Change Towards Their Wives After Having Kids (25765 Views)

Why Are some Men Neglected In Marriage By Their Wives After Having Kids? / As A Woman I Have Decided I'm Never Getting Married Or Having Kids / Why Do Men Lose Interest In Their Wives After Few Years In Marriage? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Change Towards Their Wives After Having Kids by Sleekfingers: 8:38pm On Sep 27, 2023
I have been married close to 20 years. And have three kids. And I haven't changed towards my wife. Still call her pet names. Take her out to watch movies, Dinner and our favourite spot.

5 Likes

Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Change Towards Their Wives After Having Kids by kiddkash(m): 9:08pm On Sep 27, 2023
Fountainofyouth:

What stops men from caring for the kids as much as their wives so that they will not feel left out or less loved?
Perhaps the connection between mothers and children during childbirth makes mothers more connected to the kids than she'd feel for the husband

1 Like

Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Change Towards Their Wives After Having Kids by maasoap(m): 10:06pm On Sep 27, 2023
Fountainofyouth:

It's the daftness for me, in your mind, you think you have made sense

So caring for the kids is a woman's job, later you below par boys will be yapping spittle about complaining that there are countless mothers day in a year, asking why children prefer their mothers, when the results of your negligence becomes glaring, you'd go on and conclude that women manipulate kids against fathers, your comment just proves the senselessness and thoughtlessness of most of you, no logic at all.

You think it is easy for a man who leaves home in the morning everyday in search of money to take care of the kids and wife and comes back in the evening to now start competing for the kids' affection
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Change Towards Their Wives After Having Kids by 1Sharon(f): 11:10pm On Sep 27, 2023
donbenie:
There's nothing like paternal instinct?
The vast majority of men that work their butts off, to put food on the table of that maternal instinct and her brood..
The vast majority of men that would die protecting their families from dangers..
Are doing it because you had a gun to their head?

Just proved my point. Why are you calling it 'her brood'? isn't the child yours as well?

You guys won't understand, it's instinct. Will you rather she ignored the child ni?
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Change Towards Their Wives After Having Kids by NastiLord: 11:33pm On Sep 27, 2023
Tayorshd87:

If a pretty woman asked you same question on Facebook will you say YES 😂😆😆

Marriage is overrated bro ..
I have never denied being married, never

1 Like

Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Change Towards Their Wives After Having Kids by grandstar(m): 3:41am On Sep 28, 2023
theInfinity:
Why actually are the reasons why men change towards their wives after having kids. Could it be that the unwritten contract between them and their wives has come to an end after she has put to birth or what exactly. At that moment, no more sweet name calling, no more petting. They now see their wives as rivals at home. What is the cause?

If the man sees nothing wrong in being adulterous, he may not care much about being affection to his wife.

For many, after marriage, the thrill of a single relationship is gone. Women too are guilty of this. They become fat and indifferent. That's the fastest way to destroy your home.
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Change Towards Their Wives After Having Kids by Aguiyimba(m): 5:28am On Sep 28, 2023
Real men don't change they love their wives more as each day passes
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Change Towards Their Wives After Having Kids by Nobody: 5:47am On Sep 28, 2023
Nazgul:

Exactly!

Most people in this category the op is referring to get married because they feel they're of age and therefore should be married, and not because they have found true love.

A vast number of them have zero romantic connection with their spouses. The marriage is just for having sex breeding kids. This is why they cheat without any form of conscience cos they see their marriage as a prison, and want some breathing space.

I'll say this and say it again and again. No spouse would get fed up and cheat on a partner he/she geninuely loves and respects.

If the only things a woman contributes in a marraige is her beauty, bed and kitchen skills, this will always happen to her. Men know women of rea value.
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Change Towards Their Wives After Having Kids by Emma1Oj(m): 6:29am On Sep 28, 2023
Tayorshd87:

My brother it rains everywhere it's.really happening to me now 🤔
Marry marry marry na overrated statement
Lol.. that thing called pressure to pls society is a no no for me.
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Change Towards Their Wives After Having Kids by Kelvinprinzyy(m): 7:13am On Sep 28, 2023
Your question should be the opposite
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Change Towards Their Wives After Having Kids by djseanjohn77: 9:07am On Sep 28, 2023
theInfinity:
Why actually are the reasons why men change towards their wives after having kids. Could it be that the unwritten contract between them and their wives has come to an end after she has put to birth or what exactly. At that moment, no more sweet name calling, no more petting. They now see their wives as rivals at home. What is the cause?

