Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,080 members, 7,811,021 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 08:59 PM

My Experience With The Nigeria Police Force Today. - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / My Experience With The Nigeria Police Force Today. (19208 Views)

Moment Mexico Arrest Entire Police Force Of A Town Over Murder(pics) / What You Really Need To Know About Police Force Around The World(Photos) / My Encounter With The Nigerian POLICE Force Today. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Experience With The Nigeria Police Force Today. by Bfly: 9:55am On Sep 27, 2023
Let them first arrest those thieves at public offices, only then can we start taking them serious.
Re: My Experience With The Nigeria Police Force Today. by NoChill: 9:59am On Sep 27, 2023
epondudu:

Op....this matter is simple every Nigerian will have to go for a proper orientation on how to address the police with respect. It is part of the NPF policy, they trained their men to respect the citizens but the way we behave toward them is very terrible.

Then what is the Nigerian police doing about Citizens Orientation programmes,? or let me guess, they don't have any.
Re: My Experience With The Nigeria Police Force Today. by Jeffyblaq(m): 10:07am On Sep 27, 2023
You act calmly rather than bringing the toughness in you.. The street treat yuh fvvkup..

You talk calmly when you want to price or purchase something at the grocery /store, the attendant tries to extort you..

You enter a public transport, gives a conductor your money you have, a funny dude that calls himself a conductor opens his mouth and said, he doesn't have change.. 😊Like I should leave my balance with him or what.. 🙄

The police/vio/road safety also do theirs and you expect all these not to change the mindset of the general society🤔

NB:I've come to realise there's no point to act like an educated fella in this street /jungle....Just do dat inside yuh house.. Lol

LET EVERYONE BE MAD ☹️

1 Like

Re: My Experience With The Nigeria Police Force Today. by legba1(m): 10:18am On Sep 27, 2023
I had an experience which was a reversed version of yours. My bus was stopped on the hi way just after oduduwa university on our way to ekiti. I was sitted next to the door in the front. The officer asked the driver for his papers because the guy was not ready to "roger" them as expected. When i saw what was happening, i spoke to the driver with a VERY calm voice, "officer can we park well pls". Instantly he poked my eyes with his middle finger and was screaming. "You are the first to learn to speak good english in your family, abi. I will shoot you here and nothing will happen,blah blah blah". He was fuming and foaming. Guess what, my co passanger took sides with him and were blaming me for interfering. I was dumbfounded. He superior had to come down from the van to send him away. Till today, i still can't understand what triggered him that bad.
Re: My Experience With The Nigeria Police Force Today. by Henrypraise: 10:22am On Sep 27, 2023
odinga1of:

Same thing we face here in Warri. Try talk with low tune or simple manner, u will be trample upon.

But immediately u shout on top of your voice, people go respect dia old age

I be jakpa born and bred, pple are just rude for no particular reason in warri.
Re: My Experience With The Nigeria Police Force Today. by Britishpea: 10:23am On Sep 27, 2023
Social media especially Twitter is building a monster in Nigerians.

Being cantankerous is self destruct. And it is built sub consciously over time by what people read, watch, listen to, exposed to, and the type of companies one has.

Nigerians especially youths are loosing it. I took a Uber one day and this particular roundabout was a messy build-up of vehicles. One of the police had passed us befor th roundabout but on getting to the main spot of the build up, the other policeman waved us down.

As a reasonable driver, you are even supposed to wait before being waved down by that policeman who was not taking bribes but doing his work diligently.

I swear this young Uber driver changed it for the policeman. Started troubles and was abusing the policeman of being ineptitude. The police was angry and was planning to delay us but for my interventions

We have a long way to go with the type of people we are raising in this country.

1 Like

Re: My Experience With The Nigeria Police Force Today. by Ventura1: 10:26am On Sep 27, 2023
Part of the reason I don't pity some people that suffers. Oftentimes, we are the architect of our misfortunes.
Re: My Experience With The Nigeria Police Force Today. by sonofanarchy(m): 10:30am On Sep 27, 2023
Even in the united states of America, they insult their police even as calm and civil they talk. Police are public number one enemy. That mindset need to change.
Re: My Experience With The Nigeria Police Force Today. by lomprico(m): 10:33am On Sep 27, 2023
Henrypraise:
When a catholic bishop said the judges of the Supreme court are not from Singapore but scions of same badly bred Nigerians, some persons nodded in unionism because their ox was in the fight, not really because we hoped to do better or adapt to cause change.

