Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,375 members, 7,836,528 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 09:21 AM

Manufacturers Sack 3,567 Workers, Unsold Goods Hit ₦‎272 Billion – MAN - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Manufacturers Sack 3,567 Workers, Unsold Goods Hit ₦‎272 Billion – MAN (12129 Views)

Manufacturers Wail As Unsold Goods Pile Up In Warehouses / Governor Ugwuanyi Inaugurates 272 Special Constables For Community Policing / 84m Barrels Of Nigerian Crude Oil Unsold, Stranded At Sea (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Manufacturers Sack 3,567 Workers, Unsold Goods Hit ₦‎272 Billion – MAN by Eriokanmi: 8:38am On Sep 27, 2023
Fake news. What happened to the renewed hope and the applause of same manufacturers over the floating of currency as announced by Tinubu a few months ago?

Where are those screaming this government will favour me and you ? Universities are yet to send their children home over unpaid fees. By the time they begin this, nobody will tell Nigerians on what to do. It's not enough to be saying Nigerians should buy made in Nigeria goods. The enabling environment must be assured first but sadly, the government of the day isnt abke ti guarantee this. They only dwells on propaganda, the advancement on what we used to see in lagos sonce 1999. It has never happened in the history of Nigeria to reject LCs made to suppliers abroad.

Two things mist be taken home, which Nigerians are yet to come to terms with.

One, good leadership begets respects.

Secondly, rhe outside world knows us more than we know ourselves as a nation. Nobody would do business with an unserious nation where there are uncertainties. Nigerian currency depreciates per minute now.

If Nigerians don't learn now, they'd never learn

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Manufacturers Sack 3,567 Workers, Unsold Goods Hit ₦‎272 Billion – MAN by Obi2saveNigeria: 8:39am On Sep 27, 2023
That's gross understatement. More people have lost their jobs in the manufacturing sector. It's even far worse in the SME's.

Tinubu will not end well, walahi.

4 Likes

Re: Manufacturers Sack 3,567 Workers, Unsold Goods Hit ₦‎272 Billion – MAN by ConfidentialDoc: 8:39am On Sep 27, 2023
phr0nesis:

Who will impeach him?
Akpabio and co?

Funny thing is he will be impeached by northern and south east lawmakers.
But he will not leave even after that.

Just wait for it.

1 Like

Re: Manufacturers Sack 3,567 Workers, Unsold Goods Hit ₦‎272 Billion – MAN by BABAawoo47: 8:40am On Sep 27, 2023
Ikaeniyan0:
Foreigners are not willing to invest in Nigeria

If people are not really buying things, why's inflation still rising? Or is it the weakening of the naira that's really making inflation rise?
the thing is even confusing, Crude oil is rising which should mean better economy, But now it's the opposite. Someone is definitely benefitting from all this
Re: Manufacturers Sack 3,567 Workers, Unsold Goods Hit ₦‎272 Billion – MAN by nkemjacob2(m): 8:44am On Sep 27, 2023
It seems d fans that do scream on ,“BAT mandate we shall stand” are no more standing
Re: Manufacturers Sack 3,567 Workers, Unsold Goods Hit ₦‎272 Billion – MAN by Brushstrokes20: 8:44am On Sep 27, 2023
eBOLA on rampage😁
The shyyythole from fry pan to fire 🔥
Re: Manufacturers Sack 3,567 Workers, Unsold Goods Hit ₦‎272 Billion – MAN by Chetas81(m): 8:47am On Sep 27, 2023
CONGRATULATION TO APC GOVERNMENT AND THEIR SUPPORTERS
Re: Manufacturers Sack 3,567 Workers, Unsold Goods Hit ₦‎272 Billion – MAN by Nobaga500(m): 8:48am On Sep 27, 2023
It has already been said that' Nigeria lack's macroeconomic framework to attract foreign investor.
When our currency is getting crash day by day, why won't we experience high level of inflation which result in closing down of business nd manufacturing industries.
The only solution is to prevent/strenght Naira from devaluation.
Re: Manufacturers Sack 3,567 Workers, Unsold Goods Hit ₦‎272 Billion – MAN by Chetas81(m): 8:49am On Sep 27, 2023
NO BAD CITIZEN CAN BUILD A GREAT NATION, NIGERIAN CITIZEN KEEP ON DECEIVED THEIR SELF, HYPOCRITE RESULTS IS HERE FOR YOU
Re: Manufacturers Sack 3,567 Workers, Unsold Goods Hit ₦‎272 Billion – MAN by Funkyswagzz(m): 8:50am On Sep 27, 2023
Tinubu will surely count this as an achievement. If apc could claim number of cars on the road have reduced as an achievement nothing is impossible for them 😂😂😂🏃🏃🏃🏃

