Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,068 members, 7,821,672 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:38 PM

How Can I Handle My Younger Brother - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Can I Handle My Younger Brother (20085 Views)

How Do I Handle My Hyper-active Daughter, She's Barely 3years / My Younger Brother Is A Bone In Our Throat. Pls Help! / How Do I Handle A Husband Who Wants To Have Sex Almost Everyday? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Can I Handle My Younger Brother by Harmonize234: 5:16pm On Sep 27, 2023
Kobojunkiee:
A family is meant to be a cohesive unit, isn't it? When one decides to chart his own part, going as far as inconveniencing others with his behavior, it means he does not desire to remain a part of that cohesive unit. Why not cut him loose and let him go elsewhere to do as he pleases? The one person up there is even planning to move his family out of the house he built in order that his drug abusing brothers can continue living in the house all by themselves. Which kain family be that? undecided

There is more to family than just blood relations. Or would you also claim family when the person's behavior directly threatens the lives of those in the home or outside? undecided

I also have experience regarding this issue and I totally agree with your point

2 Likes

Re: How Can I Handle My Younger Brother by Itsernie: 1:21pm On Sep 28, 2023
Just leave him na
He will learn d hard way
Re: How Can I Handle My Younger Brother by Emma09(m): 1:22pm On Sep 28, 2023
adaperry25:
We've actually done our best and the way its going..we are left to our fate. I just wanted to share here to get an ideal opinion.

My younger bro has been a thorn in our flesh even before my dad died. My late dad kept complaining about him. Bad friends, taking drugs and living an immoral life. This continued and affected his academics and he dropped out from the university.

As we speak, his younger brother is in his final year and yet my brother remains a prodigal son. Early this year, he wanted to fight my mom and I was very angry and we had to lock him up in the police cell for some days. He came out and became calm. After a month, he went back to his old ways.

We warned off his friends to stay away from him. Right now..my mom is ashamed of him as parents have warned their kids to stay away from my brother.

He doesn't sleep in the house and we threatened to lock him up again and he said we can kill him that his life has no meaning.

I believe he's not with his right senses.

Need your candid opinions. I want to save him.
. This is a clear issue of bad parenting. Ur brother wasn't brought up properly by ur parents. All the same, with prayers and maybe taking him to a good church for deliverance, he would change. Bad influence and peer pressure could also be a contributing factor to his misbehavior.
Re: How Can I Handle My Younger Brother by Mummyimbecile(m): 1:22pm On Sep 28, 2023
Why some people decide not to be useful to themselves and the society at large is what I seem not to understand.

If you're useful, you will be the first beneficiary before others

You locked him in an ordinary police cell, have you tried RRS or Sars cell, I swear his brain will format even before he comes out.

They are not like ordinary police that will pass you quarter loaf of bread with pure water in the morning for you to eat, if he enter RRS or Sars cell, hunger will deal with him, cos those people no even get joy.

He will be the one begging you to bring him out, that he will never misbehave again.

4 Likes

Re: How Can I Handle My Younger Brother by Chibuzoripob: 1:22pm On Sep 28, 2023
sad Nowadays kids are uncontrollable.Just calm down with him.Sit him down and have heart to heart discussion.Ask him what he want..May God touch him sad
adaperry25:
We've actually done our best and the way its going..we are left to our fate. I just wanted to share here to get an ideal opinion.

My younger bro has been a thorn in our flesh even before my dad died. My late dad kept complaining about him. Bad friends, taking drugs and living an immoral life. This continued and affected his academics and he dropped out from the university.

As we speak, his younger brother is in his final year and yet my brother remains a prodigal son. Early this year, he wanted to fight my mom and I was very angry and we had to lock him up in the police cell for some days. He came out and became calm. After a month, he went back to his old ways.

We warned off his friends to stay away from him. Right now..my mom is ashamed of him as parents have warned their kids to stay away from my brother.

He doesn't sleep in the house and we threatened to lock him up again and he said we can kill him that his life has no meaning.

Re: How Can I Handle My Younger Brother by Abyounghammed(m): 1:22pm On Sep 28, 2023
The reality here is that people on drug and non drug user can't relate, cuz their level of thinking is not even close, I suggest u just leave him and pray for him, u trying to save him will make him use u, u might think he needs help, while he might be trying to figure out a way to use u to his advantage.