Sorry, the reverse is the case.....the woman shifts attention to the child more than the husband, she even stops doing things that she once does to remain attractive to him. But the women of this age shift blame, they are never responsible for anything, it is always what the man fails to do, didn't do right, or isn't doing enough. Even when DNA exposes them for giving another child to an innocent man, they still twist it that they are doing the man favour or he caused it. It is always the man, yet, in old age, no matter what the man gives, the kids care for their mother more than the man.

Men, my advice is, prepare for your retirement, make you health and well-beign a priority of yours, if not, they will send you to early grave. You will stress over providing for your family, pressure over what ou are not doing well etc. until you go down 6 feet. Do the best you can do, whilst ensuring you are in right emotional state too.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Change Towards Their Wives After Having Kids by Nerdnextdoor: 9:48am On Sep 28, 2023
There isn't a single answer to why some men may become tired of their wives after having kids, as individual experiences and relationships vary greatly. However, some common factors that can contribute to this feeling include. . .
Changes in priorities - focus is now more on the kids than on themselves.
Increased stress - The man trying every possible means to cover the household bills.
Lack of communication.
And shifts in the dynamics of the relationship due to parenting responsibilities.
It's important for couples to maintain open and honest communication, seek support when needed, and work together to navigate the challenges that come with parenthood to help sustain a healthy and fulfilling relationship.
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Change Towards Their Wives After Having Kids by DonroxyII: 9:21am On Oct 01, 2023
Authoreety:
Lol

Una too dey rush... Wait till u get married, then you will understand better..

Do you even know that women are highest subscribers of denying their husbands their coochies... Single girls have sex with their boyfriends far more than married women and their husbands... Guess you all know what this could cause... Imagine denying ur husband sex on a steady basis..

Oh... U don't even know...

Who no go no know
Most Women are Bedevilled with Psychological & Physiological Issues in Marriage & Most Men are Not Prepared Adequately for Marriage .... Thus, The Problems in Marriage is beyond the Couples & In Africa Here We Don't Pray to God Reasonably nor Get Educated Reasonably ....

Our Psychologists are Spiritualists With Unscientific Methodologies That Complicates Marital Woes...

Next Solution is Abandonment Because An Unhappy Woman wouldn't allow you to bruise her intestine finish then Both Couples Find Solace Outside for those who have the mindset.

Laslas, Know, Understand & Pray about an adventure before venturing into it even if Kasala go Burst which is a normal thing, Una Go see am control before Everywhere go Burst Scatter.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Change Towards Their Wives After Having Kids by DonroxyII: 10:03am On Oct 01, 2023
NastiLord:
I only stopped caring for my wife after i found a conversation she had with a male friend on Facebook. The guy asked her if she's married and she said no sad
grin ... She was just trying to Enjoy the Groove from the FB dude She doesn't want her "Marriage" to hinder the dude from vibing further cheesy ... Maybe she wanna be talk to like a girl again instead of "Woman" !

If she said "Yes" That one might not chat with her again ...

You could have used the Intel Report You Get to rewire your wife Never-Ever to wish a chat with another Man talkless of denying her marriage. ...

Something is in the guy she wanna enjoy & that is not in the marriage .... Find it & fix it .... That's what we men do.

We are the fixer, women are most times the trouble, Our Job is to Fix Us & Fix Them......... Just like you fix your kids, That's how to fix the leakages in your marriage.

It is Never-Ever a perfect game from either couple but the Maturities to Manage the Imperfections is the most important.
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Change Towards Their Wives After Having Kids by NastiLord: 11:33am On Oct 01, 2023
DonroxyII:
grin ... She was just trying to Enjoy the Groove from the FB dude She doesn't want her "Marriage" to hinder the dude from vibing further cheesy ... Maybe she wanna be talk to like a girl again instead of "Woman" !

If she said "Yes" That one might not chat with her again ...

You could have used the Intel Report You Get to rewire your wife Never-Ever to wish a chat with another Man talkless of denying her marriage. ...

Something is in the guy she wanna enjoy & that is not in the marriage .... Find it & fix it .... That's what we men do.

We are the fixer, women are most times the trouble, Our Job is to Fix Us & Fix Them......... Just like you fix your kids, That's how to fix the leakages in your marriage.

It is Never-Ever a perfect game from either couple but the Maturities to Manage the Imperfections is the most important.
I can't be fixing every gaddamm holes burst opened by an adventure seeking partner. If she thinks there's something i don't give and the other guys can give, then it's ok but i won't be waiting for her to come back.
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Change Towards Their Wives After Having Kids by DonroxyII: 12:19pm On Oct 01, 2023
skuribeebo:
Animals must act like animal.
It is natural.