Once same Nigerians are opporturned to stand in the podium of power to make decisions, the wrong choices are always made.

Today, I was in a shuttle on my way to koka coming from Asaba Airport, as we approached Mariam Babangida junction, some rag tag looking group of government armed men flagged us, I quickly scanned for badges, squad title and possible name/ number tags, the only remarkable identity I saw was anti cult vest donned by a gun wielding, young "officer".

While I was doing my mental scan, I became at ease when he spoke calmly and explained they are on a survey mission and if the shuttle driver wouldn't mind, he should pack and stop for a few survey questions. Immediately this "officer" spoke calmly, the guys inside the shuttle with me raised their voices and became instantly rebellious, I reclused myself mentally from the revolt and watched the psychological defeat of Nigerians who everyday cry for better synergy and treatment between civil and forced individuals...

I bet if the "officer" had spoken in the normal NPF fashion, no one would have been motivated to say pim. The best would have been to murmur and curse under one's breath...

It was when the shuttle developed fault just a few meters away that I knew all the talk of "I am late for work" bla bla bla were just shalaye and yen yen yen put together, people who were in a hurry couldn't come down to board another shuttle for 100 naira... Everyone including yours sincerely had to wait for the driver to trouble shoot.

So in a nutshell, do you think Nigerians
will be more responsible and cooperative when talked to with respect and courtesy Or rebellion will increase

Agbado supporter!
Police officers caused an accident involving Keke and a car this morning 27/9/2023 because they were extorting 100 naira from every commercial vehicle passing that road.

99% Nigerian police officers are corrupt and bad!!!

1 Like

Re: My Experience With The Nigeria Police Force Today. by fykes(m): 10:49am On Sep 27, 2023
ILoveFaith:
Any Nigerian with an ample opportunity is a beast

I strongly disagree with this claim. Both at home and abroad I have encountered very wealthy and fine Nigerians. Excellent in both character and speech

1 Like

Re: My Experience With The Nigeria Police Force Today. by eroticecstasy: 10:56am On Sep 27, 2023
Nigerian police aren't evil, it's our attitude that makes them treat us the way the do. It's more easier to control cattle than Nigerians .
Re: My Experience With The Nigeria Police Force Today. by Greattha: 11:01am On Sep 27, 2023
Yampotatocarrot:
So you met a policeman who spoke calmly and, maybe 3 passengers who replied roughly and all of a sudden, they are nice and angels from heaven?

What about the number of times Nigerians were calm and cooperative and policemen refused to do otherwise? What about the times Nigerians were stereotyped just for their hairstyle and for having beards?

I was in a Keke few Sundays back and a young guy was asked to alight... Asked where he was heading to for him to dress that way (he wore senator with palm o)... Asked to empty his bag, empty his pocket and open his phone. He asked them to empty his bag themselves in the glare of everyone that he doesn't want accidental discharge say them think say him wan comot gun or any other frivolous reasons... Refused to open his phone asking why they wanted to check it

The boss in the police van had to wave to the subordinates to allow him go, seeing that we in the Keke refused to leave the guy and zoom off as requested

This is what happens CONSTANTLY and just because you met a policeman who spoke calmly, you're now trying to twist the narrative... E be like say you no well abi? (No insults intended)

Sentiments exactly.
Truth is there's no smoke without fire.

There's a reason for the defensive nature of most Nigerians....oppression and weaponised poverty.

All these online advocates sef...before you come online, always look at issues from all possible scenarios not just the one that favours your opinion/convictions.
Re: My Experience With The Nigeria Police Force Today. by Henrypraise: 11:03am On Sep 27, 2023
Britishpea:
Social media especially Twitter is building a monster in Nigerians.

Being cantankerous is self destruct. And it is built sub consciously over time by what people read, watch, listen to, exposed to, and the type of companies one has.

Nigerians especially youths are loosing it. I took a Uber one day and this particular roundabout was a messy build-up of vehicles. One of the police had passed us befor th roundabout but on getting to the main spot of the build up, the other policeman waved us down.

As a reasonable driver, you are even supposed to wait before being waved down by that policeman who was not taking bribes but doing his work diligently.

I swear this young Uber driver changed it for the policeman. Started troubles and was abusing the policeman of being ineptitude. The police was angry and was planning to delay us but for my interventions

We have a long way to go with the type of people we are raising in this country.

This just goes to buttress the point of the Bishop who said those in position of powers are same badly bred Nigerians, my problem is that the ill attitude is somehow corrupting the best amongst us.
Re: My Experience With The Nigeria Police Force Today. by jmoore(m): 11:24am On Sep 27, 2023
You are focusing on voices when the police officers have nothing that identifies them as member of the police force.