1 Like

Re: How Can I Handle My Younger Brother by Realman50: 1:22pm On Sep 28, 2023
Handle him with care oga... nothing should happen to that boy🤪
Re: How Can I Handle My Younger Brother by Geovanni412(m): 1:22pm On Sep 28, 2023
adaperry25:
anyone u can recommend

Not an expert

I heard Mountain of Fire ministries runs one that is ok

If you are in Lagos, you can also check Pastor Tony Rapu's rehab center

I read a story of a lady who was in far worse condition that went there and has since become better
-https://www.google.com/amp/s/pmnewsnigeria.com/2019/06/15/drug-addiction-see-new-pictures-of-lizzy/%3famp=1
Re: How Can I Handle My Younger Brother by Tygaking: 1:23pm On Sep 28, 2023
adaperry25:

just show him love...... something that beating, taking to police station cannot do..true love will do it..
You need to explain to your dad to relax his mind..
Keep praying,show them love,help them get a job..support them with stipend to help them every month,listen to them and don't judge them..
Just show them love,pray for them...help them get a job..they will get responsible when they start working.

2 Likes

Re: How Can I Handle My Younger Brother by Greenfaces: 1:24pm On Sep 28, 2023
adaperry25:

He will learn his lessons with time
Re: How Can I Handle My Younger Brother by jaxxy(m): 1:26pm On Sep 28, 2023
adaperry25:

Sometimes when u try to discipline people and they don't listen try to love them b4 correcting them.

Have u a asked him what he really wants to do with his life or ure all just trying to tell him what to do with his life?

obviously the drugs and immoral behaviour are bad bt u cannot force a grown adult with God given free will to stop u have to find a better way. undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Can I Handle My Younger Brother by Omoapena(m): 1:26pm On Sep 28, 2023
Enroll him into army
Re: How Can I Handle My Younger Brother by Jokerman(m): 1:27pm On Sep 28, 2023
- God first

- Rehab Centre next

- Let him learn handwork

1 Like

Re: How Can I Handle My Younger Brother by sudeba(m): 1:27pm On Sep 28, 2023
Just put him in an open prison here in Kaduna. He will surely reform after spending 2yrs there. I assure u, he will be calm & gentle like a dove. All sort of miscreants are kept there too, he will normalized with time
Re: How Can I Handle My Younger Brother by 9jaBloke: 1:27pm On Sep 28, 2023
AsomArchitectNG:
Take him to a rehab center and don't forget to keep praying for him.. He'll surely come around

You get sense

Rehab first, then prayers.

They say you should not try to pray away a problem without trying logical solutions first.

Me I say pray first for divine clarity and then logically determine the best approach;
Do everything humanly possible to solve the problem;
Take it back to God in prayer and ask him to perfect your efforts.

In that order.
Re: How Can I Handle My Younger Brother by killsmith(f): 1:27pm On Sep 28, 2023
Your brother has committed no offence. It is not compulsory that he follows the lifestyle of your parents which is likely what you're all trying to force in him. He is already his own man.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Can I Handle My Younger Brother by chatinent: 1:28pm On Sep 28, 2023
Una still dey give am food na why.

1 Like

Re: How Can I Handle My Younger Brother by 9jaBloke: 1:28pm On Sep 28, 2023
Haakeem:
Sope otilo!
It is finished.
Nothing can be done again to change him again except the miracle of GOD intervane.
Nigeria prison worsen it's inmates.

Line 4👍

Never say never
Re: How Can I Handle My Younger Brother by ttobizz(m): 1:29pm On Sep 28, 2023
ahnie:
I would really want to thank God for my younger bro,dude never gave us any wahala all thru his stay with me.

Having a prodigal child is really killing,may God have mercy.

No one asked for testimonies

2 Likes

Re: How Can I Handle My Younger Brother by Judolisco(m): 1:29pm On Sep 28, 2023
adaperry25:

report him to NDLEA I think they have a rehabilitation centre... He'll be fine... And make sure he resumes sch back if his admission is still intact
Re: How Can I Handle My Younger Brother by Willie2015: 1:30pm On Sep 28, 2023
2goodbobo:
As I speak to you my 2 Brothers are doing just the same thing your brother is doing. From taking drugs to stealing and selling my Father’s properties to dropping out from School. My mum is late and had BP because of them. I have done my best to change them but to no avail. I have decided to since leave them to their fate.