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Manufacturers Sack 3,567 Workers, Unsold Goods Hit ₦‎272 Billion – MAN by RepoMan007: 8:52am On Sep 27, 2023
Since our refineries have been dormant, how many workers have we laid off?
The difference between private and public run businesses.
Re: Manufacturers Sack 3,567 Workers, Unsold Goods Hit ₦‎272 Billion – MAN by PlsStayAlive: 8:57am On Sep 27, 2023
Tinubuagbado:
Those bastards who voted against better candidates simply because of ethnic bias are the worst hit now.

Who lost?

May they suffer it alone.

We're all in it together, like it or not. Voted for Tinubu or not. Whether we voted for or not, they'd already decided who the next president is, dah end.
Wisen up and look front, no dey think say you wise pass everyone else because you choose a better 'candidate' who didn't make it 'because blah blah blah', cause there was never one in the beginning.
Just the choice, and everyone else running to make him look legit.
Re: Manufacturers Sack 3,567 Workers, Unsold Goods Hit ₦‎272 Billion – MAN by phr0nesis(m): 9:00am On Sep 27, 2023
ConfidentialDoc:

Funny thing is he will be impeached by northern and south east lawmakers.
But he will not leave even after that.

Just wait for it.
I'm hoping for the impeachment. What ground would be have for refusing to leave?
Re: Manufacturers Sack 3,567 Workers, Unsold Goods Hit ₦‎272 Billion – MAN by nedu666: 9:00am On Sep 27, 2023
Tinubu should probe buhari govt and make them cough out all their loot

1 Like

Re: Manufacturers Sack 3,567 Workers, Unsold Goods Hit ₦‎272 Billion – MAN by ConfidentialDoc: 9:03am On Sep 27, 2023
phr0nesis:

I'm hoping for the impeachment. What ground would be have for refusing to leave?

It will not be easy but he will find every excuse not to leave office.
Re: Manufacturers Sack 3,567 Workers, Unsold Goods Hit ₦‎272 Billion – MAN by emmanuelbrown26: 9:08am On Sep 27, 2023
Tinubuagbado:
Those bastards who voted against better candidates simply because of ethnic bias are the worst hit now.

Who lost?

Yorubas really proved me wrong all dis years. Before I thought that hausa are dumbest not knowing that Yorubas are fucking dumb to be associated with.

2 Likes

Re: Manufacturers Sack 3,567 Workers, Unsold Goods Hit ₦‎272 Billion – MAN by Nobody: 9:09am On Sep 27, 2023
Tinubuagbado:

Who lost?

this suffer ehn, i haven't seen the kind of begging i do get lately.

People are truely suffering, most students are about to drop out from unilag, they were initially Bragging about.

I know a lady, who wants to start hook up, so she can pay her final year school fees.

So now who is finally loosing . Nigerians are just too foolish.
Re: Manufacturers Sack 3,567 Workers, Unsold Goods Hit ₦‎272 Billion – MAN by Jerrywhite77: 9:10am On Sep 27, 2023
Tinubuagbado:

Who lost?

My brother, Obi's problem wasn't lack of votes. He was clearly robbed by both APC and PDP. I live in Benin. Do u know how far PDP went to be able to get the few voted they got?
Look at Lagos, Rivers, Benue, Delta, Joe, just to mention a few.
If the election was free and fair, APC and PDP would have been humiliated. APC's humiliation would have been worse.
Obi was robbed my brother.
Nigerians trully came out and voted for him.

Don't forget that almost half the people that came out to vote couldn't vote at the end of the day due to the delay of materials getting to polling units, violence and voters oppression and other factors.

I came out to vote that day. I got to d polling unit I've been voting for more than ten years, only to find out my polling unit has been moved more than 3 km away. I had a flat tire, so I couldn't drive.
I had to go back home. It happened to many persons like that.