90% of police are criminals
Re: My Experience With The Nigeria Police Force Today. by Artiiclebeast: 11:47am On Sep 27, 2023
DrTee1:

This is the truth. The government is a reflection of our general character. The government is not the problem. We are the problem.

The truth, and nothing but the truth.
Re: My Experience With The Nigeria Police Force Today. by Britishpea: 11:55am On Sep 27, 2023
Henrypraise:

This just goes to buttress the point of the Bishop who said those in position of powers are same badly bred Nigerians, my problem is that the ill attitude is somehow corrupting the best amongst us.
. Fact.
Re: My Experience With The Nigeria Police Force Today. by epondudu: 11:57am On Sep 27, 2023
NoChill:

Then what is the Nigerian police doing about Citizens Orientation programmes,? or let me guess, they don't have any.

It is part of the NPF training.
Re: My Experience With The Nigeria Police Force Today. by correctguy101(m): 12:15pm On Sep 27, 2023
JASONjnr:
Op

We've been programmed on a default to see police officers as a threat to life or as extortionist at every given time.

The calmly spoken officer will move from there to asking for particulars and then asking everyone to step down for a routine check and looking for a weakling to accuse and get dimes from.

Mostly, the devil comes with a smiling face, whenever he's coming to destroy you.

Never trust any police official.

And why should anti-cultism force be on the roadside?

Valid point.
Re: My Experience With The Nigeria Police Force Today. by correctguy101(m): 12:21pm On Sep 27, 2023
Yampotatocarrot:
So you met a policeman who spoke calmly and, maybe 3 passengers who replied roughly and all of a sudden, they are nice and angels from heaven?

What about the number of times Nigerians were calm and cooperative and policemen refused to do otherwise? What about the times Nigerians were stereotyped just for their hairstyle and for having beards?

I was in a Keke few Sundays back and a young guy was asked to alight... Asked where he was heading to for him to dress that way (he wore senator with palm o)... Asked to empty his bag, empty his pocket and open his phone. He asked them to empty his bag themselves in the glare of everyone that he doesn't want accidental discharge say them think say him wan comot gun or any other frivolous reasons... Refused to open his phone asking why they wanted to check it

The boss in the police van had to wave to the subordinates to allow him go, seeing that we in the Keke refused to leave the guy and zoom off as requested

This is what happens CONSTANTLY and just because you met a policeman who spoke calmly, you're now trying to twist the narrative... E be like say you no well abi? (No insults intended)

Another valid point.

True true, the guy no we'll, his humble self and all the werey pretenders calling Nigerians every crazy thing wey come their mind.

See their own responses on an anonymous forum like NL and the werey dem get mouth to call someone else rude and animal over NPF matter..

Pretenders full online, that's why I hardly take dem serious.
Re: My Experience With The Nigeria Police Force Today. by countryman13: 12:44pm On Sep 27, 2023
Henrypraise:
When a catholic bishop said the judges of the Supreme court are not from Singapore but scions of same badly bred Nigerians, some persons nodded in unionism because their ox was in the fight, not really because we hoped to do better or adapt to cause change.

Once same Nigerians are opporturned to stand in the podium of power to make decisions, the wrong choices are always made.

Today, I was in a shuttle on my way to koka coming from Asaba Airport, as we approached Mariam Babangida junction, some rag tag looking group of government armed men flagged us, I quickly scanned for badges, squad title and possible name/ number tags, the only remarkable identity I saw was anti cult vest donned by a gun wielding, young "officer".

While I was doing my mental scan, I became at ease when he spoke calmly and explained they are on a survey mission and if the shuttle driver wouldn't mind, he should pack and stop for a few survey questions. Immediately this "officer" spoke calmly, the guys inside the shuttle with me raised their voices and became instantly rebellious, I reclused myself mentally from the revolt and watched the psychological defeat of Nigerians who everyday cry for better synergy and treatment between civil and forced individuals...

I bet if the "officer" had spoken in the normal NPF fashion, no one would have been motivated to say pim. The best would have been to murmur and curse under one's breath...