I intend to get a place for my dad where he can stay away from them. He is no longer enjoying his stay in the house he build because of them and I am tired of complain here and there. I pray they change for good.

Bros..
Dis one na prayer ooo...
Strong prayer ...
Re: How Can I Handle My Younger Brother by Nobody: 1:30pm On Sep 28, 2023
adaperry25:

Ask your mother to check her life, some evil she has committed in the past.
That's what could be affecting this boy.

If she finds the evil out, let her repent, and the boy will be okay.
Re: How Can I Handle My Younger Brother by killsmith(f): 1:32pm On Sep 28, 2023
Mummyimbecile:
Why some people decide not to be useful to themselves and the society at large is what I seem not to understand.

If you're useful, you will be the first beneficiary before others

You locked him in an ordinary police cell, have you tried RRS or Sars cell, I swear his brain will format even before he comes out.
When you say useful to the society, do you mean live like a sheep, obey the laws and pay taxes to the criminals who control the society?

Not everyone is conventional.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Can I Handle My Younger Brother by kwasoly(m): 1:39pm On Sep 28, 2023
adaperry25:

Pray for him

1 Like

Re: How Can I Handle My Younger Brother by AllenSpencer: 1:40pm On Sep 28, 2023
Ignore him!

Maturity and life will teach him the hard way!

Sometimes, love, affection and concern, spoils humans.

Show him the spot you will bury him if anything happens to him. Let him know yourself and family are done with him.
Re: How Can I Handle My Younger Brother by olbod(m): 1:40pm On Sep 28, 2023
Please take him to God in prayer sir

2 Likes

Re: How Can I Handle My Younger Brother by penta(m): 1:43pm On Sep 28, 2023
adaperry25:

He simply need more help.
Try to give him more space, understand, caring and support... He's going through some unspeakable trauma. Only those stated pills above can truly cure him. Everything is not solve been harsh to young people trying to navigate this ever changing world.
Re: How Can I Handle My Younger Brother by FuckDModz: 1:45pm On Sep 28, 2023
grin

This one will end up as a political thug or a marlian fraudster.

Lost mf!
Re: How Can I Handle My Younger Brother by mozona(m): 1:46pm On Sep 28, 2023
Pray for him and also let army reset him brain for am.
Re: How Can I Handle My Younger Brother by tonicyril: 1:47pm On Sep 28, 2023
Kobojunkiee:
A family is meant to be a cohesive unit, isn't it? When one decides to chart his own part, going as far as inconveniencing others with his behavior, it means he does not desire to remain a part of that cohesive unit. Why not cut him loose and let him go elsewhere to do as he pleases? The one person up there is even planning to move his family out of the house he built in order that his drug abusing brothers can continue living in the house all by themselves. Which kain family be that? undecided

There is more to family than just blood relations. Or would you also claim family when the person's behavior directly threatens the lives of those in the home or outside? undecided
So in summary, what you re saying since morning is that they should leave the boy to leave his life so far he's 18 and above....that is according to ur first submission on this thread...

But if peradventure, (according to this current post of urs) he's tormenting the peace of the family then he should be sent packing from the family house since he has decided to be counter-cohesive as per family settings..

My final take....laslas no be say u re trying to prefer solution, u re just saying everybody should dey their dey..if ur son want to ruin his life, leave him alone since he's above 18, if ur daughter want to spoil her life leave her alone since she's above 18 but if then want to affect the family unit then they should be cast away with Immediate effect... grin grin grin

Omo daadaa
Re: How Can I Handle My Younger Brother by lascos912(m): 1:48pm On Sep 28, 2023
why most people are mentioning rehab here, rehab only ment for people who are out of their sense

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nigerian Journalists Welcome Twins After 13 Years Of Marriage(photos) / Should I Greet & Call My Husband's Younger Sister 'Aunty'? / Court Dissolves Marriage Over HIV Positive Wife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.