1 Like

Re: Manufacturers Sack 3,567 Workers, Unsold Goods Hit ₦‎272 Billion – MAN by compu(m): 9:10am On Sep 27, 2023
nedu666:
Tinubu should probe buhari govt and make them cough out all their loot

he should start from there, if he really meant to carry nigeria out of the mess APC government has plunged the nigeria economy into.

anyway, we are the one that voted them hopefully, there eyes go clear
Re: Manufacturers Sack 3,567 Workers, Unsold Goods Hit ₦‎272 Billion – MAN by emmanuelbrown26: 9:11am On Sep 27, 2023
contentmakerPRO:
The country has been auctioned long time ago. You borrow money only to be looted again and the debt servicing keep increasing. OBJ government did her best and cleared our debts totally. But after that, idiots in power highjacked everything again. No foreign institutions will want to help again. They wont trust nigeria. Its high time we start looking inward totally and reset by creating regional government to stand competitively.
Every jack and harry is an importer, putting pressure on what is not available and has been looted long time ago- the dollar. Majority of junks that suppose not even to exist or supposed to have been distroyed abroad find its way into the country and consituting nuisance to the environment, killing little alternatives that are indegineous and putting pressure on the exchange rates. Take or example, ankara is now soley produced and imported from china, something they dont even wear or use, and same people rush to fx market to sort for importation money in dollars.
Foreign reserves are zeros because all the dolars are in few hands especially the politicians and their families, living large in abroad.
After serving and killing nigeria economy, they run back to leave affluently abroad... Now everything is about to scatter more. Expect more hardship.... no money anywhere again...it will stabilize later but not until many things have been grounded and many have dropped dead or out of work or school. It is not well with nigeria.
I always ask, what will atiku , obi , kwankwaso do differently practically today with deplicated foregn reserves and high debt profiles? i dont think it will be much difference cos politicians cum cabals have long highjacked nigeria, leaving much naira to be chasing few dollars.
Oga leave Atiku, Obi and kwankwanso alone, Tinubu wanted power and snatched it. Let him do what he snatched and stop bringing other people into it.
Una never see anything, Yorubas are not good in managing businesses and economy

2 Likes

Re: Manufacturers Sack 3,567 Workers, Unsold Goods Hit ₦‎272 Billion – MAN by baconline(m): 9:12am On Sep 27, 2023
Nigerias problem at this stage is beyond leadership, we need to turn this country to a manufacturing hub, it's left for the masses to do that,then dollar will be available and all this mess will go away

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Manufacturers Sack 3,567 Workers, Unsold Goods Hit ₦‎272 Billion – MAN by Keme4Real(f): 9:13am On Sep 27, 2023
Dash me some of the unsold goods. Wetin Nigeria Sabi manufacture sef?
Re: Manufacturers Sack 3,567 Workers, Unsold Goods Hit ₦‎272 Billion – MAN by emmanuelbrown26: 9:14am On Sep 27, 2023
PlsStayAlive:

We're all in it together, like it or not. Voted for Tinubu or not. Whether we voted for or not, they'd already decided who the next president is, dah end.
Wisen up and look front, no dey think say you wise pass everyone else because you choose a better 'candidate' who didn't make it 'because blah blah blah', cause there was never one in the beginning.
Just the choice, and everyone else running to make him look legit.
I can feel ur hot tears, una never see anything. Rice bandits tribe
Re: Manufacturers Sack 3,567 Workers, Unsold Goods Hit ₦‎272 Billion – MAN by NAC1666: 9:16am On Sep 27, 2023
Re: Manufacturers Sack 3,567 Workers, Unsold Goods Hit ₦‎272 Billion – MAN by emmanuelbrown26: 9:17am On Sep 27, 2023
Jerrywhite77:

My brother, Obi's problem wasn't lack of votes. He was clearly robbed by both APC and PDP. I live in Benin. Do u know how far PDP went to be able to get the few voted they got?
Look at Lagos, Rivers, Benue, Delta, Joe, just to mention a few.
If the election was free and fair, APC and PDP would have been humiliated. APC's humiliation would have been worse.
Obi was robbed my brother.
Nigerians trully came out and voted for him.

Don't forget that almost half the people that came out to vote couldn't vote at the end of the day due to the delay of materials getting to polling units, violence and voters oppression and other factors.