It was when the shuttle developed fault just a few meters away that I knew all the talk of "I am late for work" bla bla bla were just shalaye and yen yen yen put together, people who were in a hurry couldn't come down to board another shuttle for 100 naira... Everyone including yours sincerely had to wait for the driver to trouble shoot.

will be more responsible and cooperative when talked to with respect and courtesy Or rebellion will increase
Me for real like to be addressed calmly and not the gra gra Nigeria style because respect they say is reciprocal!
Re: My Experience With The Nigeria Police Force Today. by lokho(m): 1:23pm On Sep 27, 2023
LikeAking:
Nigerians are animals…

Your father and mother are animals and you'll also give birth to animals.

1 Like

Re: My Experience With The Nigeria Police Force Today. by lokho(m): 1:24pm On Sep 27, 2023
LikeAking:
Nigerians are animals…
Your father and mother are animals and you'll also give birth to animals
Re: My Experience With The Nigeria Police Force Today. by Segzy19: 1:52pm On Sep 27, 2023
Nigerians like acting overly with emotions and sentiments... we dey overdoo at times...

The police spoke calmly and introduced his mission yet the passengers still chose to be stupid...
Were they saying the police was wrong to have stopped them or to have have talked to them in a gentle manner?
Re: My Experience With The Nigeria Police Force Today. by ChristianMuslim: 2:30pm On Sep 27, 2023
Animals are better than Nigerians, most especially Igbos and yorubas they dont have common sense
Re: My Experience With The Nigeria Police Force Today. by adolfHitler1934: 2:40pm On Sep 27, 2023
Nigerians are all the same....yes, we are. None is exempted.
We have same thing in common...our DNA.
For example, every Nigerian is a criminal and corrupt.... It is an inherited DNA. We are not organized and civil. We can never talk calmly, we rather shout when talking. We cross the highway even when the padestrian bridge is right in front of us.We drive against the traffic.....a very bezare behavior never seen anywhere on Earth.
We criticised and curse our leaders because we are not in their position, but do worse when we found ourselves in the corridors of powers..... the Aviation Minister is a good example.

Nigerians are a terrible people, honestly.
Re: My Experience With The Nigeria Police Force Today. by LikeAking: 3:32pm On Sep 27, 2023
lokho:

Your father and mother are animals and you'll also give birth to animals.

You are an animal..
Re: My Experience With The Nigeria Police Force Today. by Nobody: 4:32pm On Sep 27, 2023
saphiere:
We want to see a female IGP

IGP Tontoh Dikeh!
Re: My Experience With The Nigeria Police Force Today. by nikz(f): 5:22pm On Sep 27, 2023
Soft spoken ones can delay you until you miss your appointment
Re: My Experience With The Nigeria Police Force Today. by windvane(m): 6:26pm On Sep 27, 2023
Meerahbel:
Which area of Lagos?
reside at ogba
Re: My Experience With The Nigeria Police Force Today. by litaninja(m): 9:24pm On Sep 27, 2023
You expect anyone to speak with courtesy to "ragtag looking armed officials", with no name tags, flagging you down at a checkpoint that their IG has banned every week for the last 10 years? To do a "survey", in the middle of the day, in the middle of the road?

How does any action described make sense that anyone will talk to them with sense

Henrypraise:

Re: My Experience With The Nigeria Police Force Today. by Henrypraise: 9:46pm On Sep 27, 2023
litaninja:
You expect anyone to speak with courtesy to "ragtag looking armed officials", with no name tags, flagging you down at a checkpoint that their IG has banned every week for the last 10 years? To do a "survey", in the middle of the day, in the middle of the road?

How does any action described make sense that anyone will talk to them with sense

Aside them dressing shabbily, I see nothing wrong in them carrying out a survey at the location they were.

I honestly like how you think, you are very logical, and because of this, I will be glad to purchase the police recruitment form for you, so you can go in there to be a reformer... Nigeria need men like you in the NPF
Re: My Experience With The Nigeria Police Force Today. by galantjoe(m): 10:56pm On Sep 27, 2023
In 2009, when I was driving Honda Legend. I was flagged down by a group of police officers along Owerri road Onitsha . One of them who is older approaching retirement age, calmly asked for my particulars which I happily gave him. He told me he once worked in a police station in my area as he saw my address.

As he saw discrepancy in engine no between vehicle license and registration, boom. He said I will be taken to police station Okpoko In Anambra. I have paid 5k to bail myself and my vehicle. Very terrible experience.

Never happen their calmness. They re looking for weakling to extort.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

NDLEA Intercepts 2.7m Tramadol Tabs, London, Dubai-bound Drugs In Lagos / Trader Bites-off His Customer's Ear In Port Harcourt This Morning (photos) / "We Paid DSS, Others N1m To Clear 661 Guns" - Suspect

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.