We want random sex.
grin ... Same for both gender ! ... But Na Men dey randy pass & na Men dey jealous pass.
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Change Towards Their Wives After Having Kids by DonroxyII: 12:32pm On Oct 01, 2023
NastiLord:
I can't be fixing every gaddamm holes burst opened by an adventure seeking partner. If she thinks there's something i don't give and the other guys can give, then it's ok but i won't be waiting for her to come back.
grin ... Mehn, I won't throw in the towel except I'm deformed .... Oloriburuku ni bobo FB yen ni.
Carry her on the adventure if the mullah dey ...

Most women would seek fantasy elsewhere Once their men couldn't provide the comfort only few would bear..... that's why where money ends na mouth remain & May Dick never comot our thighs because It's a Factory reset tool.
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Change Towards Their Wives After Having Kids by DonroxyII: 12:35pm On Oct 01, 2023
Blitzking:
It's not easy living in the same house with another person all the rest of your lives before marriage u come and go..u fight and u go home while at home u heal and then u come again u cook we eat watch movies go for outing and then u go home..but now your home is my home..except I vex you and you pick the duvet and move to another room..if you like no give me food...I go just rent/buy 2 bed apartment find one banny wey sabi..but I try give u small benefit of doubt.
👌
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Change Towards Their Wives After Having Kids by DonroxyII: 12:36pm On Oct 01, 2023
InvertedHammer:

/

Those still mixing love and marriage are delusional. Find someone you like and respect, then approach him/her with some sense of responsibility. Both parties work together to build a lasting marriage. Love is a feeling and feelings do change. If you marry because of love, the outcome is divorce because the older you get, your priorities and life choices change. Then you realize that love is a fantasy good in movies. Oyibo people have tried love and it is not working.

/
Love end with Worldwar II...
Romantic & Bukata(Responsibilities) remain now.
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Change Towards Their Wives After Having Kids by DonroxyII: 12:43pm On Oct 01, 2023
ekpaben:
Most times is not kid. My marriage is three months and I'm fed up already. Her character is completely opposite of her before we got married.
Study her characters & Develop Maturities to Conquer-Dominion her character then replace it with you desire character.

All Men Must Learn how to format & Reprogrammed a girl from her family genetic background into your own desired field ....

She is not your sister, aunt or Famz ..... She was coming from a background, A full Fledged man is a great hunter & Catcher ....
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Change Towards Their Wives After Having Kids by 9JAFULLBREED(m): 4:02am On Oct 02, 2023
I don’t think that’s true! Some women are really beautiful after birth, and everywhere go FULL cheesy
I’ll just say some men are not mentally ready before going or rushing into marriage and they got bored with the marriage immediately after their wife got pregnant.

Jewessgratitud3:
Everyone is just beating about the bush even though the reason is obvious.

Once a woman starts having kids, she loses her attractiveness as a result of all the body changes that come with child birth. This puts the man off or gradually makes him lose interest in her especially when he still sees young girls with perky breasts, plumper and firmer bodies out there. This is the whole truth.

A married man used to disturb me some time ago and I'll always shun him. One day he saw one small fine girl that came around and told me to help him talk to the girl and I asked him what of your wife and he said " that one na condemn property now" .. chai!!! Laugh wan finish me that day. This is a man with 5 kids o.

Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Change Towards Their Wives After Having Kids by Jewessgratitud3: 4:31am On Oct 02, 2023
9JAFULLBREED:
I don’t think that’s true! Some women are really beautiful after birth, and everywhere go FULL cheesy
I’ll just say some men are not mentally ready before going or rushing into marriage and they got bored with the marriage immediately after their wife got pregnant.

You think so.

Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Change Towards Their Wives After Having Kids by Cromagnon: 8:59pm On Oct 03, 2023
talented321:
Some people value their prick and don't share it anyhow..
Value or den no get opportunity or opportunity boku pass the prick?
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Change Towards Their Wives After Having Kids by Cromagnon: 9:00pm On Oct 03, 2023
Fountainofyouth:

Women dont work and care for the kids? Are you living in a cave?
That is not ''work'' or bread winning?
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Change Towards Their Wives After Having Kids by talented321: 9:15pm On Oct 03, 2023
See your reasoning. How much does it cost to bleep any woman in this country?.. Oga i can bleep 2 to 5 women everyday but it's not worth the risk..
Cromagnon:

Value or den no get opportunity or opportunity boku pass the prick?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Would You Propose To Your Girlfriend After A Mastectomy? / Black Snake In My WC / Love, Sex, Marriage & Family Life

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.