I came out to vote that day. I got to d polling unit I've been voting for more than ten years, only to find out my polling unit has been moved more than 3 km away. I had a flat tire, so I couldn't drive.
I had to go back home. It happened to many persons like that.
Look at how d votes were casted, Yorubas voted for Tinubu
Igbos voted for Obi
South South voted for OBI and Atiku
While north shared it with Atiku, Tinubu and Kwakwanso
D votes Obi got in Lagos was bcs Lagos is a place with different tribes. If Lagos were to be Ogun, Ondo or any western state, believe me Obi won't hv gotten anything.
So therefore, Yorubas brought us into dis mess and they are d ones feeling d heat most
Re: Manufacturers Sack 3,567 Workers, Unsold Goods Hit ₦‎272 Billion – MAN by gentlesmithugo(m): 9:20am On Sep 27, 2023
Tinubu has not even stayed up to a year and this country is like this.am scared of how next year will be like seriously.their is no hope at all.everything has fallen apart.their is no light at the end of the tunnel.

1 Like

Re: Manufacturers Sack 3,567 Workers, Unsold Goods Hit ₦‎272 Billion – MAN by Jostoman: 9:22am On Sep 27, 2023
I told you people that the subsidy removal is use by baba to lfight and make things difficult for opposition to challenge the fraudulent election most especially in lagos.
Re: Manufacturers Sack 3,567 Workers, Unsold Goods Hit ₦‎272 Billion – MAN by lolu2019: 9:25am On Sep 27, 2023
Tinubuagbado:

Who lost?

u r very very stupid
Re: Manufacturers Sack 3,567 Workers, Unsold Goods Hit ₦‎272 Billion – MAN by unmask: 9:25am On Sep 27, 2023
contentmakerPRO:

can you imagine, chevron drive of all places. what went wrong. a whole high brow area and high way?

Tolling was stopped.
Money from the toll gate is used to maintain the roads. Now that the money from tolling is not available, government is in a "you people will suffer the consequence phase"
Re: Manufacturers Sack 3,567 Workers, Unsold Goods Hit ₦‎272 Billion – MAN by Yankee101: 9:37am On Sep 27, 2023
Buhari made nigeria sick
Tinubu killed it
Re: Manufacturers Sack 3,567 Workers, Unsold Goods Hit ₦‎272 Billion – MAN by contentmakerPRO: 9:39am On Sep 27, 2023
unmask:

Tolling was stopped.
Money from the toll gate is used to maintain the roads. Now that the money from tolling is not available, government is in a "you people will suffer the consequence phase"
Oh, really? I was wondering what went wrong upon all the tolling. So no more tolling? Was it as a result of endsars or court judgement cos I knew a lot of legal battles were going on then. I can see where the sabotage is from. They should have allowed them to do their work with their tolling. It used to be a well organised road before. Thanks for the update.
Re: Manufacturers Sack 3,567 Workers, Unsold Goods Hit ₦‎272 Billion – MAN by anonymous1759(m): 9:43am On Sep 27, 2023
contentmakerPRO:
The country has been auctioned long time ago. You borrow money only to be looted again and the debt servicing keep increasing. OBJ government did her best and cleared our debts totally. But after that, idiots in power highjacked everything again. No foreign institutions will want to help again. They wont trust nigeria. Its high time we start looking inward totally and reset by creating regional government to stand competitively.
Every jack and harry is an importer, putting pressure on what is not available and has been looted long time ago- the dollar. Majority of junks that suppose not even to exist or supposed to have been distroyed abroad find its way into the country and consituting nuisance to the environment, killing little alternatives that are indegineous and putting pressure on the exchange rates. Take or example, ankara is now soley produced and imported from china, something they dont even wear or use, and same people rush to fx market to sort for importation money in dollars.
Foreign reserves are zeros because all the dolars are in few hands especially the politicians and their families, living large in abroad.
After serving and killing nigeria economy, they run back to leave affluently abroad... Now everything is about to scatter more. Expect more hardship.... no money anywhere again...it will stabilize later but not until many things have been grounded and many have dropped dead or out of work or school. It is not well with nigeria.
I always ask, what will atiku , obi , kwankwaso do differently practically today with deplicated foregn reserves and high debt profiles? i dont think it will be much difference cos politicians cum cabals have long highjacked nigeria, leaving much naira to be chasing few dollars.

It's easier for Nigeria to be stable over night than to see a sensible post as yours look at all the junk spilling all over the thread it's a pity .

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

MASSOB Introduces ‘biafran Income Tax’ / Hit And Run Vehicle Kills Middle-Aged Man At Onipanu Bus Stop / Is Kemi Omololu Olunloyo Nigeria's Worst Liar?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.